1. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: What Am I Doing To Myself? Let's Try and Play Fire Emblem: Thracia 776!

Chapter 13 Preamble
    Spoiler
    Show

We're finally at Tahra, which I remind you has been our goal since, if not the end of 2x, when Safy alerted us, then at least 5, when we rescued Nanna, or 6, when we escaped prison. We've been on this subplot for ages, and this will be the first major non-running-for-his-life based battle based battle in the history of the Liberation Army.

Had always been doing its best to protect against the Empire's evil deeds.

Tahra's situation was looking increasingly grim. Tahra had maintained its freedom by promising never to oppose the Empire, but that freedom seemed short-lived now...

Post prep screen, which I'll be getting back to shortly...

We open on General Paulus and his second-in-command. Or whatever this guy is. Today's boss. That's what he is.
    Paulus: " I see... Baldack should be arriving soon with his 8th Legion."

Paulus leaves.

Of course the enemy won't be polite. Or patient.
    "All troops! Prepare to attack!"

Oh. You're going to regret this, captain tealhair!

Hey, it's Selphina's husband and Fin's best buddy! And some guy (speaking) we've never heard of!
    There. Now I've done my duty as LPer.

There is no way she'd be able to do that.

Oh, now they're telling us about aerial combat some more. You know...Long after we've learned all valuable lessons (Maybe they figured Karin may have died...?)
    But, hey, at least Karin isn't relegated to being told to watch out for archers 50 million times.

By the way, Eda here is actually one of our elite book candidates -- she's our "not-Karin," who didn't win.

He actually will. That's just embaressing.

Wait, Shanan's here? Heck yes!

Shanan's a playable character from the second half of four, having made appearances as a child in the first half. He's the prince of Isaac, inheritor of the Odo bloodline, weilder of the Balmung and the Shooting Star Sword technique, and is generally pretty darn cool.
    In fact, he might be too cool.

(Glade) "Why does he refuse to help?"
    To protect continuity? Sety helping is cool; in 4, Sety joins during the part of the game that connects most directly to this, so that connects, but the rest is dubious at best.
    But Shanan's searching for his holy weapon right about now, somewhere in the desert.

Something is certainly afoot. Like all mysteries, it will be solved!
    "...We have no choice. We will have to fight on our own."

I didn't screenshot it, but Glade and a bunch of generic mounted units ride out of our representation of Tahra.

But we cut to Leaf, first.
    "...This isn't good. The Empire's attack seems to have begun."

Read: We're only giving you a handful of units this map.
    "Also, I see ballistas among the enemy lines. It's too dangerous."
    ""I know it's dangerous, but we have no choice. Tahra's demise will mean our demise as well."

"If we lose their support as well as our troops, all that is left is our destruction."

Alrighty, then. Let's check our map!

Alrighty, blah-blah, stitch job, forgiveness, usual...
    Map!
    It's a fairly large map, so it's not a bad place for our mounted units to go nuts, especially as our objective is escape.

We've got ballista, which means Karin's going to be suffering. However, we also have houses that only Karin can access. Thanks, Thracia 776. Thanks so much.

Ranged bishop, for ranged suffering...But he'll likely also be Karin's problem.

Rist isn't too bad, especially when you factor in the fact that he doesn't get a throne or a gate to increase his defenses, and we'll be able to go at him with an armorslayer or a hammer or something. We will, though, want to give his opponent a scroll or make him switch to his bow before facing him, but other than that, pretty managable.
    He's got the Shield Skill, which sometimes nullifies the damage from some attacks, so that's a thing to be handled with caution...But who knows; maybe we'll be lucky.

Glade can take care of himself, pretty much...

But his generic troops, who we are stunningly given total control over in a complete departure for the series, cannot.
    But it's fine, because in another total departure, we gain or lose nothing for their survival. We'll basically have them give their weapons to Glade and use them as a wall of meat.

By the way, I have no set plans for either the Wrath book or the Charge manual, if anyone has some ideas about those.
    In terms of healers, given the size of the map and the ballista, I reccomend Nanna for this one over either of the Priests, though I suppose Seram or Asvel could take a few shots to bring the healing as well.
    I'd sadly not reccomend Robert, since we are bringing a mandatory archer this map. I know. You may hold your sorrow.

Selfina and Karin are mandatory, and we max out at 8, so vote for 5 units from our active character list.
    I've updated said list.

This'll likely be EXP-heavy, so if you'd be willing to grant me permission about who on your vote list that's level 16 or above it'd be cool to promote if they get in range this map, I'll pack a few goodies. (You can say "All," "None," or "Tell Me About Their Promotions.") We've got a couple of units who are within spitting distance of level 20, so it's worth asking. We have 6 Knight's Proofs, and we'll probably be having a serious talk about them soon.

Only Lara's Fatigued Enough To Matter
    Last edited by Deme; 2014-06-13 at 04:28 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...