Quote Originally Posted by arclance View Post
They are from Monsters of Faerūn pg.43.
This is their totally balanced breath weapon.

Code:
Age             Breath Weapon (DC)

Wyrmling:       1 (14)
Very young:     1 (16)
Young:          1 (18)
Juvenile:       2 (20)
Young adult:    2 (22)
Adult:          3 (24)
Mature adult:   4 (26)
Old:            5 (29)
Very old:       5 (32)
Ancient:        6 (34)
Wyrm:           7 (37)
Great wyrm:     8 (39)
The critical question, then, is can it use its breath weapon as frequently as it cares to, or is it a "once every 1d4 rounds" situation? If it is, it does me no good, because even with all the standard actions one could ever want, I'm still not taking more than one round. If it is not, and can be used whenever I have a standard action free, then the question is does it have a range in excess of 20'? If so, then it'd just be a matter of manifesting Greater Metamorphosis (or Shapechange).

As per rockdeworld's request, here is the revised form of the Jersey encounter:

Jersey manifests Foresight for the day, which warns him of incoming doom in 1d4+1 rounds. His thralls, if not already within 20', move to within 20'. Round 1 (after manifesting Foresight), Jersey manifests Affinity Field, covering himself and his thralls. If his thralls are able to act without interference this round, one manifests an augmented Synchronicity, and the Mad Minute is established. If not, Jersey manifests a quickened augmented Synchronicity, and the Mad Minute is established, but Jersey has no more swift actions this round (but still has access to the Greater Reality Benders if he really needs a swift action only spell or power). Using his standard, he manifests Fission, thrall 1 manifests Bestow Power, thrall 2 manifests an augmented Synchronicity, Fission manifests Bestow Power, etc. etc. Jersey then uses his next several standard actions (still in round 1 after Foresight) to establish the rest of the trick and any defenses he feels he might want (and can manifest as a standard action), including Greater Metamorphosis (or Shapechange, whichever is preferable) to become a Shadow Dragon (if the range on the Shadow Dragon's breath weapon is sufficient to attack the target beyond the Affinity Field). If so, he then Reality Revisions (or Wishes or Miracles) the team to the target, but keeping the target out of the Affinity Field, and breath weapons the thing to death. If the Shadow Dragon doesn't work for whatever reason, he uses Enervation (provided it can successfully hit the target, even if it is only on a natural twenty) until the thing dies.

Actually, though, given that I'm able to do arbitrarily large amounts of damage in a round, does the creature's regeneration have time to work? Or is it otherwise immune to damage (elemental, force, etc.)?

So, what happens?