Dierdre has been preparing herself to stand up (in fact, it looks like the guards were ready to throw Badger out), but now she settles back in her seat. "As am I," she says. "In that, our interests align. You may think of me as a secluded overlord or whatever you will, but let me assure you that I too have the best interests of this city at heart. I will not allow it to die. And I will certainly not allow its potential murderers to use my creation as their weapon."

She unclasps her hands and rests them at the sides of the chair. "If you think I am idle, then you likely would not want to spend any more time in the Heights. But unfortunately if you wish to expose Cesare you must do exactly that." She clicks her fingers and two hobgoblin attendants leave the room. "The both of us know that Cesare is likely the culprit. Nobody else has the means, motive, or utter foolishness. But we must prove it, and we must expose him." The hobgoblin guards return, carrying rolled-up flyers, raven masks with long black carved beaks, and servant's outfits.

"Tonight there is a ball--a masquerade--at Cesare's mansion. Naturally many of Runite's socialites will be present, drinking wine and ignoring the moans of the ill and dying." Now she lets a hint of venom into her voice. "If one were to sneak into this ball, it might be possible to obtain critical information, or even expose him then and there."