"While the industrious people of Spire City seek riches abroad, it is up to us to secure the internal stability of our nation. We must do work at home to enable individual enterprise abroad. That's why I need your men to patrol the Third Quarter instead of sitting in the barracks. We need to not only make the streets safer, but also ensure that people know they are safe. Do you understand?"

The man opposite Loboniva nods stiffly and brings his fist to his heart. "It shall be as you say, my Lord."

After the man leaves, Loboniva sighs. Getting people to do what they should do might be a simple administrative task, but it is also a never-ending chore in such an abysmally underdeveloped bureaucratic system. Perhaps some development might be in order.

Midturn
Spoiler
Show

Spend all Rumours and Reputation as well as my trait on expanding the Imperial control over the Iron Knights, framing it as expanding the influence of the Iron Knights in the rest of the city as a more broadly powerful police, guard and military force.

Use Industry to produce Wealth which in turn is spent on Loyalty.