1. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: THEChanger's Curse of the Crimson Throne: Edge of Anarchy

Gavin had to admit that the sight of the chelish lady getting her ass handed to her in negotiations by a rugged child was amusing.
    Clearly she wasn't used to dealing with the sort of hardened children who grew up in the filth overshadowed by two-bit tyrants like Gaedren Lamm, and thus were not afraid of anything.
    Then the screaming started, and the fishery shifted on its pilings - not enough to be dangerous but more than enough to suggest that something very bad was happening below them.
    Clawing at his belt pouch with his buckler hand, he tears it off and tosses the thin pouch of money at the kid's chest.

"Here's what I have on me. If we don't come back, use it to get as far as you can. Like milady said, tie Yargin up and drag him out with you - don't kill him, but feel free to smear some fish guts in his hair!"

Gavin growls, pushing past the gaggle of children and vaulting over the low railing of the walkway to land heavily on the workshop floor.
    As he goes, he mulls over what Lady Selancourte said - she had a point in bringing up his promise to find the children a home.
    He *had* made that promise a bit cavalierly, even though the children hadn't seemed as eager to hold him to that as they had her.
    Then again, he was a ragged mercenary and she - well, she was a noblewoman and a famous diva!

Finally he grunts out an answer as he runs down the gankplank leading into the ship.

"Gonna need something to do after Lamm is dead. I thought we'd figure it out as we went along, like the rest of this job. Course, having the help of Lady Vestis Selancourte, famous Diva and Sorceress *would* undoubtedly make that easier."

Gavin quipped, favoring the lady with a smile, although with a slight sinking feeling in his stomach that perhaps, like a man seeking the favor of Asmodeus, he really didn't want Milady's help but he was going to get it anyway . . . and regret it to no end.

Those concerns faded as he got to the bottom walkway leading into Lamm's bolthole beneath the fishery, just as how to convince the children had faded when the screaming started.

"What in the Hells Below is going on down here!?"

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Free Round 9 Move (Thanks a whole lot for the bonus movement TheChanger! Though I suppose I'll be cursing your name when we get down there right in the thick of the fight instead of cleaning up. )
    Free(?) Action - Toss kid the bag of coins (8 SP in it). If it'll cost an action, too bad, he's not getting the money then.
    Move - Move directly north, vaulting over the walkway. With 30' move, I guess that should put me about where Hookshanks' body is?
    Standard - Move down the ramp, which should get back to the bottom of the ramp onto the ship on Map 2.

-Round 10 Actions-
    Move - Move around the topside of the boat to the stairs, head down into the hold - should put me about at the bottom of the stairs inside the hold, where Carla's dog is right now(?)
    Standard - Move to G11 on map B2, putting Gavin right smack in the middle of the walkway leading into the Big Show
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2017-03-30 at 11:09 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

Threads I'm currently DMing:

Threads I have successfully completed: