- All the World's Meat -

"You made your choice a long time ago Verik. Your crocodile tears over getting caught mean nothing to me!"

Gavin hisses, unable to maintain his facade of ignoring Verik in the face of his self-pity.
His anger fades into momentary confusion however as Vestis insists on questioning the man about the pretty bauble dagger he bought.
Given the wealth he had no doubt amassed as part of Lamm's scheme to sell children, he could easily afford such a thing if it caught his eye.
Gavin's surprise only grew as her pressure yielded unexpected fruit, in the confirmation that the Arkonas were, in fact, part of this.

It seemed likely that their plan was to let Lamm take out all of their rivals, and then bring his revolution up short at the final moment.
Leaving them the only nobles left standing - even if it didn't succeed more than weeding out some rivals, they would probably have come out ahead.
Was this done with the blessing of the whole family, however, or just the work of rebellious Melyia?
There was no real way to find out at present, and certainly nothing they could do about it even if it were all true.

Still, that was an impressive display at interrogation.
Just who was this noblewoman!?
And of course, she just had to go and ruin the mood the next moment by spitting on some country far away from here.

"I'm rather confident that neither Lamm nor Melyia plans on this being anything like Andoran or Galt. More like Cheliax - out with the old regime, in with the new."

Gavin comments wryly, favoring Vestis with a smirk as he knows she isn't going to like that comparison. Not one bit.

- Citadel Volshynek -

"Grau! Allow me to present Sergeant Verik Vancesterkin. Traitor, cannibal, and kidnapper of children. Oh, and he also framed me for the kidnapping of that little girl Lamm pinned on me.
She's probably somewhere in Garund if you haven't managed to find her yet."

Gavin growled, shoving Verik into the room.

"I'm not sure picking a fight with Korvosa's entire underworld is a wise idea right now anyway. Showing up there to plant the flag may push even more of them into Lamm's camp - if they're doomed either way . . ."

Gavin shrugs.

"Since it seems that they're expecting the guard at their recruitment drive, I'm not sure if that means they're planning an ambush of the Field Marshall or simply have a way to scatter and for Lamm's people to get out while leaving all the poor fools who showed up behind to face the guard. Either way, we will go wherever we're needed."

Gavin said, although in this case he suspects that 'we" might be more of an "I".