Gavin shrugs at Carla's question but is not able to keep the bitterness out of his voice.

"Not much to say. Used to be fellow guardsmen. He sold out to Lamm, I didn't, and so he framed me on Lamm's behalf apparently. But if you have questions about him, sure, we can talk about it more over a drink at a tavern, assuming we survive the mess waiting for us in the Grey District."

Unlike the others, Gavin does not transform immediately, instead pulling up the cowl of his new cloak (which was now missing a strip along the left edge) over his head. Hopefully that would be good enough to disguise himself amongst the others for now. As soon as they passed through the gates into the Grey District, however, Gavin reached up and brushed his fingers across his face while focusing on how he had felt in the opening moments of his transformation. His face slipped aside in response, collapsing into his palm as a wooden mask as his new metal face glittered in the moonlight.

A burst of wind kicked up at that moment, sending debris and a few dried leaves skittering across the ground nearby, the sound strangely resembling human speech, although it is too quiet and garbled to make much out. The keenest ear nearby may have been able to make out something like "I need a hero" as the leaves passed them by, but then the wind fades and Gavin's mask dissolves into a bunch of caterpillars that make themselves scarce under his sleeves and cloak.

Going, as usual, for a less circumspect approach, upon seeing the approaching figures Gavin draws his rapier and advances.

"Who goes there!?"

He calls out to the lead figure.