View Single Post

Thread: The Crimson Echo IC

1. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Crimson Echo IC

At Aliani's Command, Gaedren pinches his nose shut with one hand and extends a foot off the side of the boat as if he is about to jump into the water.
    And then he steps back away from the edge and lifts his hand away from his nose to spread his arms wide with a cackling laugh.

"Nice try, kid! But you're going to have to do better than that if you want -"

Running up beside Aliani, Miz winds up and pitches a dart across the distance, the point of the weapon slicing a bloody red line across Gaedren's face as it skips off his right cheekbone, missing his right eye an inch or less.
    The crime lord immediately stops laughing, reaching a hand up to incredulously dab at his face, scowling as he looks down at his fingers to see them stained red with his own blood.

"So it's gonna be like that, eh!? Fine then! Next time I'll make sure you're dead, poppet! Count on it!"

Gaedren curses, while at the same time cautiously slinking back into the ship's cabin, clearly wary of the group having a proper archer among the group as the rickety old ship continues to drift off deeper into the middle of the Jeggare River.
    Aliani sees a long dark shape emerge from the shadows of the Fishery's support pilings, rapidly darting through the water to follow the ship - Gobblegut, Lamm's pet alligator.

Meanwhile, Silas exchanges blows with the thug closest to the door to Gaedren's lair, the door to which still hangs partially ajar from Brendan's minions moving in and out of the hideout room beneath the old Fishery.
    The tiefling's blow does not fell the thug, but the thug staggers back from the blow.

Spoiler: Thug #3
    Show

Attack vs. Silas
    To-Hit: (1d20+4)[20]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[6]

The man's return blow strikes Silas a glancing blow across the chest, but his armor and thick skin manage to prevent any actual harm (but only just!)

Sliding down the wall, Dalen lands on his feet and begins casting his last Sleep spell for the day.
    Meanwhile, the thug on the boat attempts to leap across the narrow gap between the boat and the walkway, going after Aliani.

Spoiler: Thug #2
    Show

Move: Needs to make an acrobatics check to leap across the water to reach Aliani. Should only be DC 5 to clear the 5' of water between the boat and walkway
    Acrobatics: (1d20+1)[4]
    -If he makes it-
    Move to Aliani and attack, otherwise he'll haul himself up onto the walkway next to Aliani for his Standard action instead.
    To-Hit: (1d20+4)[11]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[5]

He doesn't quite manage, tripping on the rim of the rowboat and splashing down into the water before clawing his way up onto the walkway behind Aliani soaking wet.

Descending from on high like some sort of nightmarish deity, Brendan lands at the far end of the walkway, right next to his last subordinate who is working up his courage to step forward and attack Miz.
    The thug looks over his shoulder and blinks in shock as he gets a good up-close look at Brendan's oozing eye socket.

"B-Boss!? What do you want me to do?"

"Die for me."

Is all Brendan replies, a ghastly smile tugging at his lips.

"W-What?"

"DIE FOR ME!"

Spoiler: Brendan's Actions
    Show

Move: Land at the end of the pier
    Standard: Shoot Thug #1 in the chest with an Empowered Pushing Gravity Kinetic Blast, going against his flat-footed AC of 12 as Thug #1 is definitely not expecting this.
    To-Hit: (1d20+5)[17]
    Damage: (3d6+3)[11] * 1.5 = 16 Damage

Brendan gains a point of Burn, taking 5 Damage (he auto-negates the Burn from Pushing Infusion due to Infusion Specialization)

The Shudder-crazed thug howls, as he raises a hand and summons a blast of purplish-black energy that spears his followers through the chest.
    The man's chest explodes in an eruption of blood and chunks of gore that splatter across the walkway, a few drops even reaching Miz.
    A look of shocked betrayal on his face, the man tumbles backward off the pier into the water.
    The dark fin that had been circling around out in the water starts moving closer.
    Brendan swoons as a fresh eruption of ink-colored blood boils out of his eye socket.
    But he recovers his manic swagger a moment later.

"WHO WANTS TO BE NEXT!?"

Spoiler: Map
    Show

Spoiler: Summary
    Show

Brendan - 5 Damage, 1 Burn
    Thug #1 - 16 Damage, Dying and SHARK FOOD
    Thug #2
    Thug #3 - 7 Damage
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2018-06-14 at 08:05 PM.
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

Threads I'm currently DMing:

Threads I have successfully completed: