1. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XXXI - The Gift of Fish

If you read my Twitter you probably already know this but when I'm low on caffeine my mind wanders to the concept and basis of reality.

What it basically boils down to is that, there is neither god nor the souls, because those are the brain firing wierdly through some parts of the brain (We actually have a portion of the hind brain that creates euphoria and a feeling of "oneness" with the universe...), but meanwhile our brains are full of neurons firing electrical signals because of chemical interactions within them which are the consequences of molecular and atomic interactions beneath them, which are impacted predominantly by gravity and magnetism, all of which is similarly initiated by our own internal and external sensory perceptions of the matter around us.

Meanwhile on a grander scale, the universe is full of matter floating free as can be in an atomic state and interacting, and being pulled about and orchestrated by the same gravity and magnetism, forming stars, planets, galaxies, and all the glorious beauty we see in the night sky.

So, the entire universe is one grand simplistic engine producing amazing and fascinating complex entities. Our brains are fairly miniscule in the whole picture, but knowing all this makes it seem like, we may be pointless to have around but it's worth fighting to stick around and watch, 'cos the universe is a beautiful place.

[/metaphysical rambling]
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2010-02-15 at 08:01 AM.