Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Xavez View Post
Full backstory needed? Also, what are "Vitality and Wound Points"? The rules you provided doesn't explain what they are, or give a remotely useful reference for them.
-Xavez
Back story is appreciated, though I don't expect pages upon pages. Getting an idea of what you expect of your character, as well as background I can draw plot hooks and NPCs from, is primarily what I'd been using it for.

As for Vitality and Wound Points, yes, it's in Unearthed Arcana or, more conveniently, here. I did write in the rules the page number in UA right next to it, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rabbler View Post
This looks like a lot of fun; I'd be interested in making a character.

also: are ACFs for PC classes allowed? (example: soulbound weapon ACF for psychic warrior)

EDIT: is there any chance that dungeonscape might be added to the allowed books? a factotum sounds like it would work quite nicely for this.
Hmm, I'm not sure on ACFs yet but I don't see an issue as of yet. Just point me towards what ACFs you wanna use when we get that close, as 7th level is a long way away and Commoners are fairly mortal.

As for Factotums, I think they're a little too much this, as Factotums seem to draw from an established adventuring tradition, which isn't available in what I envision. A lot of the material in Dungeonscape also draws on that sort of thing as well, which makes me not want to include it at all.

This isn't to say I may not make it available later, depending on how things go, just not from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
My strong suggestion is to not let Psychic Warrior gain any additional powers until they start actually replacing Warrior levels with PsiWar. They aren't as dependent on psychic abilities in the first place, and certain low-end combos can be quite devastating. See also: Hustle Shuffle.
Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
Query: When exchanging 'improved NPCs' and such, how do you feel about multiclassing? Can you take "Expert/Warrior'" for example? Is Barb/Fighter multiclassing allowed? How about Ranger/Rogue? Sorcerer/Paladin? Etc.
Speaking of both, the rules have been updated to include psionics, as well as a bit of multiclassing.

Specific changes added:
2 new Adept types: Lyrical and Psychic.
Magic and Psionic Transparency is at Diminished Effect.
Bard and Psychic Warrior require multiclassing, between Expert/Lyrical Adept and Warrior/Psychic Adept, respectively.
Fractional Saves and BAB progression in effect.

On multiclassing, I don't see an issue with people multiclassing, as some combinations they want on the tail end of multiclassing may require it, like Sorcadins needing Warrior/Bloodline Adept. For favored class issues, that'll come into affect when you hit full PC at 10th (provided we make it that far, which I hope we can). For before that, since the system requires rapid retraining, it'd be a headache to worry about that as well and I don't want XP penalties to slow that progress.

For Psychic Warriors with manifesting, I think as I have it written, Psychic Warriors won't hit 2nd level powers till they start shifting into being actual Psychic Warriors, so we shouldn't have to worry about Hustling combos, I don't think.

Finally, after contemplating Devotions for a while now, I'm going to state that you're limited to 1 till you reach PC class levels and I'll be enforcing appropriate deity choices for devotions. That said, feel free to have a look through them, as I think devotions like Animal, Healing, Sun, Plant and Earth would work wonderfully for a particularly devout commoner of the appropriate deity. I also may be a bit cross if we have Death Devotion commoners unless you got a damn good story reason for it.

Input on the current state of the rules, such as whether Psychic Warriors and Bards got way too complicated, whether the Psychic Adept's special is at the right power level, would be appreciated.