View Single Post

Thread: Murphy's Law (Thread 2!)

1. - Top - End - #1246
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Murphy's Law (Thread 2!)

Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    Now now. I know Belkar and Janine are different. I hate Belkar not because he's a psychopathic mass murderer who'll probably get in my favorite character's pants at some points. Xykon is a mass-murdering serial rapist (though this part is implied only in Start of Darkness) bent on turning the world into his hopeless playground and I don't mind him. I hate Belkar because of the way the universe, or Rich if you wish, has treated him so far, especially when compared to my favorite characters (hi Miko, hi V). One's not sure Belkar will actually get what he deserves since he's one of the protagonists (the story won't abandon him once he dies), whereas one can reasonably expect Xykon to get his just deserts at some point, being the head villain.

It's Janine's personality that annoys me, though I do admit I'd have liked Lloyd to make it clear her courtship was not funny a long ago. I don't mind promiscuous people. I know you told me Janine considers Lloyd as an actual person, but so far, in the strip, I don't see it. Since her first appearance, she has behaved in a way implying she sees Lloyd only as someone to bed because he's handsome. (Incidentally, I'm looking forward to Janine being developped beyond "I wanna bone Lloyd" for I find it to be getting old.)

"Charisma potions" also strike me as selfish manipulation and blatant disrespect for people's free will, which are things I've always loathed.
    Listen, I've got Janine's development all planned out, like the entire strip. I think you'll like where it's headed. Please, trust me.

About this potion: Serrin's parents made it as a gag gift. They didn't realize how strong it was until a previous party drank it in the store and started going at right then and there.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-06-04 at 04:43 PM.