Quote Originally Posted by mucat View Post
Both from the title (great title, by the way, Cof) and from the situation, I'm getting more of a Kent State vibe. Angry drow do something aggressive but nonlethal, soldiers respond with lethal force.

(As opposed to Mai Lai, which was a flat-out premeditated massacre of civilians.)

I like the fact that Coffee gives us time to get to know and like all the members of Lloyd's patrol, before we see what they did. It's too easy to shrug off the impact of that kind of crime if we're allowed to think "only people who are inherently evil are capable of that."

Speaking of the earlier, happier part of the strip...do we still not know who Lloyd's paramour is? "Lexi" could be Alexis or Lexington...and since as of next strip there will be more important issues, I wonder if Coffee set this up so we never find out?
Thanks, Mucat. And yeah, that's the vibe I was going for here. And getting to know the soldiers...That was completely intentional. I'm not going for anything so easy as, "They're evil and so that's why they do evil stuff, they drink blood and punt puppies in their spare time." But you already know that.

And I'm glad you liked the title. I had trouble deciding on a title.