Quote Originally Posted by Raging Gene Ray View Post
Isn't that what she's doing in the last panel? Seriously, though, Salblaze (the whole reason for Astrid's hatred of Plavaans) was only on loan from Tiamat and presumably had been HER ally for much longer (I'm assuming Tiamat is still female, but non-Evil in Coffee's cosmology). So where's Tiamat's reaction? Shouldn't Tinder have more reason to hate Plavaan's than Janine?

Also, I know I've said this before, but Janine's hatred actually seems rational to me, given the fact that Plavaan's worship the gods that slaughtered her goddesses ally who had done no wrong and was, in fact, coming to BLESS their lands (still, the Plavaan's seem to have ended up with the most fertile land despite not having that blessing).

I already see that in-story, as foreshadowed by Serrin, the Plavaan gods were not malicious and it's all just one big misunderstanding, but why does nobody know that? Doesn't Kylie know WHY she's not allowed out during the Day of Ascension? If it is just one big misunderstanding, why not just pull out the Book of Rockwell, the orc god (which, I assume, has a down-homey picture of quaint country-folks doing quaint country-folksy things on its cover) and point to the passage that says they thought it was an invasion or something? Then she can post it in the town square one Saturday evening and there would be much less reason for the Church of Astrid to hate them.
No, Tiamat helped Astrid make them, but they're Astrid's.

Even if it is a bit misunderstanding, the Book of Rockwell certainly does not have quaint country images on its cover any more than the Book of Astrid does. The truth is somewhere in the middle; it will be revealed eventually, but not now.

Besides, do you honestly think anybody would listen to Kylie if she did that? If anything, they'd grow even angrier and she might not make it out of the town square alive.

On that note, the Plavaan aren't explicitly forbidden from going outside during the Day of Ascent, but everybody knows that doing so is tantamount to suicide.

No. It is suicide.