New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Coplantor's Completly Creative Cautious and Contemplative Random Banter #109

I will try to think of better questions to ask at lunch today. Work is double-hell because of monthly and annual reports I have to deal with..

*Goes back to work, bravely risking numerous paper-cuts when sailing the seas of Soylent-White*

(A cookie to the one who catches the soylent-white reference.)

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Coplantor's Completly Creative Cautious and Contemplative Random Banter #109

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Bring it. I've actually been looking forward to this. Hence the shameless promotion.
    Looking forward to my questions? Please, you'll be begging me to stop in a second. I shall test you utmost bounds of philosophical thinking .
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by adanedhel9 View Post
    Assuming it does, actually, come out.
    most disturbing thing i've ever seen on a screen? the last line of the article linked above. >.<

in case you are wondering why we are doing the time warp again, i just want to let you know that i have just read from page 28 up to present while sitting here at work this morning. huzzah. mind-rending tedium.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    And just to ramble on even more, I am just now reminded of my damn memory. For some reason, I just have a terrible memory for entertainment—books, movies, comics, you name it. I forget them not long after I've finished them. Now, I guess this gives me the opportunity to rewatch them and enjoy them again, but it's just really frustrating...
    i can usually frequently sometimes occasionally remember names, but i am rarely able to recall specific scenes and such. i think this has to do with the way i watch movies - for better or worse, i tend to just disengage my critical apparatus, suspend disbelief, and just go with the movie. not only does this make me bad at reviewing movies, it makes them harder to remember, because as any good psychobabbler will tell you, elaborative depth is the key to long-term memory retention.

bleh. i am getting gift certificates to buy an ipod for christmas, and i feel a little bummed out about it. i've had non-apple-brand mp3 players since before apple even got into that market. seriously, my first one was a rio which had 32 MB of memory and was larger than my wallet. it's like the head-sized cell phones you see in movies from the 80s. but it's a christmas present, so i don't have a lot of choice.

all my indie cred is just going to go right out the window. how will people know i am a hapless geek? they'll think i'm an art student, or a yuppie, or something.
    reno dakota there's not an iota of kindness in you
    you know you enthrall me and yet you don't call me it's making me blue
    (pantone 292)

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Ogre in the Playground

I had a dream with MrMud in it last night. You were the manager of a guitar shop, and you tried selling me that Polish death metal guitar you showed me yesterday.

@^: Don't worry about you geek image. Not that necessary. *Awaits swarm of pure death from many people.*
    Last edited by randman22222; 2009-01-02 at 12:24 PM.
    This avatar by Phase.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    I had a dream with MrMud in it last night. You were the manager of a guitar shop, and you tried selling me that Polish death metal guitar you showed me yesterday.

@^: Don't worry about you geek image. Not that necessary. *Awaits swarm of pure death from many people.*
    Really!? Funny I had the same dream, except you weren't in in, and neither was I, and there was nothing to do with guitars, and I thought I woke up but I didn't. And then I thought about how it is so sad I have never been mentioned in the crush thread... .
    Last edited by Mr. Mud; 2009-01-02 at 12:28 PM.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Bugbear in the Playground

Had another cool dream last night. I'm posting about it so I don't forget it. My friend and I are having a contest to see who had a cooler dream.

So there was this party going on at this huge mansion. This was no ordinary mansion, mind you. This mansion had all sorts of gymnastic cushions and the lot. It was a kid's wonderland; you could run yourself into anything and not get hurt. Anyway, so there was a party, and I was busy checking out the table full of appetizers, when someone approaches me, clearly angry about something. He says that I apparently took his girl, and he wanted her back (so evidently I'm a dude in this dream). I just ignore him and brush him away, making snarky comments at him. Finally, he challenges me to a duel, which I accept. He storms off, and I, obviously upset about this, start chugging cranberry Sierra Mist like it's booze. I explore the mansion some more while I do this, then I meet up with this "girl" the jackass referred to earlier. She was worried about me, and trying to prevent me from dueling this guy later. I just kept ignoring her as I continued "drinking". Finally, after we stop to sit for a bit, she comes up with an idea. Apparently, there's some other woman who's in love with the man I'm going to duel. She says that if the two of them become best friends, things might be able to work out. I find some sort of flaw in this plan, and try to run after her, but the floor in this particular room is made up of giant foam gymnastic mattresses, so it's extremely difficult to run. I finally topple over, though for some reason she runs across the room with ease.

Then I notice I have drool on the side of my mouth, so I wipe it off. Turns out, I was doing that in real life, too. This completely shut off the dream. It was starting to get good, too.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmud View Post
    Really!? Funny I had the same dream, except you weren't in in, and neither was I, and there was nothing to do with guitars, and I thought I woke up but I didn't. And then I thought about how it is so sad I have never been mentioned in the crush thread... .
    I'm afraid I don't follow you. At all.
    This avatar by Phase.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Troll in the Playground

I think he's saying that he didn't have at all the same dream as you.

@Slayer Draco: Weird dream.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, have any of you had a dream that you weren't in?
    Last edited by Sneak; 2009-01-02 at 12:32 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ogre in the Playground

Neither do I rand. I need to get my random juices flowing for the Cristo Questions thread . But the Crush thread bit was not toward you, but to the playground, 'bout how no one is crushing on Muddie .
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    EDIT: Just out of curiosity, have any of you had a dream that you weren't in?
    Yes, multiple. It's rather strange, actually. It's like being the parrot on the guy's shoulder, just without the feathers and ability to fly.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I have plenty of dreams without me in them. I mean, sometimes there's a thinly veiled self-insert character, but I know that guy isn't me, for one thing, his nose actually makes sense. Usually though, it's sort of like I'm watching a movie without actually y'know, sitting there watching a movie, just the dream is happening in a sort of 2d plane with 3d images in illusion within it.
    And I'm having an inordinately difficult time thinking up proper questions for Monsieur Meyers...
    So...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Usually, the dreams where I'm not myself are my best dreams.

Not because I don't like being myself, but because usually, when my dream calls for a whole new character, stuff's about to heat up.

Last night, I dreamt I was an ordinary citizen who was stepping up to a local mob that had its thumbs over a school district. I was part of a crew that engaged their submarines (I have no friggin' idea why the mob had submarines. Protect exports?). I managed to survive, always a plus.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ettin in the Playground

Believe or not, I once dreamt I was a mighty sorcerer, then the dream continued with me using my arcane power to destroy everyone who has ever wronged me in my life. Then I ended up fighting demons near a planar rift, I defeated them and sealed the rift, but at the cost of the life of the girl I like in RL, who apparantly was my wife in the dream. I'm messed up.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Banned

I think I had a nightmare about giant spiders that were after me.

Funny, because I'm not particularluy afraid of spiders...

I also had a lucid nightmare the other day. Ya' know, the ones where you know you're dreaming. At least, I reckon it was, since I remember thinking that it wasn't much fun and should just go ahead and wake up. Can't remember what it was about though... Just that it was kinda' scary.

I'm usually me in dreams. 'Cept that one time I was Naruto for some reason.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-01-02 at 01:05 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Believe or not, I once dreamt I was a mighty sorcerer, then the dream continued with me using my arcane power to destroy everyone who has ever wronged me in my life. Then I ended up fighting demons near a planar rift, I defeated them and sealed the rift, but at the cost of the life of the girl I like in RL, who apparantly was my wife in the dream. I'm messed up.
    Yeah. Not as messed up as me. I was a mighty sorcerror in a dream once... and instead of killing everyone who wronged, I just killed everyone. I mean, I didn't want to forget anything... I also had angel wings, and a Cowboy Hat. .
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Firbolg in the Playground

Call me when you're chasing a Tyrant from Resident Evil around a nameless cityscape with a Tek-bow from Turok.

That was one of my wierder dreams...

17. - Top - End - #1337

NecromancerGuy

^: You mean one of your more enjoyable dreams, right?

Frederiko: Eh, not really. That tends to be what we do once we gain real cosmic power. Crush our enemies, find out that there are bigger and uglier things than humans, suffer a crippling loss that threatens to turn us to evil(ler).

Spoiler
    Show
    I mean, I'm usually a right SOB in my dreams, what with the snapping of necks and sneaking around through air vents and popping out and head-shotting people just trying to do their jobs on my way to burn some mega-corporation down by systematically destroying their processing hubs at a rate faster than they can rebuild them. Then there's the aberration children-computers spliced together by science gone horribly wrong. I think I feel a little bit bad about what I have to do to them. And there's no real explanation either, I mean, I could be avenging some terrible wrong they're doing to the planet, or I could have merely created them in my dream in order to work out my frustrations about a potential future where corporations have truly made the fact that they run the world felt. *shrug*

/confuzzlement
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-01-02 at 01:12 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't recall any violent dreams, except ones that seem symbolic, in that I try to somehow attack some brick-wall of a person, and have to end up running away.
    This avatar by Phase.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Ettin in the Playground

One of the scariest dreams I ever had was when I was three. I was at a carnival with my grandfather, and there were these clowns, then the clowns turned into vampires and starting chasing me, then they got my grandad, the rest of the clowns left but my grandad kept chasing me, the dream ended before he could catch me.
    One of my sister's weirdest dreams was when she dreamt she was at a farm and she was eating an Ice Cream, then a rooster came, kicked her Ice cream away and starting pecking her repeatedly, she said it made her scared at the time.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, I've been holding this in for the longest time... it's coming out time...

Playground... I...

Spoiler
    Show
    ...I use the Newest post first system, which mean the newest post are at the top of the page, and it switched the order up a lot... and its hard to know who you are talking to/about with the '^' and 'v's.

Glad that's off my chest .
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Troll in the Playground

I don't think I've ever had a dream that didn't feature me. I don't think I've had a nightmare in years, either.

Of course, I don't remember the majority of my dreams...

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

A major feature of my dreams is fleeing, cross country, from something.

But not something right behind me. No, more like a fugitive sort of fleeing. I'm trying to find somewhere, anywhere, that's different from where I was.

Sometimes I'm a slave, sometimes I'm wanted, but always, I'm trying to flee.

I honestly, truly don't think this means I don't like where I am, or my life, or anything. I have no idea what, if anything, it means. Maybe I just really like running.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ogre in the Playground

One of the scariest dreams I ever had was when I was three. I was at a carnival with my grandfather, and there were these clowns, then the clowns turned into vampires and starting chasing me, then they got my grandad, the rest of the clowns left but my grandad kept chasing me, the dream ended before he could catch me.
    One of my sister's weirdest dreams was when she dreamt she was at a farm and she was eating an Ice Cream, then a rooster came, kicked her Ice cream away and starting pecking her repeatedly, she said it made her scared at the time.
    I never saw what was so scary about clowns. Whenever, even as a little child, I saw clowns, I thought, Why would anyone want to dress up like that? They'd have to pay me well before I'd do that.

EDIT: Because as a child, I talked in Lime, and now I talk in Dark Green.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2009-01-02 at 01:20 PM.
    This avatar by Phase.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ettin in the Playground

They were VAMPIRE CLOWNS!
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

25. - Top - End - #1345

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post

But not something right behind me. No, more like a fugitive sort of fleeing. I'm trying to find somewhere, anywhere, that's different from where I was.

I honestly, truly don't think this means I don't like where I am, or my life, or anything. I have no idea what, if anything, it means. Maybe I just really like running.
    Now you've got me thinking of a Rutskarn O Brother Where Art Thou?
    Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ogre in the Playground

If it were me, they'd represent un- or semiconscious obstacles, or things I just generally don't like, that I un- or semiconsciously didn't think I could stand up against. If it were me, they'd be certain aspects of our worldview, spokes in the flywheel of society.

No, that's not right. My unconscious generally has an attitude that's more like, This isn't going to work, but I'll try anyway.

Because my unconscious talks in Dark Slate Blue.
    This avatar by Phase.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ettin in the Playground

My dreams are often best not described
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

My dreams are often best not described
    Well, now you got me curious.

Aliens? Embezzlement? Ladies with loofahs? Men with loofahs? Inquiring minds want to know!
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2009-01-02 at 01:47 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Ogre in the Playground

Has anyone ever had a dream, where nothing really happens... you sorta just walk around... and its usually raining? I have those a lot. OR the dreams, not sure if you all get these, where this is a lot of running or something or the sort? Like I had one where I was playing kickball, and the ball was thrown at me, and when I jumped over it (I can jump that high, yes... it was about at my waist) my knees/legs responded by jolting up, as if to jump? It wakes me up... .
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

IF it means anything, maybe that you quite like where you are but feel like or fear that someone is or will try to drive you off from it? i'm not willing to suppose that dreams do actually mean anything, but from a statistical standpoint, if they do represent truly random firing of synapses, then themes which recur more often in your mind will come up more often.... *shrug*

mine, when i recall them, are often me trying to get out of somewhere that i can't find the exit to, or me pursuing someone/something else that i can't seem to catch.
    reno dakota there's not an iota of kindness in you
    you know you enthrall me and yet you don't call me it's making me blue
    (pantone 292)