New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Coplantor's Completly Creative Cautious and Contemplative Random Banter #109

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    I find it amazing that parents generally find a way to get more irritating as you get older.
    I hope that isn't the continueing case with my parents.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Coplantor's Completly Creative Cautious and Contemplative Random Banter #109

Nha, twobit is probably overstating things a bit. Parent simply generate a specific amount of irritation. This may vary by time of year and similar factors but it is generally quite steady. As you get older you will start to get away from them for longer times. However irritation can not be disposed of without your presence, thus there will be a large amount of surplus irritation when you do see them. Thus prolonging the time you will take to visit them again, creating a never-ending spiral.
    Your Personal Undead

Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

by dr. bathand, Kpenguin and Fay Graydon

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    -C. S. Lewis

3. - Top - End - #213
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well, they do have to find new ways to irritate. I mean, at 25 "clean your room" really doesn't carry the same level of irritation that it does at 12.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Well, they do have to find new ways to irritate. I mean, at 25 "clean your room" really doesn't carry the same level of irritation that it does at 12.
    It gets better when you do not financially rely on them anymore, so you can basically do the polite equivalent of "Mom, Dad, go **** ********."

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

My relationship with my parents improved dramatically when I moved 900+ miles away and only talked to them three or four times a year for four years. I highly recommend this tactic.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    My relationship with my parents improved dramatically when I moved 900+ miles away and only talked to them three or four times a year for four years. I highly recommend this tactic.
    Mine got better and they are only about 30 miles away.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

My mother is about six feet away from me.

I actually get along really well with my parents. And I'm one of those people who really, really, really likes kids...maybe it comes from having all the way-younger siblings and cousins. I dunno.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

ATTACK OF OPPORTUNITY!

Hmm, so they don't use you as a jungle gym and steal your glasses? Because that's totally how they treated me. ...and now they're running the gamut between 5 and 14... Wow. I feel weird now. Not quite old, but... whoa.

V: Constant exposure can definitely dull one's desires. Which is why, though I love my cousins, I am glad I don't seem them as often as I could with living in the same town.

Reproduction is a tangled web of weaving.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2008-12-24 at 03:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

9. - Top - End - #219

I think growing up around little children all the time is what tempered me against having children of my own...

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Yay! Just found out that I get to leave work at 3:00 today!!!!

As opposed to 4:30...

that's in... twenty minutes!

11. - Top - End - #221

NecromancerGuy

Woohoo! Now just avoid the traffic that's going to be gunning for you.

And remember to light the candles for tonight.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #222

Traffic's usually not that bad around 3. The closer you get to 4 or 5, though...that's when you get to "Damn I wish I had a grenade launcher" traffic.

13. - Top - End - #223

I'd quite like to have children some day. I will be a... strange parent.
    And I'm sure, if my parents ever were to pester me about the having of children, it would be a joke on their part.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

14. - Top - End - #224

NecromancerGuy

I'm glad I'm the youngest son, so even if I did have kids I wouldn't be carrying on the family line proper-like, so the pressure's off on me. Though that might change after my parents get over their shock at finding out that my oldest bro is a furry and the other one is an engineer.

I really don't want the hopes and dreams for a new generation pinned to me. For one thing, performance anxiety is bad enough as it is...
    Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I'm about to leave work, and won't be back until the 30th. I hope everyone has a great and safe holiday week!

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Best go negotiate with the family about when they want waking up.
    Christmas Day I become a living alarm clock for them.

...doesn't help that my room ticks incredibly at night.

I'm also thinking of stealing our odd blue Christmas lights for use in my room. They'd give a groovy glow.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

17. - Top - End - #227

NecromancerGuy

That sounds like a plan, do it, monsignor.

Au Revoir Monsieur Tooby! Make the Madam ...M-something.
    Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I'm going to go ahead and join the mismatched, off-key choruses of, "Happy Holdiays!"

It's not even close to the 25'th here, but eh. We're international, might as well be now as ever.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229

Blasphemy! Everyone should go by British time! And it's still only 10:18pm, so, no Christmas yet.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Mmm, new computer. I must call upon all my powers to summon Jibbers to boogie.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

21. - Top - End - #231

NecromancerGuy

And now we get ready for a Christmas Dinner that we didn't know about until 20 minutes ago...

and my 2 key is starting to give me troubles.

Anyone else about on the night before christmas, somehow able to get on despite the prepping and schlepping going on around us?
    Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #232
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Anyone else about on the night before christmas, somehow able to get on despite the prepping and schlepping going on around us?
    Ayup! Even though dinner is going to be soon, I'm not really involved in the preparation so I get a chunk o' free time. I just can't believe tomorrow is Thursday, I wonder where the rest of my week went.

"Mathematics is a dangerous profession; an appreciable proportion of us goes mad." - John Littlewood

23. - Top - End - #233

I'm hanging around for at least a bit longer. Got to stay up until after midnight, and say merry christmas, a bit. After that I go to bed, unless something catches my interest.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Don't celebrate Christmas ? Just don't go all out. spread goodwill towards your fellow ape-creature, puny human.
    Last edited by Phase; 2008-12-24 at 08:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jeez guys, Christmas is pretty much over already.

I like my parents. I mean, they're good people, and they're usually reasonable with their parenting. There are just some things I can't make them see as reasonable. Like staying up and talking to weird people on the internet whom I've never met.
    formerly known as xNadia
    apologies for the confusion and inconvenience

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

^yeah thats the smae way I feel about mine.
    Thank you Lostone for the avatar!

"I was driven Insane by long periods of horrible saninty"
    -Edgar Alan Poe(yay, the poe guy!)

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

I was birthed by a mighty collision, over the eons I congealed into a spherical form. I burned with a fire that didn't die.

I like my parents, though. They're awesome.

28. - Top - End - #238

Quote Originally Posted by xNadia View Post
    Jeez guys, Christmas is pretty much over already.

I like my parents. I mean, they're good people, and they're usually reasonable with their parenting. There are just some things I can't make them see as reasonable. Like staying up and talking to weird people on the internet whom I've never met.
    Yet, you're still here. And Christmas hasn't even started here.

Merry Christmas.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Yeah, over here, it's not even dinner, Christmas Eve.

I gotta say, I like the holiday. Winter's a bit like one long sea of grey and cold, and Christmas is like this one party that gives you the energy to get through it.

And the generous amount of days off helps, too.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Just opened pretty much all of my presents from my wife/in-laws. Tomorrow my side of the family is coming over to my home for Christmas.

So I get one night of playing The Orange Box on my Xbox before having my family over and then leaving for Indiana to stay with Ash's grandmother for four days.

But, a friend is letting me borrow his DS in exchange for borrowing my copy of Fallout 3.

Damn, I'm good.