New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Post apocalyptic Eberron group 2

Kalaros

"And because we are all fair... whatevers... around here. I'm all about choices. And consequences. So I'll amend the list: you give us your stuff and we forgive you for your transgression, we sacrifice one of your members, or you all die and then we go about the first two options anyway."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arishkagel

Ari has been following in silence for some time now. Without any reason to speak, he has simply been plotting a way to ensure maximum income from this little venture... Like steadily reducing the number of ways the funds will be split. Upon this... Intrusion by the halflings, ari merely steps aside into the nearest alcove, waiting until none are looking before he shimmers and vanishes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ari waits until no-one is looking, uses Invisibility, and assumes his natural form, causing all his magic items to form.

(1d20+6)[1](7) - Init
    (1d20+14)[17](31) - Spot
    (1d20+3)[11](14) - Listen

3. - Top - End - #33

***** you, you're just trying to look tough, KILL HIM!-shouts the halflings wich seems the leader, raising his dagger forward.

With these words, the upper group advances, and Mal sudenly appears on their path. He breathes forth a cone of acid wich hits three of the halflings head on, and they fall screaming in the ground as their skin and flesh start to melt away. The screams are however shortlived and soon the three hit halflings are heavily wounded on the floor, breathing with clear dificulty as the acid keeps burning their flesh.

The other halflings stop on their tracks, looking both at their fallen companions and Mal wich appeared out of thin air.

Oh s****! What the hell was that?
    Where did that kobold come from?
    I dunno, but he just spit acid! I'm not going to mess with THAT!
    S**** this, I'm out of here!
    SCRAMBLE!

The halflings moral has clearly crumbled, and they start to try to run away.

(Halflings have spent their actions, your turn to act. If next turn turn there are still halflings around able to act, I'll roll iniative for them.)

Situation:
    Spoiler
    Show

Brown dots are the halflings, with the ones in green being the downed ones. The grey block are buildings roughly 40 feets tall. the brown squares are the opened doors from wich the halflings came.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2009-01-12 at 04:23 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalaros

"You've initiated aggression, halflings, I am no longer responsible for what happens. Must I always mix business with pleasure?" He steps away from his body and tosses a squirming ball of inky bleakness over his shoulder. Kalaros, a dark-as-night ghost, now stares down the halflings that Mal had taken down.

(Casting Evard's Black Tentacles at Z-13 with a 20-foot spread, though Z and Y are switched, but I'm going by what the map says. Kalaros is in the center of the group, I suppose.)

(Grapple Check: +16, as a Large creature against all the lower halflings)
    Last edited by Maerok; 2009-01-12 at 06:16 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35

(Wich reminds me, besides Mal, you start at a place of your choice in the light blue zone.)
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2009-01-12 at 07:05 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

(Kalaros at S-14)

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

put kalen at K 12 - close enough that he would have been leading, but then back from where I said he stepped back :)
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

8. - Top - End - #38

The inky ball splashes on the ground, and the splatters grow at an astouning speed, rising from the ground, multiplying and geting ticker

Oh no this no please...
    -are the last words of one of the halflings as the magic tentacles fall over them without any kind of mercy. You only see the black rubbery apendices quickly infiltrate under the clothes of the wannabe bandits, but their screams of pain and crying eyes give you a glimpse of what's hapening to the little fellows while the tentacles slowly start crushing them to death both from outside and inside.

The remaining three halflings meet a much swifter and mercifull end as Kalen lets loose three arrows with deadly precision. Altough they're enchanted with sleep magic, the halflings aren't affected by it, since the arrows hit them in their vital spots, causing instant death.

All halflings are dead or dying. A sudden silence falls over the battlefield, but you get the feeling this was just too easy...

Spoiler
    Show

(wait for remaining party member's actions)

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arishkagel

The dark little creature examines the battlefield, looking at the dying halflings and flying over, carefully stabbing the nearest one to him that is still quivering with his tail, causing him to appear. Any who look see a leathery, black creature only around two feet long appear and descend onto the small humanoid, walking along it before raising its tail and piercing the creature's neck, holding it there until the twitching stops. It's like watching a scorpion crawl along a weakened man, waiting for a twitch, before impaling him with its tail. The imp twists the point of its tail, destroying the creature's jugular until its tail begins to glow, swallowing the creature's soul into its tail. The little creature smiles, enjoying the sight as his tail is coated in blood...

Spoiler
    Show
    Ari finds one of the dying halflings and stabs it with his tail. Since it's immobile, I doubt he has to make an attack roll but I will if you like. He gets sneak attack since he was invisible, making it 5d6+2 damage and poison, though I doubt the halfling will live long enough. Plus there's the Thinuan...

(1d20+17)[15](32) - In case an attack roll is needed.
    (5d6+2)[4][2][5][3][3](19) - Damage. The DC for the poison is 18, initial damage 1d4 Dex
    Last edited by Axelgear; 2009-01-13 at 09:55 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40

Sudenly, you hear a powerfull voice above you:

Finally....Worthy targets for my bows! Feel my sting ghost!

And then out of thin air appears a demon above the left roof. Roughly the size of an human, but with a very atletic and muscled green body. Wearing a chain shirt and little else, it possesses four arms, and wields two oversized longbow made of bone . Before you can react, it unleashes an hail of glowing green arrows at Kalaros, wich tear apart his essence despite his etherealness.

Damage:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kalaros takes 28 damage, DR already taken in acount for. And yes, this demon can see invisible creatures.

Situation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2009-01-14 at 08:09 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41

Demon iniative:(1d20+8)[26]

12. - Top - End - #42

The demon reloads it's bows with inhuman speed, and it releases a new hail of arrows, altough this time only one manages to actually hurt Kalaros, the others harmlessly passing trough him. Seeing how the ghost still stands, however, the demon calls:

Vrik! Blind the others!

Whatever you say boss!

With these words, a tiny demon appears floating over the archer demon's shoulder. Looking like a miniature purple gargoyle, it cackles maniacally as it raises his hands in the air, in wich form a glowing red orb of thousands of sparks. The tiny demon tosses down the orb, wich falls on the ground with a bang releasing the sparks in all directions in a blinding flash!

Damage:
    Spoiler
    Show
    More 14 damage to Kalaros.

Everybody but Kalaros is hit by a glitterdust spell, DC 19 will save or be blinded for 6 rounds.

If anyone wonders why you hadn't see them, they were invisible and you couldn't beat their move silently checks.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2009-01-14 at 08:29 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Mal
    HP: 97/97, Regeneration 5. AC: 31 T: 20 FF: 27 (Adjusted for being small) Darkvision 60, Low Light, Water Breathing

With a low hiss building in his currently reptilian throat the kobold glares up at the demon. He draws in his breath despite not needing to do so and launches forth a blast of arctic winds that surge past the new foes in a gale that leaves icicles and flurries in its wake.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: Aura changed to Swiftness. All allies w/in 30ft and self gain +10 to swim/land/fly speed.
    Move: If needed move upwards.
    Standard: Cone Of Cold Spell-Like Ability, DC 20. SR: (1d20+9)[14] Damage: (9d6)[27]
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

14. - Top - End - #44

RogueGuy

Kalen

On his action -

Kalen stares at his glowing form and starts laughing. "Lookit," he says, "I'm all glowy!"

With that he launches himself into the air (I'm a bit confused on the imps location). He is going to cast an area dispel magic with himself, the imp and the demon in the area (20 foot radius burst and medium distance) He will stay as far away from them as possible while doing it.

ooc - would you like me to roll once and apply that against all the spells or roll against each one?
    Annoying Gamer says - Hollywood is sooooooooo unoriginal. Hey, check out my dual wielding drow Drazzit!

Annoying Gamer says - My level 1 character's background is pretty complex. After fighting in the three great wars, he was forced to return home and kill an elder dragon single handily.

15. - Top - End - #45

Spoiler
    Show
    (It's not an imp. And it's the same square as the other demon. Roll once for each effect. The demon has a single magic effect right now on him, caster level 6. But the bows are also magic, caster level 5.

Last edited by Oslecamo; 2009-01-14 at 01:26 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

What...?-says the demon, losing the air of confidence on his face.

Spoiler
    Show
    Demon lost buff, Kalen no longer glitterdusted, and I remember now that you can't dispell magic items with an area dispel
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2009-01-14 at 02:44 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

RogueGuy

Spoiler
    Show

HA, i was writing that and going "wow in my table top game we dont get to dispel items, we must have been doing it wrong"

Kalen giggles as the magic removes the glittering dust from his invisible form.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalaros

"Oomph. That really hurt... You could put an eye out with that..."

(12/54 HP)

(Who is up? And how many of the halflings are dying at the moment?)

19. - Top - End - #49

(The demon and quasit are up. All the halflings are dying, either by tentacles or acid breath)

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arishkagel

Hit in the eyes with the glitterdust, an angered Arishkagel growls and swiftly yells a proclamation of "By all things vile, I command you to undo what you've done! Remove this accursed dust so that we may further the bloodshed!", he outstretches his hand, then begins to fade from sight... He wants to fight that little beast, his tail swaying with agitation...

Spoiler
    Show
    Using a Suggestion commanding the Quasit to undo the damage it did. In other words, to dispel the Glitterdust effect, adding some language to ensure its compliance. No demon can resist blood, after all. It's too bad that my roll for Ari wasn't one higher, because it'd have been awesome to have had him and the Quasit duke it out, mano a mano.

Ari then uses invisibility. The glitterdust spell makes you visible if you're invisible already but now he's becoming invisible with the dust so... Yeah.

Save DC 17 for the suggestion.
    Last edited by Axelgear; 2009-01-14 at 10:14 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

The quasit falls under Arishkagel's magic and shouts back:

You really think I can't take you on whitout tricks? I'll make you see again just so I can tear apart your eyes for good!

Spoiler
    Show
    Must wait for Kalaros actions for the demons turn again

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalaros

"Now halflings... Time for the sacrificing and screaming black voids. You would have been better off swallowing your daggers."

He raises his bloody, ghostly hands into the air and the darkness around him. Kalaros's body seems to unleash hellish strands of darkness toward the nearby halflings.

Casting Consumptive Field (Spell level 4; LM pg. 63)
    Spoiler
    Show

All dying creatures in a 30 foot sphere around him die make DC 27 Will save or die; for every death (and ones on his additional turns) he gains +1d8 temp hp, +2 Str, and +1 caster level up to +4.

Each creature can only be affected once.

So, potentially +(6d8)[8][3][8][8][6][3](36) temp HP, a Strength bonus that doesn't matter, and +1 CL per halfling (up to 4). For 8 rounds.

23. - Top - End - #53

The strands cover the hafling's bodies, and they all let out a last scream before their life force being absorbed by Kalaros.

The archer demon, seeing Arishkagel manipulate his underling, points both his bows at the little devil, and says:

Silence! I'll show you your place miserable imp! Here, I keep those just for your ilk!

With these words, he sudenly pulls out four shining arrows. Alchemical silver arrows. With fluid motions he loads the arrows and shoots them at Arishkagel. the blinded glowing imp is an easy target for the demon and three arrows pierce his body, but they aren't enough to finish him up. The archer demon roars in fury as he sees that Arishkagel is still standing.

Impossible! You're just an imp, you were suposed to be dead by now with these shots! Why don't you just die? RAARGHHH!!!

As the big demon rages, the quasit finishes the encantation of his dispelling magic, and Arishkagel finally stops glowing. The quasit taunts him:

Now we can fight fair...Wait a minute, THIS ISN'T FAIR AT ALL! Stop puting mind tricks on me you...you...You devil!

Spoiler
    Show
    Arishkagel takes 37 damage, but isn't no longer glowing or blinded. However, you're still visible, since you spent last turn casting sugestion, so you couldn't recast invisibility back there.

And yes, both demons made their save against the cone of cold.

Your turn again.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2009-01-15 at 07:28 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54

RogueGuy

Kalen

ooc - kalen's invisibility should have kicked back in.

Kalen decides that the larger demon should be dealt with first. He turns to the demon and fires off a hail of arrows.

Spoiler
    Show

attack 1
    (1d20+17)[20]
    damage
    (1d6+2)[7] + (4d6)[13] if sneak attack applies

attack 2
    (1d20+17)[27]
    damage
    (1d6+2)[5] + (4d6)[17] if sneak attack applies

attack 3
    (1d20+12)[19]
    damage
    (1d6+2)[5] + (4d6)[18] if sneak attack applies

all sleep arrows dc 16

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Mal
    HP: 97/97, Regeneration 5. AC: 29 T: 18 FF: 25 (Back to Normal) Darkvision 60, Low Light, Water Breathing

As the kobold continues to rise his form shifts and expands until the towering crimson skin of a fire giant bulges under the golden spray. A gleaming blade is pulled from the sheathe at his side, held out at an angle that makes it seem as though he is ready to cut down either of them if they run.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift Action: None.
    Standard Action: Change Shape from Kobold to Fire Giant
    Move: Fly speed 50ft, taking out his Longsword as he moves. He will position himself as close to each of the foes as he can.

Edit: He will prefer to be nearer to the arrow demon so as to bring the arrow demon into his reach with the quasit not being a priority.

Large and In Charge feat reactivates. Anyone that provokes an AoO in his threatened area (10ft reach) due to movement takes damage as normal but are also forced to make an opposed strength check. I receive +4 for each size category larger than them (Mal is Large) and +1 per five points of damage dealt with the AoO. If they fail they are pushed back into their square and cannot continue movement that round.

Mal has Combat Reflexes.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2009-01-18 at 02:19 AM.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalaros:

(When it gets to be his turn)
    Spoiler
    Show

(18 HP via fast healing, 36 temp HP)

"Oh a giant? Nice. And demons and devils. I'll have to tell my familiar about it. The little scamp."

He turns to the demon and gives him the middle finger, which crackles with a bolt of entropic power.

(Casting Enervation; Ray attack roll: (1d20+10)[28] CL 12; (1d4)[2] levels; Caster level check of (1d20+12)[30])

27. - Top - End - #57

Kalen's arrows pierce deeply the demon's vulnerable points, wounding him heavily.

Then Mal transforms into a fire giant and positions himself right in front of him.

And finnally Kalaros shoots a ray of necromantic energy wich further weakens the demonic archer.

Bending on his knees, the demon coughs up green blood and seems to be on the last os his strenghts.

I...I shall have vengeance for this! Krizt, we must retreat for now!

Sounds like a great idea boss!
    -answers the quasit, looking frightened at the now fire giant Mal, and then landing on his boss's shoulder.

And then, the air behind them seems to split open, revealing a fiery portal, trough wich the demon quickly jumps. The portal closes imediatily after the demon passing, stoping any atempt at pursuit.

Spoiler
    Show

Well Axelgear seems to have disapeared so his turn was skipped. I know perfectly fine how a PbP campaign can die if it slows down too much.

The demons escaped with a spell like ability. He had enough ransk to autosuceed in the concentration check, even with enervation

You're still considered to win the battle. 1200 exp for everybody. You just don't get to loot the demons.

There's still a dozen halfling corpses to loot tough.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2009-01-18 at 08:11 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58

RogueGuy

Kalen

Kalen laughs mockingly as the portal closes, hoping the demon can hear.

He flies towards the bodies and calls out "Even split of these chumps gear sound fair to all of you?"

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalaros

"Sounds decent enough. If we're heading through the slave district, then I could pawn off some animated corpses. Hmm. I doubt that I could make any use of their gear."

30. - Top - End - #60

RogueGuy

Kalen

Kalen begins picking through their gear with detect magic on.