New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: TwoBitWriter's Tubular Tracts of Thought-Talking Random Banter #111

I can't pretend to be this big, modest and humble guy.

I think looks are important, but I temper that with the fact that I don't completely blow someone off because they may not be as attractive as someone else.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

You can totally meet people without seeing them! Haven't you seen any cheesy romance movie where the fated couple smack into each other because they weren't looking where they were walking?
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Not to rain on your parade, but things like that don't happen in real life (I am so glad I did not say RL then, it shows my nerdiness doesn't completely overpower my brain, I can still be saved!)
    Anyway, you meet people in real life by establishing a bond of friendship first, that way, even if it doesn't work out, you can still be friends.
    The next thing to do is physically ask them out, to the movies or something.
    The next step is to repeat the second step until you get to a point where the relationship is strong enough to be called the classic "Boyfriend, Girlfriend" thing.
    Weird, I can give advice, but not use it to help myself.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    You can totally meet people without seeing them! Haven't you seen any cheesy romance movie where the fated couple smack into each other because they weren't looking where they were walking?
    I prefer they're walking dogs and the leashes get all tangled up forcing them to be uncomfortable close while they get untangled...

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Ahh, gotta love the "meet-cute"

6. - Top - End - #66

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    And now for that ever - popular Britlander topic, the weather: it was -3*C this morning, warming up to a lovely balmy 0*C by midday and tomorrow promises to be around -5*C, heating up to a marvelous -2*C.
    I am so cold I'm wearing three layers, plus a dressing gown; plus two pairs of socks, plus gloves.
    And my hands are still little blocks of ice.
    Ahahahahahaha!!!

Oh, that's good.

Oh wait, you weren't kidding?

Oh.

Um...

Yeah, this lunch I took a walk around the neighborhood, wearing no coat, nothing but a single layer on, my clothes. It was at least as cold as it is where you are. I regularly do this when it's colder.

It's like the commercial's say.

I. AM. CANADIAN.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Yup, but as I said earlier, it rarely works in real life. At least it doesn't work in England, the people say "Watch where you are F*****g going you T**t" and then they either hit you or walk away in a huff. I've seen this happen.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

8. - Top - End - #68

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Yup, but as I said earlier, it rarely works in real life. At least it doesn't work in England, the people say "Watch where you are F*****g going you T**t" and then they either hit you or walk away in a huff. I've seen this happen.
    ...don't forget the dogbites. There's always dogbites.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually, British dogs tend to be rather friendly.... most of the time.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Not to rain on your parade, but things like that don't happen in real life (I am so glad I did not say RL then, it shows my nerdiness doesn't completely overpower my brain, I can still be saved!)
    Anyway, you meet people in real life by establishing a bond of friendship first, that way, even if it doesn't work out, you can still be friends.
    The next step is to repeat the second step until you get to a point where the relationship is strong enough to be called the classic "Boyfriend, Girlfriend" thing.
    I met my boyfriend because he was at a gig and standing next to me, we had a vague conversation, I was a bit lonely and so I basically jumped him.

We went out shopping for shoes for him once (different cities, he needed an excuse to come to mine xD), we got some coffee once, and then I went to stay with him for a weekend.

It was a bit awkward at first because of the speed, but I can honestly say that in my 16 years of life I have never met anyone more perfect for me in every way. I'm not gunan sit here and say, WE R GNA GET BABBIES AND MARRIED AND A KAT but he's a keeper, for sure.

And yes, I barely knew him. There was no initial bond of friendship, more a sort of mutual depression at life and a loneliness. But it worked for us. And I feel much better
    Nobody helped me in any way, shape or form with this avatar, I found it in a child's shoe.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

I know. Just because cheesy romances are my not-so-secret guilty pleasure doesn't mean I believe they're real. I think that may be why we like them so much. To vicariously live out fantasies that will never happen?

12. - Top - End - #72

Asked my wife for a sheet of paper so I could do one of those idiotic icebreakers the first day of class at uni. Together ever since...

Yeah...romantic I ain't.
    Last edited by Cristo Meyers; 2009-01-06 at 04:10 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, British dogs tend to be rather friendly.... most of the time.
    Dogs are evil, barking, yappy, growling monstrosities.
    I would Kick the dog any day of the week (This cementing my place as bodering-on-sympathetic villain/comedy relief with a "darker and edgier" side)
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aziraphale View Post
    I would Kick the dog any day of the week (This cementing my place as bodering-on-sympathetic villain/comedy relief with a "darker and edgier" side)
    You kick any dog, even a puppy, I swear, I will hunt you down and kill you with the world's largest sharpened spoon.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

You kick any dog, even a puppy, I swear, I will hunt you down and kill you with the world's largest sharpened spoon.
    Dogs are there to be kicked. Sometimes, shot.
    Also, you'd have to find me. And then defeat Poison. And then defeat me. And then defeat both of us in some sort of tag-team bossfight.

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Man, that would be awesome. You'd be able to shoot rockets that shoot lasers out of your eyes and have hair made of tanks. Sadly there would also have to be a weak spot. For massive damage. But that's life.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm. The solution is to kidnap you for kinky makouts and save the puppies.

...I mean...umm......

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    Man, that would be awesome. You'd be able to shoot rockets that shoot lasers out of your eyes and have hair made of tanks. Sadly there would also have to be a weak spot. For massive damage. But that's life.
    I would probably just throw books. Lots and loks of books.
    I have control...over the elemental forces of Book!
    *Boss cackling*

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

Dogs are there to be kicked. Sometimes, shot.
    Also, you'd have to find me. And then defeat Poison. And then defeat me. And then defeat both of us in some sort of tag-team bossfight.
    *restrains self*
    *restrains self*
    *rest-

PREPARE FOR TROUBLE.
    Nobody helped me in any way, shape or form with this avatar, I found it in a child's shoe.

20. - Top - End - #80

Best Friend (her moniker here) was someone I met and befriended at the Baden Powell Challenge Completion Weekend over her admiring my drawing what I did on my nametag.
    Best friends within three minutes.

And one of my best friends here I made by asking him to do my first avvie (first of fifty plus) and we've met twice now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

21. - Top - End - #81

Quote Originally Posted by CutePoison View Post
    *restrains self*
    *restrains self*
    *rest-

PREPARE FOR TROUBLE.
    There's blood trickling down the side of my mouth as I'm biting my tongue to not continue this...

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CutePoison View Post
    *restrains self*
    *restrains self*
    *rest-

PREPARE FOR TROUBLE.
    MAKE IT DOUBLE.

*Launches into Team Rocket song*

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.

23. - Top - End - #83

MAKE IT DOUBLE.

*Launches into Team Rocket song*
    I see my services are no longer needed...

'bout time for me to go anyway.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Do you want the new song or the old one?
    The old one seems better, maybe its nostalgia.
    And by the way Aziraphale, I would beat you by somehow distracting Cute Poison, then I would rip your arms off and beat you with them.
    Yes, I may be a nice guy, but I can be a real nasty son of a b****
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

I concur. I still suffer from mild phobia of canines, all because of a puppet rendition of Peter and the Wolf I was made to watch in Year 1 of Primary School.

When I learnt that my uncle/aunt/cousins had acquired a dog last year, I was not best pleased, given we do visit them on a semi-regular basis.

However, it did mean I got to see The Dark Knight, finally. Didn't actually impress me much, but that may have been due to the incessant conversation that was occurring in the same room that blocked out most of the dialogue.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

*stares at Poison and Az*

...I love you. *huggles*

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    I concur. I still suffer from mild phobia of canines, all because of a puppet rendition of Peter and the Wolf I was made to watch in Year 1 of Primary School.

When I learnt that my uncle/aunt/cousins had acquired a dog last year, I was not best pleased, given we do visit them on a semi-regular basis.

However, it did mean I got to see The Dark Knight, finally. Didn't actually impress me much, but that may have been due to the incessant conversation that was occurring in the same room that blocked out most of the dialogue.
    Man, that sucks. I just plain dislike dogs. My aunt and uncle (the less crazy ones) have this tiny dog about as old as I am. It's dying atm, and they just won't have the poor thing put down. It's kinda cruel, really.

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

Man, that sucks. I just plain dislike dogs. My aunt and uncle (the less crazy ones) have this tiny dog about as old as I am. It's dying atm, and they just won't have the poor thing put down. It's kinda cruel, really.
    =\

*huggles*

Animals...I like them. They don't lie like people do.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

Do you want the new song or the old one?
    The old one seems better, maybe its nostalgia.
    And by the way Aziraphale, I would beat you by somehow distracting Cute Poison, then I would rip your arms off and beat you with them.
    Yes, I may be a nice guy, but I can be a real nasty son of a b****
    You do realise as soon as I worked out what was going on, you would be detesticulated with your own face.

And why not rip *my* arms off?

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post

A dog ate my frisbee. I can never love again.

@Fred: or is that just a facade for your soft, fluffy inner core, that surrounds the hard metal heart of a soulless bastard which encloses a light nutty mousse centre?

I'm pretty sure that's it.