New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dame Morbid's Tourney, Team 2

Spoiler
    Show
    Djelekh will delay, since my brain is fried but I don't want to slow down the game. Sorry!

Also, stinkomandx: thank you very much for making those changes. It's much easier to follow now.
    Diamond Mind avatar provided by Abardam.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"He's almost down! Take out that infernal fool!"

He shifts to the side, slipping into E-15 next to Malaphakt.

"Wizard, I can't have you dying on me. Not yet."

(Inspiring Word. Djelekh can spend a healing surge and regain (1d6+4)[9] extra HP as well.)

He begins to distract the Infernal Gnoll with his Greatspear... then shouts "Candle Jack! Hit him now!"

(Commander's Strike: Candle Jack can make an Eldritch Blast attack against the Infernal Gnoll, with a +4 to the damage roll.)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gryllik shouldn't have bothered with the armor and shield

4/50 AC23 Fort17 Ref17 Will16
    Bloodied
    Ongoing 5 Fire Dmg

After gettting hit by half of the opposing side and a flying molten rock, the paladin takes a deep breath and focuses on not passing out.

The deep intake of air reeks of sulfur and burns the inside of the gnoll's throat and nose.

Spoiler
    Show

Infernal Gnoll takes 5 Radiant dmg when it attacks Alarius for being marked by me.

My turn begins after Mal and Candle's attack given by Alarius, should the Infernal Gnoll still be standing when my turn comes, I drop due to the heat and will be at -2 hp rather than 4.

If the Infernal is dead when my turn begins, than I shall use 2nd wind & Lay on Hands upon myself: 30/50 AC26 Fort19 Ref19 Will18 should that happen.

Also, I'll use Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle on Mal should he fail his save for mobility. which allows another saving throw with a +2 to it.

My save for ongoing Fire Dmg: (1d20)[17]
    Last edited by Boddan; 2009-01-13 at 10:56 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34

Djelekh, possibly unlike the gnoll standing in front of him, is not lying on the ground semiconscious from his burns. He's beginning to singe a bit, though. Focusing on the battle in front of him, he jabs his wand at the most dangerous combatant--the infernal gnoll. A small cloud of jagged metal coalesces around the demon.

Cloud of Daggers - (1d20+8)[27]
    Damage - (1d6+6)[10]
    Saving throw for the fire damage - (1d20)[14]

And the gnoll will take another 6 damage as his turn begins, if he's in the same space then.

Oh, and I'll run six squares up to try and get closer to the aura's edge.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Cough cough...Candle Jack and Malaphakt...)
    Last edited by stinkomandx; 2009-01-15 at 12:21 AM.
    Nothin' brewin.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Candle Jack, giggle-fit.
    31/37; AC 19, Fort 13, Ref 18, Will 19 (Concealment); Surges 6/6

The small gnome's giggles turn into maniacal laughter as his first blast turns into a volley. Under the command of the warlord, he hurls an Eldritch Blast at the Infernal Gnoll.

Then he twitches his nose, glancing towards the gnoll, and a dark Curse is placed on it.

Another wave over his candle, and Jack launches an Eldritch Blast at the best available target. He throws it from a fading jump back, moving slightly farther away from the fiery aura.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just out of curiosity, the Lava Scorpion has taken near 65 damage thus far (36 from me and 29 from Djelekh). Is he not yet bloodied or otherwise hurting?

Warlord's At-will:
    Attack: (1d20+8)[25] vs Ref
    Hit: (1d10+12)[20]

Minor Action: Curse the Infernal Gnoll if he is still standing (otherwise Northernmost Fiery Bat).

Standard Action: Eldritch Blast on Infernal Gnoll (or Lava Scorpion if Gnoll is down).
    Attack: (1d20+8)[9] vs Ref
    Hit: (1d10+8)[13] + (1d6)[2]

Move Action: Move back to D8, and gain Concealment.

Extra Action: If the Infernal Gnoll falls post-curse or the Scorpion does, then he will activate Fey Pact to teleport to E10 with a twinkle.

Other extra action: If the first firebat attacks and hit him, then Candle Jack will use Fade Away to become invisible
    Last edited by Rumplestiltskin; 2009-01-17 at 05:20 AM.
    Rumplestiltskin Lives!

"Candle Jack. Candle Jack. One more time, and ya can't take it back."
    Emerend of the Vultures, Bounty Hunter become Gladiator

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

While Gryllik struggles to maintain himself, Candle Jack's Eldritch Blast finds its mark with a hit directly to the back of the Infernal Gnoll. It stumbles forward, and Malaphakt shifts into position....

Malaphakt's Dual Strike
    Short Sword (d20+8)[24] ; Damage (1d6+3)[9]
    Flail (d20+7)[16] ; Damage (1d10+3)[11]

And provides the killing blow, impaling the gnoll with a gleeful stab. Gryllik breathes a sigh of relief and glows slightly with his god's blessing.

Meanwhile, the tiny scorpions scuttle forward and try attacks against Gryllik, Alarius, and Malaphakt. Only Alarius feels the fury of their small claws. The volcano across the arena erupts again, and molten rock is flung through the air. Gryllik deflects one projectile with his shield, but Malaphakt is less lucky.

After the Infernal Gnoll falls, Djelekh takes the opportunity to lacerate the nearest fire bat. Tiny flames leap from the cuts, and the fire bat loops around to teach him a lesson. Candle Jack's attack is less successful, missing completely. The other fire bat streaks past the gnome's candle, lighting the warlock on fire. He fades away in retaliation.

Battle report
    Spoiler
    Show

My bad. The scorpion's dead.
    The Infernal Gnoll falls in the face of Candle Jack, Malaphakt, and Gryllik's damage.
    Malaphakt takes 13 damage from the Volcano's eruption.
    I assume Djelekh's attack defaults on the Flame Bat closest to him. Let me know if I assumed wrong.
    Djelekh takes 6 fire damage, ongoing 5.

Alarius, Gryllik, and Malaphakt are up.
    Last edited by stinkomandx; 2009-01-19 at 12:05 AM.
    Nothin' brewin.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by stinkomandx View Post
    Only Alarius feels the fury of their small claws.
    How much damage?

Alarius will use Wolf Pack Tactics (yay reach weapon!) on the scorpion next to Gryllik. If he wishes to shift before the attack, he may do so.

Attack: (1d20+10)[19] vs AC
    Damage: (1d10+7)[9]

He will also quickly look over his allies, and shouts "We've almost got this one! Hang in a little while longer!" The one who looks the most injured will gain the benefit of his Inspiring Word, spending a Healing Surge and healing an extra (1d6+4)[8] HP.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Candle Jack, question master
    25/37(?); AC 19, Fort 13, Ref 18, Will 19; Surges 6/6

Candle Jack uses his invisible sanctuary to look to the fiery mountain and discern some way of stopping it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Arcana: (1d20+13)[21] to discern how to stop volcano, if possible (FREE ACTION, this isn't my turn)

Just to clarify, who was hit by the bats? You said Jack was in flavor text, but only listed damage for Djelekh. Also, if on me did you count my concealment giving them -2 to hit?

And, I forgot to mention the 1 damage from my curse. So whichever bat was closest to me last turn has taken 1 damage. Did the bats crossover at all? Or is the bat that was closest to me last turn still the closest one?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Rumplestiltskin; 2009-01-19 at 05:18 AM.
    Rumplestiltskin Lives!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gryllik will have some more gravy, please

30/50 AC24 Fort17 Ref17 Will16

After very nearly succumbing to the blistering heat of the infernal Gnoll, Gryllik is back in it following Mal's timely strike and Alarius's keen eye for the tide of battle.

The Paladin of Kord jumps back from the small scorpion as Alarius's enormous spear slices in. Gryllik quickly makes for the fiery bats to do what he does best...

Get singed sm'ore ;)

Spoiler
    Show

Whew, close run there =)

Ill shift northwards with Alarius's Wolf Pack and on my turn...

Ferocious Charge the Bat that has been hit before. If it's the farther one, than I believe I take an AoO.

Hit: (1d20+10)[27]
    Dmg: (1d8+7)[11]

and as a Minor, I'll Divine Challenge the bat I struck. If my attack slays it, than I'll mark the other.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Sorry. 5 fire damage, ongoing 5 fire to Jack. 5 Damage to Alarius.)
    Last edited by stinkomandx; 2009-01-19 at 10:26 AM.
    Nothin' brewin.

12. - Top - End - #42

HP 9/24; AC 18, Fort 14, Ref 17, Will 17.
    The most respected and important title any githyanki can hold is "gish"--member of an ancient order of arcane battle-casters, just as dangerous in the press of combat as they are flinging spells from the rear.

As the fire bat's serrated wings tear at his burns, Djelekh is once again forcibly reminded that he does not possess this title. He sprints south (to c18), trying to get as much distance as possible between the distracted bats and himself, then--with a swing of his staff and an oddly-resonant shout--blasts the two nearest flamelings with a wave of force.

Thunderwave versus nearest flameling - (1d20+8)[12]
    Thunderwave versus other flameling - (1d20+8)[9]

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Inyssius Tor; 2009-01-19 at 06:55 PM. Reason: whoops, HTML screwup

13. - Top - End - #43

Damage - (1d6+6)[8]
    Save versus ongoing fire damage - (1d20)[20]

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The wizard appears to be the most harmed... and gains the bonus of the Inspiring Word in my last post.

15. - Top - End - #45

Updates in ten or so hours, after I get some sleep. I have no reasons whatsoever for why updating this team is taking so ridiculously long--I am really, really sorry about that--but it will actually happen, like, really soon now. Today. Tonight. Tomorrow, technically speaking.
    Last edited by Inyssius Tor; 2009-02-12 at 05:50 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Okay, back in action.

Spoiler
    Show
    Finally. Sorry, people.

Everyone hit; Djelekh switched his target after Alarius went a-stabbing, and rolled better this time. The firebat Gryllik hit is awfully bloodied.

The initiative count went weird all of a sudden; as far as I can tell, Candle Jack jumped down to count 10. He and Malaphakt are up next, but they're both missing. I'll contact them; if I haven't heard back within twenty-four hours, I'll avatar their characters along with Djelekh's, and see if I can work all three of them out of the story without too much trouble (disintegration may be involved). It's looking like I may have just put you guys in Team Seven. God, I hate losing people mid-team.

Candle Jack, if you're still listening somewhere: enough Arcana checks (standard action) could dispel the evocation magic that's holding the volcano up, though you have no idea what would happen to the volcano once it's no longer being encouraged by Dame Morbid's magic. It would get easier depending on your proximity to the caldera.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

What are the small red x's?

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flying magma of pain and blistering I do believe =)

19. - Top - End - #49

Quote Originally Posted by Boddan View Post
    Flying magma of pain and blistering I do believe =)
    Ha! I wish, but you're going to have to wait until something actually happens before I can make the very rock beneath your feet rise up and try to kill you.

Try poking the volcano.

No, they're just piles of smoldering rock. I forgot to replace them with something more reminiscent of burning rubble before I uploaded the image.

20. - Top - End - #50

Candle Jack, stranger in his own mind.
    20/37; AC 19, Fort 13, Ref 18, Will 19; Surges 6/6

The answer comes to him in a flash. "Ah ha! ...ha ha hahahaha..." Skipping away from the fire bats, he ascends up the volcano; once near the fiery peak, he waggles his still-lit candle at it in a soothing sort of gesture.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Curse the nearest fire bat, dealing 1 damage to it.
    Move: to K13.
    Arcana check to soothe ze mighty caldera - (1d20+13)[33]
    Saving throw for the fire damage - er, 10. Whoops.
    Last edited by Inyssius Tor; 2009-02-16 at 03:21 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51

Djelekh is feeling much better, really. Inspired, even. Aware of his surroundings. Not on fire.
    HP 23/24; AC 18, Fort 14, Ref 17, Will 17.

He watches the mad warlock dance up to the spire; curious, he extends his arcane senses toward the volcano to see what's happening.

Once he's looking in the right place, the answer is pretty obvious. And he's pretty sure he knows what's going to happen next. "Malaphakt, you're closest! Can you get Candle Jack out of there? Hurry--the volcano's going to blow!"

22. - Top - End - #52

Malaphakt is sorry, Djé, but he can't do that. Nevertheless...

What a waste it would be to cook such a succulent morsel as that! Following his own instincts and the Gith's advice, the iron-plated gnoll shoulders past the last puny scorpion and charges up the hill, howling in defiance. He shoulders past the delicious-looking meat nugget in much the same way, if with more salivation, and plants himself between Candle Jack and the molten caldera.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: to K12, provoking an OA from the last flameling.
    Standard: Total Defense, trying to shield his next meal Candle Jack as much as possible.

23. - Top - End - #53

The DM puts on his robe and DM hat.

The volcano shakes like a lassoed bull, but Malaphakt and Candle Jack both stand their ground. They can see something humanoid and very large struggling in the center of the caldera--trying to smash you with its fists, but somehow prevented from getting close enough. In thwarted fury, it flings a huge mass of molten rock at Malaphakt, shoving him back into Candle Jack; they both land in a heap farther down the volcano. Another molten projectile smashes into the fire bat, and it collapses... only to rise again, much larger and covered in armor of flaming rock. More lava begins to spill from the peak.

The rock scorpion nips at Alarius with its itty bitty widdle claws. They're actually very sharp.

The living fire bat swoops around, and the razor-like barbs on its wings make a lovely dingdingdingdingding sound as they brush harmlessly across Gryllik's armor. The other fire bat rises from the ground, shape reforming and twisting in the intense heat; the claws on its wings elongate and glow white-hot, leaving trails of fire in the air behind them as the frenzied creature slashes again and again at the armored gnoll.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alarius, 5 damage; Malaphakt puppet, you take 24 damage (19 with the fire resistance); Candle Jack and Malaphakt puppets, you're both prone; Djelekh puppet, you intuit that this kind of reaction will get worse before it gets better. Gryllik, one attack hits you; you take 8 damage and 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends).

Initiative order: Alarius, Gryllik, Djelekh, Jack, Malaphakt, and the DM again.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gryllik: feels the burn (sorry!)

17/50 AC23 Fort17 Ref17 Will16
    Ongoing 5 Fire dmg

Once again bloodied, Gryllik's hyena-giggles turn to slavering growls & roars. His oversized machete of a sword turns blood red as it feeds off his anger.

The Paladin lays into this new threat with reckless abandon.

Spoiler
    Show

Im assuming the one next to me is the newcomer? Is the normal bat hurt at all?

Move: Shift to D-9

Minor: Divine Challenge the FB-b next to me

Standard: Holy Strike the same target
    (1d20+9)[11] vs AC
    for (1d8+9)[12] + (1d6)[4] (includes gnoll racial and sword ability: +d6 dmg when bloodied)

Also, if this guy hits me during his turn, I'll use my Razor Shield as a reaction to deal (1d8+5)[8] + (1d6)[3] in return.

Lastly, my save for ongoing fire dmg: (1d20)[11]

25. - Top - End - #55

Quote Originally Posted by Boddan View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The one you bloodied with your Ferocious Charge is the "augmented" one, which is also the one adjacent to you; the other one has taken damage, but not much, and you can't tell more than that since they've been doing a lot of wheeling around and intersecting one another's paths.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Candle Jack, is back, his grand scheme ruined.
    20/37; AC 19, Fort 13, Ref 18, Will 19; Surges 6/6

Candle Jack continues dancing and singing and volcano stopping. He does run closer to the volcano to get a better look. Maybe he can manipulate his fire spell some way to seal the volcano?

Spoiler
    Show
    Argh, I was totally going to ruin those bats too. Well, I don't suppose it matters much, as this seems about wrapped up.

Sorry for the delay, I thought this was pretty much dead.

Move Action: Move to K10.

Standard Action: Arcana Check (1d20+13)[29] to fix cano.

Free or Minor: Arcana Check (1d20+13)[24] to see if Witchfire can be used to seal the cano or help with the challenge.
    Rumplestiltskin Lives!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Alarius is sorry he did not post sooner.

HP 32/45 Surges 7/7
    AC 20 Fort 18 Reflex 17 Will 15

He shifts to D-15, then charges to D-11 using his Encounter power Follow Me In to attack the Fire Bat at C-9, and if he hits, he grants a +2 power bonus to Malaphakt's speed until the start of Alarius's next turn.

Attack: (1d20+10)[22] vs AC
    Damage: (2d10+7)[16]

28. - Top - End - #58

Malaphakt, man-at-arms with missing mind.
    29/61 HP, AC 22 FORT 17 REF 16 WILL 12

Rolling to his feet and shoving past the lesser beasts, the armored gnoll charges across the battlefield to hack at the augmented thing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: stand up. Standard: Ferocious Charge to c10 (through g14, provoking an OA from the flameling) and hack at the bloodied firebat with my frost longsword (using its daily power, too). Attack - (1d20+9)[29]; Damage - (1d6+8)[11] cold damage, [roll=Frost weapon daily power]1d8[/roll] extra cold damage if I hit, and the target is slowed (save ends) and marked.

EDIT: Woo, critical hit! That makes, what, 22 + 1d6 cold damage?
    Last edited by Inyssius Tor; 2009-02-17 at 09:40 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Djelekh is through trying to be witty today.
    HP 23/24; AC 18, Fort 14, Ref 17, Will 17.

"Jack!", he yells, running up the volcano. "Watch out for the lava flows! Nice work so far. I'll try and slow them down--", and begins chanting arcane invocations as he climbs. Skidding to a stop behind Candle Jack, he points his wand at the volcano; another, smaller cloud of jagged ice forms over the caldera, and the molten surface begins to cool somewhat under the onslaught.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: to j12. Standard: Icy Terrain centered on the volcano - Attack vs. Reflex - (1d20+8)[25]; Cold Damage - (1d6+6)[11], and the volcano is... knocked prone?

ACTION POINT! Arcana check to shut it all down already! - (1d20+12)[29]
    Last edited by Inyssius Tor; 2009-02-17 at 10:04 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Inyssius Tor View Post
    Ferocious Charge to c10 (through g14, provoking an OA from the flameling)
    Actually, since he charged this turn while under the effect of my Warlord's Follow Me In, he does not provoke an OA.