New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Phase's Phully Phormed, Phalangeal, and Phantasmagorical Random Banter #112

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Draco View Post
    there's this thing called 'natural light'. *facepalm*
    Were you where I live today? It was foggy, dawn til dusk. Could barely see, and it was FREEZING.
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Phase's Phully Phormed, Phalangeal, and Phantasmagorical Random Banter #112

Yeah, I think it was unusual dryness due to cold weather. We have a humidifier in our house, but my dad has a tendency to turn it onto the low setting or completely off. Why? I don't know. This is the same man who turns on every light he comes across, even when, in the middle of the day, there's this thing called 'natural light'. *facepalm*
    Huh. That is pretty weird. Did your mom put in the push for the thing, then? and... Does he at least remember to turn them off when he's out of the area?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #423
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aziraphale View Post
    Were you where I live today? It was foggy, dawn til dusk. Could barely see, and it was FREEZING.
    Well, I'm currently in Madison, and even on cloudy days, it's bright outside. My dad's side of the family just has issues. It mainly involves my grandmother on that side, but I won't get into that.

Coidzor - Hell no, of course not. The worst thing is that our kitchen has four separate light components: one over the sink, one over the general kitchen area, one (two separate lights connected to the same switch) over the counter, and one over the dining table. When my dad first comes home, what does he do? TURN ON EVERY F*CKING LIGHT.
    Last edited by Neko Toast; 2009-01-14 at 05:53 PM.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I'm currently in Madison, and even on cloudy days, it's bright outside. My dad's side of the family just has issues. It mainly involves my grandmother on that side, but I won't get into that.
    Ah, craaazy family. I'm with you on that, though we've excommunicated ours, mostly. Mothers side of the family, and after some pretty OTT shenanigans at the funeral, we just dont talk to 'em.

Still, I could tell you stories.
    My mad aunt Rosemary (who looks evil. She seriously does.) bleaches all the surfaces of her kitchen regularly. She also bleaches the underside of the plates, and if an unbleached plate bottom touches a bleached surface, she has to do it all over again. Her excuse for not rushing to see her father when he was taken into hopsital was 'I can't possibly go, I've got some washing on!'. She didnt want to see her terminally ill sister on her deathbed because 'I'd rather see you when you're well.' She's nuts, but won't admit to it.

Also, major on the doom and gloom. She sent us a 17-page letter of just how crap her year had been once. I wish we'd kept it. The only real bad thing that happened was her developing breast cancer (And we all knew it, she made sure of that! In contrast, her sisters neuro-endyne liver tumour was hardly mentioned), which turned out be a minor case (I'm not sure if breast cancer can be minor, but I was like 10, so not great on the details) and she lived through it fine, the evil old witch.

Issues with family?
    Moi?
    Nah. But she's a goldmine of stories.
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unstattedCommoner View Post
    I think the saying is that people would rather die than speak in public.

This might explain the universal failure of people to speak at their own funerals except by delayed video link, which does not count.
    Actually, it's usually that most people would rather be inside the coffin than on the other side giving the eulogy.

6. - Top - End - #426

Quote Originally Posted by Aziraphale View Post
    *snipped*

Issues with family?
    Moi?
    Nah. But she's a goldmine of stories.
    Wow. That is pretty crazy.

Well, I guess I can indulge you all in my family history... on my dad's side anyway.

Spoiler
    Show
    My grandfather on that side was a really cool guy. Unfortunately, he died when I was in first grade, so I didn't know him long. Actually... Other than my grandma on my dad's side (calling her DGM, for dad grandma), I barely knew the other ones. MGP died before my parents were even married. MGM died when I was about 3. And DGP died when I was 6 or 7. So, my general opinion of old people has been warped because she's the only old person that I legitimately know.

Anyway, DGM is a very controlling, very strict, and very religious person. Despite all of this, she didn't discipline my father very well, which is why he has the problem of not turning off lights. My dad seemed to turn out alright, and never considered her to be controlling or anything. But then you have my uncle. He is the most shy person you will ever meet. It's awkward and sometimes difficult to communicate with him, he's so bad. He's still a great guy, though. He has the opposite view of my father, and considered her to be very controlling.

(mid-break-in-rant-random-thought: I need to stop blabbing about my personal life on the Internet. It is rather pathetic. Then again, I can't do it anywhere else, because shrink's are expensive.)

Another aspect of DGM that I hate is how she spends her money. Rather, how she doesn't spend it. When you think of grandparents, you typically think of old people who spoil you and spend tons of money on you. If only that was true about DGM. Her X-mas gifts consist of things you can all get at your typical dollar store. Birthdays are just a corny card and money, usually 10 or 20 bucks. Spoiled my ass. And whenever she gets the chance, she has us pay for ****. Like when she was gonna get a new chair. We were just gonna pool money with my uncle and get it as an X-mas present, but she declined the idea. Next year, before X-mas, she asks my parents and my aunt and uncle to help her buy a chair. What kind of chair does she get? A mere rocking chair that swivels, so you can spin around. The cost, 350 dollars, and this is just a minimum estimate. Did she pay a cent of it, of course not.

This isn't even the worst thing. The worst thing is her apathetic, borderline hatred for living creatures other than humans. Now, this I don't care about as much. Some people just don't like animals. It's what she did that upsets me to no end (note: she told this story as plain as day; no guilt whatsoever). One day she was raking in her backyard, when she found an unusual pile of leaves. Under the leaves were some baby rabbits. Here's what brings my blood to a boil. Did she leave them there? No. Did she call Animal Control? No. She took the bunnies and threw them in her trash can. When they were still alive. The poor things suffocated to death.

That's all I'll rant about for now.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

7. - Top - End - #427
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    Okay, my meds makes me really sleepy.
    I have work to do.

Somebody tell me why I should do this work instead of enjoying this new found nice sleep?
    I'm meant to be like that.
    I've been an insomniac pretty much since I was eight on anf off, now it's constant, but I've always been a really restless and nervous sleeper.
    So I get my sleeping pills (by all the Gods Above and Below it still sounds odd saying that) and try them.
    They don't work night one.
    They overwork night two so I wake up at midday. Monday. As in, I was unable to be woken for college kind of over - working.
    So, being overtired I went and read H. P. Lovecraft and lots of short stories listed under High Octane Nightmare Fuel: Literature.
    Result: a sleepless night so I leave the house Tuesday morning absolutely terrified of trees (thanks to The Colour Out of Space and walls (Rats in the Walls) and a bit freaked out by yellow wallpaper (thanks to The Yellow Wallpaper - not a Lovecraft) and I was pretty much an incredibly sleep deprived, very paranoid, hyperactive, crazy wreck all day.
    Last night: they worked properly. I slept well and woke up unafraid of walls (good, especially as my room is in the attic with many scuttly noises); still slightly afraid of trees, but as 'normal' as I can be.
    I was this far: "____" away from bouncing off the ceiling on Tuesday.

Things is, I don't feel sleepy like I should until I'm actually in bed an a while's gone past. They're definitely helping because on an average night I get three or four hours sleep.
    Last night I had almost six!
    I don't like medication; the crazy adjustment period was strange.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

8. - Top - End - #428
    Troll in the Playground

She took the bunnies and threw them in her trash can. When they were still alive. The poor things suffocated to death.
    What kind of trash can does she have that's air tight?

More than likely they died of starvation or dehydration. Not any better, but more right.

9. - Top - End - #429

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    So, being overtired I went and read H. P. Lovecraft and lots of short stories listed under High Octane Nightmare Fuel: Literature.
    Result: a sleepless night so I leave the house Tuesday morning absolutely terrified of trees (thanks to The Colour Out of Space and walls (Rats in the Walls) and a bit freaked out by yellow wallpaper (thanks to The Yellow Wallpaper - not a Lovecraft) and I was pretty much an incredibly sleep deprived, very paranoid, hyperactive, crazy wreck all day.
    That... Just sounds like a bad idea. Why would you read things to mess with your head when you're already trying to mess with your head in another way?

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Things is, I don't feel sleepy like I should until I'm actually in bed an a while's gone past. They're definitely helping because on an average night I get three or four hours sleep.
    Last night I had almost six!
    I don't like medication; the crazy adjustment period was strange.
    Hah. The same sort of thing happens to me. Well, actually, it's more like, I don't feel sleepy until about 5 AM if I don't force myself to disengage from the computer/company/television, and force myself to lay out.

Good that it seems to be having some effect... Adjustments are the worst though... Hope it works in your favor more and more.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-01-14 at 08:44 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm going to have to turn in early tonight guys. I'll see you all in the morning.

Good night and hunt well.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

I sleep from 2 AM to 7:30. With no real problem actually. Sometimes my mind is so hyperactive that it's difficult to stop thinking and actually start sleeping, but thank god I'm also very distracted so sometimes I just forget what I was thinking about and sleep

EDIT:@Curly: Have you read the alchemist? Not scary at all, but a nice short story.
    Last edited by Coplantor; 2009-01-14 at 08:39 PM.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

12. - Top - End - #432
    Troll in the Playground

I just wanted to state, randomly, that this made me giggle endlessly in horror/delight.

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

Hahaha, that was great.

Anyway, I've been reading the Firefly scripts at stillflying.net. They're surprisingly good.

Also: after tomorrow's exam, I've got a five day weekend! Yeah!

(For a high-schooler, that's a big deal. )

14. - Top - End - #434

Goodnight Wolfbane.

I have been unable to focus on pretty much anything today. It's really weird. Maybe I need more sleep? Or less sleep?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, recaiden, I think it was you who asked, yeah, MSN is much more popular in SA than in NA. But I dont really use it that much, although it was adictive for some perosns I know, as well as facebook. People around here get hooked up with those things pretty easy.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

16. - Top - End - #436

Thanks, it was me. My internet crashed this morning, so I wasn't around.

On sleep: I get about 7-8 hours a day, so I think I'm good.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

So now you are answering the latest topics right?

About sleeping, how much do you guys sleep on weekends?
    I WAS THERE

Spoiler
    Show

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

18. - Top - End - #438
    Troll in the Playground

I generally go to bed around midnight and wake up a little before seven. On winter break, summer, etc., I'll generally go to bed around two or three in the morning and wake up anywhere from nine in the morning to three in the afternoon.

On weekends, I'll sleep fairly late if I'm allowed, but I usually have to wake up to do something-or-other.

I'm conflicted about sleep.

On the one hand, it's a complete waste of time.

On the other hand, it's necessary, and it feels damn good.

Speaking of sleep, I think I'll go get some. Good night all.
    Last edited by Sneak; 2009-01-14 at 10:59 PM.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

Class days sleep for me is from 1:00 / 2:00 AM to 7:45 AM
    Weekends are like, whenever I feel like.
    I WAS THERE

Spoiler
    Show

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

20. - Top - End - #440
    Barbarian in the Playground

As Toonami used to say: Sleep is for the weak.
    Johann Krauss by Recaiden
    Spoiler
    Show
    morbidwombat (9:40:07 PM): I am not a sandwich, nor a mode of transport!
    blackomen341 (9:40:18 PM): Then what are you?!?!
    morbidwombat (9:40:35 PM): I...I have no idea.
    morbidwombat (9:40:45 PM): <.<
    morbidwombat (9:40:49 PM): >.>
    morbidwombat (9:40:58 PM): *Has existential dilemma*

Not-Edible itP!

21. - Top - End - #441

My sleep schedule when I can sleep as I desire is usually 3 am to 10 am. 2 to nine works as well.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Also: after tomorrow's exam, I've got a five day weekend! Yeah!
    Wait, do I have one, too?

*Looks at calendar*

Close enough! *Starts dancing*

23. - Top - End - #443

Quote Originally Posted by Coplantor View Post
    So now you are answering the latest topics right?

About sleeping, how much do you guys sleep on weekends?
    Yes. I tend to get about the same amount but less of a 11PM-7AM, and more of a 2 AM-11AM

*looks at calender* 3 day weekend! Wait, what's that? A swim meet on my day off!?

G'Night Playground
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2009-01-14 at 11:44 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #444
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Dammit, I really need to start coming here more. Who knows what kind of epic debates I've missed? Cake vs. Panda Bears? Nuclear Weapons: Awesome or Too Awesome? Gordon Freeman vs. Master Chief vs. Panda Bear? Nicaragua: Best Country Name Ever?

The mind boggles.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #445

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FlWiPig View Post
    I just wanted to state, randomly, that this made me giggle endlessly in horror/delight.
    And that is the just deserts of all brides. Mostly because I have a grudge against how much society pushes them to build up their wedding day in their minds. And because society wouldn't all fit in the pool.

Nah, haven't missed anything too much, Rutskarn. Just me making a fool of myself in front of the womenfolk. Though, I must admit. I favor Panda Bear...
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-01-15 at 12:46 AM.
    Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

Blarg. Can't fall asleep. Too sick... to care.
    Must...
    finish...
    writing...

*thud*

*wakes up and scrapes a few keys off of his face*
    Maybe I should try to sleep.

Good night and good hunting.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2009-01-15 at 01:12 AM.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

The rest of the playground goes to sleep and I wake up, typical huh?

Does anyone else have an annoying song stuck in their head they'd like to swap for mine? I'll give a golden donkey to anyone who'll take Spiderwebs by No Doubt off my hands, or ears, or brain....whatever.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

28. - Top - End - #448
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    The rest of the playground goes to sleep and I wake up, typical huh?

Does anyone else have an annoying song stuck in their head they'd like to swap for mine? I'll give a golden donkey to anyone who'll take Spiderwebs by No Doubt off my hands, or ears, or brain....whatever.
    http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=IEugtO...eature=related ?

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you kind sir, one Golden Donkey for you!

Dental Plan!

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Gordon Freeman vs. Master Chief vs. Panda Bear?
    They would win in this order:

Freeman
    Panda
    Master Chief