New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Phase's Phully Phormed, Phalangeal, and Phantasmagorical Random Banter #112

I just noticed your new addon to your sig Mr.Sneak, what is bad 80's pop? I thought that there was no such thing as bad 80's music.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Phase's Phully Phormed, Phalangeal, and Phantasmagorical Random Banter #112

There isn't. Obviously, Assassin 89 was quite (sadly) mistaken.

867-5309/Jenny is a great modern classic.

Even when sung by someone who is apparently stalking you with the singular purpose of singing it to you.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm listeing to"the living daylight" and "a view to a kill" just fnished, great bond songs, great bands too.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alleine View Post
    In other news, necromancers are more cuddly than you think.
    Very true.
    Goblin zombie necromancers, though? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_warlock View Post
    (e.g., good/bad things come in threes).
    EVERYTHING comes in threes!
    Rule of threes FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    ""Alright, we know you're in there! Come on out!" Bonzo yelled into the megaphone. They'd spent weeks running down lead after lead on this balloon-animal ring, and now they finally had 'em cornered. "We've got the place surrounded! Come on out and noone has to get pied!"

No answer. Chuckles squeeked his horn worriedly.

"I know, kid...somethin's not right."

The first pop drove the point home.

"They're poppin' all the animals. Get in there!" The sound of rapid footsteps drowned out the popping, but they were too late. Inside all they found were little pieces of balloon, it was grisly. Chuckles couldn't take it, started throwing up right there. "It's ok, kid, let it out. Seein' stuff like this never gets any easier...""
    Ahahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    I say we have "Secret Week." We'll all make a huge deal about "secret week" and how everyone has to get new avatars and prepare everything, etc., and then we won't actually change anything. And then we make a huge deal about changing back and celebrating the end of the week, and then we still don't change anything.

It'll be pretty much what we do now, but without all the hassle of actually preparing.

And it's just an added bonus if new people are really, really confused.
    That would be hilarious.
    Uncle Festy approves.
    *stamps with seal of approval*
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

I don't know, that seal doesn't look very approving....
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

6. - Top - End - #156

Hush, you. I'd swap him out, but he's too gorram cute!
    Spoiler
    Show
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Looks fairly apprehensive to me, really... Almost like he knows that we want to steal his cuteness. Even though we are living in a material world, and I am a material girl- err...

<_< >_>

*scampers off, retightening his corset*
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-01-12 at 09:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Careful not to tighten it too much, unless its around the seal's neck...
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, Coid is a material girl? Then I must be... a smooth criminal!
    I WAS THERE

Spoiler
    Show

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

I just wanna have fu-uhn.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

*sneaks back in, wearing a different wig* Now then....

How's everyone doing whatever time of the day it is. And what's your favorite 80's pop song?

I sorta have been on a Come On Eileen and Magic Dance kick lately...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

I have no favourite 80's pop sonf, I love all of them equally.
    Come on eileen rocks.

I went to see Toto in 2007, they camed to Uruguay, it was awesome! They played a faster/rockier version of hold the line. They opened the show with gypsy train and finisjhed with Africa.
    I WAS THERE

Spoiler
    Show

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

13. - Top - End - #163

So, this thread is phully phormed? As long as it's not phully phunctional
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    So, this thread is phully phormed? As long as it's not phully phunctional
    Given our current location, i don't suppose I should be surprised by a comic strip based on Exalted...yet...

~PS
    "One Penguin To Rule Them All..."

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm invisible...I'm invisible...I'm baby mice-ing invisible!" ~ Diva De

The Boot. Fear it.

Thanks to Trog for OotK icon
    Also, thanks to El J, Kubb Ambassador

15. - Top - End - #165
    Firbolg in the Playground

I kind of expected to find something like that.
    And I'm sure I have a favorite 80s song, but I don't know which songs are from the 80s.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinsushi View Post
    Given our current location, i don't suppose I should be surprised by a comic strip based on Exalted...yet...

~PS
    OK, what is this exalted thing? I only know it from motivational posters, and I remember one with a girl, hitting a tyranosaurus with a shark... and I think there were raptors riding jets...
    I WAS THERE

Spoiler
    Show

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

17. - Top - End - #167

Quote Originally Posted by Coplantor View Post
    OK, what is this exalted thing? I only know it from motivational posters, and I remember one with a girl, hitting a tyranosaurus with a shark... and I think there were raptors riding jets...
    http://www.white-wolf.com/Exalted/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exalted

It's an RPG by White Wolf. Kind of ridiculous.

And is this what you were thinking of?
    Spoiler
    Show
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

@^ That's from Calvin and Hobbes, right?

In other news (I think this should be my catchphrase )...

...I'm on my first playthrough of Cave Story, and right now I'm at the "hidden" version of the last cave. Hidden = insanely difficult. Since all my guns are at level one, I figure I'll just use the nemesis the whole time and try to avoid leveling up. So, this works out ok.

But then I die EVERY TIME when I get to that red demon boss guy who throws stuff at you. It's not that he's really a hard boss...I just have NO HEALTH by the time I get to him.

Urgh. Back to my frustrating game. D:

(At least it's still fun. Go Booster v 2.0!)

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

...I'm on my first playthrough of Cave Story, and right now I'm at the "hidden" version of the last cave. Hidden = insanely difficult. Since all my guns are at level one, I figure I'll just use the nemesis the whole time and try to avoid leveling up. So, this works out ok.

But then I die EVERY TIME when I get to that red demon boss guy who throws stuff at you. It's not that he's really a hard boss...I just have NO HEALTH by the time I get to him.

Gack! No spoilers! No spoilers! I'm in the plantation still...

20. - Top - End - #170

@^ That's from Calvin and Hobbes, right?

In other news (I think this should be my catchphrase )...

Yeah. And I would play cave story, if I had, say, 72 hours in a day. Unfortunately, Gitp, school, guitar, swimming, Mount and Blade, and Elder Scrolls eat all of my time.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry, Phase!

It's not really spoilers, though. Nothing plot-related. All you know now is that you have to fight a red demon guy. He's really just a mini-boss.

Anyway, I just killed him...and then somehow died right after.

But right now I'm just frustrated, because in a bunch of playthroughs I had full health right until right before the boss. I lost almost all of it trying to boost up in a place with spikes, but it was too high and I ended up hitting the spikes.

Then I realized that I was just hitting boost too soon, and I needed to jump as high as possible before boosting.

*facepalm*

But yeah, Cave Story is really nifty game. Apparently the same guy made, well, everything. The sounds, the music, the graphics, the gameplay, everything. I'm impressed.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

But right now I'm just frustrated, because in a bunch of playthroughs I had full health right until right before the boss. I lost almost all of it trying to boost up in a place with spikes, but it was too high and I ended up hitting the spikes.

Then I realized that I was just hitting boost too soon, and I needed to jump as high as possible before boosting.
    Do you have a Level Three Machine Gun? That would help a lot.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

All your guns get reset to level 1 at the start of the final cave (if you're on hard mode). You can get some experience for it, but it's a little tricky...I'm trying to kill things with Nemesis (gets worse as it levels up) and then switch it out for the machine gun to level it.

I just died at the very last corridor before a save point.

Ah, well. At least I know how to do everything now.

Despite the frustrating difficulty, it's still quite fun. And it might not even be that hard—I tend to be a pretty terrible gamer in most regards.

EDIT: WHOOO! I SURVIVED!

And reached a save point/bed!

Time to call it a night, then.
    Last edited by Sneak; 2009-01-13 at 12:01 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I think it is time to head in for the night. I'll see you all again in the morning.

Good night and hunt well.

25. - Top - End - #175

Man, I've been in a funk for the past week or so. Hopefully this weekend I can shake it finally. Its really weirding me out.
    Super-amazing avatar by Ceika!
    << It's a mound of rainbowflesh, do NOT forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by xNadia View Post
    See the rainbowflesh, EAT the rainbowflesh, BELIEVE THE RAINBOWFLESH!

26. - Top - End - #176

Man, I've been in a funk for the past week or so. Hopefully this weekend I can shake it finally. Its really weirding me out.
    Sing! (I'm going back to the 80s pop music discussion. Just cos I missed it earlier.)
    "We can dance if we wanna, we can leave your friends behind,
    Cos your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance, well they're...
    ...No friends of mine."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:
    dish is a cool crazy cat lady.

27. - Top - End - #177

Singing is really not an option(at least right now). I sound horrible and people are trying to sleep. PLus I'm not too familiar with 80's pop music

EDIT: Why is it that when I am finally in a mood to chat randomly, everyone else is gone?
    Last edited by Alleine; 2009-01-13 at 01:59 AM.

28. - Top - End - #178

Singing is really not an option(at least right now). I sound horrible and people are trying to sleep. PLus I'm not too familiar with 80's pop music
    Here, at least watch The Safety Dance on youtube - morris dancing, jesters, people of limited stature running through tall grass! It is the pinnacle of 80s pop.

EDIT: Why is it that when I am finally in a mood to chat randomly, everyone else is gone?
    Which time-zone are you in? It's the middle of the afternoon here in the asia-pacific....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:

29. - Top - End - #179

Quote Originally Posted by dish View Post
    Which time-zone are you in? It's the middle of the afternoon here in the asia-pacific....
    GMT - 8, there are usually plenty of people in here though...

As for the Safety Dance vid... I am speechless. That was so odd.

30. - Top - End - #180

GMT - 8, there are usually plenty of people in here though...
    The holidays are over. Everyone's back a work or study...

As for the Safety Dance vid... I am speechless. That was so odd.
    Here's another odd 80s vid: Men at Work The Land Down Under
    Spoiler
    Show