New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Dragonlance: The Age of Mortals

Our story begins, not with flame and destruction, not with the return of the gods and the loss of two of them, but, rather, six months later, in the small desert city of Pashin. With the Dark Knights of Neraka causing chaos and attempting to seize control of the city, bearing artifacts from the stolen homeland of the Silvanesti elves, it is a turbulent and dangerous place... and a place of destiny and adventure.

Amidst this chaos, an interesting sight has appeared; the Herald, famed bard and storyteller has made his way to this city only a few days north of the forests of Silvanost, making his way to Pashin's largest and most respected tavern, the Wounded Crow. In exchange for free room and board, the Herald has promised to grace the city with a tale unmatched. It would be a terrible thing to miss, wouldn't it?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Dragonlance: The Age of Mortals

"Three horns."

Takyr Es-Morgayn, loyal servant of the Empire, looks up from his bones. He slides a tile into place, reshaping the pattern, adding a new direction to the ever growing line.

Perhaps if Takyr had been of a poetic bent, he would have seen a metaphor in that - something about how the tales of a Herald build the lines of fate, and shape the world, piece by piece.

Takyr, however, is not a poet. Far from it. The notion never crosses his mind. Poems are poems, heralds are heralds, and tiles are tiles. Why confuse the three?, Takyr muses, even as the other players slide their tiles into place and the trails of dominoes grows ever longer.

Never the less, Takyr sits in the front room of the Wounded Crow for the Minstrel, marking time, enduring the stares, playing endless games of Black Dots, waiting. He knows that if he waits long enough, he'll hear what we he truly wants to hear - the voice of his cousin, Zen, calling to him across the crowded hall. Zen was an inquisitive sort - he always had to find the end of the maze. And this is the most interesting thing to happen in this sun-blasted land since I came here. He'll have to be along, soon enough. And then, at last, I can find the answer.

It's Takyr's turn again. He lays a six on the caravan driver's public path. The table erupts into curses. Takyr lowers his horns oh so slightly, flicks one bovine ear, and snorts impatiently. Just to reinforce the point, he crosses his arms over his chest, displaying muscles as large and thick as thunderheads. The table rapidly quiets into submission.(1)

Soon, my cousin. I can only play so many bones.

(1) Intimidate check, taking 10, result 15.
    Last edited by Irving; 2009-01-16 at 12:12 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Fossel

Wandering through the tavern looking over everyone inside Fossel saw the discontent over and one of the tables, and being intrigued, wandered over.
    Squeezing between people he made his way to the side of the table right as Takyr snorted. Laying his hands clearly on the table in plain sight he stopped and waited to see what happened next, slightly disappointed that everyone calmed down.

"Come on, the cow moos and you and you calm down, where's the fun in that?" he said provocatively with a grin.
    Last edited by Chineselegolas; 2009-01-16 at 05:27 AM.
    Still here, just a little busy to social post

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here. ~ Jayne Cobb

Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by: drKarling, The_Chilli_God and The_Chilli_God

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Easily missed among the crowd, Aila watched the games with a thoughtful, somewhat distant smile. She had been watching for a time from her seat at the bar, taking in all the details she could from there. In between she would sip from her glass of wine or idly straighten a few folds in her dress, but it was clear that most of her attention was on the game. She hardly even noticed the curses of the players or the barely veiled threat of the minotaur. For her, the dominoes took center stage, and who pays attention to the audience when a show is on?

Like everyone else, assuredly, she was here to witness the famed bard and the tale that had been promised. She was allowed a little rest and entertainment between her studies, were she not? Aila certainly thought so. But for now, while waiting, she was hardly thinking about any of that. For now she watched the games.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Zen

Zen had been on the road for awhile. Travelling to the various places that the Knights of Neraka had been, healing the wounded for food and board. He wanted to fight this oncoming plague of men directly, but the soldiers forbade it, saying that he was needed to heal the sick. Zen obliged grugingly, but desired more than anything to show what he thought of these 'knights' directly, with sword and hoof and horn.

Fingering the scar on the side of his head he got the fateful day his father disppeared. Approaching the city of Pashin, where Zen was informed that the knights would likely strike next. Zen picked a tavern at random, a seemingly busy one called the Wounded Crow. While most people would have to struggle through the crowds, Zen's 7'4" height meant this was not a problem, and the crowds melted away. Save for one small human sipping wine at the bar, possibly female, it was so difficult to tell them apart. Zen, looking only at the bar, collided with the small human.

"Sorry, little one," grunted Zen. Before waiting for a response, Zen ordered a mug of ale and turned round to watch the crown gathered round a table. One of the players, clearly just won what seemed to be a game of black dots, appeared to be familiar, but Zen could only see the back of his head and the horns. While it was Takyr's hair and Takyr's game, Zen wanted to be sure it was him. A relative of Takyr might be much more unpleasent.

Just then, somewhere in the crowd he heard the phrase "Come on, the cow moos and you and you calm down, where's the fun in that?" Zen waited to see if the familiar minotaur would turn round is response...
    Last edited by metagaia; 2009-01-16 at 07:30 AM.
    What in the name of German alternative rock group Falco are you doing here?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Takyr

Takyr's ears twitch at the insult. Cow? It was roughly the same as being called a female dog back home.

A quick glance downward at the impishly grinning kender makes him censor his initial instinct. He wants to see me explode. No. I think not.

"They pay more attention than when the mouse squeaks." Takyr replies calmly. He pauses a moment. "You are short. Do you want to become much shorter?"

Takyr knows he's no hope of winning an insult contest with a kender. You have to fight to gain respect. We'll see. If the kender kept it up... well, that could be amusing, too, for everyone but the kender.

Then Takyr notices a familiar profile in the door. He turns and snorts in satisfaction. Of course. He came. He smiles a little bit at Zen, and tosses his head in greeting. He then turns back to his game of Black Dots. All in time. No hurry.

Last edited by Irving; 2009-01-16 at 08:28 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Fossel

Grinning at the minotaur rising to his challenge Fossel decided to press his luck "Ah, but you should see the ladies shriek and run, spinning and pointing randomly behind him he said "And there goes one now"*
    Taking advantage of the slight distraction to grab one of the tiles off the table** continuing with his banter, "But no, I like my height, perfect view" turning and grinning at a buxom lass, "And not walking into the tops of door frames is useful".
    Spinning back to look at the game, he lent forward crossing his arms. "So, whose turn and whose winning and what are we playing"

Spoiler
    Show
    *bluff - (1d20+7)[16]
    To bad it isn't a taunt so missing the extra +4

**slight of hand - (1d20+8)[23]
    Oh yes. I'm taking a piece...

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here. ~ Jayne Cobb

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Zen's shoulders visibly sagged in relief when he saw Takyr turn round and offer a greeting. Touching his hand to his horn in reply, Zen knew there was no hurry, and he also knew how much Takyr disliked being disturbed when he was playing black dots. Something the small voice piping up from Takyr's knees seemed to be failing to grasp.

Curious at why the place was so crowded, Zen bent down to speak to the small human in a dress he had bumped but moments before.
    Excuse me small human, but why is this tavern so crowded? There are many taverns elsewhere, yet here there is no room to stand?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just to clarify, this is Aila that zen is patronising

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Somewhere, under the tables and around the chairs, Tygerlilly wanders around, doing her best to avoid the tavern owner while simultaneously finding out as much as possible about everyone around her. She randomly finds things and when she gets bored of them... she puts them down in random spots. Some of the items make their way into her pouch. A spoon here, a twig there, an interesting nutshell, all sorts of things.

It's fun to play hide and seek with the tavern owner. At the same time, when she crawls under the tables, she checks for bootlaces...if they are there, she ties them together, or in funny knots, or to someone else's. Sometimes she stops to listen or look around, but that's boring and she prefers to search through all of the interesting items that just seem to be laying about, waiting for her inquisitive hands.

Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Aila

Aila is torn out of her thoughts as something rather massive bumps into her. She nearly spilt her wine over herself. She blinks and turns and cranes her neck to look up at the minotaur Oh... it's, uh, no problem she says as it turns to order an ale. What a strange thing, but its manners could be worse. Aila had seen worse manners.

She shakes her head a little and turns back to looking at the game, as she is addressed again. She looks back up at the minotaur The famous Herald is supposedly here, and has promised to tell an unmatched tale. Like myself, I suspect most people are here to experience that.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: 1d20+0=2

Aila is too preoccupied to notice anything, much less any sneaky kender
    Last edited by Deadly; 2009-01-16 at 10:04 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Seeing the extent that the small human ahd to crank his/her neck up to speak to Zen, he decides to help put her at ease by sitting on the floor next to her. Zen nods before speaking again
    "Thank you for the information little one. The stories of battle are not as interesting as the fight itself, but a good story is always received well." Pausing, as if thinking, Zen added "Would you like me to replace the...uh...grape-juice-drink, that you nearly lost there? I feel like I should apologise better, little one.
    Spoiler
    Show
    perception - (1d20+3)[17]

Upon sitting down, zen thinks he might see a flash of something under the tables, but dismisses it as an overacitve imagination.
    Last edited by metagaia; 2009-01-16 at 11:30 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Aila can't help but chuckle a bit at the minotaur's choice of words. And him sitting on the floor looks just a little funny too. Grape-juice-drink... what a fitting description. She smiles and shakes her head slightly It is quite ok. I don't drink that much, normally, so this glass will do. But thank you for the gesture.

13. - Top - End - #13

SolithKnightGuy

As the appointed hour of the Herald's story draws closer, the crowd grows thicker and thicker; soon, they are spilling out the door, just to try to get close enough to hear. The crowd stirs and mumbles at the pair of minotaur in the room; unwelcome sights by many, particularly by the Knights, some few present here.

While the kender are mostly ignored, allowing Tigerlily a chance to 'find' some interesting objects that might just happen to have been dropped, a sudden hush falls over the crowd, as a human male, in his sixties, with white hair and a trim beard, moves over towards the stage, elevating him above most of the crowd, gesturing for quiet.

"I am known as the Herald," the older man says, once the room has sufficiently quieted. "The memories of Krynn are mine to know and share. In my dreams, I have lived many other lives. I have led men into battle, on the side of both good and evil. I have fought dragonback and wielded the mighty dragonlance. I have lived, loved, and died a thousand times. This eve, I will share some of my tales with you."

The crowd begins to shout, "Tell of Huma! Tell of Raistlin and the Dark Queen! Tell of Lord Ariakan's fall among the minions of Chaos!" A steely gaze from the Herald silences them once more.

"I have another story for you this evening," the Herald intones. "I shall tell you this day of a young girl named Mina, and of a great war, one fought not over control of Krynn, but of the souls of its people."

The Herald then begins to tell the story of the War of Souls, the events of which culminated in the return of magic, the return of the gods, and the death of Takhisis, along with many other, powerful individuals. The story portrays the Dark Knights in an ill light, something many of them, and their followers, object to. A DC 12 Perception check reveals a good portion of the crowd growing restless and angry, and grants a +4 bonus to initiative, when the fight starts.

When the Herald reaches the point in the tale where the minotaurs 'save' the Knights and annex the lands of the Silvanesti elves, this becomes too much for the malcontents to bear. Some of the crowd begins picking up clods of dirt, yelling and jeering at the bard. If nothing is done, soon, it's likely to break out into a riot!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Zen was about to respond to the little person's chuckle when he sensed that the room was descending into silence as a old human stepped up to the stage. Zen stood up again, granting himself a clear view over the rest of the crowd, while ignoring some of the less than friendly glances he received.

Zen proceeded to listen to the story that the herald, a story he had heard before, but never with such conviction, even from his own minotaur tutors.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception roll needed before I can really go any further with this:
    perception - (1d20+3)[13] Excellent! Will continue with this post then!

As the story continued, Zen could sense the growing disquiet in the room. Even to Zen and his limited knowledge of this area, it seemed the herald was pushing his luck.

When the story reached the minotaurs and their conquest of the elven lands. Zen snorted in disgust at the crowds reaction. Perhaps their conquest wasn't fair, but these 'knights' were the last people that should be complaining about it. When the crowd began throwing things at the Herald, Zen snapped and bellowed as loud as he could, hands cupped around his mouth

"ENOUGH! I do not know entirely what passes for manners among you folk, but this is *not* how we treat our speakers! I will not defend the actions of my people to the likes of you, but I for one will wait for the end of the story. Many of you are hear to hear this man tonight, and if you do not listen, you are free to leave!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Try and suppress the crowd, roll in OOC thread
    Last edited by metagaia; 2009-01-17 at 08:10 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Takyr calmly stands up from his chair. The set of black dots is probably lost at this point; if he's lucky, the kender will steal it all before a fight breaks out.

He stands tall behind his cousin, hands on his waist, casually flexing his biceps one more time. He looks out and meets the eye of one of the burliest looking "knights" in the crowd.(1) Takyr makes it clear, by his presence and gaze, that Zen is not alone in his defiance.

Just to be safe, though, Takyr glances over at the Herald, and flicks an ear at the door behind the bar. The unspoken message is clear(2): Make a break for it.

He then looks out at the crowd and waits, hoping to sense the moment when violence comes(3). He neither fears not hungers for it, but has no doubts who will overcome.

(1) Aid another check on Zen's Intimidate: (d20)[18] . If above 5, increase Zen's Intimidate by 2.
    (2) Bluff, taking 10, Sense Motive DC 10 to intercept/interpret message.
    (3) Perception check: see OOC thread.
    Last edited by Irving; 2009-01-16 at 08:10 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Fossel

Completely oblivious to the crowds growing dissent, Fossel climbed up onto the table for a better view of the speaker.

Spoiler
    Show
    perception - (1d20+1)[3]
    Last edited by Chineselegolas; 2009-01-16 at 09:51 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Tygerlilly

When she realizes that a story has started, Tygerlilly will make her way towards the speaker, as close as she can get. She plops herself down in front and listens, occasionally trying to interject a comment on her own version of the story, but the Herald keeps right on going, not giving her any oppotunities...she doesn't mind so much and tries to remember the important points of his version. When she notices the crowd beginning to get angry and throw things, she suddenly bounces up and climbs on a table or chair near him.

Convinced she can turn it into a game (and she doesn't like it when things are thrown at someone she likes) she starts trying to catch the objects being thrown. She yells back, Surely you can throw better than that. You couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, much less me! You just try it. I betcha I can catch anything you can throw. When/if she catches clods of dirt, she throws them right back at the person who threw them, or another likely target.

Last edited by wxdruid; 2009-01-21 at 12:27 AM.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Noticing that the Herald has entered and that the tale is about to start, Aila crawls up on her chair to better see over the many heads, most of which are quite a bit higher than her. She listens to the tale with obvious interest, taking particular note of anything she hadn't heard or read before.

This is not her most observant day, however. The young mage is far too engrossed in the tale to note the fight about to erupt.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception check: 1d20+0=4

19. - Top - End - #19

SolithKnightGuy

The crowd grows further restless; while no one person would want to wrestle with a minotaur, the power of numbers only encourages them on. The kender taunting doesn't help matters, and only inflames the crowd. Without warning, a fist is swung, and the entire room erupts into chaos. People surge towards the Herald, some to attack him, some to defend him, and, while he attempts to slip away, he is grabbed and pummeled before his defenders can ward them away.

The room clears quickly, but there's still a few thugs, looking for a fight, not really caring who's on which side, and our five characters are caught between them and the Herald's party.

(Below is the map; I've made minis for everyone. If they're hard to read, and I imagine they are, the orange ones read "Thug", the blue ones, left to right, are Alia, TEM (Takyr), and TL (Tigerlily). The Purple ones are Fossel and Zen. Red is the Herald's guards, while green is the Herald. Next one, I'll change the scale to be larger.)

Spoiler
    Show

The guards will not act, and the Herald is currently unconscious. All six thugs are unarmed, and will act on Initiative 9. Anyone who beats that initiative may act before them; they will be flat-footed until they act.

20. - Top - End - #20

Fossel

Initative 19

Stood high on his table Fossel suddenly noticed the lack of people around him, except for the wall of guards on one said and several rather angry looking humans on the other.
    Turning to look at the Minotaurs he said "I reckon these guys could probably his harder than you, why don't you prove me wrong"
    Drawing his rapier he then struck a dashing swordsman's pose, a large grin plastered to his face

Spoiler
    Show
    Using Bardic Music for Inspire Courage...
    Yes. Its a somewhat different way of doing it, but I have ranks in perform Comedy and Oratory
    A more Kender style
    Last edited by Chineselegolas; 2009-01-17 at 05:36 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Takyr stands close to Zen during the melee. He tries to do what he can to protect the Herald, but there's no way to even get near him with the crowd in full riot.

Eventually, the room seems to clear of those who came for a tale instead of a tavern brawl. A quick glance around the room tells Takyr that he, Zen, and the six thugs are the only real warriors in the group - just a few kender and pretty slip of a girl remain as innocent bystanders.

He waits a moment or two, to see what the ruffians might have planned next. Patience is, after all, the mark of a true warrior. His father always made that clear.

Then the kender issues his challenge, and Takyr grins.

Khot. You can only be patient so long. Let's have fun.
    (1)

"Zen! Mind that one! Let's see the little ones safe and knock heads!", Takyr bellows in Kothian. He points to the ruffian hugging the south wall - he's a little too close to the Herald for comfort.

Then Takyr lowers his head, bunches his shoulders, and does what minotaurs do best.(2)

He doesn't hit as hard as he could - no one's drawn blood yet, and Takyr prides himself on responding in kind. He ignores the thug who flails at him as he bears down on his increasingly panicked target.(3) The minotaur raises his head just a touch before impact, preventing him from flat-out goring the hapless warrior against the far wall.

The charge still hits like a thunderbolt. It lifts the rumpled-looking thug off the ground, bounces him against the wall, and leaves him a crumpled wreck on the floor.(4)

"GO!", Takyr bellows at Alia as he braces for a response in kind.(5)

(1) Initiative 23, delay to 18.
    (2) Takyr is charging an opponent; the revised map showing my movement is here. Attack roll: 14.
    (3) Note that Takyr provokes one attack of opportunity en route during his charge. He will not take advantage of any attacks of opportunity he gets en route - it's possible that if the thug strikes him unarmed, he could get an AoO, but I'll decline to take that attack... right now.
    (4) Damage from charge: 19
    (5) If any thug provokes an attack of opportunity from Takyr during their round, his provisional attack roll will be a 15. His damage will be 6. If possible, I'll save that AoO for the the thug I bypassed en route to the target for my charge; I want to keep that thug from getting any closer to the Herald.
    Note: This post relies on certain assumptions on my part regarding hits and damage. It may be revised subject to DM approval. Please write your responses with this in mind.
    Last edited by Irving; 2009-01-17 at 09:15 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Tygerlilly

Tygerlilly bounces, jumps and darts around the bigger people until the room clears out a bit. She looks around and grins. Some huge ones, some normal people and another Kender! That was fun! Can we do it again! She looks expectantly at the thugs. Well? What do you have? It doesn't even look like you anything to throw...not even dirt! What're you going to do? Stay around and let two minotaurs beat you up? I'm sure you wouldn't make a dent on their hides. Or do you like beating up defenseless people? Is that what makes you feel powerful? She visibly checks them out with a look that says, they can't beat up some minotaurs...

Spoiler
    Show
    taunt/bluff (1d20+7=19), Init 10 (from previous post)
    Last edited by wxdruid; 2009-01-21 at 12:28 AM.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Zen groans inwardly as his attempt to calm the crowd down backfires spectacularly, though he was grateful for Takyr's help. Zen knew his instinct was right that he was the one minotaur he could trust. Should have seen this coming, but can't seem to think ahead much these days

Seeing Takyr getting ready to charge before Zen is ready, Zen realised that Takyr's training had improved his already formidable skills. Upon hearing Takyr's words, Zen shouts back ""Protect the small human one! I'll cover the loud tiny one! And I think you'll like this new trick!"

As Takyr charged off, Zen grasped his holy symbol and let off a small prayer to Kiri-Jolith. Feeling the rush of himself growing in size. Having to duck to avoid cracking his head on the ceiling, Zen steps towards the wisecracking kender, readying his shield ready to whack any thug going towards the kender or the herald. "Today, even littler one, you shall witness what these men should have, why *not* to start a fight near a minotaur.

Spoiler
    Show
    Iniative 18

Standard Action: Cast Enlarge person (updating stats now)
    Move Action: Ready Shield (I assumed I was not wearing it)
    Free Action: 5 foot step Southwest.

Now that I am large size, I believe I should be adjacent to Takyr, Fossel and the thug that is next to Takyr.
    My threat range is now 10-foot, and if you need to post without me, I will AOO, non-lethally with my horns, the first thug I can that moves towards Aila, Fossel, or the Herald. I will not AOO just because they attacked me.
    Last edited by metagaia; 2009-01-17 at 11:04 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Aila, despite being somewhat absorbed in the tale, is rather quick to react once trouble break out. Seeing that the minotaurs and bard are equally quick to react and may get the situation under control, she braces herself and waits just long enough to see how they handle it.

She then quickly jumps down from her chair and moves to get behind the nearest minotaur and out of harms way. Meanwhile she readies a spell in her mind, in case the minotaurs and bard don't get the situation under control immediately

Spoiler
    Show
    Init 18 from OOC post, delay to 17 to allow minotaurs to act first

Five-foot step in the direction of Zen to get out of reach of that one thug next to her, and to not gain an AoO, then move to behind a minotaur and as far from thugs as possible with a single move action.

If they have the thugs under control, she will do no more.

If there are still more than a few thugs left, she will cast Sleep with the intent of affecting as many standing thugs as possible. If there's only one or two thugs, however, she won't waste her spell

25. - Top - End - #25

SolithKnightGuy

(Ok, running down actions, in order...)

Fossel cracks his inspiring taunt on the minotaurs, driving them onward.

Takyr charges, hits, and slams his victim into the wall, hard enough to leave an impression on the wall. The man slumps to the ground, unconscious. He does not provoke any AoOs, for two reasons; the enemy are flat-footed, and cannot take AoOs, and they are unarmed, and, as such, do not threaten anyone, and thus, cannot take AoOs.

Zen begins casting Enlarge Person; Enlarge Person takes 1 round to cast, and will take effect at the start of his next round. While casting, you cannot take AoOs for anyone near you.

Alia doesn't need to move, and begins casting Sleep, which is a 1-round cast. See above. This may be aimed at the start of her turn, depending on circumstances, then, or canceled, if unneeded.

Tigerlily taunts the nearest thug, on the north side of the room. He looks visibly angered.

The northernmost thug charges Tigerlily, swinging his fist wildly. (8 to hit, so failure.) The two thugs in the middle row both swing at Takyr; one provokes from him, and receives a headbutt knocking him to the ground, out cold, for his trouble. The other delivers a sharp punch to the minotaur's gut (19 to hit, 3 non-lethal damage.) The thug to their south steps in to replace his fallen comrade, swinging and landing as well. (17 to hit, also 3 non-lethal damage) The southernmost thug moves in to swing at Fossel, drawing an AoO. (If he takes it, and I'd assume he would, it's a critical hit (even factoring in the -4 for non-lethal), for 6 damage, KOing him. If he declines, the thug hits for 4 non-lethal.)

If all my assumptions are correct, this is the current map.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Jeramiahh; 2009-01-18 at 02:53 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Takyr on 18

Takyr takes a blow to the ribs from one ruffian. As he raises his fists to shield himself, another steps in and tries to kick him in the groin; Takyr turns and takes it on the thigh just in time. "Ash kanazi rasckana cloppf!"(1), Takyr growls at that one. He tosses his head at his attackers, but both of them skip away from his two-foot long horns(2). The next one tries that stunt is going to get their brains loosened, Takyr vows(3). What's this trick of Zen's? I hope it's a good one, he's missing the fight.

Takyr then sees his cousin's body swelling to orgish proportions. Sarga's blood! What sorcery is this?, Takyr wonders. Patience be damned, Zen's got some explaining to do!

(1) From the Kothian, "Shove off before I gut you, you little turd".
    (2) Takyr's attack roll is a 10, presumably a miss.
    (3) If Takyr gains an attack of opportunity this round, his provisional attack roll will be a 15. His damage will be 10.
    Last edited by Irving; 2009-01-18 at 07:47 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Zen, on 18

As zen feels the divine energy coursing through him, he takes a quick appraisal of the situation and to his surprise, finds that not only is the small kender that was catching fruit helping, but also the young human girl, chanting ehat appears to be a spell. Well blunt my horn, guess these little folk have more courage than I would have guessed.

Growing to the size where he has to duck under the ceiling. Zen decides it would be best to use his reach to reach across the entire room. Striking first with his fist on the thug chasing down the Kender under the table, Zen whips his horns around, trying to hit anyone who was still threating the area and giving a whack with his massive horn.

Spoiler
    Show

Ok, I will try and get it right this time.
    HP 10, nonlethal damage, 0, AC 14,
    Enlarge effect will be centred on Zen's Northwestern corner, putting him adjacent to Aila, Takyr and the table.
    Full attack: Unarmed attack on the thug nearest to Tigerlily (who I assume cannot reach me), secondary nonlethal horn attack on the same thug if not dropped. Otherwise the thug nearest to me. Will AOO any thug with nonlethal horn attack if one is prevoked.
    unarmed attack - (1d20+5)[9]
    unarmed damage - (1d4+3)[6]
    Secondary horn - (1d20-4)[13]
    horn damage - (1d8+3)[9]
    AOO - (1d20+1)[2] (critical fumble if necessary )
    AOO damage - (1d8+6)[13]
    Gahh that was dreadful, hope the horn hits at the very least, otherwise Takyr will mock me no end!
    Last edited by metagaia; 2009-01-18 at 07:43 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Fossel

Seeing one of the thugs make their way over to the other kender, Fossel yelled out at him "Big bwave human going to hit a wittle kender, your mother must be soooo proud" grinning all the while and doing a little jig on the table.

Spoiler
    Show
    taunt - (1d20+11)[16] opposed by sense motive
    If I get higher he gets -2 AC and -2 AB for 4 rounds. If I get higher by 5 or more, it is for 8 rounds

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Aila smiles. These thugs are in way over their heads, they are. Must have taken one too many blows the the heads, in one too many bar brawls, to continue a fight like this she thinks to herself. Seems like she will get to finish her spell after all, aiming it at the two thugs near Takyr who are presumably still standing by that time.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Tygerlilly

Tygerlilly continues to taunt him as she ducks under the wild swing, I knew it! You can't hit anything, not with those puny fists. Especially not me. She daringly moves 5 ft closer to the huge minotaur, and hopefully draws the thug with her. ((if he's still around...))
    Last edited by wxdruid; 2009-01-21 at 12:28 AM.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle