New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lost and Clueless (... and May the Gods themselves Weep at What we Have wrought)

Garret Leafgrower

At Sylvash's shout, Garret whips the sling round, sending a stone arcing skyward, aiming for any weakpoints he can see on the closer monster.

Attack - (1d20+10)[21]
    Damage - (1d3)[3]
    SneakAttack - (2d6)[2]
    Last edited by Seffbasilisk; 2009-02-24 at 04:47 PM.
    Life is a gamble, roll the dice. If your life is like cards, rig the deck.

"Boy, sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don'tchya think?" -Jayne
    Greatest number of kills In Valhalla Round 1 with Hsams Goht

2. - Top - End - #152
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Lost and Clueless (... and May the Gods themselves Weep at What we Have wrought)

Teira
    Teira continued to watch as the "darkdwellers" continued to circle overhead. As Sylvash gave a shout and swung at Valter, another strange sensation came over her. Her hand went not to the crossbow as she had planned, but instead to her component pouch as if by instinct. Without knowing why, she pulled out a small packet of sand that had clearly been prepared in advance. The words and motions came unbidden to her mind, but also came with the realization that they were still too high for whatever her subconsciousness was trying to tell her to do. As Garret rose beside her and fired a bullet upwards from his sling, striking solidly at the nearer of the two, she realized that it would almost certainly come after them, or at least low enough for her to hit, and she started preparing to follow through.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative roll of 6 from the OOC thread
    If they're still too high to hit when my turn comes, I'll ready an action to cast colour spray at one or both once they're in range. If they're already low enough, I'll cast the spell straight, and try not to hit anyone friendly.
    Ruya Perist, Flight from Ironheart
    Teira Feiwright, Lost and Clueless

I am me, you are you.
    We’re totally different, separate persons.
    But even so, what if we have just one thing in common?

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

Mordo moves slowly to just about underneath where they're circling. He prepares an action of Ghost Step (Invisible) whenever they come within 15-10'.

Inititative is 17 from OOC Thread. If I get the chance, I'll strike from invisibility with both ends of the Ghost Spike. Only at one of them, mind you, the other I'm saving for later...

Attack - (1d20+2)[13];(1d20+2)[22]
    Damage - Mythweaver servers are down, and I can't remember how much damage it does, so I'm gonna roll Damage later.
    Sudden Strike Damage - (2d6)[7];
    Last edited by Ethrael; 2009-02-24 at 05:34 PM.
    Also known as Eđræl

Spoiler
    Show

PM me for Uncrushed Banners

I'm taking a few avatar requests

Come one, show your appreciation with me for The_Chili_God

Sorry about the slow posting, peeps! Exams are starting to hit me...

4. - Top - End - #154

Ooh! Possible critical... Forgot second sudden strike...

Critical Confirmation - (1d20+2)[17]
    Second Sudden Strike Damage - (2d6)[6]
    Normal Damage - 1st (1d6+2)[7]; 2nd (1d6+2)[8]

Ok, I'm very sorry, but it turns out my stats for my Ghost Spike are actually wrong (apparently they're always masterwork), so I've posted up this correct table to help display my attack rolls.

{table=head]Roll|1st Attack|2nd Attack

To Hit|14|Natural 20

Critical Confirmation|-|18

Normal Damage|8|9

Sudden Strike Damage|7|6

Critical Multiplier|-|x3

Total Damage|15|Normal: 15/Critical: 33[/table]

Phew, sorry about that, I'll be more careful next time.
    Last edited by Ethrael; 2009-02-25 at 01:55 AM.
    Also known as Eđræl

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kovl

When Sylvash shouts the signal, Kovl draws quick but precise patterns with his hand while reciting an evocation under his breath. As the last arcane syllable rolls off his tongue two missiles of magical energy dart forth from his outstretched fingertips and strike the darkdweller circling above him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast magic missile. Force damage: (2d4+2)[10]. Automatic hit (creature not hit by Garret) unless they have spell resistance. Spell resistance check (if needed): (1d20+3)[19]

Satisfied that he was able to get the spell off without a hitch, Kovl reaches for his crossbow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Max damage! Sweet
    Last edited by Lukmar; 2009-02-25 at 03:30 AM.
    When one has no form, one can be all forms.

Trinità Avatar by Mortugg

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Sylvash attacks, both of the creatures begin to dive at Valter. The sling bullet ricochets off of the scaly hide of its target, but the two bolts of force damage burst into its chest. It gives off a hiss of anger at the obvious pain caused by the attack. Veering off course, it instead soars, claws outstretched towards the little spellcaster. Unfortunately for it, the burst of color from Teira's fingertips strikes it just in the eyes as swoops past. At the blinding burst of color, the creature rolls over with shocking dexterity, but the disorientation of the color trips up the maneuver slightly and a wingtip catches the ground. The creature spins out of control and lands awkwardly thirty feet behind the group, momentarily dazed.

The second creature flies true to its initial target, diving down only when it is just over Valter. Twisting sideways as it does, it slams an elbow against Valter's shoulder, slamming the man into the ground. It then lashes out with its left claw at his face. Only the tips of the creature's claws land, but even so you feel the strength of the creature behind the blow and its dagger-sharp claws open three lines of pain and blood across your face.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Valter, make a strength check DC 24 or be knocked down. You also take 10 damage

Oh yes, and Ethrael - both creatures flew too high off the ground until they approached their victims for you to attack them with your prepared action. Roll a jump check to see if you can leap up to hit the first one as it dives.
    Last edited by Highwarlord; 2009-02-24 at 11:34 PM.
    Just an affable fellow, really.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Valter collapses to the ground, unable to withstand the onslaught; his mind reels with fury, the audacity of the lizard man; attacking him was uncalled for, no matter the circumstances. He would pay, with equal injury, and then some for the insult; for now, time to reverse the tides. Valter turns onto his back, weaving his magic once more; when the thing was under his sway, then he could have his fun... after this, Valter grabs his sword, unsheathing it and using the scabbard as a crutch, he gets up, blade in hand, standing proud.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Charm person on Sylvash, DC 16 will save, etc. Now down to 14 hp... do I need a balance check to get up?
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gorgondantess -
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nah, I'll give you that one. Everyone deserves at least to die standing
    Spoiler
    Show
    That was a joke. This is my failsafe in case you have no humor

9. - Top - End - #159

DruidGuy

Sylvash

Sylvash turns to the beast next to him as it reaches out and strikes Valter. He allows the rage to build up inside him and let out a vicious attack against the dragon.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by LittleCarp04; 2009-02-25 at 08:42 AM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I have the feeling it won't be me who dies standing. Anyhow, talking is a free action, so I'll interject this and see how Sylvash reacts, and see if I can't wreak a bit of damage. No, how would Sylvash react to this one...

Friend... listen to me. We have a new plan, to destroy these things; and you can do it yourself; you will fight, you will kill, and you will be victorious. We will crush our enemies beneath our boots. Now, drop your axe- these other weaklings will need all the help they can get- and attack these things. Make them angry, make yourself a target- then kill them. Tear them to shreds. Taste their blood, rend their flesh; you need no weapons, you need no allies, do it alone, draw them to yourself. Do this as a warrior, and for a fellow warrior, leap into the fray and destroy them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I'm hoping I've caught enough of Sylvash's personality to get him to do this; the intent is to kill 2 birds with one stone, but instead of birds, think lizard-people.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Garret Leafgrower
    Initiative: 23
    AC: 20 (18 after charge)
    HP: 21/21

Tucking away the sling with his left hand, Garret charges at the downed pseudo-dragon, lunging forward in an attempt to kill one quickly.

Attack - (1d20+11)[15]
    Damage - (1d4+1)[2]
    SneakAttack - (2d6)[10]

12. - Top - End - #162

Jump- (1d20+9)[19]. Am I invisible when I do this attack?

After/he has attacked, he will shout out. Don't kill the last one! We need him for questioning!

Can I change my attack type to non-lethal? When I post my last post I didn't know that there would only be one left...
    Also known as Eđræl

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

The ninja is incapable of leaping high enough to strike the 'darkdweller' as it swooped towards the casters.

littlecarp -
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, you didn't have a ranged weapon, so there wasn't much you could do during the surprise round (aside from hit Valter, of course). I therefore assumed that you would want to wait until after they came into melee range before taking your next action.

Also, I think your attack and damage rolls assume you are using a weapon, when the charm spell was used to make you attack without one.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kovl

Kovl’s satisfied smile at seeing his magic hurt the creature is short lived as the darkdweller veers and swoops towards him. Oh crap! Take cover you fool! Hid…
    As he stumbles backwards, a blinding burst of colour emanates from behind the gnome and throws the creature off balance. Disoriented, it spins out of control before landing awkwardly not thirty feet away.

Happy at having missed his chance to examine the beast’s claws from a more intimate perspective, Kovl wastes no time and, taking aim with his crossbow, fires a bolt at the darkdweller.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll: (1d20+6)[23]. If it hits, damage (1d6)[6] and sneak damage (1d6)[3]. BTW Highwarlord, does the creature look hurt after all these attacks or more like it suffered just a few scratches?
    Last edited by Lukmar; 2009-02-25 at 03:27 AM.

15. - Top - End - #165

DruidGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Yah I figured he would just get me to attack them but im fine without my axe hah, i have claws and teeth :) Is the one within melee range? If so I will make a full attack using my 2 claws, and bite attacks. I will considert the last actions i took to not happen (and edit the post accordingly.)

Heres new rolls for my claws and bite.

(1d20+10)[19] 2 Claws
    (1d20+10)[25]

(1d4+8)[12]
    (1d4+8)[9]

(1d20+10)[21] Bite Attack.
    (1d4+8)[10]

16. - Top - End - #166

Teira

As the darkdweller lunged down at the three of them, Teira began her spell. Raising a hand, fingers splayed, she let loose a cone of colours that swept over the creature, confusing it and knocking it from the sky. As it tumbled, a bolt from Kovl caught it, but Teira was already whispering the words to another spell. As she finished, a small sphere of acid flew out at where the creature lay. She didn't wait to see if it struck; she was already lifting her own crossbow and preparing to fire again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast spell: Acid Splash
    Damage: (1d3)[1] (acid)
    Touch Attack Roll: (1d20+2)[18]

I am me, you are you.

17. - Top - End - #167

Gathnashk
    AC:19
    HP:11

Tracking the one still moving creature with an open palm, he began to make gestures with his other hand not unlike Teira's. But instead of any recignizable spell, a purple and black beam dicharged from his hand.

Touch Attack:(1d20+2)[14]
    Damage:(1d6)[4]

Using Eldritch Spear just to make sure that it's in range.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hex
    The slender fey-touched articulates some mystic noises and points a finger at the still combative dragon-like being and a wave of green light arches forth towards the creature, seeming almost sluggish as it rolls through the air along some invisible line. As the green light makes contact, the scaled being's movements become visibly slower and less coordinated.
    Spoiler
    Show

Casting Ray of Clumsiness
    (1d20+3)[22]
    (1d6+1)[2]
    Last edited by Highwarlord; 2009-02-26 at 02:00 AM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

Teira's tiny glob of acid strikes the first creature as it crashes to the ground, causing some of its scales to bubble over and melt away. Once the creature hits the ground, momentarily stunned, Kovl's bolt sinks into this tiny hole. Garrit's strike against the downed creature is not so accurate, and is deflected by the creature's armored hide. Because the creature is momentarily stunned, it is difficult to tell what the effect of your assaults had on it.

One of Sylvash's claws strikes true, gashing the still combative creature's shoulder. The lizardman's savage bite sinks into the side of its wing, and it gives out a brief cry of pain. The warlock's bolt flies past him, and seems to have gone unnoticed. However, the 'darkdweller' has seemed to have noticed Valter's spell and calls out in draconic -
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ssah! This pink-skinned parasite shall not control a creature of Scale!"

It lashes out with its right claw, but Valter manages to drop to the left and the blow goes wide pounding into the side of the well. Hissing with pain, its left hand grabs the half-elf, its talons sinking into his chest. It pulls him back and then slams him into the well. He can feel the force of the blow running through his side and several ribs cracking within his chest.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Valter takes 12 points of damage.
    Last edited by Highwarlord; 2009-02-26 at 02:18 AM.

20. - Top - End - #170

DruidGuy

Sylvash

Upon seeing Valter smashed into the well, Sylvash makes another vicious attack at the dragon.

Spoiler
    Show

Ok so gonna full attack again,

(1d20+10)[30] 2 Claws
    (1d20+10)[12]

(1d4+8)[12]
    (1d4+8)[10]

(1d20+10)[13] Bite Attack.
    (1d4+8)[9]

Sweet Critical! Crit confirm roll in OOC of 27

Last edited by LittleCarp04; 2009-02-26 at 02:32 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171

Hex

Pulling a scroll out of his scrollcase, Hex recites the symbols inscribed on it, hoping he manages to cast the spell held within at the faerie thing.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Ray of Enfeeblement from a scroll.
    UMD - (1d20+9)[12] (Do I need this considering I took level 2 as a Sorcerer?)
    (1d20+3)[21] Against touch AC of the dragon.
    (1d6+1)[4] Strength damage.
    Last edited by Ashen Star; 2009-02-26 at 06:10 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Garret Leafgrower

Round: 2
    AC: 20

Fienting to the left, Garret stabs again, trying to sink his blade into a tender part of the downed creature.

Fient - (1d20+9)[15] -4 for nonhumanoid
    Attack - (1d20+9)[18]
    Damage - (1d4+1)[3]
    SneakAttack - (2d6)[7]

23. - Top - End - #173

Ok, round two.

Mordo runs up to the stunned (still invisible) and thwacks it with his Ghost spike, scraping the edge on its face but not actually stabbing it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack To Hit - (1d20+3)[14] (-4 for non-lethal; +2 for Charge)
    Damage - (1d6+3)[6]

Can I make a Grapple attempt at the end? Or is it a standard action? Otherwise..

Don't kill this one! Help...help Valter with the other one!
    The air calls out in Mordo's voice. ((Free action + Move + Standard))
    Last edited by Ethrael; 2009-02-27 at 02:00 AM.
    Also known as Eđræl

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174

Teira
    At Mordo's words, Teira gave a quick glance to where the other darkdweller was being mauled by Sylvash. "Do they need help? The other warrior seems to have that creature well in hand. We must make certain we bind this one." As she spoke, she drew her silk rope from her haversack, she rushes forward to bind the stunned creature before it can recover.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: I hope this is alright by the rules.
    Last edited by Meltemi; 2009-02-27 at 09:21 PM.

I am me, you are you.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kovl

As he sees Teira approaching the felled darkdweller, Kovl shouts out a warning. Careful Teira! It is no longer stunned! Wasting no time, he reloads his crossbow and, taking aim, fires the bolt at the creature.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+6)[19] Damage: (1d6)[2]
    If the attack threatens, reroll for the critical (1d20+6)[8], Critical damage: (1d6)[3]

26. - Top - End - #176

Teira

At Kovl's warning, Teira immediately switched to her dagger, too close now to use her crossbow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Switching action to attack:
    Attack: (1d20-2)[6] (+1 BAB, +1 Dagger, -4 Non-lethal)
    Damage: (1d4)[2] (non-lethal)

I am me, you are you.

27. - Top - End - #177

Gathnashk

Gathnashk bared his teeth at the miss, and prepared to launch another bolt. Focusing the energies once more into his palm, he let loose with the eldritch bolt.

Spoiler
    Show
    Still attacking the same [blank].

Touch Attack: (1d20+2)[14]
    Damage: (1d6)[4]

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

The crossbow bolt goes wide and the halfling's blade and the ghost spike both glance off of the first creature's hide. Pushing itself to its rear legs, the creature wobbles unsteadily for a moment as its vision clears, and then leaps backwards away from its harassers, its wings propelling it back forty feet before it makes a soft landing.

The second creature fares much more poorly. The crippling ray strikes it in its shoulder, and its muscles visibly shrink and contract in its right arm. As the weakening pulse flows through the rest of its body, Sylvash's claw sinks into his chest. The barbarian rips out one of the creature's ribs, leaving a sucking wound in its chest. The warlock's bolt then crashes into its leg, burning the surface with eldritch energy. Seeing its one time victim's defensive stance and the fury of his allies, the creature clutches its side and leaps to the air, calling out in its own language to its compatriot as it prepares to flee.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sylvash and Valter get AOOs against their creature. The other creature is taking a double move action directly away from its attackers and does not draw attacks of opportunity.

29. - Top - End - #179

DruidGuy

Sylvash

Spoiler
    Show
    AoO: (1d20+10)[25]
    Damage: (1d4+8)[9]

As the creature tries to break free from his attack, Sylvash reaches out with his mouth trying to tear a piece off of the creature.

30. - Top - End - #180

((Is the creature within range of a charged attack?))

Mordo hisses violently now and launches himself in the darkdweller's direction. In his right hand he holds his ghost spike outwards behind him and with his other he makes an intricate wave to his left. Immediately there is a small, soft burst of pale grey-white energy around him and he ripples into the air.

Move Silently - (1d20+5)[19]
    Last edited by Ethrael; 2009-03-06 at 03:39 AM.
    Also known as Eđræl

Spoiler
    Show