New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [IC Thread] Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

Celia Kristina

Celia smiled wryly on being deemed virtuous, but her longsword quickly lanced out again, as though bolstered by the compliment. Wanting the zombie behind removed from her blindspot, the brunette put herself sidelong with the cadaver she cut just before. She tried to relax on hearing the others starting to arrive but still glanced nervously at how the situation was working against the lone blonde. The ridiculously courageous lady was probably too distracted to even notice more help was arriving behind Celia.

Reinforcements have arrived!”

Actions, Auras & Movement (8,4):

Spoiler
    Show

Standard action: Attack Z2.
    5-foot step: Standing beside Z2 at 8, 4.
    Swift action: Demand Fortitude (+4 Fortitude Save) & Motivate Attack (+1 Attack roll).

Fortitude: (1d20+12)[25]
    Attack roll: (1d20+9)[22] +1 Motivate Attack
    Damage roll: (1d8+4)[7]

Last edited by Paramour Pink; 2009-05-01 at 05:16 AM.
    Djinn_in_Tonic avatar. I owe him a big thank you.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Peter Bevonte
    HP: 32/34
    AC/Touch/F-F: 15/10/15

Start: 9,2
    Initiative:(1d20)[11]
    Knowledge - Religion:(1d20+8)[27] (vs. Extreme Zombie)

His eyes sweeping over the battlefield, Peter's mouth tightens into a smile at the numbers arrayed against them. Although they were outnumbered, the fact that the enemy was zombies meant that their numbers counted for very little. Briefly, Peter turned back to fact their scholarly sorceress.

"Eldant, I think now would be a good time to use what remainning magic you possess. With luck we will be back to take shelter in the tavern that is apparently filled with survivors."

Turning back to face the oncoming horde of zombies, Peter shrugs.
    "It's not like your magic would go to waste against so many opponents, regardless of what happens after."

Bowing his head momentarily, Peter concentrates on tapping into his divine connection with the Great Saint, and asking Him to give them all strength in the coming battle.

Then he looks up and tightens his grip on his spiked chain. "Ma'am, try to move towards us! Let us present a united front to these foul mockeries!"

Standard:Cast Bless.
    +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves vs. fear effects, should stack with Celia's aura. The female warrior should be close enough to be affected as well, should she wish to be considered an ally.

Move: Draw/Ready Spiked Chain
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

Threads I'm currently DMing:

Threads I have successfully completed:

3. - Top - End - #183
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Mannan
    40/40 hp, AC 24

As the group briefly splits in two, Mannan opts to see what his companions choose to do before making decisions on his own. As it comes apparent that battle will be met, he rides along at Peter's side, hoping to catch some details of the fight ahead before it starts. As the enemy comes into sight though, a muffled curse escapes him.

Spoiler
    Show
    initiative - (1d20+2)[10]
    Hoping to start at (9,3), if not, will spend a move action or a 5 foot step to get next to Z1. Assuming morningstar was drawn already, since the last fight, but if not I'll be drawing it.
    attack1 - (1d20+10)[22], damage1 - (1d6+2)[7]
    attack2 - (1d20+5)[23], damage2 - (1d6+2)[7]
    "Urggzob is ten doctors!"

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Alexia

Despite the fact that Peter hadn't acknowledged her question, Alexia had managed to figure out that they needed to make a fairly quick move to support Celia. Arriving slightly behind Celia, she noted that Celia and the voice were already engaged, which left little time to tactically access the situation. Peter had spent a lot of time describing what Eldant should do but hadn't addressed anyone else, which momentarily disconcerted Alexia. However, she decided that since, for the most part, her role in this battle was to go out and hit things he probably felt that he didn't really need to direct her actions that closely, which pretty much implied that her best option was to go out and hit things. Hard.

Hitting things hard was always fun.

She stepped up to the closest zombie that was menacing Celia, drew her blades, and with a cry slashed and thrusted at it with all her might.

OOC:

Start at (7,2).
    Move action: Draw blades (since she explicitly had them sheathed after the battle)
    Action: Attack Z1 ... I think. Or Z2. The one that's in (7,3) anyway [grin].

Initiative: (1d20+3)[15]

Attack for scimitar: (1d20+8)[12]
    Attack for dagger: (1d20+8)[20]

Damage for scimitar: (1d6+1)[5]
    Damage for dagger: (1d3+1)[3]

That should do it ...

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Alexia's scimitar misses wide, and the follow-up dagger attack finds soft flesh that seems unnecessary for the zombie. Ultimately, both weapons are ineffective against the living dead. Peter's Bless spell goes off without a hitch, which causes the Ashlyn to shout out to him. "Hail warrior-priest!" Her voice seems to take a jovial tone befitting followers of the Invincible during combat. "I myself am a chosen of the Arch-paladin!" With that, she swings toward one of the zombies surrounding her then puts her back against the wall's wall to cut off that avenue of assault.

Mannan moves over to the second zombie and smashes his morningstar into it's unprotected undead flesh. Unfortunately for the warrior-halfling, he finds his spiked club to be ineffective at gravely harming the shambling monstrosity. Eldant's magical attack strikes true, but the zombie only continues it's assault against Celia. Three of the dead attack, but only one strikes the warrior across her shield arm as she defends against one of the other living dead. The other zombies move in to attack Ashlyn while the zombie Mannan struck strikes him in return.

Spoiler
    Show
    I apologize before hand for the quality in this map

S=Shop
    T=Tavern
    Z1-9 = Zombies
    R = Extreme zombie(Know:Rel checks, please)
    A = Ashlyn
    E = Eldant
    X = Alexia
    M = Mannan
    P = Peter
    C = Celia

Damage Dealt:
    Z1: 4(after DR)
    Z2: 18
    Z5: 15

Ashlyn's HP: 33/47.

Ashlyn hits Z5 with a 18. She deals 7 damage.

Z2 misses Celia with a 14 against 21. Z7 misses Celia with a natural 1. Z4 critically hits with a 26 against 21, but fails to confirm with a 10. Z4 deals 5 damage and Celia needs a Fortitude Save.

Z1 hits with a 24 versus 23. Z1 deals 6 damage and Mannan needs a Fortitude Save.

Z5 misses Ashlyn with a 12 against 20. Z6 hits Ashlyn with a 21 against 20. Z6 deals 6 damage. Z8 hits Ashlyn with a 24 against 20. Z8 deals 8 damage. Z3 misses Ashyln with an 8 against 20.

Notes
    Mannan and Alexia have experienced the feeling before, so they're able to infer that the zombies have damage reduction against piercing and bludgeoning(I have removed the ? marks and given actual totals of damage dealt post-DR). Alexia knows her dagger attack was completely stopped by DR.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2009-05-04 at 12:22 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Alexia

"CRAP!" Alexia swore out loud. She'd known that her dagger wasn't going to do much damage, but she hadn't expected it to do no damage. And missing with the scimitar meant that she didn't hurt the zombie at all, which meant that her action was a loud waste of time.

She briefly considered sheathing her dagger and not attacking with it, but she was practiced using a weapon in each hand and had the ability to block attacks with that dagger, so she decided to keep attacking with both weapons. At least the dagger might be a distraction, and using it would keep her from being distracted.

She lashed out at the zombie in front of her even more angrily.

OOC -

Attack with scimitar: (1d20+8)[16]
    Attack with dagger: (1d20+8)[27]
    Damage with scimitar: (1d6+1)[3]
    Damage with dagger (not that it matters): (1d3+1)[2]

I have to remember to look up my sheet (I can't see it from work); I think my favoured enemy is undead and either tonight or tomorrow I'll look it up and update these if required.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Peter Bevonte

Spoiler
    Show

A note about weapons as given in the PHB - Peter's spiked chain deals piercing only, so hopefully you've been taking that into account as well. Considering he tends to do a ton of damage with it, their DR probably won't save them anyway.

Also, if I'm reading this right, daggers can be either piercing or slashing - presumably based on whether you're cutting or stabbing.

Seeing their way to the paladin blocked by the undead, Peter mutters a curse that mirrors Alexia's shouted one.

"Hang on, servant of the Arch-Paladin! Our way is blocked, but not for long!" Peter calls out to the lone figure now barely visible through the swarm of undead surrounding her.

Looking at his own comrades struggling with the wall of undead in front of them, Peter frowns. Reaching around to behind him, Peter loosens one of his throwing axes from its sheath, and then gently tosses it onto the ground underneath the feet of Mannan's mount.

"There is a weapon for you or Aleixa, Mannan. You may find it more effective at destroying undead flesh than your current arms. Just be careful when picking it up that you keep your eyes on the undead!"

Spoiler
    Show

Medium Throwing Axe, Light One-handed, 1d6 Slashing Damage, 10' Range Increment. Pretty sure picking a weapon up off the ground is a move action and provokes though.

Briefly turning his attention to Alexia, Peter sees an area where he may offer advice. "Try striking with the side of your blade instead of stabbing, Alexia! It may not cut well, but cutting is still better than skewering something the undead doesn't care about!"

Finally, Peter bows his head once more, praying that the Great Saint will lend his humble servant some more of His great strength.

Move:Draw Throwing Axe
    Free:Drop Throwing Axe in Mannan's square (8,3)
    Standard:Cast Bull's Strength on himself

Buffs:
    Bull's Strength, +4 STR, 0/50 Rounds Remainning

8. - Top - End - #188

OldWizardGuy

Mannan
    34/40 hp, AC 21

Mannan's head bobs violently as the zombie he clubbed smashes him on the ear. A few droplets of blood squirt from the side of his lip, which apparently split slightly from the impact.

"Why, you little... a'ight, I'm through with games. Alexia can keep the axe, I'm goin' to let my partner to the fore on this."

Curiously, he proceeds to drop his shield off its straps and hoists it on to his back, after which he starts chanting incomprehensible passages of arcane magic. There's a smile on his bloody lip. A dangerous kind of a smile. It looks as if the wolfhound he's riding spreads it's jaws in a smile upon hearing the words as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: 5-foot step to (8,2), free action: loose shield. Standard action: casting Augument Familiar (page 116, Complete Warrior). Trusting my AC to take the AoO, but if it goes through, concentration - (1d20+1)[15]. Fortitude save - (1d20+7)[25], Knowledge: religion - (1d20+1)[5] (untrained).

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Take the axe, Mannan! I've already got something that'll cut 'em good" Alexia cried. Although if Peter had another axe, maybe she could start to do some real damage ...

"It's a punching dagger, Peter! Got another axe?"

OOC -

Also, if I'm reading this right, daggers can be either piercing or slashing - presumably based on whether you're cutting or stabbing.
    Yeah, but not mine, since it's a punching dagger for roleplay reasons ...

EDIT: Just noticed Mannan's move at the same time. I will try to take the axe next turn, but it would be better for him to have it, I think ...
    Last edited by Daimbert; 2009-05-04 at 02:52 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Bugbear in the Playground

HP: 14/14
    AC/Touch/F-F: 22/17/12
    Active Spells: Mage Armor (+4AC), PFE on Celia (4min)

Nodding in agreement, Eldant scrounges through her thoughts like turning the pages of a tome. Deciding it was their best bet, she reaches into her component pouch and steps forward. Nearing Celia, she tosses a powder in a rough circle around the woman, speaking clearly in an unusual tone. A shimmering appears around Celia.

Spoiler
    Show

Move - Move to Celia, furthest from Zombies.
    Standard - Cast Protection From Evil on Celia. +2 Deflection to AC, +2 Resistance to Saves, 4 minute duration.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Celia's blade cuts deep into the zombies' flesh. It seems to slow down considerably as the damage inflicted by the swordswoman is too much for it's undying body to handle. Unluckily, it does remain standing and futility attempts to counterattack. Alexia's scimitar and dagger once again find flesh, but the dagger proves completely ineffective. Ashlyn ducks between two zombies, their flailing knuckles scrapping against her armor and dashes over to the group. She plants her longsword square in the abdomen of a zombie. "I thought it best we regrouped!"

The zombies strike out at the closest living thing without regard for their own safety. A fist pummels the paladin in the back while she keeps her attention on the zombies between herself and the party.

Spoiler
    Show

S=Shop
    T=Tavern
    Z1-9 = Zombies
    R = Extreme zombie(No one knows what this is then )
    A = Ashlyn
    E = Eldant
    X = Alexia
    M = Mannan
    P = Peter
    C = Celia

Damage Dealt:
    Z1: 9(after DR)
    Z2: 28
    Z4: 5

Ashlyn's HP: 27/47.

Since Eldant cannot reach Celia without taking an AoO, I went ahead and rolled your Casting Defensively check. You succeeded, so you don't take an AoO.

Ashlyn rolls an 18, hitting and dealing 5 to Z4. Players within 30ft of Ashlyn now benefit from a +4 morale bonus against Fear effects due to her Paladin Aura.

Z1 rolls a 13 on it's AoO which misses against Mannan's 21. Z8 rolls a 15 against Ashlyn's 20 on it's AoO. Z5 rolls a 18 against Ashlyn's 20 on it's AoO. Z3 rolls a natural 1 and auto-misses. Z6 rolls a 19 against Ashlyn's 20. Z1 rolls a 14 against Alexia's 15. Z2 rolls a 16 against Celia's 25. Z7 rolls a 9 against Celia's 25. Z4 rolls a 12 against Ashlyn's 20. Z6 rolls a 10 against Ashlyn's 20. Z8 rolls a 22 against Ashlyn's 20 and deals 6 damage. Z5 rolls a 16 against Ashlyn's 20.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground

Celia Kristina

Celia didn't look back as some discussion about an axe seemed to bubble up, Peter having conjured it from somewhere on his person. With all the weaponry he held, it occurred to Celia that either Bevonte had prepared for war, or all the ills of Barovia hadn't prepared for him. Either way, a confused glance was aimed at Eldant as the un-armoured figure came closer to the front-line. This confusion broke into a wide grin as a shimmering shield manifested around Celia, the feeling of safety faulted by the precarious position the arcane woman put herself in.

Peter, if you flank with me, Eldant would have a safer exit out,” then glaring to the zombie that absolutely refused to return to lifelessness, “and we'd have an easier time beating the life out of this corpse!

Noticing the paladin had somehow slipped away from the dead to get much closer to the group, Celia's only thought was that the sooner the paladin got into the choke point, the fewer flailing hands would be able to claw at her. Celia made a horizontal slash through a narrow gap of dead bodies, the sharp attack trying to cut the same zombie the holy woman just attacked.

How's our rotten friend doing back there?” she called to Alexia and Mannan.

Rolls:

Spoiler
    Show

Peter pretty much crushes undead, and I know there's no way I'm going to kill Z2 in one hit if it's not dead yet, so I'm going to attack the the one Ashlyn just hit.

Standard action: Attack Z4.

Demand Fortitude (+4 Fortitude Save) & Motivate Attack (+1 Attack roll).

Attack roll: (1d20+10)[14] +1 Motivate Attack, +1 Bless.
    Damage roll: (1d8+4)[8]

Last edited by Paramour Pink; 2009-05-05 at 07:06 PM.
    Djinn_in_Tonic avatar. I owe him a big thank you.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Peter Bevonte
    Buffs: Bull's Strength, 1/50 Rounds

Spoiler
    Show

Actually, I made a religion check just after rolling Initiative vs. the zombie thing. I believe I got a "27".

"Love to, although I'd rather clear the path first." Peter says with a confident smile as he shifts around Eldant, giving the zombie another target to lunge at. As he uncoils the length of chain in his hands, it begins to glow with a faint light as holy energy imbues the metal links. With a loud shout Peter then snaps the weighted end forward not against the zombie in front of him, but beyond to the zombie both armored women were hacking at.

Spoiler
    Show

Pretty sure there's no penalty to attacks with reach even if someone is between you and the target. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Free:Activate Sacred Vengeance, spending 1 Turn attempt
    Move:5' Step
    Standard:Attack vs. Zombie 4
    To-Hit:(1d20+7)[3](10)(-4 PA, +1 Bless, +1 Aura, +2 Str)
    Damage:(2d4+21)[26] (+12 PA, +3 Str, +2 Ranger)
    Sacred Vengence Damage:(2d6)[3]
    Total Damage: 29 (Before DR)

Spoiler
    Show

A 3? I hate you forum die roller!
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2009-05-05 at 07:36 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194

OldWizardGuy

Mannan
    HP:34/40, AC 21

Mauthe-Dhoo
    HP: 34/34, AC 23, DR 5/magical.

"We'll manage", Mannan responds to Celia's inquiry from between clenched teeth. While obviously still infuriated by the earful of fist he caught earlier, he seems somewhat more satisfied, perhaps even a little smug after completing his spell. He swings himself out of the saddle in an attempt to clear off his mount's back as quickly as possible, face contorted in intense concentration. His hound bares it's teeth and lunges forward, hellfire kindling at the end of it's throat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action: concentrating on spell, move action: dismount, free action: commanding familiar to move ahead and attack the zombies.
    Last edited by Uncle_Putte; 2009-05-07 at 03:11 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195

OldWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Apologies for the double post; here are the familiar's rolls.
    Mauthe-Dhoo: 5-foot step to (8,3), full attack on Z1.
    attack1 - (1d20+11)[17], damage1 - (1d8+3)[10] + fire damage1 - (1d6)[5]
    attack2 - (1d20+5)[16], damage2 - (1d8+3)[4] + fire damage2 - (1d6)[4]

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Alexia

Since Mannan didn't seem to need that axe, Alexia decided that she'd take it. She knew, however, that stooping to get it might cause the zombie near her to attack, and she didn't want that. And she also saw that Mannan's dog seemed primed to slaughter that zombie.

So, she decided to wait until Mannan had attacked, and then she sheathed her dagger and reached over and grabbed the axe in her left hand.

Feeling the heft of it in her hand, she thought Oh yeah, this'll cut 'em good.

OOC -

Delay until after Mannan moves.
    Move action: sheathe the dagger.
    Second move action: pick up the axe.

That's it.

17. - Top - End - #197

Observing the rather crowded choke-point, Eldant decides to make it more advantageous. Fishing a small candle and bag from a pouch on her belt, she lights the candle and tosses it next to her. The glow from the candle burns brighter before fading into the shape of a large dog, still faintly glowing. Immediately it sets upon the zombie threatening her.

Spoiler
    Show

Concentration Check - (1d20+9)[23]

Move: None
    Standard: Cast Summon Monster I to summon a Celestial Dog in (10, 4).

Celestial Dog:
    Move: None
    Standard: Attack Z2
    Attack - (1d20+4)[16]
    Smite - (1d4+2)[4]

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

DM

A wave of poor luck washes over the party as Celia and Peter both miss their respective targets with laser-guided misdirection. The only thing either warrior harms are the cobblestones beneath their feet. Ashlyn goes on the defensive as Mannon's dog moves forward and bites the weakened zombie to death. Alexia luckily retrieves the axe without incident, but the strangest twist of fate comes when Eldant attempts to summon a celestial dog. What she gets instead is a massive hulking doberman with deep red fur and a single unicorn horn poking out of it's head. The dog looks like a second cousin twice-removed from Mannan's mount.

The zombies move forward to attack, but Ashlyn and Celia's superior defenses prove too much for their meaty fists.

Spoiler
    Show

S=Shop
    T=Tavern
    Z1-9 = Zombies
    R = Extreme zombie
    A = Ashlyn
    E = Eldant
    X = Alexia
    M = Mannan
    P = Peter
    C = Celia
    MD = Mannon's Dog
    CD = Celestial Dog(DC 16 Arcana Check to determine that it is actually fiendish)

Amazingly, there's a massive run of bad luck and every zombie rolls less than 16, so none of them succeed in hitting either Ashlyn's 24 or Celia's 26.

Notes: Eldant did not notice her spell being tampered with and it seems to have gone off normally.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Peter Bevonte
    Buffs: Bull's Strength, 2/50 Rounds

Striding forward, Peter tries to takes advantage of the distraction Celia provides to bring the zombie down.

Move:5' Step to 9, 4

Standard:Attack Zombie 4

To-Hit:(1d20+10)[18](28)(-4 PA, +1 Bless, +2 Aid, +2 Flank, +2 STR)
    Damage:(2d4+21)[24](+12 PA, +3 Str, +2 Ranger) Piercing

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Alexia

Alexia grinned with the heft of the new weapon, and cried "Yaaaaa!" and attacked the nearest zombie.

OOC -

Okay, making this conditional:

If Mannan's dog does not kill Z1 before my turn, I will do a full round attack on Z1.

If at any point Z1 is dead, I will move to (7,4) and use any attacks I have remaining on Z7 (assuming that the barricade doesn't stop me from reaching it).

Rolls:

Attack:

Scimitar: (1d20+8)[14]
    Axe: (1d20+7)[15]
    Scimitar (second attack on Z1 if available): (1d20+8)[21]
    Axe (same): (1d20+7)[19]

Damage:

Scimitar: (1d6+3)[8] (I'm adding in my forgotten favored enemy against undead).
    Axe: (1d6+2)[7]
    Scimitar (second attack): (1d6+3)[8]
    Axe: (1d6+2)[6]

I hope I got everything right; let me know if I haven't ...

21. - Top - End - #201

OldWizardGuy

Mannan

Mauthe-Dhoo

"Go, my pretty, go! Bury the dead, bury them deep!", Mannan raves in a fashion bordering on hysteria, followed by half-suffused chortles. Despite his outburst, he still seems to be keeping his concentration on the spell.

Meanwhile, the shaggy, armored monstrosity he previously rode stops shaking the now inanimate corpse in it's maw and nonchalantly tosses it aside like a large, filthy ragdoll. It makes a short leap towards the larger concentration of foes available, between Celia and the other hound-like apparition, with obvious intent at tackling a new toy.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll let Alexia handle the zombie on the back, and plug the frontline. Perhaps we can get the NPC on the "safe side" of the barricade if we drop the zombies in between.
    Mannan: standard action - concentrating on spell.
    Mauthe-Dhoo: 5-foot step to (9,4), full attack on, er... sorry, no offense intended, but I can't tell what it says on the grid. The zombie south of Celia. :O
    attack1 - (1d20+10)[19], damage1 - (1d8+3)[11], fire1 - (1d6)[2]
    attack2 - (1d20+4)[5], damage2 - (1d8+3)[7], fire2 - (1d6)[6]

22. - Top - End - #202

Confused at the unusual appearance of the creature she summoned, Eldant ponders what could have happened even as she directs the beast to attack the nearest walking corpse. Running out of useful arcane power, Eldant pulls out the crossbow handed to her before and fires on the nearest zombie.

Spoiler
    Show

To figure out what just happened:
    Spellcraft or Knowledge Arcana - (1d20+13)[28]

I'm unsure of the stats of a fiendish hound, so I'll assume it's the same as the celestial, other than receiving Smite Good instead.
    Fiendish Hound:
    Move: Step to (9, 4)
    Standard: Attack Z4
    Attack - (1d20+4)[22]
    Damage - (1d4+1)[3]

Eldant:
    Move: "Unsheathe" crossbow
    Standard: Crossbow at Z4. If it dies, the next closest.
    Attack - (1d20+5)[22] (minus the penalty for firing into melee... I don't remember it at the moment)
    Damage - (1d8)[5]

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Alexia's barrage of attacks drops the first zombie, while Peter's single strong blow sends the fourth to appear crumpling to the ground. Ashlyn quickly takes it's place as she places her back to Peter and raises her shield to form a wall of steel. "And I had begun to fear I would lose my life to something unable to savor it's victory." Eldant's arrow proves completely ineffective as it simply pierces the zombie's flesh without harming it. Mannan's dog gets a mouth full of rotting flesh while Eldant's summoned mutt gnashes it's teeth at the prospect of battle.

Spoiler
    Show

S=Shop
    T=Tavern
    Z1-9 = Zombies
    R = Extreme zombie
    A = Ashlyn
    E = Eldant
    X = Alexia
    M = Mannan
    P = Peter
    C = Celia
    MD = Mannon's Dog
    ED = Eldan't Dog

Damage Dealt:
    Z1: Killed
    Z4: Killed

Ashlyn's HP: 27/47.

Ashlyn five-foot steps and takes a full defense action. Another spectacular round of failure from the zombies. No one rolls over a 6.

Notes: Uncle_Putte mentioned not being able to see, so I switched to yellow. Tell me if it's better or worse. Also, sorry about not posting earlier.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2009-05-15 at 01:07 AM.

24. - Top - End - #204

OldWizardGuy

Mannan

Mauthe-Dhoo

Still chuckling morbidly, Mannan dedicates his actions into maintaining the spell he cast. Meanwhile, the hound in front of the barricade wreaks havoc on his behalf as well, snapping it's fiery jaw at the zombie before it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mannan: maintain spell.
    Mauthe-Dhoo: Full attack on Z7.
    attack1 - (1d20+11)[30], damage1 - (1d8+3)[5], fire1 - (1d6)[2]
    attack2 - (1d20+5)[10], damage2 - (1d8+3)[5], fire2 - (1d6)[3]
    Thanks for the color change, too, helps a lot.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Peter Bevonte
    Buffs: Bull's Strength, 3/50 Rounds

"I agree!" Peter grunted as he swung his chain around again, aiming for the skull of the zombie sharing the hole in the barricades with the female knight. Recollecting his chain, he then slips back, allowing the knight to integrate into a unified line in front of the barricades if she so chooses.

"Fear not ma'am. The gods do not allow the righteous to die alone."

Standard:Attack Zombie 7
    To-Hit:(1d20+7)[15](-4 PA, +1 Bless, +1 Aura, +2 STR)
    Damage:(2d4+21)[28](+12 PA, +3 STR, +2 Ranger) Piercing

Move:5' Step back to 10, 3

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Alexia

Alexia looked up at the rest of the battle after killing the zombie. Things were really cluttered, and there didn't seem to be any way for her to, right now, move anywhere where she could get an attack in on the zombies with her blades. She could try her bow ... but she was sure that it wouldn't do much good.

She swore under her breath ... and then an inspiration hit her.

She looked warily at Mannan's dog. She didn't want to startle it, so instead of charging past it straight at the barrier, she ran through Celia's square instead, yelling "Chaaaaaarge!" and leaping onto the barrier. Once on the barrier, she quickly whirled on the zombie on her side of the barrier and slashed at it with her blades.

OOC -

Note that my AC is 16 due to Two-weapon defense, since I'm using two weapons.

I'll update if I fail the Jump roll or can't attack due to have to use all of my moves to do this.

Movement is: (8,3), (8,4) leap onto (9,5)

Jump roll: (1d20+9)[15]

Attacking Z7

Attack rolls:

Scimitar: (1d20+9)[18]
    Axe: (1d20+8)[15]

Damage rolls:

Scimitar: (1d6+3)[9]
    Axe: (1d6+2)[7]
    Last edited by Daimbert; 2009-05-16 at 03:05 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207

At a loss since her crossbow was useless, Eldant simply steps back from the fight and looks for an opportunity to be of use. Seeing Alexia's action, she redirects her summon to do the same.

Spoiler
    Show

Move - Step to (10, 2)
    Standard - Full Defense

Infernal Hound
    Move - Jump to (10, 5) Jump - (1d20+7)[27]
    Standard - Attack Z3
    Attack - (1d20+2)[6]
    Damage - (1d4+1)[2]

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

DM

The attacks of Peter(aided by Ashlyn), Mannon's Dog and Celia bring righteous ruination upon their target. The zombie is destroyed completely and leaves nothing but a pile of ash behind. Eldant's dog is less successful, though it's able to bound up onto the barricade it proves ineffective at striking the advancing zombie hordes. Then Alexia does something crazy. She vaults past Celia and straight into the space vacated by Ashlyn. Her blade cuts into a zombie but her axe swing misses it's target. The presentation of a fresh target only renews the zombies' assault. All but one are deflected by Alexia's swift blades, but that one which she misses catches the brave warrior square in the ribs.

Spoiler
    Show

S=Shop
    T=Tavern
    Z1-9 = Zombies
    R = Extreme zombie
    A = Ashlyn
    E = Eldant
    X = Alexia
    M = Mannan
    P = Peter
    C = Celia
    MD = Mannon's Dog
    ED = Eldan't Dog

Damage Dealt:
    Z7: Killed
    Z5: 24

Ashlyn's HP: 27/47

Zombies 5 through 9 miss Alexia with a 7, 4, and 9 respectively. Zombie 3 hits Alexia on the dot with a 16 and deals 8 damage.

Notes: Changed Alexia's target to the next weakest zombie since her original target was dead by the time her turn came around.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

Peter Bevonte
    Buffs: Bull's Strength, 4/50 Rounds

Peter blinks in surprise as Alexia bounds into the middle of the ruinned barricade they had just cleared, hacking at the zombies closing in from all sides. Fearing that unaided the woman would not be able to keep the zombies back for long, he advances next to the barricade.

"Your bravery is unquestionable, Alexia. But your judgement is suspect when you open yourself to attack from twice the number of enemies than necessary." Peter grunts as he asks the Great Saint for protection, and then reaches out to pat Alexia's shoulder, transfering the blessing to her.

Move:5' Step down to 10,4
    Standard:Cast Protection from Evil on Aleixa
    (+2 deflection bonus to AC, +2 resistance bonus to saves from evil creatures' attacks/effects - which I'm pretty sure the zombies are. ) Duration: 5 minutes.

30. - Top - End - #210

OldWizardGuy

Mannan

Mauthe-Dhoo

Mannan grows silent over the course of battle, the effort of concentration overriding his wish to participate directly. In the stillness of the void he had built in his mind in order to channel his strength to the aid of his companion, stray flickers of light appeared, clawing at the edges of what held together the vein of power. His concentration wavered for a moment, in confusion of what was intruding the spell, before realizing it was his own doing. Nothing but his own impatience, the combat high and the need to sink into the battle claw and tooth assaulted his concentration. Taking a long, even breath, he shook away his sense of self as best he could, trying to contain the urge.

Meanwhile, Mauthe-Dhoo reveled in it's master's gifted power, and the carnage possible with it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mannan: concentrating on spell. Mauthe-Dhoo: Full attack on Z9.
    attack1 - (1d20+11)[30], damage1 - (1d8+3)[5], fire1 - (1d6)[2]
    attack2 - (1d20+5)[9], damage2 - (1d8+3)[9], fire2 - (1d6)[2]