New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Dragonprime's Dynamically Dangerous Dextrous and Destructive Random Banter #118

Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    Turns out he was 14 >.<
    I don't know if I can believe that. But then I looked it up, and you're not lying. He's younger than me.

well, they say age is just a number. Or something.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #272

Default Re: Dragonprime's Dynamically Dangerous Dextrous and Destructive Random Banter #118

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    How old are you, Recaiden?

I'll be eighteen in August. Seems like there are a LOT of people round here in the 16-17-18 range...but maybe an equal number in the 20-25. *shrugs* guess I just notice when folks are my age.
    The age groups you just pointed out happen to be the groups that use the internet the most. And for some reason I thought you were actually a bit younger than me. Like 15 or 16. Guess I'm wrong.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    The age groups you just pointed out happen to be the groups that use the internet the most. And for some reason I thought you were actually a bit younger than me. Like 15 or 16. Guess I'm wrong.
    Nope.

Oh...and today my grandparents came over for dinner, and I was listening to them talk and I realized, "wow...when she's not thinking about it, my grandma slips into an honest-to-God Boston accent!" No r's.

Your location reminded me.

4. - Top - End - #274

How old are you, Recaiden?

I'll be eighteen in August. Seems like there are a LOT of people round here in the 16-17-18 range...but maybe an equal number in the 20-25. *shrugs* guess I just notice when folks are my age.
    16. Yeah. I tend to assume people are part of the 20-25 range unless they seems young or say otherwise. (CA, Em, you, etc.)
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #275

Nope.

Oh...and today my grandparents came over for dinner, and I was listening to them talk and I realized, "wow...when she's not thinking about it, my grandma slips into an honest-to-God Boston accent!" No r's.

Your location reminded me.
    Really? That's pretty cool. Bwoston accents ah always pretty cool in my opinion. In fact, I think I will write in a Boston accent from now on.

So today I almost got a dent when I pahked my cah.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Em Blackleaf
    And, the fact that you can't check your PMs while the forums are down, but you can see when you have one is so annoying.
    I find it both a joy and a curse that I don't know the feeling- people never send me PM's.

Anyway, on the topic of age, I believe in the age old saying: "It's not the years; It''s the mileage."
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

7. - Top - End - #277

Quote Originally Posted by Frigs View Post
    I find it both a joy and a curse that I don't know the feeling- people never send me PM's.

Anyway, on the topic of age, I believe in the age old saying: "It's not the years; It''s the mileage."
    Well with oldah odometehs it's easy to screw with the mileage.

Yes, I'm going through with the Bwoston accent. I don't have a real one myself, but like real Boston people I elongate my vowels. So it isn't Boston, it's Booooooston.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Out of morbid curiosity, what age range 'd you folks place me at?

Not that I'm at liberty to divulge any of that information. Damn feds.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post

Rutskahn, you ah so wacky and crazy that it's impossible to guess yah age.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post

14-16. I learn from experience. Don't see how this is morbid, though

I'm Seveteen a month older than Dragonrider, and I'll never let her forget it.
    Live, Laugh, Learn, Love,
    and Look both ways
    when you cross the street

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

How old would people estimate me to be?
    (Note, NOT people that already know my age)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    14-16. I learn from experience. Don't see how this is morbid, though

I'm Seveteen a month older than Dragonrider, and I'll never let her forget it.
    Eighteen. I beat both of you.

...Because this is a race.

...In which the winner dies.

...Nevermind.

*Goes back to his hole.*
    This avatar by Phase.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post

...Nevermind.

*Goes back to his hole.*
    Ah! I Think You'll Find that I'm going to win. The race. To dying... Wooo!

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

...Nevermind.

*Goes back to his hole.*
    "You know, someday, all that sugar is going to catch up with you."
    "And when it does, I'll be waiting at the finish line."

Also, eighteen? Huh. When was your last birthday?
    and Look both ways

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Ha! I'm going to die last!

Anyway, how old does people think me to be?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

I always thought of you as being seventeen, but I have the feeling I'm about to be proven wrong.

Also; I have a scab on my arm. Well, I have several scabs on my arm, but this one is in the shape of a luuuuurv-heart.

So, yeah, I win the "Cool Scabs" competition.
    and Look both ways

17. - Top - End - #287
    Banned

Rutskarn is in his second year of college. Whether that makes him actually twenty, or whether he got punted ahead a grade in elementary school, I don't know.

Pinter, and the appreciation thereof, is CurlyKitGirl's last chance to lay any claim to being a Goddess of the Written Word, says the woman who read while watching the wrestling--live, up close, and personal. Without the mega-arena, it's much more like the pantos (pantomimes: exaggerated, amateur plays) the Brits trot out around Christmastime, but better, because people are getting hurt.

I have spent the time while the forum was down scanning for sewing textbooks to request for my birthday. Two have come to the fore and I am having a devilish time deciding which to drop. Yes, I've checked the local library. Their books are too general and/or are based on draping fabric upon someone who'll hold still. I'm doing this on the cheap and solo, which implies drafting.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

I always thought of you as being seventeen, but I have the feeling I'm about to be proven wrong.

Also; I have a scab on my arm. Well, I have several scabs on my arm, but this one is in the shape of a luuuuurv-heart.

So, yeah, I win the "Cool Scabs" competition.
    Here, have a trophy.
    Spoiler
    Show

You have to wrestle this guy for it though

Also, I just realised, my watch is really cool. Go Timex!
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground

I've been sitting at my desk for over two hours now. Juno has just finished and the credits song Vampire is playing.
    My desk is covered in cellotape rolls and watches and twiddly things used to tie up bags. There's a stack of comic books by Alan Moore, stacks of PC games and a tower next to my monitor that everything plugs into. The TV sits on its own raised section. There are two clocks and a box of rewritable DVDs. A Luigi figure stands imperiously in front of the TV, and a Mudkip and a Pikachu that fold up into Pokeballs sit inside the cellotape rolls. On top of the TV are a bean filled lizard and a bean filled platypus. The bean turtle appears to have fallen off. Hidden near the back of the desk is the box where my antique pocket watch sits, next to warnings for my medication. My phone rests on top of the TV remote. Every now and then I check it, hoping somebody has texted. A Lego Minifigure that looks like me in a post apocolyptic world sits looking at me.
    Surronding me is Lego. The completed sets sit to my left is a disorganised pile. Behind them is the blue box that I keep the instructions in, most of which are on the floor next to it. The big black boxes I keep unfinished pieces are pulled out from under the bed, while the boxes for the completed sets are on top of the bed. Underneath the chest of drawers is a pile of school work, with the Lego Studios instruction booklet on top of it. There's a big pile of textbooks at the other end of my bed that I don't need any more, as well as all the bits of paper universities keep sending me. The bookshelf is filled with books I don't read anymore, as is the chest of drawers. There are 3.5 D&D books, half a collection of Discworld novels, deoderants, cardboard stand ups of Paper Mario and Paper Bowser in front of a Harry Potter collection. My bed has three full sized pillows and one smaller one with a dinosaur on it. I don't sleep well.
    My school bag rests against one wall, underneath the posters of Avril Lavigne. My headphones poke out of it, and it still has my lunch from Friday in it. There's a Resident Evil clock on the wall as well. It's the second one, as the first one broke and this one doesn't work either. Two big posters of Gandalf and Sam cover my wardrobe doors, my sister has the other characters. On top of it are a bunch of large stuffed animals. Inside are clothes I don't wear. I only ever wear black trousers, a white T-shirt and some shirt over it. Sometimes I wear a black T-shirt. The Lego Studios set is in a box at the top of the wardrobe. Next to is a bin filled with stuffed animals, with a bunch of hats on top of it and a hole punch on the floor next to it.
    On top of the chest of drawers are 6 clocks, a lamp, a squeaky duck, a nodding dog, a glowing coaster that doesn't work any more, a Newtons cradle and a strange device for moving marbles round a circuit. The notice board above it hasn't been used for years. Another clock is at the top. A bunch of keyrings hang of the bottom. I use them to help me find the switch for the lamp in the dark. I don't like using the overhead light. There's a big Lego board resting between the bin and the chest of drawers. Between my bed and the chest of drawers is a small tin with books piled upon it. The books are used as a nightstand where I put my glasses while I sleep. There's another clock resting on it as well. Hidden behind this is my last screening, so my parents would never know how badly I was doing at college.
    Underneath the bed I keep all the Lego, as well all the wires for the Gamecube and PS2 under my desk. There's a big white box filled with N64 games and old Gameboys, and the N64 is on top of it. I plan to be buried with the N64 when I die. The window is open, despite it being quite cold outside. On the wall next to the end of my bed are photos of all my friends.
    The walls are a pale blue. There is a Star Wars poster behind my monitor and a Gorillaz poster next to that. A Hogfather poster is behind the door with a Paramore poster below that. On the front of the door is a Nightmare Before Christmas poster and below that is a Watchmen poster. On the back of the door is a set of hooks on which hang a dressing gown and a bunch of belts, neither of which I wear. There's also a black tie I wear sometimes. On the ceiling above my bed is a poster of the opening monologue from Trainspotting. There are two slopes that supported the roof, as I live above the garage. On one of the slopes is a poster from Mario Kart Double Dash. A whiteboard is rests against the wall behind the door.

The world is absurd.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    The world is absurd.
    Yes, yes it is. Your room sounds slightly TARDIS-esque.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

21. - Top - End - #291
    Banned

Really? I was thinking that, for the world being so absurd, the descriptions were laid out neatly and logically, like I could feel my eyes roving over the room. It was a neat effect, Jibar imposing order on the chaos just by being there.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

"You know, someday, all that sugar is going to catch up with you."
    "And when it does, I'll be waiting at the finish line."

Also, eighteen? Huh. When was your last birthday?
    January. 29th. Yup. I'm pretty sure it's in my profile. If not, sorry. If sorry, then unneeded.
    This avatar by Phase.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    Really? I was thinking that, for the world being so absurd, the descriptions were laid out neatly and logically, like I could feel my eyes roving over the room. It was a neat effect, Jibar imposing order on the chaos just by being there.
    Hmmm, that seems slightly paradox-ish. To impose law on chaos makes it law, but then you have to think about whether law is stronger than chaos and whether the chaos would just shrug the law off. The only answer seems to be neutrality, but then that could only happen if both law and chaos were equal in strength, so research would have to be conducted into the impossiblities proposed here.
    My theory: Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb!
    (A cookie for anyone who gets the reference)
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Hmmm, that seems slightly paradox-ish. To impose law on chaos makes it law, but then you have to think about whether law is stronger than chaos and whether the chaos would just shrug the law off. The only answer seems to be neutrality, but then that could only happen if both law and chaos were equal in strength, so research would have to be conducted into the impossibilities proposed here.
    My theory: Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb!
    (A cookie for anyone who gets the reference)
    To paraphrase one man, Imposing more order creates more opportunities for chaos. I think that man was Confucius.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin 89 View Post
    To paraphrase one man, Imposing more order creates more opportunities for chaos. I think that man was Confucius.
    If you want peace then you have to be prepared to make war. I'm not sure who said that.

That could be re-phrased into "If you want order then you have to be prepared to make chaos"
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-03-28 at 08:00 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    Ha! I'm going to die last!

Anyway, how old does people think me to be?
    I seem to recall you being 15-16.

I'm 20! Booyah!

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Here, have a trophy.
    Spoiler
    Show

You have to wrestle this guy for it though
    Bring it! Rar!

January. 29th. Yup. I'm pretty sure it's in my profile. If not, sorry. If sorry, then unneeded.
    It probably is, I didn't even think of checkin' that I knew you were seveteen at some point. I don't remember you havin' a birthday thread though. Well, anyway, I think you can still be an honorary seventeen year old.

Cause it's the coolest age of all, atleast until I turn eighteen.

@Mauve Fo'reals? but you're so young and spirtely!
    Last edited by Felixaar; 2009-03-28 at 08:09 AM.
    and Look both ways

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    I seem to recall you being 15-16.

I'm 20! Booyah!
    You don't look 20. :smallwink
    As a woman named Maude once said "Greet the dawn with a breath of fire".
    (A cookie for the person who gets the reference)
    I'll be 16 in 80 days.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

29. - Top - End - #299

Huh. I always thought Mauve was younger than me. By more than just months, I mean.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

YUS. Got me some comics. And chatted with some people, like John, the guy who makes Scarygoround, Allison and Huw, the guy who makes Bunny, Davies. It was hella cool.