New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dragonprime's Dynamically Dangerous Dextrous and Destructive Random Banter #118

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    Fred, I am your father.
    Cool. Daddy, can we build a treehouse? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Wait a minute, D-D, I'm older than you (albeit only by a few days but still). How can you be my father and be younger than me?
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

2. - Top - End - #482
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Dragonprime's Dynamically Dangerous Dextrous and Destructive Random Banter #118

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    Yeah, that's sort of like me. I have a french oral exam on wednesday and I haven't really revised. However, to get an A, I only need 27/40. Which won't be too hard considering I got 28/40 on the mock oral exam without revising. I don't tend to get worried about exams.

@DeeRee: Woah, your American History teachers sounds awesome. We just have a run-of-the-mill history teacher (who supports Aston Villa)
    Same for my German mock oral, but I could do better. In fact in all ym mocks I got mainly As, but I'm scared that the actual exams will be a lot harder.

On the subject of history teachers mine's pretty cool. He's quite young and isn't strict at all, but he's not one of those teachers where people mess about since he's not strict.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

Cool. Daddy, can we build a treehouse? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Wait a minute, D-D, I'm older than you (albeit only by a few days but still). How can you be my father and be younger than me?
    Ah, but don't forget, as you just said before, your father is both lazy and stubborn.

No. You can't build a tree-house.

It's not the years, its the milage that counts.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sub_Zero View Post
    Same for my German mock oral, but I could do better. In fact in all ym mocks I got mainly As, but I'm scared that the actual exams will be a lot harder.

On the subject of history teachers mine's pretty cool. He's quite young and isn't strict at all, but he's not one of those teachers where people mess about since he's not strict.
    Yes, but our French teacher told us that the mock exam would be exactly like the real thing, or as close as possible. I've done plenty of mocks before and I've never found the real exam more than slightly harder than the mock. I've actually had real exams that were easier than the mocks.

EDIT: Pwease daddy? Pwetty pwetty pwease? *Puppy dog eyes* Wait a minute, I already have a father, Coplantor is my father! He said it himself a few months ago.
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-03-30 at 01:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

5. - Top - End - #485
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaroth View Post
    How can America have enough history to fill enough lessons? 'tis only a bebbeh country. Unless we're talking about America the continent. Or pre-Independence?
    In my school we go pre-Colombus, and study the civilizations that existed before. Such as Incas, Mayans, Aztecs, and so on.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

6. - Top - End - #486

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I'm sorry Curly's in a bad mood. I'm in a good one. Granted, spring break is now over and that is depressing, but I've been surfing YouTube and found some songs that make me really excited/happy.

I'm taking American history instead of psychology this term, which is also excellent. I've already done 1/4 of the reading/viewing for the first lesson, which is all due April 10th. I've had this teacher before and I'd forgotten how awesome she is - she says on the course homepage "I'm not a 'names and dates' historian. I like the stories." YEAH for her!
    Beh!
    I'm on 'Spring Break' AKA: the Easter Holidays next week.
    And I'm currently listening to Karajan conduct Beethoven's Ninth Symphony; there's apple crumble in the oven and I'm being sent off to the far away Co - op so I get to buy sweeties too.

Also: let me think, founded in 1776 . . . ish. Allow back to Columbus . . . um, 600 odd years.
    In depth in skim touch?

Generally in Britland we do in depth periods and skim touch the rest for context. GCSE and A Level is pure in depth study. Love it. Absolutely love it.

@Cristo: The Goddess has deemed this good. Now work or you shall find your local trashy tabloid a stimulating intellectual discourse on celebrities.

@Sub - Zero: Meh. Depends how smart you are. I'm a bit of a smart ass so I did no revision at all until the day before, if that, except for math (hate it); French oral and AS Sociology.
    But four hours a night is ridikkerlous. Laugh in the face of your teacher! But quietly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    In my school we go pre-Colombus, and study the civilizations that existed before. Such as Incas, Mayans, Aztecs, and so on.
    We study American History 1909-1990. Including economy, foreign policy, culture and racial issues. E.g. KKK, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, The Depression, Babe Ruth, etc, etc.
    We also study Germany 1919-1945
    Last edited by Fredthefighter; 2009-03-30 at 02:09 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

EDIT: Pwease daddy? Pwetty pwetty pwease? *Puppy dog eyes* Wait a minute, I already have a father, Coplantor is my father! He said it himself a few months ago.
    No Fred, and thats the final answer. And you know darn well that those don't work on me.
    Yes, he's your adoptive father. Your mother and I didn't think it would be a good idea for you to have a time traveller as father. And I trust Coplantor enough.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Ceikatar!

9. - Top - End - #489

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    @Cristo: The Goddess has deemed this good. Now work or you shall find your local trashy tabloid a stimulating intellectual discourse on celebrities.
    ...I just threw up a little in my mouth...

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ettin in the Playground

No Fred, and thats the final answer. And you know darn well that those don't work on me.
    Yes, he's your adoptive father. Your mother and I didn't think it would be a good idea for you to have a time traveller as father. And I trust Coplantor enough.
    That's good enough for me. Will you take me with you on your time travelling adventures one day? Pwease?
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

11. - Top - End - #491
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *is depressed and hating*
    I'm going to tell you about my little brother:

He's 15 right now.

He chews tobacco and drinks. I'm fairly certain he's been doing it for at least a year now.
    He swears like a sailor, so much so that other kids at his school talk about it. He also acts as if part of the "gangsta' scene".
    It doesn't help that he is dim witted

He's also a thief. Though as far as I can tell, the only crimes commited were in his own home. Money and items included.

But that's not the worst part.

Several years ago we were having a fight. He attempted several times to bash my head against the corner of a table.

He has forgotten the incident, but I have not.
    I sincerely believe that at that time he wished, in his rage, to mentally cripple me.
    There is no way I can forgive that.

Please, even if he angers you now, don't take your brother for granted. I can't stress how much worse it could be (hell, he sounds like a little me ).
    Last edited by Graymayre; 2009-03-30 at 02:28 PM.
    Bombastic founder of the "That guy with a Halberd" Fanclub
    Wanna see this guy return? Click here for more information
    Check out my Spaceatar by Geiger Counter here
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    I am laughing my head off and applauding your tactic genius all at the same time. Bravo, good sir...
    FighterITP : Silver

12. - Top - End - #492

That's good enough for me. Will you take me with you on your time travelling adventures one day? Pwease?
    Oh, don't go with him. See, I am your father. And so is D-D. Because we are a time traveler, there can be two of me in the same place. I am simply older, but D-D will be me in a few of our subjective time-traveller years. So come with the more experienced father.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, don't go with him. See, I am your father. And so is D-D. Because we are a time traveler, there can be two of me in the same place. I am simply older, but D-D will be me in a few of our subjective time-traveller years. So come with the more experienced father.
    Hmmm, I have the choice between a good friend of mine and the guy who says I should grow a beard, but when I do have a beard says I should shave it off. I think I'll go with dallas here. I'll keep in touch with you though.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

14. - Top - End - #494

You don't want to know. But maybe this will give you some idea:
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm sorry about both of your problems with your siblings. I don't really know how to relate to you, Graymayre, but I have a sibling like yours, Curly. Younger though.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

You should totally go with me!
    Though which me.....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ettin in the Playground

You should totally go with me!
    Though which me.....
    I'll just go with the you that I'm older than. That way I can call you youngster and say stuff like "Respect your elders".
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

17. - Top - End - #497

Hmmm, I have the choice between a good friend of mine and the guy who says I should grow a beard, but when I do have a beard says I should shave it off. I think I'll go with dallas here. I'll keep in touch with you though.
    I do the beard thing because I have seen the future, and realized that a lot of what will happen depends solely on your avatar's facial hair. You need to have or not have a beard at certain times to prevent or enable future events. It's all for a good cause. Besides, D-D will become me, and do the exact same thing all over again, while I only need to do it 2 more times.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

18. - Top - End - #498

I'll just go with the you that I'm older than. That way I can call you youngster and say stuff like "Respect your elders".
    Trust me, it gets old after a while.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Trust me, it gets old after a while.
    It does? EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE!
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

Waait, I thought we were stuck in the loop?

And Fred, since I have time-travelled, you don't know how old I and/or we actually are. In fact, I'm your elder by several eons. Immortality by time travel, lovely thing, isn't it?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaroth View Post
    How can America have enough history to fill enough lessons? 'tis only a bebbeh country. Unless we're talking about America the continent. Or pre-Independence?
    Well, this is the third term of the class (I took the first two last year, but couldn't fit the third into my schedule, which is why I'm doing it this year).

First term: prehistoric-Revolution
    Second term: Revolution-1900
    Third term: 1900-present

Right now (the first lesson) we're reading about progressivism and the move to humanize the lives of factory workers. Also women's suffrage and civil rights. It's very interesting.

22. - Top - End - #502

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    ...I just threw up a little in my mouth...
    My work here is done.[/quotation from some place I can't recall]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ettin in the Playground

And Fred, since I have time-travelled, you don't know how old I and/or we actually are. In fact, I'm your elder by several eons. Immortality by time travel, lovely thing, isn't it?
    Woah, that sounds so cool.
    *Gets himself a sonic screwdriver*
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

24. - Top - End - #504

It does? EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE!
    You didn't say that when you found out that you have two fathers that are in fact one person?
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ettin in the Playground

You didn't say that when you found out that you have two fathers that are in fact one person?
    Yeah, but that was nothing new anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

26. - Top - End - #506
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Em Blackleaf View Post
    You, my friend, win one internet. That was a most pleasing mental image.
    My first internet! *glee*

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Also, I was a passenger in a car accident coming home. We weren't hurt, but the guy who hit us was taken to the hospital.
    I'm sorry to hear that, I hope he's alright in the end.

Edit: Ugh, the server problems somehow meant my comment posted just now. It was supposed to be up about 17 hours ago.
    Last edited by Alteran; 2009-03-30 at 05:02 PM.

27. - Top - End - #507

We're not a loop. We're simply a large time paradox. I've met a variety of me/us, causing plenty of paradoxes. In fact, in a few of our subjective years, you will meet the oldest of us, right before he dies. It's very disconcerting to see yourself die. He will create the first paradox. From then on you'll meet plenty of me/you/us. It gets a bit confusing, but the interesting thing is that all of us post here under different usernames. Eventually you will travel to March 2007 and start this one after retiring D-D. You will do this because I told causing the idea to stay in your head, and to eventually seem like the sensible thing to do. See? Time paradox.

Also, you'll find hitting yourself with a flyswatter incredibly amusing.

edit: And for all that is awesome, capitalize the first letter in dragonprime. It irks me to no end that I forgot to do that, and can't change it.
    Last edited by DraPrime; 2009-03-30 at 05:06 PM.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

28. - Top - End - #508

Hey, people. I haven't been here in... well, it's been a while. I've forgotten the level of randomness contained in this thread. Congrats, guys, you have both made my day and raised my standards for randomness.
    Thank you Tiffanie Lirle for the totally awesome avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    So? This is the town. We don't listen to the laws of reality.
    We rewrote it for our own convenience.
    In memory of Gary Gygax, 1938-2008

29. - Top - End - #509

Of course, all the Dragonprime/Dallas-Dakota paradoxes aren't helped by the fact that they both frequently post in Random Banter, which exists in a permanent time loop of varying length.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

30. - Top - End - #510

Ah, the Playground. I've spent too much time with those who don't know what a paradox is, this is very refreshing.
    Thank you Tiffanie Lirle for the totally awesome avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    So? This is the town. We don't listen to the laws of reality.
    We rewrote it for our own convenience.
    In memory of Gary Gygax, 1938-2008