New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dragonprime's Dynamically Dangerous Dextrous and Destructive Random Banter #118

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    @General topic about knowing people: Pft. The longer I'm here the less known as something other than that-guy-who-makes-avatars-for-some-people-I-guess I appear to be. By my reckoning I shall fade into folklore of the playground and be subsequently happily forgotten by some point next year. Sounds like a plan.
    It's overrated. Then again, my avatars aren't as famous as yours and I skipped the folklore part and went straight to forgotten.
    It's what I get for not having a name... Or do I?

2. - Top - End - #572
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Dragonprime's Dynamically Dangerous Dextrous and Destructive Random Banter #118

Quote Originally Posted by Doihaveaname? View Post
    It's overrated. Then again, my avatars aren't as famous as yours and I skipped the folklore part and went straight to forgotten.
    I actually remember you.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

3. - Top - End - #573

Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    I actually remember you.
    Same here.

Don't remember from where, though.

4. - Top - End - #574

I actually remember you.
    As do I. Somewhat.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

I actually remember you.
    I do remember you, mainly because of your username, it is quite particular name to have.

I've been thinking... I must do something to trascend and be remembered in case of sudden dissapearence... I could destroy your minds therefore immortalizing myself in your haunted nightmares. Or, be a nice guy and be remembered as such, who knows.

Is'nt remembered such a fun word to write? The only vowel it has is the E!
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

6. - Top - End - #576

Quote Originally Posted by Coplantor View Post
    I've been thinking... I must do something to trascend and be remembered in case of sudden dissapearence... I could destroy your minds therefore immortalizing myself in your haunted nightmares. Or, be a nice guy and be remembered as such, who knows.
    Good men and their deeds are often forgotten, but monsters are remembered forever?

7. - Top - End - #577

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Good men and their deeds are often forgotten, but monsters are remembered forever?
    The evil that men do lives oooon and ooooooooon....

Sorry, random song moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Coplantor View Post
    I do remember you, mainly because of your username, it is quite particular name to have.

Is'nt remembered such a fun word to write? The only vowel it has is the E!
    You could wage war with several well known playgrounders. That would earn you fame.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

8. - Top - End - #578
    Banned

Coplantor is "that guy who's even crazier than the Romanians" to me; you've got several brothers-you-never-knew in Bucharest. Gem Flower is the singer whose songs I never learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Well, we seem to be at an impasse, as my bone-deep smartassery is only a little bit stronger than my aversion to using smileys.

I guess I'll have to deal with being misunderstood. Maybe I can get tips from the nice people on LiveJournal with the sublime taste in music and the tasteful black wardrobes.

@Recaiden: Oh, I get that. I never let that facts get in the way of a good zinger. Or even a mediocre zinger.
    Please accept a one-woman standing ovation.

9. - Top - End - #579

Well, halfway through my current book and I've got a stack of books sitting on my bedtable waiting to be read. Now, the problem with having a stack of books is that it makes it hard to decide which one to read next...

I've got:

Small Favor-Jim Butcher
    Heat Stroke-Rachel Caine
    Watchmen-if you don't know, shame on you
    Good Omens-Gaiman and Pratchett
    The Gun Seller-Hugh Laurie

...decisions, decisions...
    Last edited by Cristo Meyers; 2009-03-31 at 10:04 AM. Reason: totally not to remove a misplaced "the"...

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm, a year after I'm gone some people will remember me, hopefully, and some other people will vaguely remember me as that guy with the cookiemonster avatar....

Eh, some years after I'm gone maybe a couple of people remember me as 'that guy with the cookiemonster avatar'.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

11. - Top - End - #581

Psst, Cristo. Watchmen has no 'The' in the title.

Also, you should pick Good Omens.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

12. - Top - End - #582

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post

Also, you should pick Good Omens.
    ...hush

<_<

>_>

you saw nothing

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ettin in the Playground

My brother's reading this right now. And I have a stack of five books I need to read before they go back to the library - some recommended my my mom and some by my brother. Both said "you need to read this one first". Should I read my brother's Terry Pratchett or my mother's historical fiction - if I have time to read at all? decisions, decisions!

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

Considering I don't read Terry Pratchett, historical fiction.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

15. - Top - End - #585

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Should I read my brother's Terry Pratchett or my mother's historical fiction
    Pratchett. This should not be a difficult decision.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

16. - Top - End - #586
    Barbarian in the Playground

Of course it does!

Watchmen
    Bombastic founder of the "That guy with a Halberd" Fanclub
    Wanna see this guy return? Click here for more information
    Check out my Spaceatar by Geiger Counter here
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    I am laughing my head off and applauding your tactic genius all at the same time. Bravo, good sir...
    FighterITP : Silver

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ettin in the Playground

Pratchett. This should not be a difficult decision.
    It shouldn't. Especially since it's Reaper Man, which my brother says is his favorite (I haven't read it yet, obviously). But I think the other one is due back at the library sooner...

I know! I'll take them both on my long bus trip today (playing an away tennis match) and read one on the way there and one on the way home!

18. - Top - End - #588
    Troll in the Playground

Depends. Is the historical fiction by Neal Stephenson (I believe he calls ALL his books science fiction, but the Baroque Cycle is clearly historical fiction...not that I've actually read it yet myself )?

In any case, I would still pick Pratchett.
    Last edited by Sneak; 2009-03-31 at 10:15 AM.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

*Has a happy.*

Tomorrow = concert.
    Jazz stuff only, in which we play two or three songs. In one, I've got solo stuff. In another I'm playing my new guitar, and the tentative last is Norwegian Wood, which I wanted to play, but we may not. At any rate, it's with the NYU faculty jazz orchestra, so we might play with Lenny Picket again.
    This avatar by Phase.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

...hush

<_<

>_>

you saw nothing
    *raises hand*

I... I did...

21. - Top - End - #591

Did I even need to answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    My brother's reading this right now. And I have a stack of five books I need to read before they go back to the library - some recommended my my mom and some by my brother. Both said "you need to read this one first". Should I read my brother's Terry Pratchett or my mother's historical fiction - if I have time to read at all? decisions, decisions!
    I needn't answer this, yet I shall:

PRATCHETT! Especially as it's Reaper Man.

@Bath:

D:
    D:
    You're never going to fade away. You're far too iconic a figure for that! Also: ZOMG!!!!! Thank you so much. :D :D :D :D :D
    *replies*

In non - related reply-y stuff:
    I got a large Creme Egg Easter Egg thingy today from my Med His lecturer today for winning a debate a while ago. All four of us on the winning team were only expecting one of the normal sized ones, but we got a proper egg.
    So shocked we were.
    And because I was the only person to get 50 or more out of 60 on last weeks' test I got another normal sized creme egg too.
    I already have a small tummy ache.
    Totally worth it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doihaveaname? View Post
    I remember you. I approached you for an avatar even before Doctrix Bath (which request you refused. ). Vale, Naso Cleopatriae.

23. - Top - End - #593

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Did I even need to answer?
    No, not really. I kinda figured what you'd say.

Really it's a toss-up between Good Omens and The Gun Seller. Omens because of everything I've heard about it, but Gun Seller...a book written by Hugh Laurie just intrigues the hell out of me...

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

In non - related reply-y stuff:
    I got a large Creme Egg Easter Egg thingy today from my Med His lecturer today for winning a debate a while ago. All four of us on the winning team were only expecting one of the normal sized ones, but we got a proper egg.
    So shocked we were.
    And because I was the only person to get 50 or more out of 60 on last weeks' test I got another normal sized creme egg too.
    I already have a small tummy ache.
    Totally worth it.
    Those eggs were always the best part about Easter.

Often imitated (I'm looking at you, Wal-Mart!) but never properly duplicated.

Cheers to you! I like them after they have been frozen.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, right, easter is coming... I knew that...

two quick comments:

1) Dont you guys hate web pages with silly BGM?

2) Anyone here knows a good page to look and buy typefaces?
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

26. - Top - End - #596
    Troll in the Playground

1) ABSOLUTELY.

2) Blambot is pretty good. And some of the fonts are free, too (the ones without a dot next to them)! But I guess it depends what you need them for.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

I need to make a stupid inform/catalogue with 10 different fonts that uses CH as an independent symbol. Stupid.
    I WAS THERE

Spoiler
    Show

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

28. - Top - End - #598

No, not really. I kinda figured what you'd say.

Really it's a toss-up between Good Omens and The Gun Seller. Omens because of everything I've heard about it, but Gun Seller...a book written by Hugh Laurie just intrigues the hell out of me...
    Am I that predictable now? Oh well, fangirl I am, fangirl I shall remain.
    As am I intrigued by Laurie. Never knew he wrote. Have you tried Amazon? You can get books for a penny and p&p's only £2.79.
    It's prolly cheaper than buying one brand new book.
    Just throwing out options.

@Daddy Tooby: I don't even like Creme Eggs that much.

And my parents now believe I have a boyfriend.

. . .

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

29. - Top - End - #599

Am I that predictable now? Oh well, fangirl I am, fangirl I shall remain.
    As am I intrigued by Laurie. Never knew he wrote. Have you tried Amazon? You can get books for a penny and p&p's only £2.79.
    It's prolly cheaper than buying one brand new book.
    Just throwing out options.
    Already have the book, it's sitting on my bedside table. Apparently he wrote it around 10 years ago.

Was just wandering the bookstore and I saw it sitting on the endcap.

@Daddy Tooby: I don't even like Creme Eggs that much.
    Ick.

Cadbury Chocolate Mini Eggs only. No exceptions.

And my parents now believe I have a boyfriend.

. . .

*insert subtlely flirtatious comment here*

...I dunno, just felt like one of those places where I should say something, 'cause really I got nothing. Parents are strange creatures, even moreso looking back at 25 than living with them at 17...

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

Is there any relation I cannot see between not liking creme eggs and your parents believing you have a boyfriend?
    I WAS THERE

Spoiler
    Show

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!