New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Erfworld 151 - tBfGK - 138

I dunno if random users are supposed to make these threads, but wow, Jillian lost it.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld 151 - tBfGK - 138

Her boyfriend just died. Attacking Ceaser was an odd choice, but a freak out was warranted.

Also: F1rst!!1!
    Last edited by R. Malcovitch; 2009-04-01 at 10:07 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

shes gunna need a shrink.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

mmm multi-hex volcano goodness :D

good comic as always

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Could this be the result of of the coalition dissolving? Auto-attack?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    No -- warlords choose whether or not to attack. It's just Jillian losing it -- it's hardly surprising that she'd express that violently.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

It seems odd to classify a volcanic eruption as a "trap"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm confused. Why is Jillian attacking? Is she afraid of a leadership change? What's going on?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    No. Everybody there except the bats has leadership (lots of warlords, a chief warlord, and a barbarian ruler)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Looks like Krakatoa 2.0 was even more devastating than we thought.

Bravo, Parson. Bravo.

What do you want to bet that at least half of the countries in the erstwhile Coalition will cease to exist as part of the aftermath, given that their armies just became charcoal briquettes in Erfworld's largest BBQ?

And I wonder if the eruption has ended yet, or if it's still active. Depending on how much ash just got tossed into the air, the whole of Erfworld might be waking up to the change in how the world works.
    "For the Greater Good!"

Current possessions(worn): one robe and one wizard hat.

11. - Top - End - #11

SolithKnightGuy

So... did Stanley's side get some sort of high score?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

There's always aftershocks following an earthquake... And a giant volcano going off qualifies, here.

So, Jillian leads Transylvito and Co to Faq, Jillian probably going in chains/handcuffed. Honestly speaking, Transylvito probably came out ahead on this, resources-wise. The loss of a bunch of bats, the cost of Vinny holding a royal funeral or whatever for Ansom, and whoever the Tool managed to croak, for a trio of cities. Not bad.

PPS: Thank you, SO SO MUCH that you didn't post an April Fool's comic. Seriously. The jokes, puns, and other hilarity, not to mention the drama, are more entertaining than any cheesy prank.

Respectfully, your fan, BarGamer.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Lurked lots, now de-lurking to say:

This is truly impressive. I thought it'd be a tpk for everyone on the mountain, but no, Parson went and wiped out the entire coalition. Every last unit.

Wow, that's devastation. Good game indeed, Parson.

Jillian's response isn't surprising, you just got a load of bad news you don't want to believe and you're hotheaded and violent by nature. Of course you're going to try to kill the messenger!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

...JUST AS PLANNED. Commence the evil laughter as the collapsed coalition realizes the extent of its defeat!

15. - Top - End - #15

And just in case we forgot, these are the tiny people our gods are playing with.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Banned

Zombie

I'm guessing this means Red is now the Chief Warlord

17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rosnet View Post
    Well, that's kind of assuming that she's still alive. And if she's alive, that her side knows that she is alive.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

No I assume Red is a small cinder. Everything was lost. Everything. And we still don't know what happened to Parson. Anyway I think that Stanley will return to GK to find a nice spot for him to set up base camp. The foolamancer can create a viel of smoke and deadly ash. Stanley will have gems, and as soon as the portal is rebuilt maybe a new super weapon. In addition the the pliers.

I hope casters get xp for uber-traps.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

19. - Top - End - #19
    Banned

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMB View Post
    it's hardly surprising that she'd express that violently.
    I heartily disagree. It is quite surprising that she would do it with violence, instantly, against an ally. This seems quite out of character for, well, anyone with rational thought. I'm sure she lost some rational thought because her boyfriend got twolled, but cmon, attacking Caesar does not make sense.

Plus, the way he effortlessly grabbed her wrist, it looks like he could snap her neck at any time. This is another reason why this does not make sense, because she would know that Caesar could put her down, hard and quickly.

Plus, not like she came at him with her fists, like someone distraught would, she pulled a dagger.

I liked this update, but I despise the last two panels.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Red wasn't Jetstone. Wrong coloring. Also, we have to assume that if the hex killed people the next stack over, anything at ground zero is dead.

I don't know why people think her "Oh-shi" moment is proof she's alive. It's just proof of imminent death to me.

On possible scenario here (which I base on absolutely nothing and don't claim otherwise) would be Jillian following Ansom's advice (which would require breaking off from these guys before they can stop her). Becoming a queen and starting a mission of vengeance. She'd be rash enough to try.

Also, Transylvito's apparently got a high **** move stat.
    Last edited by kagato23; 2009-04-01 at 11:11 PM. Reason: additional thought that did not merit new post
    /co/ is love.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

And Now Sizemore's reputation is sealed.

If they think this was a Dirtamancer Trap, AND anybody who would know Parson was behind this is now a lump of ash (excepting Charlie, who would not discuss this with others, knowing his personality), then the rumor mill will almost certainly push forward the Theory, not that a Master Strategist/Tactician won it, but that Sizemore set off his own Manhattan Project in the field.

That's actually more palatable to most, I'd expect. Which is easier to contemplate, a Warlord who will always find ways to make every advance painful at least, and Pyrrhic at best, or a Dirtamancer who probably can at least be countered with some other magic field?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

And so, the implications of Parson's action start to sink in for the survivors. I suspect the political repercussions have only begun. New alliances may form soon, probing for weaknesses, seeking to exploit losses... Jetstone lost a great deal of materiel, troops and prestige here. Will they be the next target?

Jillian's reaction, while possibly in character, strikes me as thoroughly contemptible. Caesar may not be a nice person. He may have offended her. But striking at him for delivering bad news? That is the action of a fool or an uncontrolled psychopath. Or both. Yes, a violent reaction may be understandable and forgivable. Its target and the way she expresses it are not.
    My Avatar is Vinnie Doombats from the Erfworld comic written by Rob Balder and illustrated by Jamie Noguchi.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chupachichis View Post
    And Now Sizemore's reputation is sealed.

If they think this was a Dirtamancer Trap, AND anybody who would know Parson was behind this is now a lump of ash (excepting Charlie, who would not discuss this with others, knowing his personality), then the rumor mill will almost certainly push forward the Theory, not that a Master Strategist/Tactician won it, but that Sizemore set off his own Manhattan Project in the field.

That's actually more palatable to most, I'd expect. Which is easier to contemplate, a Warlord who will always find ways to make every advance painful at least, and Pyrrhic at best, or a Dirtamancer who probably can at least be countered with some other magic field?
    Not necessarily. It was probably sent back to people over time that suddenly Stanley had tactics and such. Jillian woud have told people about parson, who'd no doubt report back to their superiors. Who would have been periodically told that suddenly the easy win was getting more and more booped up. I'd think Parson Gotti got some respect, if only for being a far more dangerous opponent then Stanley, though likely not a legend.

It will indeed be overshadowed however, but everybody wondering how epic level that dirtamancer must have been.
    /co/ is love.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BarGamer View Post
    So, Jillian leads Transylvito and Co to Faq, Jillian probably going in chains/handcuffed.
    She'd enjoy that though.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kagato23 View Post
    Red wasn't Jetstone. Wrong coloring. Also, we have to assume that if the hex killed people the next stack over, anything at ground zero is dead.

I don't know why people think her "Oh-shi" moment is proof she's alive. It's just proof of imminent death to me.
    Not really proof, just some hints that suggest it would be feasible:

1. This is a world with strong game mechanics, after a fashion. It's conceivable she rolled a huge number of Natural 20's in a row
    2. She doesn't need to survive long, just long enough to get the Arkenpliers to relative safety.
    3. The pliers, being semisentient (?), would almost certainly have strong sentiment against being sunk into the lava -- assuming they would sink or disintegrate, of course... If they would float or not be too deeply buried, then this is a nonissue.

One thing that would suggest she's gone, would be that she'd probably be listed as highest ranking on the scene, in the Army report totals -- but would that be at end of turn? I suspect Erf doesn't have a mechanic for MIA.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Hack View Post
    Jillian's reaction, while possibly in character, strikes me as thoroughly contemptible. Caesar may not be a nice person. He may have offended her. But striking at him for delivering bad news? That is the action of a fool or an uncontrolled psychopath. Or both. Yes, a violent reaction may be understandable and forgivable. Its target and the way she expresses it are not.
    Well, it could be that she's at the "Get out of MY WAY, NOW!" phase... She was just told to abandon her search for the person who she probably blames for Ansom's death.

Or, she's convinced that Ceasar is lying, and is not putting up with that.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground

Let's see... Caesar has just informed Jillian that she has been kidnapped, so that Transylvito can capture her home city. And now he tells her Ansom is dead.

Isn't that awfully convenient, from Jillian's perspective? She now has no reason to go back to GK. And Stanley has no city, and no prospect of reforming in Faq. Gee, perhaps she just doesn't believe Caesar, and she is attacking him for lying to her?

Jillian is now amoung enemies with no possibility for escape. You're surprised that she's attacking?

(To a lesser extent, if Caesar isn't lying, then she can't even blame Stanley for Ansom's death.)

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

lulz bats xD

29. - Top - End - #29

Regarding Jillian jumping Caesar:

As others noted, Vinnie just told her that Caesar was essentially going to take her captive until she showed him the way to Faq, and wasn't going to help take down Stanley. And then she finds out that the guy she just admitted her love to is dead? Jillian's crush/love for Ansom goes back to the start of the comic when he invited her to his tent, and she almost went before turning away in the middle of the night. So she's trying to deny Caesar is telling the truth, to herself more than anything else, and the fact he's planning to capture her for Faq just adds to her reasoning to lash out.

I wouldn't be surprised if somehow though she ended up being the one to claim Faq somehow, regain her father's kingdom and her royalty. Dunno how that would occur of course. :)

Poor Vinnie too. His good friend was just killed, and he may not like what's going on. You have to wonder how his own loyalty will be tested.

Question though: Why is Jillian holding the dagger upside down with cutting edge out?
    Last edited by Fez; 2009-04-02 at 12:18 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

I heartily disagree. It is quite surprising that she would do it with violence, instantly, against an ally. This seems quite out of character for, well, anyone with rational thought. I'm sure she lost some rational thought because her boyfriend got twolled, but cmon, attacking Caesar does not make sense.

Plus, the way he effortlessly grabbed her wrist, it looks like he could snap her neck at any time. This is another reason why this does not make sense, because she would know that Caesar could put her down, hard and quickly.

Plus, not like she came at him with her fists, like someone distraught would, she pulled a dagger.
    It makes perfect sense. We agree that this is an emotional reaction to Ansom's death, correct? The man she loved deeply? Well, Jilian isn't thinking rationally. She just wants to shut Caesar up; she doesn't care that Caesar is stronger than her, or that it doesn't make sense to attack an ally. Jillian is just too mad and griefstricken. All that's missing is the phrase "You're lying! YOU'RE LYING!"

As for the knife-pulling, well, Jillian is a seasoned warrior. Even as angry as she is, her first instinct would be to grab a weapon.

Having said all that ... man, Caesar looks badass in the last panel.
    Last edited by FoE; 2009-04-02 at 12:13 AM.