New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Farmer Felix's Fantastic FRandom FBanter #119 (may contain traces of fnuts)

Maybe P_Z is on his Easter holidays?

I have to write an email to a minor member of the British peerage. His name card reads, "The Honourable John Smith*". Does anyone have a grasp of the etiquette here, or should I just be totally casual and address him as, "Dear John"?

(According to wiki, if I was writing a letter I should put "The Hon." on the envelope, but ... email.)

*Not his real name.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleine View Post
    dish is a cool crazy cat lady.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Farmer Felix's Fantastic FRandom FBanter #119 (may contain traces of fnuts)

A number of possible methods to address him:

"Hey sexy,"

"Yo bro',"

"You there,"

"Dear dude,"

"Pay up, bitch!"

Not all of them may be applicable in your situation.

Also, you should really be on MSN.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dish View Post

I have to write an email to a minor member of the British peerage. His name card reads, "The Honourable John Smith*". Does anyone have a grasp of the etiquette here, or should I just be totally casual and address him as, "Dear John"?

(According to wiki, if I was writing a letter I should put "The Hon." on the envelope, but ... email.)

*Not his real name.
    emails should follow the same etiquette as written letters, and the salutation should therefore be "Dear Mr. Smith"
    They call me fighter, They call me wizard,
    That's not my class! That's not my class!

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue! View Post
    He's the best commoner ever!

4. - Top - End - #574
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dish View Post

*Not his real name.
    If you can modify the to line to be more than just his email addy you could put his title there. Also you could format the email with a header including his title before the line that says Dear John... Or brobably more appropriately Dear Mr Smith...
    Last edited by anazopyreo; 2009-04-14 at 12:04 PM.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe Ego knows. They were fairly close, as far as people on the forums go.
    This avatar by Phase.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Titan in the Playground

Or maybe Thufir....You never know with mathematicans....There's probably a formula for it somewhere.....

Also I think he said some time ago that he was leaving.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

A-ha! I remembered what was missing today!

I forgot to change the Queen Song of the Week (see the first link in my sig).

I was supposed to do it yesterday.

Why the hell did you guys not remind me of that?
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coplantor View Post
    MAD I SAY! what happened to Player_Zero? I wonder where he could be right now.
    Goodbye thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    I'mma quit and find some vidja games to play or something.
    He did post twice in that thread of which playgrounder you'd like to meet IRL, then vanished again.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2009-04-14 at 02:20 PM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

9. - Top - End - #579

I had noticed that Player_Zero hadn't been posting on the forums at all lately. I just don't check the good-bye thread regularly, so I didn't see his post.

Another reason why I may not have noticed is because him and I chat on MSN almost regularly. Mostly him being silly, and us talking about anime.

I still scold him to get sleep every now and then.
    Last edited by Neko Toast; 2009-04-14 at 02:24 PM.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

Funny, I have him on MSN and it's been a while since I last saw him there. Could've he blocked me? Am I really that annoying?

Probably. But I have no problems with it.
    I WAS THERE
    Life is like a dungeon master, if it smiles at you, you just know that something terrible is about to happen

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Sane.... isn't the word I'd use with you, Coplantor. Or myself, in fact. With myself, I'd say obssessive. With you, I'd say.... Coplantor.

Now I haz deviant!
    The DnD Logic
    Now I haz Blog!

11. - Top - End - #581

Funny, I have him on MSN and it's been a while since I last saw him there. Could've he blocked me? Am I really that annoying?

Probably. But I have no problems with it.
    I don't know why he would block you. I don't think you're annoying.

In other news, a strange small bump as formed on the edge of my right eyelid. It is starting to bother me.

12. - Top - End - #582

Sounds like you've got a sty.

I wish I had more info other than the name, but I don't.

I should actually sign on to MSN sometime and actually talk to people. I think I've got people on there that I haven't every actually talked to.

...and one that I'm not entirely sure who it even is...

13. - Top - End - #583

I barely use my MSN any more. I just sign in out of habit, then sit there and ignore everyone.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

14. - Top - End - #584

I don't mean to pretty much ignore everyone, I'm just shy or something.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    ...and one multiple that I'm not entirely sure who they even are....
    Yeah, this for me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

16. - Top - End - #586

Sounds like you've got a sty.

I wish I had more info other than the name, but I don't.

I should actually sign on to MSN sometime and actually talk to people. I think I've got people on there that I haven't every actually talked to.

...and one that I'm not entirely sure who it even is...
    That's what WebMD is for. From what the article says, it's basically a pimple on your eyelid. It sits there, annoys you, and eventually goes away.

And I know that you are on my MSN, so I'm probably on yours. I don't think we've ever talked, though.

I propose we do that sometime.

17. - Top - End - #587

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Draco View Post
    That's what WebMD is for. From what the article says, it's basically a pimple on your eyelid. It sits there, annoys you, and eventually goes away.
    Sounds about as fun as I'd imagined.

And I know that you are on my MSN, so I'm probably on yours. I don't think we've ever talked, though.

I propose we do that sometime.
    Yes, we should.

I'll have to ambush you the next time I have a moment to get online.

18. - Top - End - #588

Yeah, it tends to be that if I have one specific thing I want to say, I can just say it over facebook, or wait until I see the person in person. Having lengthy random conversations over MSN just doesn't come to mind so much as something to do any more.
    And yet it always bothers me that I don't get to talk to my friends enough... go figure.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

19. - Top - End - #589

Yes, we should.

I'll have to ambush you the next time I have a moment to get online.
    Cool.

You know, I'm surprised I haven't seen a Mid-west Meetup thread on here. Either that, or I haven't noticed it before. It would be fun to go to one of those.

In the meantime, I might end up meeting Vulion at ACen, because Kara Kuro really wants to meet him.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    I barely use my MSN any more. I just sign in out of habit, then sit there and ignore everyone.
    You do that too? Awesome. I am the greatest at not talking on msn ever. It's an innate gift or something.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

You know, I'm surprised I haven't seen a Mid-west Meetup thread on here. Either that, or I haven't noticed it before. It would be fun to go to one of those.
    There were talks of a Mid-West meetup, but I never paid attention since I live across an ocean and two continents.
    I use black for sarcasm.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Troll in the Playground

I don't have MSN, but I'm pretty good at ignoring people on iChat/AIM. I only really ever talk to two people on iChat: BlackFox and a girl I know IRL.

They're not very meaningful conversations, however...probably because I turned off the "make a sound when you receive a message" thing, so I never notice when people IM me anyway and just don't respond.

EDIT: A MD/DC/VA area meetup would be nice...
    Last edited by Sneak; 2009-04-14 at 04:02 PM.

23. - Top - End - #593

Cool.

In the meantime, I might end up meeting Vulion at ACen, because Kara Kuro really wants to meet him.
    Most of our time is being taken up by the Johnson City meetup, which has usually been the big US meet. We've bantered about a Mid-west one, but never could get anything off the ground because I'm laaaaaaazzzzzzzyyyyyyy

Ya'know, despite us living probably no more than 20 minutes apart, V and I have never run into each other...

24. - Top - End - #594

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    You do that too? Awesome. I am the greatest at not talking on msn ever. It's an innate gift or something.
    Yeah. I also stopped adding people to my contacts on there. So essentially, if people want to talk to me, they have to do all the work.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

25. - Top - End - #595

this is the third time I write this, stupid internet conection.

@Fred: Cool

@Everyone else: Regarding limb fighting I use heads tied to 6ft chains and then my own hands, the original post was funnier but having to write it three times got me mad!

MAD I SAY! what happened to Player_Zero? I wonder where he could be right now.
    He left. I am one of the worst at ignoring people on IM, as I don't use them. I'd probably be bad at it even if I had the opportunity.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

I do have an MSN, listed in my profile, and I welcome all who wish to chat with me.

27. - Top - End - #597

Does anyone know a decent way to un-pain the face after dental-visits? The man was not good with a needle.
    "I am the very model of a scientist Salarian,
    I've studied species Turian, Asari and Batarian,
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology)
    Because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology!
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian,
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian!"

Don't play League of Legends? Want to?

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

For un-paining the face, ice might help.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ettin in the Playground

Seeya, playground. Gotta couple of days with no intertubes, so reading, here I come. Miss ya.

30. - Top - End - #600

But most of my face is ALREADY numb! >.<
    "I am the very model of a scientist Salarian,
    I've studied species Turian, Asari and Batarian,
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology)
    Because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology!
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian,
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian!"

Don't play League of Legends? Want to?