New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Infinite World IC

Althid
    Looking at the groups in the tavern you notice little apparent hierarchy. Most people seem to either independent mercenaries or roughly democratic mercenary bands and any honorary names seem to have been lost in the cups

Azgen&Celestica
    Celestica speaks the words and the world begins to swirl at a rapid speed. Suddenly the direction of the swirl reverses itself and after clearing you vision you find yourself in a room with pure white walls. There is an ornamental archway behind a desk in front of you and the the right from you. In a chair behind the desk is a blond haired halfling, about 3'1ft tall an wearing regal red and yellow robes. He greets you raising his hand "Hello. I just teleported you to the Krimm base. I am Karava. Something of a reception desk manager in this place" He smiles What Should I call you?

Maj
    The halfling woman hands you two finely crafted glasses and a bottle, filled with about 1/6 gallons of hazy dark brown liquid This particular wine is made of Astral Haze Berries. Gathering them is quite a feat. It's very valued among Sigil's nobles. The halfling puts the coin into a box.
    The wine tastes tastes a little sweet and it foams up a bit in your mouth. For some reason it also shifts in a variety of tastes marking a very exotic berry. As you enjoy the wine a gruff shout is heard "Maj! Who 'ere is Maj" A dwarf comes up to you, dressed in a dark vest and pants. He is somewhat wrinkled and has a dark brown braided beard. He thinks for a moment and say "You Maj? If ye are then come look at tha contract" He takes a lon glook at your bottle of wine "Unless yer too much in yer cups to do that."

Misha
    The halfling serves another person, apparently a tiefling and then turns to you "Wait for someone to get you to look at the contract I think. Karava marks you all in and there's a lot of people who's job is to get people from here to negotiate the contracts."
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Maj

"Tch, I was just sitting down, gimme a second."
    He finishes takes one more sip before placing the glass on the counter and filling it a bit further. The raven doesn't waste a second and hopes onto the counter, practically snickering and taking a drink from the glass. Maj corks the bottle and puts it into his haversack. "It's good stuff, enjoy it for me Garm. I'll go see what Cyrus wants us to do." The bird nods, its beak already tipped with the brown fluid, and promptly goes back to the glass.

He stands up and turns to the dwarf, "Alright, lets see the fine print."
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGirl

CELESTICA

My name is Celestica Sunstar, I am a paladin of Hanali Celanil. In the course of my time in Sigil, I meet the owner of the Wandering Welcome, a man named Bren. After my singing engagement was done there, he told me to seek out Cyrus Korovair, who might be able to make use of my non-singing talents. From the Bottle and Jug, I went to the guardhouse, and they gave me the stone to come here. I would be interested in hearing about any sort of offer you have.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Misha attempts to find her own comftorable chair.

Realizing that she never really met the mind flayer that helped her, she walks over to him.

Hello, we didnt really meet. My name is Misha. Would you tell me yours?

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

I am Azgen Thorya. What is "this place"?

Azgen listens to the reply, then goes to take a seat near Celestica.
    Last edited by Keld Denar; 2009-05-24 at 03:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fax Celestis View Post
    AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY! AILHAY THULUCAY!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

My name is Althid. What brings you to this place?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Ive lived in Sigil all my life, but my guild got destroyed and Ive been looking for some work. How 'bout you?

Misha reaches out to shake Althid's hand.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Azgen&Celestica
    "Well this place could best be described as our headquarters" He says to Azgen, then continuing We are looking for mercenary teams to investigate behind the portal. The specific contract will be detailed at You hear a loud rumble and a powerful boom, like an explosion and you're having trouble staying in your chairs. Karava, who was standing is knocked down. He picks himself up and suddenly his eyes widen and the image of a jolly halfling disappearing behind the serious man in between the rock and a hard place "WHAT?! The Harmonium? Why would they...?" He listens for a moment and then speaks again "The contract? What? Rashdar?! That bastard! Cyrus better rend him one for me too!" He almost yells. Then he takes a deep breath and clenches his fist "Things are not going exactly as planned here. The dark is, we've been swindled bad. and now we have the law on us... For enroaching on The Lady's territory! Harmonium is going to kill all with us even if you haven't signed anything. " He runs behind his desk and rummages through it Our only chance is the portal. You have a stone. Grab hold of the other I'll teleport you there. Quickly! He then grabs a runestone and shouts All of you with stones! Grab hold of as many people as you can so I can port you out! If you value your life!

Misha&Althid
    As you are talking a loud rumble and a boom sounds from behind you, knocking you out of your seats and as you look, you see a large hole in the wall covered with smoke and men in the uniforms of the Harmonium swarm in through the hole. In the middle of them is an armored form, floating and with a horned helmet. A Dabus. People pick themselves up from the floor and draw blades. The voice of Karava suddenly sounds, clear to all All of you with stones! Grab hold of as many people as you can so I can port you out! If you value your life!
    A human comes next to you and grabs both of you by the arm. He is holding a runestone.

Maj
    The dwarf leads you to a room with a stone door. It is simple and it has a table with a chair on both sides. On it is a paper. The dwarf signals you to sit but as you try a large boom sounds through the base, along with a rumble and you are knocked off your feet. The voice of the halfling Karava sounds All of you with stones! Grab hold of as many people as you can so I can port you out! If you value your life! The dwarf extends you his hand, the other holding a stone "This be bad."
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Maj

"What the hell!?" In shock, Maj glances at the dwarf, but doesn't take the hand. He scrambles to his feet. "I'm not leaving without the bird." After a second's thought, he lunges for the contract and stuffs it into his pocket. "Damnit..."

He runs through the door and hollers out into the Entertainment Hall, "Garm! Get your beak over here, NOW!"

10. - Top - End - #70

BardGirl

CELESTICA

May Hanali protect us, watch over us, and guide us safely out of harms way

She pulls out her runestone at the same time as she extends her other hand to Azgen.

I do hope someone is going to explain what is going on at some point in time

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Althid takes the humans arm in a firm grasp. "Time to leave." he says in a wet raspy voice.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Azgen gently takes Celestica's hand and waits for his insides to be turned upside down AGAIN!

Man, all this teleporting is making me sea sick...

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Allright, lets go!

Misha grabs onto the human's arm as well.

Lets get out of here!
    Last edited by Olo Demonsbane; 2009-05-25 at 01:36 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Azgen&Celestica
    "Time to leave!" Karava shouts and somehow activates the runestone. It glows, and the world spirals again and as it reverses, you see numerous armed men women and what some would consider monsters. More are appearing from nothingness spiralling into the gatehouse square. In the middle is the portal and the soldiers are running into it. In the sidelines of your visiion you see a large half-minotaur breaking the door to a shack and barging in.

Misha&Althid
    "Time to leave!" The voice sounds and people begin to spiral into their center, disappearing. Suddenly your world spirals as well, reversing and shunting you in the gatehouse square, next to Cyrus, who is breaking a door to a shack. You are at the sidelines of the square. In the square is the portal and the mercenaries are barging in. Cyrus demolishes the door, shouting"Rashdaaar!!!!" and running in, in a speed to rival some cat predators.

Maj
    "Dammit boy! Leave now or die here!"the dwarf shouts grabbing you just as Garm lands on you. In the doorway there is a large armored form with a falchion. The voice sounds "Time to leave!" and you world spirals, your last visage being that of the armored man trying to hit your disappearing spiral of a form. You are shunted into the gatehouse square, right at the portal. The dwarf runs through and you notice the amount of mercenaries heading for the portal too. Garm, at your shoulder seems to be feeling a bit dizzy.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Althid looks to Misha. Care to find out where that portal will take us?

16. - Top - End - #76

BardGirl

CELESTICA

Celestica follows wherever the halfling is going, if he runs into the portal, she will as well.

Hanali protect us and guide us

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sure, why not? Do ya think we should wait for them or not? And what the heck is Cyrus doing? What does "Radashaaar" or whatever mean?

Misha looks around, slightly confused about her surroundings.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Maj

Maj takes a moment to steady himself. A hand goes to his side, half expecting to feel the warm flow of blood. It comes back dry. "So... what did we learn?" He turns to Garm, who looks back with a gently bobbing head. It seems to shrug. "Don't piss off the Hardheads? Yeah, didn't know that either. Still, what are they..." He reaches into his pocket and takes out the crumbled contract.

Maj takes a few steps towards the portal, but doesn't enter it. As long as there are other mercenaries nearby, he'll stay where his is and look over the contract, trying to sort the mess out. If everyone else seems to leave, he'll just follow them through the portal.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Azgen places his hand on Dwarfriend, preparing to draw it if needed. Keeping his head low, he runs toward Celestica.

No point in getting seperated now...don't know anyone else in this gods forsaken place!

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Maj
    The contracts ink seems to have detoriated supernaturally considering it was in more or less perfect shape before the crash. All you can make out is seemingly random letters throughout the contract. The dwarf remarks from behond you "This be one o' our many safety measures. Tha contract reacts like this to any harsh handlin and stuffin it like that cert'nly qualifies. It's ta make sure it's not gotten with nae violence. Karava could restore it."

Azgen&Celestica
    "Everyone to the portal!" the halfling shouts in an enhanced voice and starts himself running toward it. Going after him, you reach the portal through the masses of mercenaries. The portal feels like a mass of stagnant water, but not flowing down from it's upright position, nor wetting you. Behind the portal you see you are in a green valley surrounded by a mountain range. And fresh air, quite unlike the smog in Sigil. The near environment is and elaborate rock formation and the portal itself is in a red circle elaborately marked with runes. One of the large rocks gives shade and it's rather cool in your new environment. You see some other mercenaries, in the dozens, have already went through and looking circling the hills, swords drawn.

Misha&Althid
    In a few seconds, you see a man cowering in front of the window, then a large hairy fist hitting him in the chin, apparently demolishing his face. There is a flash of metal and blood begins to spray out of the window. Finally the hairy hand violently sweeps the man out of the window into the square, at your feet. Looking at him, he hardly even has a face anymore and he has numerous wounds all around him which are still giving blood. Judging from his position he has broken a lot of vital bones, including his spine and it is safe to say he is no longer alive. Not bothering to make a clearer exit the hairy being plows through the shack into the square. He is Cyrus, his axe wet with blood and his fist bloodstained. Noticing you he says bluntly."This man was Rashdar, responsible for this mess." He then begins to make his way toward the portal.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

21. - Top - End - #81

BardGirl

CELESTICA

That sounds like good advice to me and she dashes to the portal and jumps through, taking a last look to make sure Azgen is following her.
    Once in the new area, she takes a deep breath Fresh air again, its been so long since I havent had to choke down my breath She stays near to Azgen, but does not draw her weapons just yet, however her hands seem to hover at the ready

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

Althids tentacles ripple as he stares at the lifeless form for a few moments, then he nudges Misha and heads toward the portal.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Maj

"Wow... You know, now I really want to know what you're planning."
    He tries to stretch out the sheet and flatten it as best he can. "Really, to go through all that trouble and get Harmonium bashers on 'kill on sight' terms..." The sheet only marginally better, he shrugs. "Karava then, alright."

As he heads towards the portal, he turns back to the Dwarf. "Hey... thanks for the save back there. What's you name anyway?"

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Misha follows Althid in silence.

25. - Top - End - #85

BardGirl

CELESTICA

Celestica, a former squadron leader in her past, cant help but start to revert to that role.
    Azgen, youre with me. Lets see what we have here.
    She then starts collecting name of the other mercenaries, and organizing them into teams if they dont appear to have allegiances already. She starts to set up defense perimeters around the portal itself, and get the searches into the hills to be in an organized fashion. If someone appears to be in command, she will defer to them, respecting the chain of command, but in the absence of such a person, she will try to make sure some sort of organization gets put in place.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Maj
    "I be Karkta" The dwarf pushes into the portal. Running after him, the protal feels watery, but it's not wetting you. Behind it is a green valley of hills surreounded by tall mountain ranges. The portal itself is in an arcane circle in a rock formation. A large stone gives you shade. The hills are being circled by armed mercenaries and next to you is a Goliath and an elven woman.
    Sudenly a halfling and an Illithid come through the portal. It takes you a few seconds to notice, having been used to Sigil smog, that this place has clean air

Misha&Althid
    Stepping through the flowing watery portal, you do not get wet and the first thing you notice is that you're standing a circle, most likely arcane, in a rock formation.
    The air is clean here and you are standing in a hilly valley, surrounded by high mountain ranges. The mercenaries are exploring the area around you. Next to you stands a tiefling and elven warrion and a goliath. Cyrus and Karava are there as well and a dwarf.

Behind the Portal (All)
    Looking through the surroundings Maj and Althid see movement and elfin forms in the bushes. So does a goblin mercenary near you apparently shouting "Who are those??!" Hearing that, a tall muscular brown haired elf raises up and gives some kind signal as at least a hundred armed elves raise from the bushes. The mercenaries all retreat to the standing stones and you realize you're outnumbered at least 2 to 1. The elves are all aiming with their bows at you. The elf who first stood up shouts "Elek urt kyrinmer! Aurta kyrinmer tae ! Ervul Morovilta Avorin!"
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

27. - Top - End - #87

BardGirl

CELESTICA

Celestica steps forward, so that they can see she is elven, as they are. In elven, she replies

We are not here to invade your lands, on that you have my word as a follower of Hanali Celanil. We are fleeing our enemies from Sigil. Who among you is the leader, that we may parlay?

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC, does Celestica recognize what the elf is saying, as she speaks elven?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show

No she doesn't. It only slightly resembles the elven language Celestica knows.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Misha raises her hands up into the air.

Uh...I surrender. I dont feel like being made into a pincusion today...

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Maj

"The Hardheads and a bunch of Primes, we're on a roll aren't we?" Maj steps back carefully, making no sudden movements. He prefers to take Garm in his arms rather then giving another target. "I could translate if I could touch one of them, but I'd rather stay whole a bit longer... You people with the stones prepared for this too?"