New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Gotei 13 In the Playground

"Don't worry about me, I won't die. And thanks for the thoughtfulness. I wouldn't want it on your conscience that you were the cause of my injuries." Koujin smirked. "Not that they'd be severe or anything." He resheathes his sword and crosses his arms. "I am very curious as to why you aren't joining us. Please elaborate if you would."

"And Toshiko? er.. How about you head back and report in to Captain Ryuuji and find out what the plan is. Yeah. I'll meet up with you in a bit."

2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Shirubaru leans in and taps the side of his nose.

My reasoning is thus; he says, putting on a mock-scholarly tone. If the Espada are ever going to directly assault Soul Society, then the time is nigh. The best chance for them would be to strike while so many Captains are in the real world on Recon. If I stay here, hopefully I'll be able to face the real big guns - Primera and Segunda and the like, maybe even Toho himself, if he ever shows his face - while you lot are distracted by weaker specimens in the real world.

I know, I know, I'm risking a lot, he says, but I've always been a lucky man.

{{EDIT: OOC: I don't know something you guys don't, this is just genuinely Shirubaru's reasoning.}}
    Last edited by H. Zee; 2009-05-30 at 04:35 PM.
    Thanks for the avatar, Jair Barik!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    ....you are an evil, brilliant man.

3. - Top - End - #363

"I'm sorry, Captain, I... I'm sorry," Kenji said, somewhat flinchingly, but very alert.

As they blurred away, Kenji still took the time to marvel at his Captain's shunpo. How incredibly far he could go, in a single step! Kenji could not shunpo anywhere he could not see, and with limits even past that. And yet Satoshi-taichou could land with such precision, right in front of the 4th Division's Trauma center, and with so many buildings in the way, too. Kenji nodded, and understood how far he had to go. It did not discourage him, however: it was good to know.

"Satoshi-taichou, I'm not--erk--...herrrg..." He cut off with a mumble as a shoot of pain lashed across his back. "...Then again..."
    Last edited by OverWilliam; 2009-05-30 at 04:53 PM.
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Actually, there may be a way to take advantage of both possibilities. I was actually thinking of a way to avoid allowing the Seireitei to be left at partial strength, but still find out what we can in the world of the living. He traced a small circle in the air, leaving behind a tiny glowing ring. "We can create Senkai gates quite easily, forging a temporary path between the living world and the soul society. What I propose to do is create a semi-permanent gate that would allow us to move back and forth quickly. There would have to be a standing presence on both sides of the gate, but it would allow for quick reinforcements to either side. He mimed with his fingers going back and forth through the gate. "How's that sound to you? You could join the expedition, and still be able to get back if anything starts going down here." Koujin smiles and gives a thumbs up to his captain. "Lots of fighting all around that way!"

5. - Top - End - #365

Zombie

This is an idea which I like, says Shirubaru. A lot. In that case, mind if we travel to the 10th Squad Captain? There's no time to lose.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #366
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Indeed, lead the way!"

((I gtg for a while, but I'll be back later. Assume I follow, and if it comes up, explain my idea again.))

7. - Top - End - #367

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Ryuuji nods to Siegfried and Kiljaeran.

"Assuming the others can catch up, I will begin the briefing.

I have been assigned to lead a Reconnaissance mission to the world of the living in order to gather information on our enemies' moves. Confrontations with the Espada may arise at any point, in which case we will have no choice but to face them in open battle. However, it should be noted that our primary objective is neither offense nor defense, but Recon.

As I will be held responsible for the team, anyone joining will need to respond to me and follow my orders for the duration of the mission, whether or not
    you are members of the Tenth Squad, and even if we share the same Rank." He glances as quickly and politely as he possibly can to the other Captains present, very sure that they'll understand.

"Once we arrive on Earth, we will divide into smaller groups in order to cover more ground. All information is to be turned in to me or my Vice-Captain, as we will be in charge of relaying it to the Ninth Division's News Magazine.

Any questions?"
    Shirubaru and Koujin shunpo into existence at this moment.

Sorry we're late, says Shirubaru loudly. Didn't want to miss the fun. Koujin has an idea.

Koujin's plan:

We can create Senkai gates quite easily, forging a temporary path between the living world and the soul society. What I propose to do is create a semi-permanent gate that would allow us to move back and forth quickly. There would have to be a standing presence on both sides of the gate, but it would allow for quick reinforcements to either side.
    What do you think?

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Zaraki View Post
    What do you think?
    Captain Kiljaeran frowned thoughtfully, then shook his head in a pessimistic fashion.

"It's a fine idea in theory, but don't temporary portals like that tend to be rather unstable? It would be good to have in an emergency, but I wouldn't want to rely on something like that for regular travel. Also, much as we might not like to admit it, the Arrancar are better at this sort of thing than we are. Couldn't they do something to sabotage it?"

9. - Top - End - #369

Zombie

Shirubaru shrugs. I don't really know how these things work, but it's worth a shot, right?

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #370
    Orc in the Playground

Kiyeshi appears in the 5th squad's main room area place. and after a short pause he starts for Mejiri's study, upon arrival he knocks once.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

"Come in, Kiyeshi-san."

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

Rukongai. A hive for the poor, the miserable, the weak, the new and the generally sucky.

A garganta opens in Rukongai, releasing powerful winds and a strange, but powerful reiatsu, followed by a hunched man and a small arrancar.

Behold, the Cuarta Espada, Erscheinung Von Geister. And some random numero. Let's call him 42, just because.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #373
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

What do you think?
    "Works for me. Either way, I'll be giving it several hours before we depart. Those who are definitely coming, meet me outside in a few hours."

((And "a few hours" will be 24 real-time hours. I don't think I'll be available today.))

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ettin in the Playground

Captain Kiljaeran nodded in acknowledgement and departed the scene. The delay would give him a chance to...do...something.

"What exactly are we going to do, anyway? I've already taken care of all the official duties and the archives will be closed by now."

"When in doubt, pace about. We'll just patrol the gateposts until it's time."

Kiljaeran shrugged indifferently and set about the task. His mind was too distracted by the impending trip to really concentrate on it, though. It was obvious even to him that nothing interesting would be happening in Seireitei today...
    Last edited by Anyr; 2009-05-30 at 06:52 PM.

15. - Top - End - #375

Zombie

Hm, says Shirubaru. I suppose I'd better go, in that case...

He frowns - something is niggling at him. The sense of some strange reiatsu, very far away...

It's probably nothing, he mutters, wondering whether to go and check it out.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground

"Damn. One entire Espada here for a full ten seconds and not a single shinigami so far? Shoot."

Erscheinung paces towards the center of Soul Society, to the wall of the Seireitei, followed closely by a very scared numero 42.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #377
    Firbolg in the Playground

Abishai takes a look around the slums, grinning

"We could do damage here....when we come in force.....its almost to much to bear....look at them all....so unsuspecting!"
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

18. - Top - End - #378

Zombie

Carcharadon looks around the slums from where he stands, high in mid-air, next to Abishai.

Where the hell is Erscheinung?

He looks around and sees the old Espada making his way to the wall of Seiretei, and immediately chases after as fast as he can.

Erscheinung! hisses Carcharadon. What the hell are you doing?

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #379

Abishai follows slowly behind, gazing down at what he would consider appitizers....growling hungrily
    My Current Works

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ettin in the Playground

"Going to the wall of course! I have been here for precious seconds and no one shows up to greet me? These shinigami sure have no education!"

Crazy old hollow there.

"In fact, I should just shoot their walls! Saves me the walk!"

Erscheinung stops walking and, pointing a finger forward, fires a focused Dos Ceros of terrible power against the walls of the Seireitei.
    Last edited by Draken; 2009-05-30 at 07:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    "Damn. One entire Espada here for a full ten seconds and not a single shinigami so far? Shoot."

Erscheinung paces towards the center of Soul Society, to the wall of the Seireitei, followed closely by a very scared numero 42.
    Captain Kiljaeran paused for a second in the tedious act of perimeter patrol. Something felt out of place. It was probably nothing, but there was an unusual level of reiatsu outside this section of the wall. His usual paranoia dulled by the monotony, he jumped to the edge of the wall and peered out across the area...

Just as a massive Cero impacted heavily against the soul shield surrounding the walls. For a brief second he froze, then shouted at the top of his lungs to the nearest post:

"WE'RE UNDER ATTACK! ALL DIVISIONS TO THEIR STATIONS! SOUND THE NORTHWESTERN ALARM!"
    Last edited by Anyr; 2009-05-30 at 07:13 PM.

22. - Top - End - #382

Abishai folds his arms across his chest, beaming wide as the cero lances towards the wall

"Well Sexta....seems I won't have to be so silent after all....ehhh?"
    My Current Works

23. - Top - End - #383

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    "Going to the wall of course! I have been here for precious seconds and no one shows up to greet me? These shinigami sure have no education!"

Crazy old hollow there.

"In fact, I should just shoot their walls! Saves me the walk!"

Erscheinung stops walking and, pointing a finger forward, fires a focused Dos Ceros of terrible power against the walls of the Seireitei.
    That wasn't particularly nice, says 11th Squad Captain Shirubaru Reishiro, shunpo-ing into existence behind the three Espada as a hole is blown into Seireitei's wall. The Fourth Division will probably be annoyed.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #384

Abishai's zanpaktou suddenly appear in his hands as he dives at the Shinigami

"Greetings!!! Welcome to your death Shinigamiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!"
    My Current Works

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ettin in the Playground

"Don't blame me. You take only a few moments to notice those two in the mortal world and leave me waiting here for MINUTES in your own doorstep!

Oh, sorry for the wall, anyway, I bring news, news from the great lord of Hueco Mundo, news of prosperity, news of friendiship, news of partnership! Who are you anyway?"

News of a loon.

Erscheinung lifts his cane and attempts to intercept Abishai's face with it.

"Not! Bad Abishai! Bad!"
    Last edited by Draken; 2009-05-30 at 07:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #386

Zombie

Shirubaru shunpo's out of the way of Abishai and stares down at the crazed Espada,

Is no-one into pre-fight banter any more? Is it out of style or something?

As Erscheinung speaks, Shirubaru breaks out into a grin, waiting for him to finish. Ha! Well done, old man! I knew you wouldn't let me down! I'm Shirubaru Reishiro, 11th Squad Captain. What news do you bring?
    Last edited by H. Zee; 2009-05-30 at 07:18 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ettin in the Playground

That wasn't particularly nice, says 11th Squad Captain Shirubaru Reishiro, shunpo-ing into existence behind the three Espada as a hole is blown into Seireitei's wall. The Fourth Division will probably be annoyed.
    A second figure shunpoes into a flanking position on the opposite side of the Espada, already moving to attack. With practised movements, he targets the Espada who fired the initial Cero, swinging his still unreleased sword down against his hopefully unprotected back.

"That's it! End it while that buffoon is distracting him! Kill!"
    Last edited by Anyr; 2009-05-30 at 07:20 PM.

28. - Top - End - #388

"Who would give words to a dead man? Do you want to talk about the weather...its boring and flat here....do you want to talk about flowers? We don't have those in Las Noches, do you want to exchange recipes? I have a great one for shinigami.....maybe you'd like it?!"
    My Current Works

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

A garganta opens, revealing the Segunda Espada and all five of his Fraccion.

Abishai. Now that Toho-sama has ordered it...

do you need help?

Four Espada. Uh-oh.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2009-05-30 at 07:21 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ettin in the Playground

Suddenly, the cane diverts paths and uses poor 42 to block the attack from behind.

"I should have come alone."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing