New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf Classic IX - GAME ON!

Probably way too late but I've got a 2 vote buffer so I'll give this a try.

Kyouhen
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

The 'just to see what happens' in his post makes it sound unlikely that Kyouhen actually is a mason. My inclination is to think that he's just trying to make the game more chaotic, at the probable cost of a mason, which I don't like.

Frankly, I'm inclined to believe FC's claim because claiming to be a mason when a wolf doesn't seem like a smart move to me. It's far more common for a wolf nearly to be lynched to claim seer or baner. A false claim of mason is far easier to verify and without the loss of an exceptionally powerful role. If for no other reason than there are more masons than the other individual power roles, and so the liklihood of one of them coming to the thread and disputing you in a timely fashion is higher. Additionally, were the wolf to claim seer or baner, the only way of verification, especially this early in the game where no real networks have ideally had time to form, would entail the outing of a power role (good for wolves), or if the role in question chose not to out themselves, then the wolf would likely live, be placed in a position of trust and probably contacted by the masons and the other power role (very good for wolves). Claiming mason doesn't have remotely the same benefits.

*points at Kyouhen* At best you're a wolf hoping to incite us to lynch a mason, more likely you're a villager who isn't playing in a manner that is helpful to team good. Both are acceptable losses in my mind.

(If by chance my analysis is wrong and you actually are a mason, I apologize )
    Last edited by Alarra; 2009-07-10 at 01:28 AM. Reason: cause I can't spell

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh sure, a dozen people claim baner and get nothing. I claim mason and end up with a bandwagon?

EDIT:
    Also, random thought if I get lynched. For most of my games so far Murska's attempted to find out what role I am privately. I don't think he's attempted to do so for this one yet, though normally he goes fishing for info as soon as roles are assigned. Take from this what you will.
    Last edited by Kyouhen; 2009-07-10 at 02:05 AM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Banned

Nothing personal. You're just the best target on a day when there usually isn't a target.
    And don't be upset with me for not lynching FC like I said I would.

*extends hand*

Hi. I'm Shadow. I lie a lot. Ask around.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Yup, Shadow lies a lot.
    This bandwagon actually has more sense then most 1st day bandwagons, so count me in.
    Kyouhen.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

6. - Top - End - #186

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Oh sure, a dozen people claim baner and get nothing. I claim mason and end up with a bandwagon?
    Well....those claiming baner were clearly joking, I assume...well, I mean, they could be telling the truth...but who would believe them, really?

It's after 3! Why am I still awake?

Spoiler
    Show

Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Oh my! That must mean Alarra is a wolf!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Ceikatar!

8. - Top - End - #188
    Barbarian in the Playground

I can confirm that thing about Shadow lying a lot. I still wonder why I never let myself believe he was a wolf in GRFOS.
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Banned

If it weren't for me personally lynching a teammate on day 1 by being the deciding vote, that would have been my third flawless victory!
    But then again, if I hadn't done that, all you sheep may not have followed the big bad wolf into his lair....

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

See, he admits it! Shadow is a wolf!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

11. - Top - End - #191
    Banned

Yep, I admit it, I was a wolf in that game.
    And we had a friggin blast, too!

12. - Top - End - #192

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post

If it weren't for me personally lynching a teammate on day 1 by being the deciding vote, that would have been my third flawless victory!
    But then again, if I hadn't done that, all you sheep may not have followed the big bad wolf into his lair....
    Yes, yes, we all know you're a sneaky liar who nobody should trust even if the narrators tell them to. Sort of like Murska, only exponentially moreso.

You just got me thinking, how many people here have participated in a perfect victory? Even with their rarity, their nature means there are probably more than would be expected.
    Last edited by Hyozo; 2009-07-10 at 02:56 AM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Banned

Myself, Supagoof, Alarra, Castaras (recruited at the last minute onto that team) in Rebellion 2 I think.
    Myself (first cult recruit) and Supagoof again (we're a damn good team!), Lord Magtok, Faerwain, Akaziel, Ink, Janusnori, Kyrian (the cult leader), & whoever else we recruited into the cult along the way (I don't recall, but the names listed -excluding myself- were the Pirates) in Pirates 3.
    If there has been another game that ended in flawless victory, I don't know of it, but then again there's plenty that I don't know.
    And now I need to do some laundry and get the hell outta here.

14. - Top - End - #194

There was at least one more. Reinholdt, Dr.Bath, Mechafox, Lord Fullbladder, and myself in Istari's Pokemon themed game a few months ago. Still, it looks like yourself and Supagoof are the only ones with multiple perfect games behind you.
    Last edited by Hyozo; 2009-07-10 at 03:21 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post

EDIT:
    Also, random thought if I get lynched. For most of my games so far Murska's attempted to find out what role I am privately. I don't think he's attempted to do so for this one yet, though normally he goes fishing for info as soon as roles are assigned. Take from this what you will.
    Difference is your lie could get me lynched because my claim was serious while like Alarra said, those baner claims were clearly jokes and highly unlikely to affect a lynch.
    I'm just glad the people in this game are using some logic rather than taking your word for it and lynch a mason just because you chose to claim that I'm not one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

16. - Top - End - #196

Myself, Supagoof, Alarra, Castaras (recruited at the last minute onto that team) in Rebellion 2 I think.
    Hey, I ran this one!
    Myself (first cult recruit) and Supagoof again (we're a damn good team!), Lord Magtok, Faerwain, Akaziel, Ink, Janusnori, Kyrian (the cult leader), & whoever else we recruited into the cult along the way (I don't recall, but the names listed -excluding myself- were the Pirates) in Pirates 3.
    I was a late recruit into this one.
    If there has been another game that ended in flawless victory, I don't know of it, but then again there's plenty that I don't know.
    And now I need to do some laundry and get the hell outta here.
    Yes, go wash ye self, dirty wolf lover! (...or was that Wolfmother? I can never remember...)
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

17. - Top - End - #197
    Halfling in the Playground

Black iron castle or whatever it was was pretty close to a flawless victory for team villager. I'm not sure if the wolves killed any good guy roles at all, but it was pretty much a whitewash after the baner baned me night 1 and the wolves decided to try to kill me night 1. Nice work, Aemoh.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

18. - Top - End - #198

The first game to end in a flawless victory was Werewolf III, in which the wolves were myself, Bookman, Death, Korith, and theChris. Meaning I also have multiple perfect games.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

I have to get myself one of those these days...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Difference is your lie could get me lynched because my claim was serious while like Alarra said, those baner claims were clearly jokes and highly unlikely to affect a lynch.
    I'm just glad the people in this game are using some logic rather than taking your word for it and lynch a mason just because you chose to claim that I'm not one
    But the white font! D:

21. - Top - End - #201

Quote Originally Posted by Jontom Xire View Post
    Black iron castle or whatever it was was pretty close to a flawless victory for team villager. I'm not sure if the wolves killed any good guy roles at all, but it was pretty much a whitewash after the baner baned me night 1 and the wolves decided to try to kill me night 1. Nice work, Aemoh.
    Jontom, the seer was convinced he was the devil, and was lynched as a result. Also, I think most of the masons died.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hyozo View Post
    Jontom, the seer was convinced he was the devil, and was lynched as a result. Also, I think most of the masons died.
    Do I even want to know why the seer thought he was the devil?

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, we made quite a mess of the masons, and managed to get Kaboose lynched before he realised he wasn't the Devil, and I was.

Unfortunately Griever, the Wolf Alpha, had chosen people he was friendly with, such as myself and Reinholdt. Once he was found out we fell like a house of cards.
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2009-07-10 at 10:10 AM.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

I still don't get how you could pull that off. Did he not know his role or something? Did he not get a role PM that said "You are the seer!" or anything of the sort? My brain is having trouble grappling with the concept of convincing someone who knows their role that they aren't actually that role.

25. - Top - End - #205

Unfortunately Griever, the Wolf Alpha, had chosen people he was friendly with, such as myself and Reinholdt. Once he was found out we fell like a house of cards.
    Wasn't Reinholdt the fool? I think you might be confusing him with Recaiden who, as I remember, was one of you. Also, I know Murska was on your team, since the constant was created in the post-game banter of that one.
    Last edited by Hyozo; 2009-07-10 at 09:54 AM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

You are right of course. And I died before Griever...wow, what a memory I have.

...I need to go home!

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

((I found some time to update...woot!))

The Valiant Turtle was running late. This was not a good thing, not when there was money involved. Most of Old Man Moon’s stuff had probably been given out already and he had his eye on the 60 inch plasma in the drawing room.

“I’m late, I’m late, for a very important…plasma screen TV…”

“What ho chaps! Look at that, a talking turtle!”
    “That’s not Uncle Valiant is it?”
    “Possibly…do you think a turtle would fit in the clay pigeon shoot?”

A plasma TV wasn’t worth that…nothing was. The Valiant Turtle made a suitably Valiant dive for the estate gates, but his more sprightly relatives were too fast for him. They scooped him up and took him, still protesting, to the firing range.

“This is cruelty you know! I’ll get PETA onto you!”
    “Pipe down old fellow, clays don’t talk.”

The poor turtle was packed into the shoot, and Old Man Moons relatives readied their shotguns.

“Pull!”

The turtle went spinning through the air, and for a moment he knew what it was like to fly…

Then a shotgun shell turned him into a fine red mist.

“Good shot old bean!”
    “Now who’s for sherry?”

Summary

The Valiant Turtle was lynched. He was a Relative (Villager)

Night 1 begins now and will end on Sunday. Get your actions in to me ASAP
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2009-07-10 at 10:13 AM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

So... Turtle soup anyone?

29. - Top - End - #209

The young man looks up. "I'll take some turtle soup."
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

30. - Top - End - #210

Turtle soup? Ugh, no thank you.
    HP continues on her rum and coke diet.