New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Concordium

1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Concordium

a telepathic message comes floating in "I think any of us could take on a single ancient dragon, even me, and i'm not even a dancing weapon, Daken notes that it would be useful to have small claw or cut marks, he says there should be a few swords in the armory (unless someone remedies the situation, there are only 3 +1 longswords in our armory, but as we currently don't have 300 minions, we probably can get by on a vastly reduced armory) I think it's foolishness we should simply kill the lot of them, another note we'llbe out of my contact range soo-" the voice fades into a little bit of fuzz then disappears entirely

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aye Lazarus, I'm fairly certain I coul take a young Dragon. Not many of my spells destroy bodies. so there will be enough of them left to use as you see fit. I would like to wait for Zephyr's return before we attack. He is passing out some fliers for me. Cargean begins to head towards his tower, but turns back to Lazarus, One more thing. My knowledge of dragons is not nearly as encyclopedic as yours, are Copper Dragons one with Chaos?

Spoiler
    Show
    The fliers are offering 100 gp per Live shocker lizard brought to the castle.

Cargean is also trying to find out if the dragon's have the chaotic type or subtype
    Last edited by Falconknight06; 2009-07-01 at 05:46 PM.
    Halfling Monk (Avatar by Miss Nobody)
    Carpal tunnel has subsided, so I'm back hopefully

Spoiler: My games and characters
    Show
    Deralis Legan, the Half-Elf Marshal

Owlbear Hollow Mercenaries the game I'm running

3. - Top - End - #153

"You look like you've been on the bad end of his breath weapon. As for the claw marks, I don't actually carry a weapon. Looks like we're paying a visit to the armory."

Tom turns and walks back into Alcazar.
    If you need D20 optimization advice or real-life advice, my PM box is always open.
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    Hail unto thee Jalor, First Favoured of the Carbonation Gods!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syka View Post
    I now confess my undying admiration of Jalor. You are a god amongst men for that surprisingly subtle use of Firefly.

4. - Top - End - #154

Cluverius frowns slightly at this talk of how to kill the dragons. If we intend to dissect their corpses, I believe the method of killing shouldn't matter very much. Just limit yourselves to common magics. It must seem as though one nature priest and three burly warriors had done the deed.

5. - Top - End - #155

I have the power of the storm at my fingertips, something that nature priest wishes he did. Anything I do to the dragons will greatly resemble a Druid's attack, especially to the untrained eye.

Show

6. - Top - End - #156

Now in the armory, Tom grabs the nearest longsword. "I'm very weak physically, so I don't think I'll hurt you too badly. Just tell me when you're ready."

Spoiler
    Show
    Might as well roll damage now. Willing target means no attack rolls, so Tom is going to hit on all four swings. (4d8-4)[12] slashing damage.
    If you need D20 optimization advice or real-life advice, my PM box is always open.
    I now confess my undying admiration of Jalor. You are a god amongst men for that surprisingly subtle use of Firefly.

7. - Top - End - #157

When Daken reaches the village, he's going to pull up his hood (glamored helmet) and step into the bar he takes a seat by the bar, puts his head in his hand, and seems to fade in with the rest of the people he orders a beer, his bow not really concealed, he says to the barkeep, " 'ou got yerselfs any dragons hereabouts? (if the bartender got a really good look at my face last time, he needs to make a spot check against my +21 disguise check, other wise, he fails to recognize me) Or anyother dangerous monsters fo that mattah, a proffesional dragon slayer I be but i kin hunt ye any monster ye need removed ifin ye be needin that kind o service

----------
    my apologies for the atrocious accent but hey it's what every good out of town person speaks in isn't it?
    Last edited by Sissyphus; 2009-07-01 at 07:53 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158

Fierna returns to the meeting room with Gormengast in tow, the male devil walking a few steps behind with an ugly look on his face. She comes to stand at the old wizard's side and loops her arm through his. They're in the dungeons; I told them to wait until I came to get them. On the way back I noticed that Gormie was looking bored, so I invited him up here in case you needed us. I hope you don't mind?

Cluverius frowns and shakes his head distractedly. What? Oh, yes. Fine. His gaze falls on the male devil, who is staring at him with undisguised jealousy and loathing. Good grief, you really don't have the brains you were born with, do you? Keep looking at me like that and I'll wipe your mind and drop you at the gates of Celestia instead of setting you free. Now, we're going to kill some dragons. Do either of you need anything?

The two devils shake their heads, Gormengaust settling his features in a fixedly neutral position.

Right. Ordinary magical fire is acceptable, but don't go using hellfire on them. And Gormengast, shield our minds before we leave.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gormengast will use Mind Blank on the three of them before we go dragon hunting...whenever that is.

9. - Top - End - #159

Tom returns from injuring Eshalyn, seemingly in a hurry. "I am going to prepare spell components from the bodies of the mages. I will return shortly."

Spoiler
    Show
    He's making evil spell components, as detailed on p46 of the Book of Vile Darkness. Everything was preserved for 21 days by his castings of Gentle Repose on the bodies. To be specific, he will get 20 humanoid fingers, 2 humanoid hearts, and 2 humanoid brains. Those'll be in his Handy Haversack.

10. - Top - End - #160

BardGirl

ESHALYN

Eshalyn staggers back into the scrying pool room, and drops to the floor in front of Lazarus
    Dragons...in the countryside *cough, cough*...blood from her mouth one of them...attacked me and my group...barely got away from them smears the blood on her face we hadnt even done anything....must have been in their 'territory'...didnt even get a look at their color

She looks up at him and now could you arrange for a teleport for me...thats one spell thats missing from my collection
    Last edited by MikelaC; 2009-07-02 at 06:54 AM.

11. - Top - End - #161

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC View Post
    ESHALYN

Eshalyn staggers back into the scrying pool room, and drops to the floor in front of Lazarus
    Dragons...in the countryside *cough, cough*...blood from her mouth one of them...attacked me and my group...barely got away from them smears the blood on her face we hadnt even done anything....must have been in their 'territory'...didnt even get a look at their color

She looks up at him and now could you arrange for a teleport for me...thats one spell thats missing from my collection
    I believe I could take care of that my lady, Cargean says as sparks begin to fly from his fingertips.

Spoiler
    Show
    Greater Teleport to the outskirts of the town

Show

12. - Top - End - #162

Tom appears in the doorway once again, his sleeves smeared with blood."So when will we be doing the actual slaying?"
    Last edited by Jalor; 2009-07-02 at 11:27 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163

Cluverius glances at the devils, both of whom are rather obviously taking joy in Eshalyn's condition. In a day or two, I should think. Let's give the locals some time to really start worrying.

14. - Top - End - #164

"Might as well get that item crafting over with. Lazarus, let's go get that druid."

15. - Top - End - #165

See if you can get him to make me something that'll let me cast Faerie Fire as well. That spell is always good for a few laughs, Cargean yells to Tom and Lazarus as they head to where the Druid is.

Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Lazarus

Lazarus nodded. Before they went to go fetch the prisoners, though, he looked at the others. "Good idea. Oh, and when I'm done, did anyone want to keep him for anything? If not, I was going to pull out his soul to replace the one I'm using up. Might see if I can get him to sign a contract, or perhaps I'll just kill him and tear it out. Either way."

17. - Top - End - #167

"We were going to frame them for the slaying. Otherwise, there's nobody to blame when the dragons come calling. Copper dragons don't usually kill prisoners, so we can still kill them ourselves after they've outlived their purpose. And I'd prefer to keep two of the fighters' souls intact; intelligent yet weak-willed undead make perfect bodyguards. So no, you cannot harvest his soul yet."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Lazarus

Lazarus blinked for a moment. "Mmmm? ah, yes, the deception. I'd almost forgotten." He sighed. "Yes, I suppose it shall have to wait." He shrugged a little, then moved off to begin the process of turning a handful of raw components into an item of magical power.

19. - Top - End - #169

BardGirl

ESHALYN

Eshalyn moves around the outskirts of the town so that she enters from a different direction than Daken did. She moves into the town, finding an establishment that has a good number of people in it, but hopefully not the same one that Daken is in. She staggers in, clearly in mortal distress.

(1d20+28)[42] Bluff check for the "performance"

20. - Top - End - #170

Getting no response from the bartender, Daken picks up his Liquor and steps outside, To look around the streets for Another bar (he doesn't pay for the beer)
    listen check for the commotion stirred up by Eshalyns arrival:
    (1d20+6)[8]
    not much to hear there, hopefully it's a very loud noise then, eh?
    Hide check, so the barkeep doesn't know I'm ripping him off
    (1d20+14)[24]
    Well I don't think he'll notice, with the hubub of a full bar to distract him.
    Last edited by Sissyphus; 2009-07-02 at 05:33 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171

Cargean hurries quickly to the scrying pool as soon as Eshalyn disappears Pool, I need you to show me the beautiful Eshalyn and waits until her image appears. I hope nothing happens to her

Cargean is readying an action that at the first sign of trouble, he is going to teleport to Eshalyn and then teleport them both away.
    Last edited by Falconknight06; 2009-07-02 at 05:44 PM.

Show

22. - Top - End - #172

While Lazarus and the druid work to craft the item, Tom chatters animatedly. "...and they were all staring in awe, they couldn't believe I'd killed the high priest-no, channel it into the item, you twit-but they were so sure of themselves, they attacked me after I dismissed the spell. See they wanted to believe I killed him, just because it was their first thought. They find out everything they-okay, you can stop that now-thought was true really wasn't they way it seems, and they can't deal with it. So I made them deal with it. And that's when I realized..."

Azazel, hovering not far away, whispers to Lazarus "Yeah, he gets like this sometimes. Few days from now, he's going to give a totally different version of this anecdote with a different personality. I'd follow him to Elysium and back, but he's completely insane. Except, you know, when he's the sensible one and I'm babbling like an allip."

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

at ehayln's apperans, there are screams of "OH MY GOD!" and "GET THAT GIRL SOME HELP!" also "DAMN, THOSE LOOK LIKE DRAGON WOUNDS! seconds later priests rush in and start fussing and healing and asking questions ect. one asks you what happened?
    Last edited by teh_meh; 2009-07-02 at 10:31 PM.
    Un-expected spanish inquisition avatar by Half_Halfling

Spoiler
    Show

When people say "life is short". What the h*ll??? Life is the longest d*mn thing anyone ever does!!! What can you do thats longer? - unkown

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." --J. Danforth Quayle

"Sanity is a small price to pay for happiness." --Marabeth Madsen

"I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it." --Unknown

24. - Top - End - #174

Cluverius is still in the meeting room, watching Eshalyn's performance in the scrying pool. As the priests come running over, he begins to mutter to nobody in particular. Priests. Damn. We can't leave the situation too long, or one of them might try to contact the coppers directly. That wouldn't be good at all. We'll have to accelerate our plans. Send in our spokesman tomorrow, announce that we've found good-hearted champions to parlay with the beastie. That should stop the priests from thinking they need to get involved. He raises his voice slightly. Did we decide who was going to be our spokesperson?

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Lazarus

Lazarus merely nodded as he worked. Giles stood nearby, impassive as always, handing him tools. In point of fact, Giles had been the one to to the mundane shaping - the man was a genius when it came to craftsmanship, his supreme competence as evident there as in all his other endeavors. Lazarus simply let Tom talk, interjecting a small question or noise of agreement here and there to make it clear he was listening, but not bothering to contribute much to the conversation, focused as his attention was.

26. - Top - End - #176

BardGirl

ESHALYN

As people rush in to help, Eshalyn promptly swoons and pretends to faint.
    (1d20+28)[43] Bluff check
    When they 'revive' her
    it was awful...we never had a chance...they came without warning...no threats, no challenges, no warnings to retreat from wherever we were...they didnt even try to talk to us...some people say some dragons are good, but its not true...when it comes right down to it, all dragons think of us as worthless for anything other than food
    Eshalyn continues to wince and flinch whenever a priest touches her to apply healing, turning a 'pain-ravaged' face to each in turn
    my comrades...they were eaten...i saw it happen...blood and... she shudders at the 'memory' they deserve to be avenged...they cant be saved now, nothing left in the dragons belly...the dragons need to pay

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

the priests look worried, and several return to the church to converse...
    Un-expected spanish inquisition avatar by Half_Halfling

Spoiler
    Show

When people say "life is short". What the h*ll??? Life is the longest d*mn thing anyone ever does!!! What can you do thats longer? - unkown

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." --J. Danforth Quayle

"Sanity is a small price to pay for happiness." --Marabeth Madsen

"I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it." --Unknown

28. - Top - End - #178

Daken steps out, upon finding the crowd he works his way to the center, with his hood still pulled up, doing his best to look slightly mysterious, When he sees the wounds, he Says, Weel, eem uh trained Dragon huntah, and I'd haf to say det dat looks like the wounds of them Bronze Dragons, nasty beasties dey are, just strike wi'out warnin and they kin soitantly do a numbah on the unprepahed. (again, the accent is part of his disguise, neither i nor The character actually approve of the brogue)
    my bluff check, if i need one, after all Bronze dragons do swoop out of nowhere to strike those they believe are evil, so I'm only leaving some information out, not outright lying
    (1d20+1)[21]
    wow, natural 20
    Last edited by Sissyphus; 2009-07-03 at 10:58 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179

Cargean, watching the scene unfold, realizes what just happened, Oh no, he said Bronze Dragon, those were Copper Dragon's we saw. He either ruined his dragon hunter credibility or now we have to find a bronze dragon to kill. Damnit! Cargean yells, firing off a small bit of lightning at a fly in the room, destroying it utterly.

Show

30. - Top - End - #180

Daken, Catching his own istake immediatly stammers out Crap, ever since dat dragon nailed me in de head i've been wandering in me own thoughts, ya know, jus sorta drifitin off and sayin the wrong things, wounds like that are Copper dragon work, not bronze (He's going to use the Chamelon ring to add a massive scar to the side of his face) Both are vicious little buggahs, but the copper dragons are even worse, they attack anyone and anything for any reason, as he does this, daken whips off his hood revealing the scar
    Last edited by Sissyphus; 2009-07-03 at 11:58 PM.