New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Vampire the Masquerade: Monsters can be Heroes, Heroes can be Monsters

Its a Fancy Dress party of Wolves in Sheep's clothing and although your not invited you have a rather important role in this dark night. You're the Security Detail and your being payed quite well. Your watching over a meeting between Kuei-jin and Camarilla Princes in a rather Lavish 3 story Italian Restaurant on the corner of McCalister and Jeffries Streets, you are stationed on the opposite corner in an apartment complex, You can see Prince Taylor, a young-looking but scarred Scottish from the times long past, himself just arrived; stepping out of his Limo: He looks right at your position and you hear his orders echo in your mind in his harsh accent:

“Whatever happens; if those Sea-Snakes try and take me; Make the ****ers pay. If they try to kill me: Make the ****ers pay, if they try to pull a Gun, shiv or a Booger from their blimey noses I want them twice as dead as they already are... I want to see their ashes fly by!... or whatever they do when they're gone for good...and then I want you to get the **** out of there.”

He moves into the building and his Limo moves away, the Kuei-Jin Limo moving into its place.

Gordon Creed is manning the Sniper Rifle, Dr David Katz is on his computer checking out all Angles with the security Cameras of which he spent all of last night putting into position.

It is asumed that you have all known each other for sometime as many of you have taken the liberties to intertwine your character stories at some point, if you are not one of the 'We met up before-hand' guys this is your chance to get to know your fellow Vampires.
    Last edited by SilverSheriff; 2009-07-02 at 07:07 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Vampire the Masquerade: Monsters can be Heroes, Heroes can be Monsters

A green eye fills the sniper rifle's delicate scope, it doesn't blink, just a stare.
    "Looks like a swanky place, private room of course."
    Gordon pulls his head up and looks at his fellow Damned. The rooftop is dim but the look on his face still stands out, apprehension.

"These Easterners might look like us but that goes as far as the dinner table from what I know. What's to talk about beside who is gonna be staying in this city....?"
    The scope is adjusted further to compensate for the light draft and Gordon lays still, which isn't hard when breathing isn't a necessity.

"So uh, why did you guys get thrown together in this little trump card? I just flew from Brazil to meet with our jolly contractor and I get dumped here."
    Et ignotas animum dimittit in artes

3. - Top - End - #3

ElfPirate

Default Re: Vampire the Masquerade: Monsters can be Heroes, Heroes can be Monsters

Through the Sniper-Rifles scopes you see the many well-payed Ghoul Policemen, you think they might have the Whole Local Cop-Shop down here for this party.
    Last edited by SilverSheriff; 2009-07-02 at 07:49 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

David

Where Gordon is watching the scene unfold through a sniper's scope, David is watching through a very different point of view: the screen of his laptop (military ruggedized, of course) holds a cascade of about a dozen windows, showing the scene unfold from every angle imaginable. He curses softly as he attempts to reduce some of the graininess from the images; darkness ruined even the best camera, and IR was obviously out.

For a moment, he ponders trying to discretely borrow one of the RAAF's recon drones patrolling the waters off the Coral Sea, or maybe even hop onto the American recon satellite in geosynchronous orbit above Sydney; the military never skimps on night vision. Still, the risks involved - however small - would be too great, and keeping a low profile was always in fashion.

If he notices Gordon's comment, he doesn't show it, but just continues tapping away at his on-the-fly night vision filter.
    Avatar: Dave the Drone Rigger, by Brickwall

5. - Top - End - #5

ElfPirate

Roll an Alertness+Perception check please.
    Last edited by SilverSheriff; 2009-07-02 at 08:01 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Pants_Guy View Post
    Roll an Alertness+Perception check please.
    Spoiler
    Show

David's not really the most observant guy. Maybe we should have thought about that before putting him on surveillance...

(3d10)[4][3][7](14)

7. - Top - End - #7

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Minchandre View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

David's not really the most observant guy. Maybe we should have thought about that before putting him on surveillance...
    You Notice a couple of Thugs on one of your cameras, on closer inspection they just appear to be normal Humans who fashion themselves American Street Thugs. They are wearing Uniform Red Hoodies and Bandanas nearly everywhere. 2 of them are wearing Tracksuit pants and one is wearing dark Blue jeans.

You can't help but laugh at how pathetic Fashion is these Warm Summer Nights.

success.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Feel Free to ask someone else to observe your cameras.
    Last edited by SilverSheriff; 2009-07-02 at 08:14 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Alex kicks his foot against the wall as he leans into it. He hums a few bars of a little known musical and decides to double check their weapons. He kicks off the wall and walks over to the equipment.
    Chaotic Evil Orc Barbarian as my character of choice since 2002.
    Current Josiah, God of Decay Avatar by Akrim.elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Black Blur ™ By kpenguin Full Orc Barbarian By Qwernt

9. - Top - End - #9

ElfPirate

You've neatly packed the neccisities into a duffle Bag.

2 Sawn-Offs, 2 Pistols, a couple of Magazines and shells amounting to at least 30 Shells per shotgun and 10 magazines of 12 Bullets.

there are also a 4 radios which you can use to contact the Ground-Crew.

(I'd also like to note that since Satyr hasn't replied to the the main thread he isn't in the room)
    Last edited by SilverSheriff; 2009-07-02 at 08:22 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

success.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Feel Free to ask someone else to observe your cameras.
    Spoiler
    Show

What, and let someone else touch his computer? Like that's gonna happen.

Anyway, is it safe to assume that David doesn't make the connection between "lots of bandanas" and "probably concealing weapons" like I do?

"Thugs," David announces suddenly, sounding like a BBC anchor, "A few of them scattered about. Not much of a threat, I suspect, but the Kuei-Jin are nothing if not resourceful; someone might wish to keep an eye on them."

After a moment, he adds, tipping his hat, "And look how they're dressed! Time was my mates and I would have shown them the error of their ways."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Alex tuts to himself at the lack of swords and checks to make sure the guns each have a full clip and a round or shell chambered. He cracks a smile at David's critique of the thugs.

Now, Dave we've got to move above simply pounding on the miserable little proles.
    Last edited by Obscurejones; 2009-07-02 at 08:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Minchandre View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

What, and let someone else touch his computer? Like that's gonna happen.

Anyway, is it safe to assume that David doesn't make the connection between "lots of bandanas" and "probably concealing weapons" like I do?
    They could possibly cary anything more than a Knife or 2 each, maybe 1 gun which would be shared between the 3 of them, one of the Tracksuit pants wearing kids seems to give off a 'I've used a Gun once in my life before' Vibe, nothing too serious.

The Street Thugs might as well have been sitting in the Plushie Isle of the local Toy Store.
    Last edited by SilverSheriff; 2009-07-02 at 08:35 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

ElfPirate

You start wondering what your Tremere Ally (Chris) might have in his pockets.

Gordon and David notice the Kuei-jin Leader stepping out of Her Limo, Christian is looking over David's shoulder and Alex gets a good glance at David's Computer screen as well as the room goes Quite in contempt.

You'd probably find her kind of attractive if she wasn't Kuei-jin.
    Last edited by SilverSheriff; 2009-07-02 at 08:47 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

David just glares at Alex for the use of the nickname, not deigning to dignify him with a response. As the others start crowding around him, he shoos them back, "Give me some space, gents. Feel free to look, but recall that looking may be done from a distance.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Alex gives a low whistle.

That's a pleasant Sea-Snake. He shrugs and returns to inspecting the weapons.

Crazy should happen soon, if it happens. He lets his gaze wander as he thinks.

Or a bit later, after she's settled in if it's an ambush. Or a third party. Course if it's Sabbat there's a chance they'll just drive a truck through the first floor and let Cain sort 'em out... He trails off.

Should happen soon.
    Last edited by Obscurejones; 2009-07-02 at 08:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16

ElfPirate

Its almost funny, You'd confuse her for an Assamite any other time. She is of Middle Eastern Background, or possibly even just a very saucy-looking North Indian Girl of about 23 with very lightly tanned skin, Supermodel material if it weren't for being a Kuei-jin.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Gordon spits down the side of the building
    "Seductress, she conceals her inner taint."

The barrel of the sniper rifle slowly goes over each of the thugs heads and it's wielder lets out a soft "pow" each time.

"Why don't you guys in the back get closer to the building to make yourselves useful. Grab a radio and we will contact you with pertinent info; no more ogling the harlot."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Alex chuckles and grabs a radio.

I like harlots. They bleed quicker. He does a slow shuffle and sings a little under his redundant breath as he heads to the door.

Way I see it... ogling part of the job tonight. He opens the door and pauses in the threshold.

Want me to clear out the thugs just in case?
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Gordon sighs and turns away from the rifle.
    "Your call, or you could throw um a couple bucks and they will probably bend over backwards for us."
    Last edited by Raider; 2009-07-02 at 10:02 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Alex laughs and skips down the steps as he loads the shotgun and tucks it under his arm.

Money, Money must be funny, in a rich mans world... He hops out into the street and start walking towards the thugs still singing. As he walks he uses his free hand to pull his hair back and hold it there with a scrunchy. He speaks at the thug in the jeans.

Evening your holiness. How hangs thy hammer?
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Obscurejones View Post
    Alex laughs and skips down the steps as he loads the shotgun and tucks it under his arm.

Money, Money must be funny, in a rich mans world... He hops out into the street and start walking towards the thugs still singing. As he walks he uses his free hand to pull his hair back and hold it there with a scrunchy. He speaks at the thug in the jeans.

Evening your holiness. How hangs thy hammer?
    "What you talkin' 'bout bro? You bein' a Smartass?" the Thug says in an all too-tough tone, begging to be knocked down a peg. His entourage snap to attention in a sloppy military-esque fashion. As previously stated they are all wearing the same Horribly Bandanna-Covered Hoodies. You can see what appears to be a handle of a knife sticking out from his pants, uncomfortably close to his line and tackle.

-----------------------------------------
    The Kuei-jin Leader takes a while standing by her car as she appears to be talking on her Mobile-Phone, You find this very disrespectful since Prince Taylor has gone out of his comfort zone to meet in Neutral territory to meet the 'Sea-Snake'. He'd would rather of met within a Trashy Fast Food restaurant inside of Camarilla territory, although you could not picture Him sitting in your Local Burger King/Hungry Jacks pretending to sip on a Coke in his expensive leathers.

She finally hangs up on whoever she is talking to and makes her way into the classy Restaurant.

The Lady knows how to keep a Guy waiting.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Gordon sees her speaking on the phone through the scope and stares at the device.

He feels his mind open to the world around him and notices his pupils flux in size. His entire body remains motionless but his spirit reaches outwards.
    I wonder who this wretch was hissing to....
    With the scope still firmly planted on the corpse's cell, Gordon attempts to make out the number of the caller.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 1 Auspex active. Roll to make out the caller Perception+Alertness=5
    (1d10)[5] (1d10)[2] (1d10)[7] (1d10)[4] (1d10)[8]
    Last edited by Raider; 2009-07-02 at 11:58 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

ElfPirate

It's a Local and very well known "Gentleman's" club, an Asian Themed Gentlemen's Club.
    Probably best not to try calling them yourselves.
    Last edited by SilverSheriff; 2009-07-03 at 12:10 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

So the sluts bag is old mortals grabbing at her rotting flesh...cute.

Gordon's spirit slowly retreats back into him and his heightened view recedes.
    "Maybe now that they're both in the complex this courtesy can be begin, might as well soften them up before we push them into the bay."

Gordon grins and strokes the rifle.
    Purge them, burn away their existence!

25. - Top - End - #25

ElfPirate

The moon seems to have a bit of a red tinge to it to night. A voice from the deepest darkest corners of your mind(s) speaks as you make faces at the Kuei-Jin's Ghouls Below as they stand there oblivious to the Sniper Team ready to take them out at any time.

Your finding it rather difficult to keep an eye on your Ventrue friend and the Kuei-jin.

(Working on MSPaint maps for you guys, gonna post them in the New OOC thread)
    Last edited by SilverSheriff; 2009-07-03 at 01:29 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

"What you talkin' 'bout bro? You bein' a Smartass?" the Thug says in an all too-tough tone, begging to be knocked down a peg. His entourage snap to attention in a sloppy military-esque fashion. As previously stated they are all wearing the same Horribly Bandanna-Covered Hoodies. You can see what appears to be a handle of a knife sticking out from his pants, uncomfortably close to his line and tackle.
    Alex raises an eyebrow at the vernacular. Afraid I need you boys to move down the road a spell. I've got some business I'm looking after and I'd appreciate it if you weren't near it. He sets the shotgun on the ground and gestures at the knife. You've got three seconds to start running and then I take the knife from you and do scary things.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27

ElfPirate

They pull their Knives.

"Wut now Cracka?"
    Last edited by SilverSheriff; 2009-07-03 at 11:55 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Alex blanches slightly as blood pours from his face to his ligaments.
    Bad move. Real bad move. As the blood fortifies Alex's frame he lashes out at the nearest thug moving to take the knife from his hand.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Two blood to dex one to strength.(1d10)[5](1d10)[1](1d10)[1](1d10)[1](1d10)[6](1d10)[3](1d10)[8]

And likely stabs himself.
    Last edited by Obscurejones; 2009-07-04 at 09:09 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29

ElfPirate

You punch the wall, really hard, dropping the knife as you reflexively grab at your hand in agony, during this you trip in your shoes headbutting one of the thugs, breaking his nose and sending the bone further into his skull killing him instantly.

The other two lunge at you with their knives, one of them just manages to stab your Jacket just missing you, the other at you stabs you and... please make a Dodge + Dexterity roll.
    Last edited by SilverSheriff; 2009-07-04 at 12:11 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Gordie searches for the pair throughout the building with his scope but they seem to have retreated beyond normal sight.
    "David, can you spy the Scot and the Snake from your tech? Don't want the old boy to crumble to ash."

While he can not find his targets, Gordon does see Alex wrestling with the locals. He chuckles.