New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: KataraAltinaII's Premature Not So Short & To-The-Point Random Banter #130

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Great, now I'm trying to remember what F of X means after realizing that it wasn't simply a commutative axiom being suspended.
    It just means F is a function with respect to variable X. *thumbs up*
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: KataraAltinaII's Premature Not So Short & To-The-Point Random Banter #130

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    It's my Birthday today.

I can legally drink in the States now. Go me.
    Destro's younger than me as well? Huh.

ION: Last night, I had a dream about the Joker and some bounty hunter fighting because they were both trying to catch the same marmoset. With crossbows. Also the Joker was working with Acheron Hades and after they called an uneasy truce, a group of girls having a slumber party were somehow incorporated into events...
    *Is confused.*
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    @DD: I know its 16 in Netherlands. That's kinda scary if you ask me.
    I've been drinking since I was 16 (illegally since drinking age back home was 18, but no one really cares) and I'm perfectly fine.

Happy birthday Destro!

4. - Top - End - #1204

On behalf of the men of the playground: hawt.

Or was that the puerile, lascivious, and vile?
    Buh?

I am surprisingly miffed. The one series of lectures I really wanted to go to starts at ten o'clock on Wednesdays.
    My tute is half ten every Wednesday. So I can't go and'll have to copy notes of someone who does go.
    The other set of lectures I was looking forward to was at twelve . . . only the entire series has been cancelled for some unknown reason.
    Meaning that Wednesdays now contain only one tutorial and one class.
    The worst part is that I couldn't even go grocery shopping because we weren't informed about the cancellation untl we'd been waiting politely for half an hour and then I went to Hall for lunch (mini - rant about that later) and I've been reading articles and things for reading material for my class an planning out my next essay. Also it means I have no lectues at all on Wednesday because nothing else really strikes my interest. Thursday and Friday by comparison are going to be busy.
    Can't even do my washing until after the class finishes.

Okay, cue the mini - rant.
    The meals are enormous. You pay something between £2 - 3 and you get (or choose a mix of):
    soup; a hot main; a hot dessert/a cold dessert; unlimited salad, cold cuts of meat and pasta; unlimited fruit and unlimited yoghurts. Plus water.
    That's up to six courses!
    But I tend to only get three courses (main, dessert/yoghurt and the salad bar stuff) and even then it's ridiculously filling. I've been barely eating for dinner because I'm never hungry so I get a teeny snack or something.
    Breakfast and Early Supper/Formal are the same, but Formal's worse.
    I think the reason you never hear about someone failing out of Oxbridge is that the Fellows and lecturers are all secretly cannibals and feast upon people who don't meet their high expectations.

Also I need a Hallowe'en costume for the Hallowe'en BOP. Any suggestions?

EDIT:

*BIRTHDAY BOOGIE*
    for Destro!
    Many happy returns my fishy friend.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-10-14 at 08:27 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Titan in the Playground

You're complaining because you're getting more food for less money?

Also, perhaps exercise more? No idea how much Curleh exercises, but more exercise = more energy burned = want moar energy = digestive system not giving enough = want moar food.

Or share meals with friends? (And that way meals would be even cheaper! >.>
    Not to mention that you can be pickier in what you eat...)
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2009-10-14 at 08:49 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Fostire View Post
    I've been drinking since I was 16 (illegally since drinking age back home was 18, but no one really cares) and I'm perfectly fine.

Happy birthday Destro!
    Let's just say I don't want to talk about this because I believe that its against the forum rules to talk about illegal activities, yes?

Math class is over. Lots of questions answered. Ya! English class at 10:30PM Also ya! (the class, not the time. The timing is icky).

edit:
    You're complaining because you're getting more food for less money
    I think she's complaining that they are charging her for food she doesn't eat. I'd be annoyed to. Stuff like that would probably cause me to overeat.
    Last edited by toasty; 2009-10-14 at 08:51 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So, depending on where I'm at (the American Club is 21, but everywhere else'll be like 18 probably) I technically will be able to buy alcohol once I turn 18 (next month) but its EXPESNIVE. I looked at the prices at one hotel here and I was like DAMN I'm not buying this stuff... (I think forget what they were charging... but it was well over $10 for a shot of whiskey or something).
    See, that's why you leave the hotel to procure alcohol, my good sir. Only people wishing to throw away money or something else actually use hotel liquor.

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Last night, I had a dream about the Joker and some bounty hunter fighting because they were both trying to catch the same marmoset. With crossbows. Also the Joker was working with Acheron Hades and after they called an uneasy truce, a group of girls having a slumber party were somehow incorporated into events...
    *Is confused.*
    Did they die most deliciously horribly?

Koorly: You're learning about decadence and what looks good and you aren't making the connection as to why someone would make a dirty(ish) reference about it?

Hmm. You know what a buffet is? Treat it like a pseudo buffet. It sounds like you've got a really good deal on meals though. I have to pay that much (give or take with conversion to dollars) just to get a single sandvich at this place I'm at right now. Which is just obscene. Since it's not like a fancy or large sandwich either. About the only way to make it cost effective is to get every kind of veggie, and as many meats'n'cheeses as they'll let slip through.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-10-14 at 09:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

8. - Top - End - #1208

Did they die most deliciously horribly?
    The slumber party? No. Characters are less consistent in my dreams than if I was actually writing a story. Also it's around that point my recollections get more confused.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

See, that's why you leave the hotel to procure alcohol, my good sir. Only people wishing to throw away money or something else actually use hotel liquor.
    Accept that Hotel is the only place I have easy access to that would, in theory, serve me alcohol in a month.

That being said, I think I can wait till college... its nothing special really. Soda does the job for a refreshing drink mostly. That and chocolate milk.

10. - Top - End - #1210

Accept that Hotel is the only place I have easy access to that would, in theory, serve me alcohol in a month.

That being said, I think I can wait till college... its nothing special really. Soda does the job for a refreshing drink mostly. That and chocolate milk.
    Okay, this is picky of me, but the definitions of the two homophones are completely different and you need to know:

Accept: to take or receive something offered
    Except: with the exclusion of

@Coid: the Curly one is a naive one.
    @DD: basically, even just the hot main and dessert is too much to eat, yet one feels that to get one's money's worth one has to clear one's plate. Also, sometimes the meal sizes are decpetively small and yet really filling.
    I hate leaving things on my plate, so I always clear it,yet it's occasionally a struggle to, hence my rant.
    I still think all the lecturers and Fellows are cannibals though.

Finally: another person in my corridor has/suspects she has swine 'flu. That's two out of six now.
    Hooray!

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Finally: another person in my corridor has/suspects she has swine 'flu. That's two out of six now.
    Hooray!
    Someone in my hometown died of swine flu on Sunday - the mother of my brother's friend. O.o

It's scarier than it was a week ago. To me, I mean.
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 2009-10-14 at 09:29 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Accept: to take or receive something offered
    Except: with the exclusion of
    And under normal cirumstances I would have caught that. But this is the internet, bad grammar (to a point) is exceptable

13. - Top - End - #1213

NecromancerGuy

^: Well, I guess I'll just have to take acception to you, sir.

Deary, I'm pretty sure she'd have to have had some kind of preexisting condition. But still that's a bit rough.

@Coid: the Curly one is a naive one.
    How'd you manage that one?

Maybe just skipping the dessert then and instead having a bit of roughage/fiber or yogurt for your wossname needs to supplement the main course.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-10-14 at 09:49 AM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #1214

And under normal cirumstances I would have caught that. But this is the internet, bad grammar (to a point) is exceptable
    Incorrect. Don't make me hurt you.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

15. - Top - End - #1215

. . .

No! No! Nonononononononononono!
    This. This, this cannot be.
    Grammar must be good no matter where you are. Eespecially on the internet as they only way you know someone is from how they write.
    Naturally, if someone's dyslexic or speaking Language B as a foreign language it's fine. But for laziness? No!
    toasty, as someone doing ENglish at uni my mind is very English and bookily orientated, look at my sig.
    I tend to leap in long discussion and defensive posts about aspects of English, books in all forms and general spelling and grammar. So it's not you, but me.

Now to a class! TTFN, tata for now!
    And if the people of the Playground don't know where that came from I'm upset and saddened.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Titan in the Playground

Eespecially
    >.> Caught that. >.>

Also me making grammar mistakes is fine? Cool.
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2009-10-14 at 09:54 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

17. - Top - End - #1217

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DD the Cookiemonster View Post
    >.> Caught that. >.>

Also me making grammar mistakes is fine? Cool.
    Nah, you've been here too long, your grace period has ended and now it's tough lovin' for you, young man.
    Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm also a grammar/spelling bully. Oh, how the mistake pain me. That said, I only just found out about split infinitives and I think making a fuss over that is silly. They're more poetic anyway.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

. . .

Grammar must be good no matter where you are. Eespecially on the internet as they only way you know someone is from how they write.
    Naturally, if someone's dyslexic or speaking Language B as a foreign language it's fine. But for laziness? No!
    toasty, as someone doing ENglish at uni my mind is very English and bookily orientated, look at my sig.
    I tend to leap in long discussion and defensive posts about aspects of English, books in all forms and general spelling and grammar. So it's not you, but me.

And if the people of the Playground don't know where that came from I'm upset and saddened.
    Okay, let me describe my grammar rules: when writing papers for school do what the teacher says. That usually means grammar is important. The rest of the time? It doesn't matter, I can have thoughts fly through my head so fast that everything becomes a blur and I stutter.

That being said, I try to have good grammar. But I'm not going to go crazy about it. If my thoughts typed out become unreadable, clearly I'm doing something wrong.

Edit: Can I point out that I'll probably end up an English major? I care about it, but I'm surrounded by HORRIBLE grammar/English in general. This doesn't help I believe.
    Last edited by toasty; 2009-10-14 at 10:09 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1220

NecromancerGuy

One does begin to wonder why you're there, yes.
    Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

One does begin to wonder why you're there, yes.
    My parent's work here. I moved when I was just turning 7, so I really didn't have much say in the matter.

I still love the country, despite the horrible English, corruption, pollution and general annoyingness of the nation (annoyingness is word I tell you!)

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ettin in the Playground

Why is it that people who know proper grammar using improper grammar intentionally can be rather adorable, but people who misuse grammar because they don't know how to use it correctly is always annoying?
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

23. - Top - End - #1223

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Why is it that people who know proper grammar using improper grammar intentionally can be rather adorable, but people who misuse grammar because they don't know how to use it correctly is always annoying?
    know the rules so you know the right way to break them.

Toasty: That just hurts my brain even more. What on earth do they do there?
    Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Because if they're doing it on purpose, at least you know that they know the correct grammar.

It's like when I see children writing "E" backwards... Well, not really, but it still annoys the Hell out of me.

25. - Top - End - #1225

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Because if they're doing it on purpose, at least you know that they know the correct grammar.

It's like when I see children writing "E" backwards... Well, not really, but it still annoys the Hell out of me.
    I hate when they do that. Makes me wanna beat 'em.
    Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ogre in the Playground

. . .

I wish I had the same mastery of the written word that you have Curly, I unwittingly make spelling and grammar errors left, right, and center. Thankfully when I type on this forum on my laptop my mistakes get underlined or I would regularly disgrace You all with spelling mistakes. I guess thats part of the reason I have low marks in English.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

know the rules so you know the right way to break them.

Toasty: That just hurts my brain even more. What on earth do they do there?
    NGO stuff. Health and Development.

Class in 2 minutes... ya! I love Sci-Fi Lit.

28. - Top - End - #1228

Quote Originally Posted by rpgsr4me View Post
    I wish I had the same mastery of the written word that you have Curly, I unwittingly make spelling and grammar errors left, right, and center. Thankfully when I type on this forum on my laptop my mistakes get underlined or I would regularly disgrace You all with spelling mistakes. I guess thats part of the reason I have low marks in English.
    Read. It all comes from reading. I'm a terrific bibliomaniac and have been since before I began school. It doesn't matter what: newspapers, DnD sourcebooks, instruction manuals for console/PC games, poetry, sci - fi, trashy Mills&Boons (romance), textbooks, celebrated 'classic literature', fanfiction, modern books, fantasy, comedy, biographies, essays. Just read.
    It made me. It my my various writing styles and it bleddy well made my spelling so good and my vocabulary so varied and 'advanced' for 'someone my age'.
    It's still my main hobby, and when writing, be it a forum post (whether it be my 'thing stalking Thufir' ones; my rambling rants, my defensive arguments etc); an essay; pastiches of genres/artists in stories and my shipfics; letters; emails and so on, it helps so much.

PEOPLE OF THE WORLD! READ!

@toasty: ODd that. I'm going to a sci-fi/fantasy bookclub later on tonight. And it does movie weeks too. I get to see Watchmen and Coraline. Today's tricky though:
    Which ten books (sci - fi/fantasy related) would you take with you to a desert island? An island from which you will never return for various, unexplained reasons.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-10-14 at 11:56 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

29. - Top - End - #1229

One of the ten would have to be Raftbuilding for Stranded Technophiles. I hear it's a great read.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Which ten books (sci - fi/fantasy related) would you take with you to a desert island? An island from which you will never return for various, unexplained reasons.
    Hmm...
    Lord of the Rings (it counts as one!)
    Memories of Ice, by Steven Erikson
    The Black Company by Glen Cook
    The Hitchhikers Guide ot the galaxy (I have the all in one version, so it counts as one. )
    Reaper's Gale by Steven Erikson
    Dune (?) I haven't read it but I want to
    That's six... hmm... I dunno what else. I seemed to have stopped reading since i entered high school, its sad really. I love reading, just don't seem to have time or it... I need to make time.

So yes, I have an exam on War of the Worlds this week. 49 points worth of questions, 51 points worth of essays (4 essays) all to be done in 1 hour 45 minutes.

Also: its 12:07AM; bed time.
    Last edited by toasty; 2009-10-14 at 12:03 PM.