New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: KataraAltinaII's Premature Not So Short & To-The-Point Random Banter #130

Quote Originally Posted by DD the Cookiemonster View Post
    My granddad, who has been suffering from brain cancer for over half a year now, with ups and downs.

He just got a really big down. He's got a couple of days to a week left.

And I just had to tell my brother that.

ouch...

sympathies, my friend, as that's about all I can do from however many hundredds of miles from where you live...
    "The Mormons were right."

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: KataraAltinaII's Premature Not So Short & To-The-Point Random Banter #130

Quote Originally Posted by KataraAltinaII View Post
    hahaha it's fine.

I never said PCs suck for gaming. I just said that it's not going to be my only system for gaming.

and yes, emulators are epic win.

"the best things in life are free".

so true in today's world...
    The PC sometimes sucks for gaming, like when they don't work!!

On that note does anybody know why my computer's graphics aren't working properly with a "good" video card and they work fine with a "bad" video card?

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rpgsr4me View Post

and that is precisely why I would never have a PC as my only method of gaming.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Ogre in the Playground

and that is precisely why I would never have a PC as my only method of gaming.
    I agree, although they have numerous good games, they are just not as reliable as the consoles. The problem I have these days is finding a good RPG for anything.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Orc in the Playground

I agree, although they have numerous good games, they are just not as reliable as the consoles. The problem I have these days is finding a good RPG for anything.
    I totally and wholeheartedly agree. there just aren't enough good RPGs out there.

as for consoles, the only time they give me trouble is when the discs are scratched. that was another thing I liked aobut the old Nintendo systems that had cartridges.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Ogre in the Playground

I totally and wholeheartedly agree. there just aren't enough good RPGs out there.

as for consoles, the only time they give me trouble is when the discs are scratched. that was another thing I liked aobut the old Nintendo systems that had cartridges.
    I'm a fanatic when it comes to protecting my discs from scratches, it gets hard sometimes considering I have 4 younger brothers.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Orc in the Playground

I'm a fanatic when it comes to protecting my discs from scratches, it gets hard sometimes considering I have 4 younger brothers.
    I have 4 younger brothers and two younger sisters.

I actually bought (yes, bought, not pirated ) another copy of Smash Bros. to protect it from them. they have my old copy now.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Ogre in the Playground

I have 4 younger brothers and two younger sisters.

I actually bought (yes, bought, not pirated ) another copy of Smash Bros. to protect it from them. they have my old copy now.
    Holy crap, I couldn't possible imagine having two younger sisters in addition to my brothers, they're a pain in the but as it is.

My brothers are all pretty much gamers as well so there not too bad but they can be careless at times.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Barbarian in the Playground

Snow in october.
    Also flooded pomerania and half of country doesn't have electricity.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Il'deav Ilah'naie View Post
    Snow in october.
    Also flooded pomerania and half of country doesn't have electricity.
    Dang that sucks, we have snow over here too but thats normal in Saskatchewan.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2009-10-15 at 11:58 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Orc in the Playground

Today was an outrageously cold day. Particularly in the morning. I think I was half frozen by the time I got to school.
    Spoiler
    Show
    IA Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

Catmuffin by Captain Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Ikari
    We're having pirate/steampunk combat outside a temporal rift to a goth club run by the Playground senate.

HOW ARE YOU BORED???

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Firbolg in the Playground

Last night was great! Firstly, the metting was from eight 'til ten; but we didn't leave until quarter to midnight.
    A large part of that was that we got distracted arguing about the books we wanted to bring. From what I remember the books that we chose were: Good Omens (twelve votes); Dune (eight); Lies of Locke Lamora (nine); 1984 (despite my many protestation (eight)); Snow Crash (seven); A Game of Thrones (seven); the Alice books and some others who I've forgotten.
    And then we played Werewolf, and that was my first ever live game; 'twas fun.

And in an hour I leave for my first Gilbert and Sullivan Society meeting. We're going to a pub. To sing through Gondoliers.
    And by the way, we're definitely doing Ruddigore in Hilary which is rather strange.

ION:
    I did my first ever load of laundry today! It'd have been earlier, but the laundry card machine was broken. Twice.
    I went grocery shopping today! And I had an actual dinner dinner for dinner.
    I went to the most amazing lecture today (it was better than the other one)! It was on Old English and the lecturer was amazing.
    I did some reading for my next essay.
    And a third person in my building has suspected swine 'flu.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ogre in the Playground

Gilbert and Sullivan! I used to love that when I was a kid!

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Yikes I hope you don't get sick.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Nobody View Post
    Today was an outrageously cold day. Particularly in the morning. I think I was half frozen by the time I got to school.
    *wraps in blankie, snuggles warmer*... =\

The one good thing about living here is it's never cold. But you will die of heatstroke in the summer. >.>

Where is Nobodyland?
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    *wraps in blankie, snuggles warmer*... =\

The one good thing about living here is it's never cold. But you will die of heatstroke in the summer. >.>

Where is Nobodyland?
    It is the massive city with only one occupant, Miss Nobody

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Firbolg in the Playground

Good Omens (twelve votes); Dune (eight);
    Excellent choices, I agree. Nineteen Eighty-Four and the Alice books are also ones I considered. Haven't heard of the others.

Always (Since I started playing) wondered how that works, since it seems so neatly set up for forum play.

And in an hour I leave for my first Gilbert and Sullivan Society meeting. We're going to a pub. To sing through Gondoliers.
    And by the way, we're definitely doing Ruddigore in Hilary which is rather strange.
    Go to pub, sing. Seems to be the standard G&S society activity.
    In an hour I leave for my audition HMS Pinafore.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Ogre in the Playground

Dang that sucks, we have snow over here too but thats normal in Saskatchewan.
    Hello from Manitoba... if it makes you feel any better we have had snow already too, but our freaky late burn of summer means all the leaves are still green and on the trees too. Did you get that on your end?

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Orc in the Playground

Last night was great! Firstly, the metting was from eight 'til ten; but we didn't leave until quarter to midnight.
    A large part of that was that we got distracted arguing about the books we wanted to bring. From what I remember the books that we chose were: Good Omens (twelve votes); Dune (eight); Lies of Locke Lamora (nine); 1984 (despite my many protestation (eight)); Snow Crash (seven); A Game of Thrones (seven); the Alice books and some others who I've forgotten.
    That's one great list of books. Good Omens and the Alice books are some of my favourites.
    Dune and 1984 are also great.
    Spoiler
    Show
    IA Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

We're having pirate/steampunk combat outside a temporal rift to a goth club run by the Playground senate.

HOW ARE YOU BORED???

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Titan in the Playground

You guys have snow? :O
    LUCKY!

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Hello from Manitoba... if it makes you feel any better we have had snow already too, but our freaky late burn of summer means all the leaves are still green and on the trees too. Did you get that on your end?
    Ya its exactly the same, it looks pretty bad.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Orc in the Playground

I'd rather freeze to death than die of a heatstroke. That's why I hate summer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    IA Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

HOW ARE YOU BORED???

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ogre in the Playground

ION:
    I did my first ever load of laundry today! It'd have been earlier, but the laundry card machine was broken. Twice.
    I went grocery shopping today! And I had an actual dinner dinner for dinner.
    I went to the most amazing lecture today (it was better than the other one)! It was on Old English and the lecturer was amazing.
    I did some reading for my next essay.
    Pfft. I bet it is fresher's flu. Swine flu is about but it's not that common. It's just dirty dirty students givin' each other the death germs is all.

Was the werewolf game sci fi and/or fantasy themed? If not why not. What kind of sci fi society is this. Do you have have a resident Angry Man? We have two, one happens to be a girl.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ogre in the Playground

After all, you can put on a jumper in winter, but there are no low-tech solutions that will keep you cool all the time.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Banned

On that note does anybody know why my computer's graphics aren't working properly with a "good" video card and they work fine with a "bad" video card?
    Feel free to jump in and correct me if I've got a step wrong, but hopefully after the number of times I've had to do some variation of these, the instructions have stuck. . .

Problem: "Good" video card cannot play new games.
    Solution: Download current drivers (the software that controls the video coming out of the graphics card) for graphics card. Copy currently-used drivers onto removable media, remove. Install new drivers. If graphics now won't work, use safe mode, uninstall new drivers, re-install old ones from removable media.

Problem: "Good" video card cannot play old games.
    Solution: Use Google to pry around old discussion boards until someone mentions an out-of-date driver release which is guaranteed to work. Download out-of-date driver, copy currently-used ones, proceed as above.

Problem: "Good" video card cannot play old games.
    Additional Info: Windows Vista installed.
    Solution: Download and install DirectX 9.whichever. Windows Vista comes with DirectX10 only. 9 and 10 can both be installed, and the individual programs will choose which one they need to use.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, at least that way there's a chance your body would be preserved in the cold so that some scientist in the future can bring you back to life. In the heat you would just rot away.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ettin in the Playground

I agree. Plus, freezing can be counteracted with snuggles. Overheating cannot. v.v

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Titan in the Playground

I agree. Plus, freezing can be counteracted with snuggles. Overheating cannot. v.v
    Yes, but overheating can be counteracted with naked raves.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    Pfft. I bet it is fresher's flu. Swine flu is about but it's not that common. It's just dirty dirty students givin' each other the death germs is all.
    True. More than a dozen of my friends from school had a case of flu lately, but it wasn't Swine Flu.

...Or was it?

DUN! DUN! DUNNNN!

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless
    Yeah, at least that way there's a chance your body would be preserved in the cold so that some scientist in the future can bring you back to life. In the heat you would just rot away.
    This. Is. WIN.
    Spoiler
    Show
    IA Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

HOW ARE YOU BORED???

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Yes, but overheating can be counteracted with naked raves.
    You can use naked raves to warm up, too. Allow me to explain by example. *absconds with*

...is it bad that now I'm hoping that years in the future, scientists discover a group of frozen corpses clad only in glowsticks?