New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: KataraAltinaII's Premature Not So Short & To-The-Point Random Banter #130

No, I'm a poor student so I bought a cheapish sandwich spread from Sainsburys because I was too lazy to walk half an hour and get hopelessly lost looking for Tescos.
    It's chicken, bacon and sweetcorn in a vaguely mayonnaise based spread.

ION: I'm already a tenth into my essay. Thanks Playground!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: KataraAltinaII's Premature Not So Short & To-The-Point Random Banter #130

For those of you on tenterhooks: it's over. Bastard ambushed me on the ring road 5 minutes before the safe time.

Knew I should have cut through the park.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1413

Is it wrong that I find Morty's hallowe'en avatar just a teensy bit attractive?

I mean... FORGET I SAID ANYTHING.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    No, I'm a poor student so I bought a cheapish sandwich spread from Sainsburys because I was too lazy to walk half an hour and get hopelessly lost looking for Tescos.
    It's chicken, bacon and sweetcorn in a vaguely mayonnaise based spread.

ION: I'm already a tenth into my essay. Thanks Playground!
    Mmmm... sanwich.

Nameless usualy has a sandwich with humus and a bag of crisps for lunch.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I've been a student for only two weeks and a half, so I've yet to discover the full beauty of this kind of food. But I eat a lot of bagels.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Is it wrong that I find Morty's hallowe'en avatar just a teensy bit attractive?

I mean... FORGET I SAID ANYTHING.
    *backs away slowly*
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Titan in the Playground

Also; one of the members there only turned eighteen today. And he's a second year undergraduate.
    So? What's so strange about that?

People in my year(this is first year of college, for those of you who don't know me that well) range from ages 15 to 24.

Also, Koorly, are you familiar with that english system, with A1 being lowest and C2 being highest?
    I'm trying to get my college to put toghetter some C level lessons.(I tested, got a avarage score of C1.)
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2009-10-16 at 12:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DD the Cookiemonster View Post

People in my year(this is first year of college, for those of you who don't know me that well) range from ages 15 to 24.

Also, Koorly, are you familiar with that english system, with A1 being lowest and C2 being highest?
    I'm trying to get my college to put toghetter some C level lessons.(I tested, got a avarage score of C1.)
    Hon, at a university, it's unusual. Both in the US and UK, because UK university corresponds to US college, and you're supposed to start at eighteen.

8. - Top - End - #1418

It means that he skipped two years of education somewhere along the way. And this is unusual because extremely few children in Britland ever skip grades.
    Eighteen is generally the youngest you can be before starting university over here unless you're from abroad and a child prodigy. Or Scotland in which case I believe they start university at seventeen.

Eh, unis have no maximum age requirement. No minimum age requirement either; but eighteen is the base normally. There's a thirty year old first year undergrad doing his first degree somewhere in one of the colleges near me.

Never heard of it.
    But C1's pretty good. Knew you were smarter than you said you were.
    I hope you get them, it's a shame to waste an intellect.

@Mort: I've only been a student for two weeks too. Just go to the nearest supermarket and there rest yur sandwiches spreads. Cheap, and if you spread it out fairly thin you can get six sandwiches out of them. Four for the chunkier spreads. This is running on the assumption that your tubs come in 250g tubs.

EDIT:
    @DeeRee: *flying glomp hug*
    How've you been?
    My lectures have been great. How've yours been?
    And I got my first thirty page reading list today, for a six week, six lecture series! And reading lists for every other essay and class I have.
    Hooray!

FURTHER EDIT:
    And I've noticed that my blockbuster language/linguistic/literary posts stop threads in their tracks. Yay!
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-10-16 at 12:44 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Banned

Dinner is minestrone soup made with drippings from the last beef roast. I forgot, however, that it was corned beef. If I am gibbering later in the evening, I'm suffering from salt overload and not to be held as accountable as usual. The lack of cooking facilities was not something I miss from college/university. Nothing says "inconvenience" like having to remove the minuscule sugar ants from the kitchen before every attempt. Some of us just burned them by turning on the stove and oven, then cooled it down and wiped off the arthropod crisp.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Barbarian in the Playground

Go ahead, it's been fifty threads since your last one, and da Goof deserves another one.
    Plus it can be on fire.
    Cassie'll be right at home.
    Thanks. FYI - I've never have started one in all my time here.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

11. - Top - End - #1421

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Thanks. FYI - I've never have started one in all my time here.
    Could've sworn you had.
    Nonetheless, it's far past the time that you had one!

da Goof gets the next thread! Two pages to go then.

@Quin: our rooms have nothing more advanced in them than a kettle. And my nearest kitchen has neither a grill nor an oven. Just a four hob stove.
    And I wanted to make myself cauliflower cheese, and pastries, and cookies. And pasties!

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Titan in the Playground

@Mort: I've only been a student for two weeks too. Just go to the nearest supermarket and there rest yur sandwiches spreads. Cheap, and if you spread it out fairly thin you can get six sandwiches out of them. Four for the chunkier spreads. This is running on the assumption that your tubs come in 250g tubs.
    My higher vocational school has a well-supplied canteen and bar luckily, so that's where I eat my dinners and buy snacks. I bring stuff from home too. I noticed I eat a whole lot less, though.
    Last edited by Morty; 2009-10-16 at 12:53 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

13. - Top - End - #1423

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    My higher vocational school has a well-supplied canteen and bar luckily, so that's where I eat my dinners and buy snacks. I bring stuff from home too. I noticed I eat a whole lot less, though.
    My college at uni has Hall for all three meals, but I only get lunch there, I cn eat breakfast far more cheaply in my room, same for dinners. And the reason fo eating less is that you can stretch out your supplies and money far more if you eat less.
    Frugal students make for thinnish students who can buy things they actually need.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

14. - Top - End - #1424

True. I think my college career meals consisted of Ramen, Mac n' Cheese, Cake (it was $1 a box at the time! - which I think is roughly 2.5 euroes?) and tuna. Fortunately I had friends who had an apartment-dorm - which had an oven.

plus everyday my first semester I had a chance to fill out a credit application to JCPenny's and get $2 free gift for applying. They didn't check ID's, nor were they any good at remembering who was there daily. Though I'm certain I wasn't the only campus student abusing them. That bought my lunch most days.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Summary:

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Banned

Supagoof, the euro bottomed out at $0.70 or so in '02. Right now, the euro is worth a tad more than double that. Vacation in USD zones.

Ah. This one kitchen was meant to serve eighty dorm rooms, of which 90% were doubles. Even serving my conscientious dorm (1 sink, 20 rooms, no space to dry dishes because someone else got there first, even at 4AM), it didn't see much use.

The lack of microwave capacity is a bummer. That and the kettle combined are surprisingly versatile for food prep. (Adding in a toaster-oven would complete the set nearly, but those definitely draw too much power.)
    Last edited by Quincunx; 2009-10-16 at 01:06 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Titan in the Playground

And the reason fo eating less is that you can stretch out your supplies and money far more if you eat less.
    Yeah, pretty much. Once I'll bring a microvave oven into my flat I'll spend even less on food. I'm just wondering whether or not I should feel bad about not living in a dorm.

17. - Top - End - #1427

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    Supagoof, the euro bottomed out at $0.70 or so in '02. Right now, the euro is worth a tad more than double that. Vacation in USD zones.

Ah. This one kitchen was meant to serve eighty dorm rooms, of which 90% were doubles. Even serving my conscientious dorm (1 sink, 20 rooms, no space to dry dishes because someone else got there first, even at 4AM), it didn't see much use.

The lack of microwave capacity is a bummer. That and the kettle combined are surprisingly versatile for food prep. (Adding in a toaster-oven would complete the set nearly, but those definitely draw too much power.)
    Ah see, my point of reference was friends who just got back from a trip to Ireland, where they spent $12.50 on a McDonalds meal and around here that's typically $5 USD. So not the best measurement of conversion to grade against.

A microwave would be a great commodity, and perhaps this is different for your dorm setup, but most students in the dorms at my campus had 2 things for meals in their rooms. One was a microwave, the other was a mini-fridge. Paid for usually by the parents as part of the college preparation. Though undertandibly I can see how there might be a rule not to allow those things due to power constraints.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Titan in the Playground

It means that he skipped two years of education somewhere along the way. And this is unusual because extremely few children in Britland ever skip grades.
    Eighteen is generally the youngest you can be before starting university over here unless you're from abroad and a child prodigy. Or Scotland in which case I believe they start university at seventeen.

Eh, unis have no maximum age requirement. No minimum age requirement either; but eighteen is the base normally. There's a thirty year old first year undergrad doing his first degree somewhere in one of the colleges near me.

Never heard of it.
    But C1's pretty good. Knew you were smarter than you said you were.
    I hope you get them, it's a shame to waste an intellect.
    Apparently it's a international system used in europe.
    C1 is pretty good indeed.
    Heh, thenks.
    If I get a C2 diploma, which I hope I do, I can officially qualify/count as a native speaker.

Indeed, indeed. And I only got this test because I've been bitching about getting this test for weeks and weeks now(through my department(Art), through special needs stuff(which I don't actually use), through e-mail and at lessons. The people there are pretty stuck in the system...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Ceikatar!

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ettin in the Playground

Dinner is minestrone soup made with drippings from the last beef roast. I forgot, however, that it was corned beef. If I am gibbering later in the evening, I'm suffering from salt overload and not to be held as accountable as usual. The lack of cooking facilities was not something I miss from college/university. Nothing says "inconvenience" like having to remove the minuscule sugar ants from the kitchen before every attempt. Some of us just burned them by turning on the stove and oven, then cooled it down and wiped off the arthropod crisp.
    Corned...beef...soup? Heathenry! Corned beef goes in mashed potatoes!

...*snuggles anyway, tries the soup*... >.>
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Titan in the Playground

Father, brother, husband, grandfather, preacher and poet.

R.I.P. Dic-k* Koster

I'm going to miss you, grandpa.

16-10-2009

*- so the board doesn't sensor it. Mods, it's his name. Not a curseword.
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2009-10-16 at 01:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Ogre in the Playground

You have my condolences. I never got to meet my grandfathers.

22. - Top - End - #1432

True. I think my college career meals consisted of Ramen, Mac n' Cheese, Cake (it was $1 a box at the time! - which I think is roughly 2.5 euroes?) and tuna. Fortunately I had friends who had an apartment-dorm - which had an oven.

plus everyday my first semester I had a chance to fill out a credit application to JCPenny's and get $2 free gift for applying. They didn't check ID's, nor were they any good at remembering who was there daily. Though I'm certain I wasn't the only campus student abusing them. That bought my lunch most days.
    . . .
    Curly does not use euros. She uses good old fashioned pounds and pennies. Ł1 is now worth $1.63, so that makes it around 60p or something. I don't know, so that's pretty cheap.
    At the moment I'm living off of cereal (good old own brand massive packs of weetabix), pot noodles and own brand cuppa soup. As well as my one bought lunch which is literally filling enough that I need only the most minimal dinner possible.
    Free food's good though.

Technically, I think that kitchen serves everyone who lives in the college grounds proper and the street next to it; I think that's around one hundred and fifty people, and while it's used quite a bit, it's more for ready meals and things.
    It also has a microwave, but I don't have anyway to store ready meals and the like in my room as my mini -fridge is tiny. It has a 6L capacity.
    That holds on pint of milk, one tub of sandwich spread, a 500g tub of butter and a jar of jam.
    And it's illegal to anything other than a kettle and mini - fridge in your room (not excluding lamps, laptops and the like) due to fire regulations. While you can smuggle in sarnie toasters and other contraband cooking equipment, I don't fancy a large fine for it.

Yeah, pretty much. Once I'll bring a microvave oven into my flat I'll spend even less on food. I'm just wondering whether or not I should feel bad about not living in a dorm.
    Don't.
    I don't live in a dorm either. I live in a house that's college owned, inside the college grounds. It's not a dorm, but a proper house.

Apparently it's a international system used in europe.
    C1 is pretty good indeed.
    Heh, thenks.
    If I get a C2 diploma, which I hope I do, I can officially qualify/count as a native speaker.

Indeed, indeed. And I only got this test because I've been bitching about getting this test for weeks and weeks now(through my department(Art), through special needs stuff(which I don't actually use), through e-mail and at lessons. The people there are pretty stuck in the system...
    Sweet.
    Keep on nagging them until they let you take the classes, really, as far as your English goes (writing and grammar at least) there're few major mistakes, sure, there are occasional typos and things, but I'm willing to put that down to the computer and your possibly using another board layout to us.
    Your vocabulary and fluency (being able to keep track of what you're saying, making it sound correct and fluid and accurate) is above some teenagers I know.
    I don't know about accents and pronounciation, but it's not too much of a problem here.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Ettin in the Playground

R.I.P. Dick Koster

16-10-2009

*cuddles close, wordlessly*
    Last edited by Cobra_Ikari; 2009-10-16 at 01:53 PM.
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, what are you doing here?

On a side note, holy schnitzel it's cold in my room. It has to be at least -1 in here. *takes out a blanket*

25. - Top - End - #1435

*snip*
    *Supahug*

Sorry for your loss DD.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Titan in the Playground

R.I.P. Dic-k* Koster

16-10-2009

*- so the board doesn't sensor it. Mods, it's his name. Not a curseword.
    ... *hugs*

27. - Top - End - #1437

I'm sorry Dallas.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #1438

*hugs Dallas*

Anyways, I haven't been on here in a while. What's happened?
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    *hugs Dallas*

Anyways, I haven't been on here in a while. What's happened?
    Dunno about everyone else, but I'm sitting here freezing my fingers off listening to Seinbenburgen and playing stuff.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ogre in the Playground

You crazy yanks! A dollar is worth 0.67 Euros. And a Euro is very nearly equal to a pound.

Personally I would prefer the UK to convert to Euroes, but it ain't never going to happen and dwelling on it strays into political areas...