New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Rpgsr4me's Ravenous, Roaring, Raging Rampage of Random Banter #134

Well, good people of the Forums, it's officially the season.

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas, in a Forum-appropriate way.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hooray, I'm getting a car tomorrow!

*does the "Hooray, I'm getting a car tomorrow!" dance*
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ogre in the Playground

That's awesome, 'Prime.

And, in the spirit of my hat, here! A present! It's full of lovely, conditioned air to tide you over till tomorrow. Don't breathe it all at once!
    Spoiler
    Show
    These awesome Avatars thanks to the amazing Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Avatar by Shoreward,
    author of Cursed, of Course, a fantasy webcomic, right here on the forum.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Hooray, I'm getting a car tomorrow!

*does the "Hooray, I'm getting a car tomorrow!" dance*
    Even though I dislike using a conjunction to begin a sentence. But it's not even Christmas!
    Avatar by Recaiden Find more Necrons here
    Spoiler
    Show

Arena Characters: Gronk 2-1

5. - Top - End - #1145

Quote Originally Posted by the geekish one View Post
    Even though I dislike using a conjunction to begin a sentence. But it's not even Christmas!
    What, am I only allowed to buy cars on Christmas or something?
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    What, am I only allowed to buy cars on Christmas or something?
    Apologies, I thought someone was giving you a car.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1147

Apologies, I thought someone was giving you a car.
    Technically, somebody is. It's just that I'm also giving them $1500.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    I have found Kneenibble's theme song. That's the entire song. That's all.
    That's super cute!
    Although I'm not sure if I'm meant to be flattered or offended.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    There can be only one at the top.

Bring it.
    Technically, I said writer king. So, you know. More than one available spot.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2009-12-04 at 07:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    *sniff*

Huh, what...

*sniff sniff*

What could that be...

*sniff sniff sniff*

Why... I think I smell a Rebellion!
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Hey. They have these cool things in books like 1984 and such called oligarchies... I think we ought to look into that.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    As of four minutes past three this afternoon I have finished my first term at Oxford. My last seminar was amazing. Gothic fiction and degeration theory. Also: albinism and She and Moby Dick. And leprosy.

I also found out that next term he's doing a short series on 20th century Gothic including a whole lecture on H. P. Lovecraft, not to mention the other times he'll be referenced.
    Seminars and general discussion will also include this extremely controversial question:
    "Should the Twilight series be counted as Gothic fiction?"
    Poor man, he's going to read all of the books over Christmas for that debate.
    But actual lectures of Lovecraft?! By a leading Gothic researcher.
    Awesome sauce!
    He also does Romantic and 17th century Gothic in Trinity and master's courses.
    Dude!
    Gothicgasm.
    ...You know...it probably rocks like rocksauce to have a degree that is basically geared towards absolutely everything that you love to do in life.

It kinda...kinda makes me feel massively jealous, on account of my degree that I got basically being glued together from a few classes I took and stapled into something that would be a coherent degree, in a field that I wasn't entirely sure I wanted to be in, and now am almost definitely sure was a mistake.

... It also sucks that the one chance I had to try out a really good writing course in my college experience, the creative writing class that I wanted to take, was focused on autobiographies. AUTO-FREAKIN-BIOGRAPHIES! WHO MAKES A CREATIVE WRITING COURSE BASED ON AUTOBIOGRAPHIES?! WE'RE COLLEGE STUDENTS! AUTOBIOGRAPHIES ARE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE ALREADY FAMOUS AND AWESOME. WE. DO. NOT. NEED. TO. LEARN. ABOUT. THEM. JUST. AAARRRGH!!

...Yeah, I know this was from over 2 pages ago, but just reading it reminded me of how I kinda had a thing for writing and really shot myself in the foot by not trying to get a degree in writing or English or composition or any sort of thing that is related to one of those things that I would've liked, largely because I felt like I ought to try to finish out my degree, then wound up turning out of the degree into something different that seemed awesome at the time, then later turned out to only be awesome because it was so vaguely-defined. Or heck, I might've made a good Computer Engineer even. I don't know.

I just...I wish I could take back the last 4 years of my life and start my BS degree all over again.
    Spoiler
    Show

...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    ...You know...it probably rocks like rocksauce to have a degree that is basically geared towards absolutely everything that you love to do in life.

It kinda...kinda makes me feel massively jealous, on account of my degree that I got basically being glued together from a few classes I took and stapled into something that would be a coherent degree, in a field that I wasn't entirely sure I wanted to be in, and now am almost definitely sure was a mistake.

... It also sucks that the one chance I had to try out a really good writing course in my college experience, the creative writing class that I wanted to take, was focused on autobiographies. AUTO-FREAKIN-BIOGRAPHIES! WHO MAKES A CREATIVE WRITING COURSE BASED ON AUTOBIOGRAPHIES?! WE'RE COLLEGE STUDENTS! AUTOBIOGRAPHIES ARE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE ALREADY FAMOUS AND AWESOME. WE. DO. NOT. NEED. TO. LEARN. ABOUT. THEM. JUST. AAARRRGH!!

...Yeah, I know this was from over 2 pages ago, but just reading it reminded me of how I kinda had a thing for writing and really shot myself in the foot by not trying to get a degree in writing or English or composition or any sort of thing that is related to one of those things that I would've liked, largely because I felt like I ought to try to finish out my degree, then wound up turning out of the degree into something different that seemed awesome at the time, then later turned out to only be awesome because it was so vaguely-defined. Or heck, I might've made a good Computer Engineer even. I don't know.

I just...I wish I could take back the last 4 years of my life and start my BS degree all over again.
    I'm sorry. I will attempt to be of aid, though there's really not much I can do.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1154

Hehe.
    BS . . .
    So . . . Bop was over two and a half hours ago, but as predicted I ended up at an unofficial post-party party.
    And only got back fifteen minutes ago.
    The only things unpacked are the laptop and my teacup.

There's about an hour and a half or so before I expect dad to call. Sleep, if there is any seeing as I'm hyped on sugar, Christmas songs (The Pogues, Slade, WIzzard (sic) and other classics. ANd QUeen - but not a Christmas song. Also CHristmas carols) and excitment and over-tirededness.
    ANd I don't fancy kipping on a chair.

And I already miss my friends even though I promised to see one of them around sevenish to say a proper goodbye.
    It's very strange to be tired, excited, homesick and universitysick all at once. And someone's going to be staying in my room during the holidays.
    It feels really wierd knowing that.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ogre in the Playground

Hehe.
    BS . . .
    So . . . Bop was over two and a half hours ago, but as predicted I ended up at an unofficial post-party party.
    And only got back fifteen minutes ago.
    The only things unpacked are the laptop and my teacup.

There's about an hour and a half or so before I expect dad to call. Sleep, if there is any seeing as I'm hyped on sugar, Christmas songs (The Pogues, Slade, WIzzard (sic) and other classics. ANd QUeen - but not a Christmas song. Also CHristmas carols) and excitment and over-tirededness.
    ANd I don't fancy kipping on a chair.

And I already miss my friends even though I promised to see one of them around sevenish to say a proper goodbye.
    It's very strange to be tired, excited, homesick and universitysick all at once. And someone's going to be staying in my room during the holidays.
    It feels really wierd knowing that.
    I see the tiredness in the grammatical mistakes, but then again, I should not judge. I guess you have a four week break for the Holidays, while I have a two week break in about two weeks. Aside from the traditional gathering on Christmas Eve, and a gathering around New Year's, my mom's side will be getting together.
    Last edited by Assassin89; 2009-12-04 at 11:37 PM.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Troll in the Playground

I'm sorry. I will attempt to be of aid, though there's really not much I can do.
    Thanks. I appreciate it.

Hehe.
    BS . . .
    ... Tehehe..crisis averted! ^w^ Also, I know the feeling Curly. It's weird when you're home from University, but you miss your University friends like you miss being home. It's an awkward adjustment period.

I know that of all the things I miss from college, the friends I had are number one.

You'll see them again though, so don't worry.
    Last edited by Trobby; 2009-12-04 at 11:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Dwarf in the Playground

The friends you make in college tend to be lifelong friends, or so I'm told.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Troll in the Playground

The friends you make in college tend to be lifelong friends, or so I'm told.
    This is probably going to be true. At least for some of them...I feel pretty close. And I'd like to think I'll keep in touch with them for awhile.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Banned

Happy Hanukkah, Christmas, Eid Mubarak, Kwanza, peeps!

20. - Top - End - #1160

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin89 View Post
    I see the tiredness in the grammatical mistakes, but then again, I should not judge. I guess you have a four week break for the Holidays, while I have a two week break in about two weeks. Aside from the traditional gathering on Christmas Eve, and a gathering around New Year's, my mom's side will be getting together.
    Six weeks. Most of which I intend to be working for. If I can find an accursed job.

... Tehehe..crisis averted! ^w^ Also, I know the feeling Curly. It's weird when you're home from University, but you miss your University friends like you miss being home. It's an awkward adjustment period.

I know that of all the things I miss from college, the friends I had are number one.

You'll see them again though, so don't worry.
    Yup, I'll be seeing them in six weeks. I'll probably habve adjusted by tomorrow -
    . . .
    this evening.

I have been up for over twenty-one hours straight. Almost seven of which were non-stop dancing and singing.
    My mind is feeling strange.
    I haven't even bothered attempting to sleep - must be why I'm feeling so spoony.
    Heh.
    Spoony.
    I'm thirsty, should I get a drink. And for that matter, I. Have forgotten.
    Tip: if pulling an all-nighter where one isn't likely to get to bed for a total of thirty-seven to forty hours from start to finish it is a good idea to have rested for more than ten hours the preceding two nights.

If today is Saturday - which it is. SO I woke on Friday morning, so take two is Wednesday night. So it was ten hours in two nights. So from Wednesday, about ten of the previous sixty-nine hours have been spent sleeping.
    I think.

Math, not my strong point even at the best of times.

Tip cont: It is advisable to sleep for more than ten of sixty-nine hours because you start to melt. In the thinking department. Took me a minute to remember that word. And an eighth (ish) of the time I spent awake involved dancing and singing. Four fifty-ninths was academic.
    Oh wait. Only got four hours sleep Tuesday night.
    Fourteen hours of sleep in ninety-two hours (I think . . . ? (I woke eleven a.m. Tuesday morning) is bad for any kind of mental strain.

Tip: spending fourteen of ninety-two hours asleep is fuzzy making for thinking. And screws with grammar.

EDIT:
    So assuming (taking the average. Ish) that I go to bed at half eleven tonight. Which is Saturday. I will have spent fourteen out of one hundred and nine hours asleep.
    Just over one-tenth of my time is spent in sleep. This is bad.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-12-05 at 01:17 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Now if only I could actually become close to another human being.

Betelehemu; Peace, Peace; Carol Singers, Carol; and the Neighbour's Chorus from La Jolie Parfumeuse.

One of these things is not like the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Troll in the Playground

Six weeks. Most of which I intend to be working for. If I can find an accursed job.

Yup, I'll be seeing them in six weeks. I'll probably habve adjusted by tomorrow -
    . . .
    this evening.

I have been up for over twenty-one hours straight. Almost seven of which were non-stop dancing and singing.
    My mind is feeling strange.
    I haven't even bothered attempting to sleep - must be why I'm feeling so spoony.
    Heh.
    Spoony.
    I'm thirsty, should I get a drink. And for that matter, I. Have forgotten.
    Tip: if pulling an all-nighter where one isn't likely to get to bed for a total of thirty-seven to forty hours from start to finish it is a good idea to have rested for more than ten hours the preceding two nights.

If today is Saturday - which it is. SO I woke on Friday morning, so take two is Wednesday night. So it was ten hours in two nights. So from Wednesday, about ten of the previous sixty-nine hours have been spent sleeping.
    I think.

Math, not my strong point even at the best of times.

Tip cont: It is advisable to sleep for more than ten of sixty-nine hours because you start to melt. In the thinking department. Took me a minute to remember that word. And an eighth (ish) of the time I spent awake involved dancing and singing. Four fifty-ninths was academic.
    Oh wait. Only got four hours sleep Tuesday night.
    Fourteen hours of sleep in ninety-two hours (I think . . . ? (I woke eleven a.m. Tuesday morning) is bad for any kind of mental strain.

Tip: spending fourteen of ninety-two hours asleep is fuzzy making for thinking. And screws with grammar.

EDIT:
    So assuming (taking the average. Ish) that I go to bed at half eleven tonight. Which is Saturday. I will have spent fourteen out of one hundred and nine hours asleep.
    Just over one-tenth of my time is spent in sleep. This is bad.
    Curly...nice avatar.

Also, you need sleep. o.o Try to find some sleep somewhere. o.o; what are you staying up for anyway?
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1163

Curly...nice avatar.
    Just read the 'I Just Realised' thread and I've realised something really scary. I've been here for almost two years and eight months.
    This means that the avatar I'm currently using (CurlyChristmas) is two years old. Wow.
    I was barely sixteen when I joined.
    Wow.
    Time, she has flown the coop.

Also, you need sleep. o.o Try to find some sleep somewhere. o.o; what are you staying up for anyway?
    Koorly agrees that she needs sleep, but she had a good reason for not sleeping much Tuesday night: essay.
    The rest is insomnia/internet/insomnia/books/insomnia.

Why Koorly is still awake at 06:34 as of typing this sentence:
    The Bop (cheesy party) finished at two. I then went to a post-party party in a friend's room where we chatted, danced and sang some more. By the time I got back to my room and packed away the last non-laptop-or-teacup-things it was half four in the morning.
    It takes ages for me to sleep, and if I do after a long stint of insomnia it's more like passing out and not registering the rest of the world.
    Seeing as Dad's going to be phoning soon (he'd better be, I could be sleeping!) I thought it'd be easier and safer for me to stay up and wait for the call and be coherent.
    Mostly coherent.
    Able to understand what Dad's saying.
    Dad should be arriving within an hour and a half.
    But I forgot that Mouse is coming with, so car napping is a no-no. And I think we have to do Saturday grocery shopping when we get home. And unpack the Koorly Kit. And find Koorly's new sleeping place.

Which is the sofa in the front room. On a Sturday night. Smeg.
    Sleeptime? She will start after two a.m. Tonight. Which is SUnday morning.

I remember being sixteen. I used to sleep at night. For seven hours usually. I miss sleeping.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Troll in the Playground

I'm going to assume that Mouse is some kind of adorable animal that you take with you. Possibly an actual Mouse. That or a friend with an adorable pet name.

Either way, I do hope you get SOME sleep, Curls. o.o; Though I am reminded that you are across the pond, and that it is still actual reasonable hours there.

Whereas it is 1:47 AM here, and I should really be sleeping. Right now.

..o.o; Goodnight.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The great thing about no longer being 16 though is that you can do this thing like make decisions for yourself and decide not to stay out until 4 AM when you haven't slept in a few days and then stay up even longer to catch a morning call from one's male parent.

I mean. GAH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

26. - Top - End - #1166

I'm going to assume that Mouse is some kind of adorable animal that you take with you. Possibly an actual Mouse. That or a friend with an adorable pet name.
    Mouse: nickname.
    Official name: Littlest Brother. In that he's the youngest of Koorly's brothers.

Either way, I do hope you get SOME sleep, Curls. o.o; Though I am reminded that you are across the pond, and that it is still actual reasonable hours there.

Whereas it is 1:47 AM here, and I should really be sleeping. Right now.

..o.o; Goodnight.
    . . .

Ah . . .
    While it is a reasonable hour, it now being five to seven I have approached it from the wrong side in that I saw the clock turn 06:55.
    It has been a very long time since I saw seven o'clock from the early side.
    Sure, I've been awake at seven a.m., but I always tried to sleep before. Now I haven't.
    What?
    Okay.
    Um. I tried to sleep, but nver did, so I was awake for seven o'clock. But not on purpose. Until this morning.

The great thing about no longer being 16 though is that you can do this thing like make decisions for yourself and decide not to stay out until 4 AM when you haven't slept in a few days and then stay up even longer to catch a morning call from one's male parent.

I mean. GAH!
    It was an accident!
    In part. I wasn't going to miss the last Bop of term because they're the only party/club type thingies I go to, and they're only fortnightly for my college. And last day of term. Wanted to bid adieu to me mates.
    It was after that that accidental delays happened. ANd my sleep deprived state made everything a-okay. Oh hey, 'tis now seven of the clock on Saturday the probably fifth of December 2009 (GMT).
    Good morning.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ettin in the Playground

Just read the 'I Just Realised' thread and I've realised something really scary. I've been here for almost two years and eight months.
    This means that the avatar I'm currently using (CurlyChristmas) is two years old. Wow.
    I was barely sixteen when I joined.
    Wow.
    Time, she has flown the coop.
    Four years. Over four years, now. And that's just from signup date. If you count how long I've been hanging around here, it's near 5.

In other words... yeah, I agree. Time flew.

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Ettin in the Playground

Four years. Over four years, now. And that's just from signup date. If you count how long I've been hanging around here, it's near 5.

In other words... yeah, I agree. Time flew.
    *Long Runner High Five*
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm still a total newbie.

But look! I bring gifts!

Gifts!

And if gifts don't appease you, later I will have cookies.

And I always have hugs and snuggles availiable to anyone who asks nicely!
    Spoiler
    Show
    These awesome Avatars thanks to the amazing Ceika!
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Avatar by Shoreward,
    author of Cursed, of Course, a fantasy webcomic, right here on the forum.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Bugbear in the Playground

cookies are always appreciated.

I have to make some for a party at work next week. Sugar cookies with decorations or Gingerbread cookies?
    Unofficial Brew-Meister in the playground. Just ask!