New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Rpgsr4me's Ravenous, Roaring, Raging Rampage of Random Banter #134

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Why is it so frickin' cold?

??

?????

If it's going to be 10 degrees it should SNOW, dangit!
    And over here it's just around 32, and we have snow. Feeling jealous?
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    And over here it's just around 32, and we have snow. Feeling jealous?
    Hatefully.

I just resent the cold. I'm wearing long sleeves and a sweatshirt, warm tights under my pants, socks over the tights, and shoes, and my feet are on the frozen edge of not-quite-numb. Thermostat's set to 70 but it just can't drive away the cold.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ogre in the Playground

See, at minus 12 it is far too cold for snow. The upper atmosphere needs to be within a fairly specific temperature range for it to snow, and the ground temperature needs to be around freezing for it to settle. Just how it is.

Try setting fire to things. Surefire!way to make it snow.

4. - Top - End - #1384

Hatefully.

I just resent the cold. I'm wearing long sleeves and a sweatshirt, warm tights under my pants, socks over the tights, and shoes, and my feet are on the frozen edge of not-quite-numb. Thermostat's set to 70 but it just can't drive away the cold.
    How about drinking warm things and getting under a warm blanket? It always helped me?
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    See, at minus 12 it is far too cold for snow. The upper atmosphere needs to be within a fairly specific temperature range for it to snow, and the ground temperature needs to be around freezing for it to settle. Just how it is.

Try setting fire to things. Surefire!way to make it snow.
    It's generally a good all-around tactic. *nodnod*

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Bugbear in the Playground

A pair of -40 socks are one of the usefullest purchases I've made for surviving the cold. When you're feet are warm/cold, the rest of you is too.
    Step 1: Get workers to make goods for you.
    Step 2: Sell the goods for a higher amount than what you pay the workers.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit!

Thanks to Mortugg for my current avatar, and for this steampunk version:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ettin in the Playground

Why did they cancel Clone High!?!?! I want to know what happens!!! DAMN YOU, CLIFFHANGERS!!!!

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

^: 4:30
    Hatefully.

See. You need long-johns under that as well, right on yer skin.

I'm regretting not being able to find my long-johns, as I am reduced to layering various lounge pants and a couple of sweaters on top of a pair of non-long-john thermal underwear and a nest of t-shirts and long-sleeved shirts.

On the bright side, there's enough cloth on me that you'd need to aim more carefully to get anything vital with a knife.

In related news, I am currently looking around for recipes and things to do with the oven so that, well, it's helping to heat the house.

Currently I'm about to start on a casserole of canned chicken, stewed tomatoes, mole verde, black beans, egg noodles, and refried beans with a topping of crumbled up stale tortillas(crunchy) and cheddar.

Then next I'll be doing a meatloaf, prossibly. Or possibly making some bread.

I could do with learning that skill.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-12-08 at 01:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Barbarian in the Playground

On Friday it snowed. Today, the low was 52°F. Tomorrow, we should be in the 70's. Man my weather is screwed up. But hey, at least I got my taste of winter, and now I don't have to be cold anymore.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I have no idea what I'm looking for there.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Titan in the Playground

It's currently around 5 degrees here. That's 23 for you backwards folks who don't use Celsius yet. And I am not cold, despite wearing only a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and some slippers.

And it's not snowing here, either.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    I have no idea what I'm looking for there.
    whoops. Off by about 20 seconds. "This is for canceling firefly, you goth bastard."
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Barbarian in the Playground

I had to go to our glorious capital city for a school trip. That was one hour of riding on a train and an hour of getting lost and panicking only to find out that it was canceled.
    Then going back home took me the same amount of time. <3german

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Ettin in the Playground

ARGH I studied too much of the wrong stuff for my US History exam. >_< I can only hope for a C and a 10-point grading curve. And then I'll still get a low C in the class.
    I need an A on my psycholinguistics exam. Time to study more for that.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    It's currently around 5 degrees here. That's 23 for you backwards folks who don't use Celsius yet. And I am not cold, despite wearing only a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and some slippers.

And it's not snowing here, either.
    5 degrees? that's almost summer! Here in Winnipeg it's 30 degrees below that.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    I need an A on my psycholinguistics exam. Time to study more for that.
    Psycholinguistics?

That sounds damn interesting...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    Psycholinguistics?

That sounds damn interesting...
    It might be, if I didn't have a freaking insane professor.
    As far as I can tell from the books we've been reading, the point of psycholinguistics is to look at studies that have been done previously and do them again, hoping for different results.
    We read and presented an article about how language ability at a young age correlates to reading ability later, and whether genetic or environmental factors contribute more. We found 3 previous studies, done by the exact same people, which proved the same thing as this study using the exact same methods. That yes, being able to use language at a young age helps you read better, and it's more environmental than genetic.
    And Dr. Parker is just incompetent. She burst into tears when we said she forgot to assign us that she asked us to turn in. She never returned our midterms, so I don't know what I'm getting in the class. We were going to do our own study on child language, but she didn't assign kids until 4 weeks before exams, we had too much other work to do to spend 5 hours a week on a kid, so we had to switch to an article presentation.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Titan in the Playground

Universities and colleges do have a tendency to crop... interesting characters. My mother told me about a professor in her school who was so dedicated to his work that when his wife gave him an ultimatum - "It's either school or me" - he chose school.
    Also, darn you people and your snow. Here, the weather's like in early Spring. I didn't even notice when December came.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fostire View Post
    Did I forget the minus sign? I did. -5. My bad. Still doesn't quite hold a candle to Winterpeg, but then there's not much that does. Certainly Vancouver never managed to get quite that cold.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Ogre in the Playground

FAHRENHEIT, doofus. That's about -12 to you sensible people.
    -12 only, sorry if I don't feel sorry for you but it is -30 here and Hell has officially frozen over.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2009-12-08 at 10:15 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Titan in the Playground

Celcius > Farenheit, silly americans...

Also, I'm sick.
    Very sickly, more then usual.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Ceikatar!

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    -12 only, sorry if I don't feel sorry for you but it is -30 here and Hell has officially frozen over.
    Do you live in a place where it's *usually* that cold?

I just want snow. And there's no chance of it this week.

23. - Top - End - #1403

You can have ours, and our bass-ackwards ergonomic snow shovel thing too.

First major snow of the bloody season has to come on a day when I have to be at work early and not leave until late...

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ogre in the Playground

Ya I live in Saskatchewan Canada and the winters can be nasty

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post

Why did they cancel Clone High!?!?! I want to know what happens!!! DAMN YOU, CLIFFHANGERS!!!!
    Wow, that's some slow reaction time you've got there.

What annoys me more is that there isn't any new Venture Brothers.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-12-08 at 11:28 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    Ya I live in Saskatchewan Canada and the winters can be nasty
    Ah. Yes. Well, I live in southeastern Washington, where the winters are pretty mild most years. We get snow, but not till late December.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah. Yes. Well, I live in southeastern Washington, where the winters are pretty mild most years. We get snow, but not till late December.
    Lucky I can't stand the cold *shudders*

28. - Top - End - #1408

Aaaaah, two of my Christmas presents arrived today. Which?
    The Cambridge Companion to Old English Literature and The Concise Anglo-Saxon Dictionary.
    The joys of parents. And I mean that in a non-sarcastic way. Not only do I genuinely want both of these books for my own enjoyment, it also turns out they're both course books. Obviously, the latter fact came first even before I knew what they were, but I still really want them for myself.
    Come on. How many children ask for, and get, an Old English dictionary for Christmas. I'm working my way up the Wierdest Christmas Present Ever Requested List. That probably eased me up from Geeky But Hardly Ever Weird to Quite Geeky And Slightly Weird.

And now I get to enjoy translating thirty-six lines of The Battle of Maldon without looking at a single translation; we have to do a commentary on it, so no cheating. Also they don't want it interfering with our floundering in a new language and making assumptions on the language based on what may very well be an inaccurate translation.
    By Io, the Lady and Om, I haven't had to do a blind translation since I was in Y7 and doing French, and even then I could vaguely guess what was happening.
    Actually, still can, but it's not the same. I can pick out words, pronouns are easy; but the inflections are despicable.

I had one solitary moment a few weeks ago where I wished I had studied German, but then the insanity faded. It would still be useful though. I can remeber German numbers, 'Ich heibe Koorly' and 'Rathaus'. That's all.
    Meh.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-12-08 at 01:41 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Titan in the Playground

Wasn't it ''ich bin Dallas''?

Or perhaps ''heibe'' was ''am called'' where as ''bin'' is ''am'', so both would be correct....

Also apprently my english is nearly good enough to get accepted by english uni. Orso I was told.(By checking online how high my results actually are compared to things)

Sadly I can't go check on the internet, since I have to get some rest now.
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2009-12-08 at 01:47 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Ogre in the Playground

Ahh, the Battle of Moldon...
    I love how there's those two cowardly thanes who flee the battle who are mentioned by name, though I forget them now, and will go down forever in infamy. When our class studied that piece we wanted to write graffiti all over the school like, "X IS A COWARD!!"
    ...or, "X ond X beođ earge!" (edit: is that right? it's been a while)

Can I recommend some reading, Curly? The Anglo-Saxon translation of Genesis attributed to Caedmon is really cool, the devil's character is made an anti-hero a lot like Lucifer in Paradise Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Fostire View Post
    And after a November warmer and less snowy than May, we are having a December where so far the highs each day have been lower than the weather station's average recorded lows. Weirdest year for weather in my life.

Ah well, it's just more evidence that the government is secretly testing weather control technology.
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2009-12-08 at 01:59 PM.