New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Twilight - The reckoning/lynching

Tensing, Abel threw himself aside before the woman's lunge. Rolling up, he levelled his revolver, and faced the woman.

"By the authority vested in me by his holiness Pope Alessandro XVIII, I demand that you cease," All trace of whimsy was gone from the priest's voice now, his mind utterly focussed on the task at hand.

"If you will not comply, I will be forced to open fire."
    Last edited by Eddums; 2009-11-28 at 12:38 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

On the way to the theater, I reach into my pocket, and grasp a set of chaos dice. I had been using my gift far too often; there was a fairly good chance that the Harrowing would be coming the next time I opened my Private Eye. Idly, I wonder who else is hunting the vampire clan; nobody else from the Nightside, or I would have heard about them. Possibly the White Council, since the one Warden who had dared to enter had spoke of a war...before he was killed of course. You can't try to enforce a law in the Nightside, let alone seven. In my life, I've broken four of them already. You do what you have to, in the Nightside.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

((Sorry for the late response...))
    Artemis remains unfazed. Well, I suppose we have a bit of a conundrum. Your friend is already in the car, on its way back to the airstrip. There's nothing you or I can do about that... It is, as they say, what it is. I'm a businessman. Make me an offer.
    Butler quitely stands up and brushes himself off, not entirely surprised looking at this turn of events. Tact be damned; he slowly unholsters his modified Sig Sauer. The thing could put holes in an armored truck. Marble hard skin would pose as much of a challenge as rice paper.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Those men don't sound like anyone I know on Osborne's payroll so they likely trust worthy." Morbius sighs. He has no idea who the others are yet but Osborne wouldn't be sending men like that in he'd send in Ares or the Sentry someone at least more dangerous that Morbius.

"I wouldn't worry about those abomination's fate. Every single one of them will be reduced to dust soon enough." Morbius reassures the scared man. He only wishes his own family had someone to take their vengeance upon like Mr. Swan does, they had no one to blame but Michael himself.

"I'd suggest you get out of Town though. If Norman does send someone you will be on the new hit list and even between three separate hunters remantes of the coven might come for you before we deal with all of them. I have some powerful friends in New York who could help you get settled in and find work. Just tell them that Michael Morbius sent you and you need to get away from some vampires." Michael takes out a note pad and begins writing names, addresses and phone numbers on it. Upon inspection Mr. Swan may recognize some of the names as various famous figures: Peter Parker star photographer for the Daily Bugle, Tony Stark multimillionaire and the superhero Iron Man, Hank Pym successful scientist and founding member of the Avengers, the Fantastic Four and Matt Murdock a successful lawyer who is known for many high profile cases involving superhumans.

"At least give it some thought. Things are about to get very dangerous within Forks. I must return to my hunt. You do what you think is best."
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

5. - Top - End - #185
    Dwarf in the Playground

BJ creeps up to one of the boarded up windows and tries to look out the other side through the cracks.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

BJ
    He's on a hill, overlooking the town. He can see what looks like the a stone staircase leading to the cathedral, turning round the hill in a basic spiral.
    As he moves, the voices are getting louder. One is self-assured, adolescent, the other the self-assured drawl of a killer.
    Abel
    The woman stared at him. then dismissed his words. "Get the hell away from my family. Get away from my children." She hissed, arcing her back and baring her teeth.
    Mobius
    Charlie took the paper uncertainly. He seemed more at ease, but that thin patina of composure shattered as he looked at the paper. At last he stuttered "Who the bloody hell are you?" Surprise seemed to have temporarily banished self-pity, though it would likely be back soon.
    Artemis
    The two vampires ignore Butler. The big one takes a step forward. "This crap has gone on long enough. What are you going to do, cry at me little guy?"
    "Don't kill him."
    "Yeah, yeah." He said, making a fist and walking towards Artemis slowly. "But it will be my pleasure to break a few bones."
    Taylor
    They click together like bones in your grip, radiating ominous potentiality. While they only have six sides, you can't escape the impression they have many more, an infinite number, large and random as chaos itself, some huge, some little more then a pin prick.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-11-28 at 03:03 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    ((Silly Thorgrim. Michael doesn't do subtle. At all. He has never had to adapt. Besides, imagine Edward and Bella, indulging their fantasy, when St Michael swoops down, in his armor, gold wings and flaming sword, and says:
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.))
    (I don't think I'm that good, but by God I will try!) It has been all most 70 years sense I have been among Man, so know when I say its feels good to stretch my legs it feels relay good. That out of the way I get on to way I'm hear... The Twipires. My name for them mind you, thou it hardly matters as they'll all be routing in hell soon enough. This beings a personal mission of mine and one given by the Lord I am restricted in I can do, but I have my sword and the strength in my arms more then enough to deal with Thea's Abomination and their thralls. My wings folded around me like a cloak and my sword secure on my belt I begin too march to the home steed of my first target one Jacob Black of the Quilute(?) tribe I should reach there just before dawn.

(How was that?)
    Last edited by tahu1809; 2009-11-28 at 04:18 PM.
    "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." -God... maybe.
    A hero is more than a person, a hero is a belief. A belief that, against impossible odds, the world can be saved—and that the world is still worth saving. Heroes inspire that belief in us. They renew our faith and give us that most precious of all gifts—hope. The world needs heroes. That's why, when true heros arrive, the world will honor them."

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

As we head to the theater, I notice a young boy in an alley, standing across from a pair of vampires. Then I notice the big guy backing him up. The guy looks tough, but human. They're probably outclassed, but there's something...off about the boy. I don't make any move to help, though. The big guy probably sees me and my friend Ash. I'd like to think he's otherwise occupied, though. We keep walking.
    Last edited by industrious; 2009-11-28 at 03:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Now, now, dear lady. I at present have no idea who your are, let alone who your children might be. Although, logic does lead me in a certain direction. Given our location, might I have the pleasure of addressing a Miss Cullen?"

As he spoke, Abel lowered his gun, and endevoured to look as conciliatory as possible. He was not yet certain of this woman's identity, and did not wish for a fight that would force him to bring forth the Crusnik, if that could be avoided. Not with Van Helsing around, as he doubted that the fanatical killer would make exceptions for good Catholics.

"Now, ma'am, why don't you tell me who you are, and what you're doing here, then I'll tell you the same of me. How does that sound?"

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Now that was settled, I excused myself and moved up to my room, I had calls to make. First, I dialed Murphy's number. She answered groggily

-Murphy here

-Hiya Murph, it's me

-Dresden, what do you want at this hour?

-I need intelligence

-"chuckle", that's nothing new. What can I do for you?

-I'm hunting down a vampire coven in Washington, the state, and I need a few numbers checked. Who they belong to, that sort of thing. It's not important enough for you to get in trouble over, but any info would be appreciated.

-You need backup? I can call in sick and be there at daybreak

I've said it before, Murphy is good people

-No, it's ok, I've met some like minded friends here, and I've got Mouse with me, plus they're not nearly as dangerous as Mavra's clutch.

-I'll see what I can do

-Thanks, the numbers are ..... (gives her the numbers, plus his contact information, plus a number where to call the wardens if he's not at the hotel when she calls

-Harry, one last thing

-What?

-Be careful.

-I always am

Then, I dialed the Edinburgh, and asked for Captain Luccio. She answered after five minutes of password giving

-Dresden, what is it?

-Hello Anas..
    I bit off the rest, things were not as... intimate as they had been between us

I mean Captain Luccio, I'm calling to report. I'm currently tracking down a vampire coven based in Forks, Washington. They seem like an hybrid of Blacks and Whites, but for all that, surprisingly easy to kill. I've joined forces with Solomon Kane and Gabriel Van Hellsing, so backup is unnecessary. However, I'd like to know if we have anything on a Cullen clan, and if there are Ways to Chicago or Europe near my position.

-Kane and Hellsing? You have powerful friends Dresden. I was going to send wardens there anyways, according to my contacts the Hellsing organization have sent their pet vampire to Forks, as a result Iscariot moved in, sent theyr number one man. Hellboy was also sighted driving to the town, and Wizard Rashid sent work that his wards and alarms have gone off, something big just crossed from the Nevernever.

-Hellsing and Iscariot? This is bad, the vampires have enthralled about half of a tribe of werewolves, the Quilute I think they're named, these maniacs will just slaughter them without asking questions, and I know I cant stand up to that monster. What do you want me to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Artemis nods. Butler shoots. There are very few things on earth that can kill a vampire; one of them is a bullet the size of your thumb.

12. - Top - End - #192

"I am someone not entirely like you. I came into this form by accident when trying to cure myself of a rare blood disease. I lost my family, my practice, my life. You police the monsters amongst your fully human peoples, I police the monsters amongst the monsters." Morbius heads towards the door.

"If you meant how do I know all those famous and powerful people? Let us just say that one meets some truly colourful characters in my line of work." With that he dashes off into the night. If his turn isn't over yet then he continues down the road towards the Cullen residence. If it is returns to his hotel room, which coincidentally happens to be the same hotel Dresden is entertaining Kane and Hellsing at.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Harry, I think we have a problem" Gabriel said as he walked into his friend's room with a huge leatherbound book in his hands, the pages made of old and crinkled parchment. On the cover, gold lettering read: "Encyclopedia Vampirica, by A. Van Helsing" . He placed the old tome down carefully on a small table in the hotel room, and pointed to the page he had opened it to. He was in the E section. On the page, there was a picture of a vampire, with skin glistening like the sun, blinding several vampire slayers.

"This is our quarry, friend" Gabriel said "Edward Cullen. Born 1901. Died, 1918. Rose again, 1918. He is fast, faster than any of the other members of this coven, and my son calls him the best fighter as well. He can see into your mind, or hypnotize you with the sound of his voice. He may look young, but he is old, and cunning. He may try to trick us, as the last vampire did, and with his powers of hypnosis, we will have to be careful" the vampire slayer explained, moving his finger down the page as he did.

"My son encountered him several times, as he recounts here" Gabriel continued "He has tried all the old methods. Garlic, stake to the heart, holy water. Nothing seems to have worked. The crucifix drives him back, but does not kill him. Perhaps if we cut off his head, that would work, but getting through their skin is the tough part. And worse, he has a bride" At that juncture, Gabriel took a photo of a dark-haired young girl out of his inner coat pocket and threw it down on the page.

"Bella Cullen, his eager volunteer, his devoted disciple, his wanton followed. The Devil's concubine. It has been several years since she was turned, and his hold on her will be very strong. I do not think that we will be able to bring her back from the darkness, like my son did with Mina Harker" he finished, and then shook his head slowly. Taking off his hat, he ran a hand through his brown hair as he often did when stressed, and then rubbed his eyes.

"What do you propose we do, old friend?"
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilElitest
    Executor - for a Vs. thread, you have laid out the case for this confrontation very intelligently - bravo!
    he is like the demigod of vs. threads
    They can take our lives... but they'll never take our AWESOME!!!

Awarded EvilElitest the Trophy for winning the internet.

Alumnus of the Sauron vs Voldemort thread
    <ASVSVA>

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

BJ, upon hearing the voices, pulls out his Lee Enfield, and aims it in the direction of where the voices are coming from, crouching against the wall away from the light of the window.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Alucard, having tarried far too long in dark alley's, and a smoke filled bar or two to grab a snack that didn't taste like drinking rubbing alcohol (and by snack I mean some poor drunkard who tasted like some sort of mixture between turkish delight, and Jack Daniel's. Which while not the most pleasing of combinations, manages to rinse the taste out of his mouth.)

He soon arrived at the site of the destined "meeting.", and promptly popped a squat on a near by bench to wait for them to arrive.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tahu1809 View Post
    (I don't think I'm that good, but by God I will try!) It has been all most 70 years sense I have been among Man, so know when I say its feels good to stretch my legs it feels relay good. That out of the way I get on to way I'm hear... The Twipires. My name for them mind you, thou it hardly matters as they'll all be routing in hell soon enough. This beings a personal mission of mine and one given by the Lord I am restricted in I can do, but I have my sword and the strength in my arms more then enough to deal with Thea's Abomination and their thralls. My wings folded around me like a cloak and my sword secure on my belt I begin too march to the home steed of my first target one Jacob Black of the Quilute(?) tribe I should reach there just before dawn.

(How was that?)
    Michael
    ((Not bad. Could be a bit more descriptive, and tells rather then shows, but he's a huge, larger then life character.
    Rmember, you are obscenely powerful in everything. For one thing, he can outrace the sun in Paradise Lost, and if you fly, you'd be there already. Remember, Michael doesn't do subtle.))
    The reservation is a small plot of land, dusty between the trees, the buildings small, simple, or trailers. Most people had a tired or lost look about them.

Alucard
    The beach, at the second, was deserted. That would soon change, based on what you'd seen in the girls blood.
    Abel
    "When I kill you, they'll be safe." She replied, leaping at him again, her golden eyes flashing.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

17. - Top - End - #197

((I'm assuming that no response means my turn is over and I'm back at the hotel now.))

18. - Top - End - #198
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I arrive at Jacob's home 20 minuets before dawn. I march up to the front entrance and shout: "Jacob Black of the tribe Quilute(?), your judgment has come! Come forth and face it with what little honer you have left!" and now I wait and see what he dose now.
    "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." -God... maybe.
    A hero is more than a person, a hero is a belief. A belief that, against impossible odds, the world can be saved—and that the world is still worth saving. Heroes inspire that belief in us. They renew our faith and give us that most precious of all gifts—hope. The world needs heroes. That's why, when true heros arrive, the world will honor them."

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Snip
    ((Oh, So I don't qualify for a response?))
    Last edited by Moff Chumley; 2009-11-28 at 07:47 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

((Actually, I wanted to give you all one, but as I said, I am having issues, and the fixer guy isn't here yet. I'm sorry, and I will answer you all as soon as I can. I am currently typing on a neighbors computer, who is being very generous.))

Mobius
    You return to your hotel room. As you enter, you notice three dangerous looking men, each dreesed in big coats, with the hard, craggy faces of soldiers who have never stopped fighting. Around they have enough weaponry to outfit a unit, from a variety of era's and cultures, all well honed and cared for.
    They are discussing something in soft voices.
    Artemis
    The vampire who was aproaching you get's three shots in the back, punching through his skin with enough force to punch through the other side and embed themselves in the stone wall before he has a chance to so much as react.
    As Butler turns his gun on the second vampire, it is already gone, moving quickly to the side and through a door.
    The vampire he shot begins to pull itself upright. The shots punched through it's lung, kidney and stomach (Butler is always accurate), but the Vampire doesn't need any of that.
    BJ
    A tall, lean man, pale as buttermilk with the face of a model and the build of an light weight boxer rounds the corner ahead of you. He is wearing the same cloak the little girl was dressed in, and a plain, black suit, the sort of black that doesn't show the stains.
    He stops as he see's you.
    "Quick, their's a maniac with a gun. Big as a house. I need help!"
    Michael
    The reactions are typical, a mix of awed, reverant, and outright terrified. No one can feel secure before an instrument of gods divine justice, and there can be no mistaking what you are.
    Even the most holy, has doubts, and your pressence draws these doubts to the front of their mind. You get a few stuttered replies, but nothing you can use.
    Then a big, serious looking boy (a werewolf, not by choice, but a bargain struck by his ancestors he has been forced to endure) steps forwad (his name is Sam. He loves a women named Emily as part of his ancestors bargain, and the other wolves consider him one of two alpha's). He blinks a few times as his eye's adjust to your radience, then stops, unsure of how to adress you. At last he clears his throat. "Perhaps I can help you...sir?" He says, unsure. He had been an aethist until moments ago, now the foundations of his life are crashing down. You feel sympathy, but also righteous fury.
    "There is a few in Italy. But that's the least of our worries." He took a deep breath.
    "Dresdan, this is getting crazy. As bad as the town was, now it's gone to hell. Michael has been seen. Yes, St Michael, from the bible. Flaming sword and six wings. There are pictures. There is a film on youtube. And that's not the worst of it.
    Ten magicians we had monitoring the area around you just died. Their supervisor bit through his own tounge, clawed out his eyes and started babbling phrases we couldn't recognize, or even pronounce, without stopping to breathe, until he suffocated to death. I'm scared and confused, Dresdan. And I don't like to act when I'm scared and confused. Find out what's going on, and tell us so we can do something about it. But please, be careful."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-11-28 at 08:16 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

21. - Top - End - #201

((Thank your kind neighbour on my behalf would you?))

Morbius saunders into the room. Unsure what to make of these men. He draws the gun he stole from the ever so kind HAMMER agent and calls out to them hoping that they aren't going to try killing him before he can recieve information from them. "May I help you gentlemen?"

((Are they Dresden, Hellsing, Kane team or Twipires wearing long coats?))

22. - Top - End - #202
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Michael
    The reactions are typical, a mix of awed, reverant, and outright terrified. No one can feel secure before an instrument of gods divine justice, and there can be no mistaking what you are.
    Even the most holy, has doubts, and your pressence draws these doubts to the front of their mind. You get a few stuttered replies, but nothing you can use.
    Then a big, serious looking boy (a werewolf, not by choice, but a bargain struck by his ancestors he has been forced to endure) steps forwad (his name is Sam. He loves a women named Emily as part of his ancestors bargain, and the other wolves consider him one of two alpha's). He blinks a few times as his eye's adjust to your radience, then stops, unsure of how to adress you. At last he clears his throat. "Perhaps I can help you...sir?" He says, unsure. He had been an aethist until moments ago, now the foundations of his life are crashing down. You feel sympathy, but also righteous fury.
    I look at this poor soul with soft eyes and say: "Do not be afraid. It is not yet your time. I search for the one you call Jacob Black. If you know ware he is please tell me now."
    Last edited by tahu1809; 2009-11-28 at 08:14 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

((Kane team))
    The man (Sam) blinks and steps back. "Sorry, but...why? What did Jacob do to you? Meaning no disrepect of course." He rushes the last statement. "Jacob's a good kid, just a bit messed up."
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-11-28 at 08:20 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

BJ shouts," Put your hands up, and step into the light.Try anything funny and I shoot, both of you."

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

BJ
    The tall figure stands aside to give you a clearer shot, keeping himself out of your way.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

Alucard continues to wait, deciding to go to a near by book stand, and purchase something to read while he does so. Some two bit barely published soft cover novel about unrequited loved. What GARBAGE this town consisted of. Even it's mortals were unworthy of their lowly status.

Ah well... They would all see what posh, ignorant, nay unabashedly STUPID lives they had been living up until now. He still needed to handle the Cullens first though, the others would come later, but he was bound by Hellsing to do as the current descendant said, so he would follow Sir Integra's rather loose orders for now.

These were the thoughts that passed through his head, if Alucard could truly be defined as a 'he', waiting simply for the predestined encounter that the Cullens would find interupted. This "Jacob" character was merely a bonus!
    Last edited by Fan; 2009-11-28 at 08:23 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

((What does the guy behind him look like?))
    Last edited by nanobot_swarm; 2009-11-28 at 08:32 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The man (Sam) blinks and steps back. "Sorry, but...why? What did Jacob do to you? Meaning no disrepect of course." He rushes the last statement. "Jacob's a good kid, just a bit messed up."
    I look at my at my eye's hardening and with a bit of announce entering my voice: "We both know that it gone well past "just a bit messed up". now tell me ware Jacob Black is before I lose whats left of my peasants."

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

(lol, honer, peasants. Sorry man but that's just funny)

-Right, I understand Anastasia, I'm on it.

I hung up and took a deep breath. Anastasia had a reputation as a cast iron bitch, and I had personally seen her keep her cool after being body swapped with the necromancer she was fighting while a dark god was being born over our head. This was bad with a capital B. Gabriel came in just after and started talking about Abraham Van Hellsing being his son and something about the Cullens

-Hells bells Gabriel. Slow down. I just got off the phone with the Warden headquarters, and we have more problems then the Cullens. Hellsing (the Protestant Knights), Iscariot and the BPRD are moving in on this place, each with their top agent. Not to mention the freaking Archangel Michael has been spotted here, and eleven wizards who were monitoring the Nevernever near here went insane and died, suggesting that something big followed him. You know captain Luccio right? She is scared out of her mind right now, and I have seen the woman keep her calm in extremely dangerous situations. And I'm starting to get pretty scared too, I consider myself one of the good guys and I helped God's agents more then a bit in the last few years, but I haven't exactly walked the straight and narrow either, and Michael has a reputation for smiting first and never asking question. What do you think he's going to do to a guy who makes deals with the Fae and various vampires, summons demons in his basement and had a Fallen living in his head for a few years?
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

((Sorry... I must've missed that.))

Butler rolls his eyes imperceptibly; it's never that easy, is it? Slipping a large, titanium crowbar-like device out of his trouser leg, he eyes the damaged vampire. He'd fought opponents on all sorts of drugs, using all sorts of meditative technique. This "vampire" should be no different: if the brain can't send messages to the body, no matter how strong it is, you've won. The hard part, of course, was cutting off that flow...

With speed almost as blinding as his vampire counterpart, Butler barrels into the undead that disarmed him. Before he can wriggle away, the vampire receives several blows to the head and neck via crowbar. Apparently, otherwise lethal tactics only serve to stun the creature. But a brief stun is all it takes for Butler to put all of his considerable force into a blow to the filtrum. If vampire anatomy has anything in common with that of a human, there is now a two inch piece of bone through the undead's brain. Almost instinctively, Butler jumps out of the way just as the vampire's friend lunges at him. Rolling to his gun's location, he picks it up and empties the remainder of the clip into the vampire's face.