New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Crack Pairings IV - You Can't Unread It

Coffee, please don't get so down. You know its not the end of the world. You've still got a lot going for you. Have you taken the ACT? That's what colleges care the most about. But that's besides the point. You'll still have AP Biology going for you. You KNOW you can ace that, and you KNOW that'll look good on your transcript, with or without Physics.

Also, if you want to be a Vet, why not go straight to a Vet college? Animal Planet always mentions a specific one which I can't remember at this specific moment...

Seriously, Coffee, take several deep breaths. This is not the end of the world. Its not a death sentence. Don't do anything stupid because you think your life is ruined. Its not. You can get through this, and you can still reach you full potential.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    No, next year I'm taking bio WHICH I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THIS YEAR LIKE MY PARENTS SAID BECAUSE I CAN ACTUALLY GET AN A IN BIOLOGY AND NOW I CAN'T TAKE THE AP EXAM AND I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN BIOLOGY AND IT'S OVER AND IT'S ALL MY FAULT IT'S ALL MY STUPID PRIDE.

I'm finished. There's nothing I can do. If I say in this class I'm gonna end up with a B minus OR A C ON MY TRANSCRIPT and if I go into the regular class THEN I DROPPED THE AP CLASS.

I'm finished. No way I can reach my full potential now. It's over. I'm losing my mind from this. My parents are losing their minds. Maybe I should just die or something.
    Seriously, Do. Not. Hurt. Yourself. I'm so sorry about the test, but there's NOTHING in the whole world that hurting yourself can fix. NOTHING. Take a deep breath and wait five more minutes. Then take another deep breath and wait another five minutes. My brother lost his best friend because he (the friend) didn't wait five minutes.

Five minutes. Please, please, for the love of whatever higher power you believe in do not hurt yourself.

...And that is how I met your father.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    You'll still have AP Biology going for you. You KNOW you can ace that, and you KNOW that'll look good on your transcript, with or without Physics.

Also, if you want to be a Vet, why not go straight to a Vet college? Animal Planet always mentions a specific one which I can't remember at this specific moment...
    I can't because I'm applying early decision SO THEY WON'T SEE MY BIO GRADE ALL THEY'LL SEE IS THE PHYSICS GRADE.

And even then I won't be able to get in because I'M A LOSER.

4. - Top - End - #934

I hope I don't come off as insensitive or anything... but why does one need Physics to be a Veterinarian?

Still, I know that you'll be able to work it out somehow, Coffee. You certainly seem like the type of person who can work out things. It'll probably take work, but I have faith in you.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm finished. There's nothing I can do. If I say in this class I'm gonna end up with a B minus OR A C ON MY TRANSCRIPT and if I go into the regular class THEN I DROPPED THE AP CLASS.
    Stick with the AP class. You don't have a flawless 4.00, but don't throw away everything you built this into. If you don't soldier on and complete the AP, this course was for nothing.

Are you sure you can't take the AP Physics exam next semester? If you score high enough on that, it should reflect that you fought to learn the material despite a rough first semester.
    Last edited by Raging Gene Ray; 2009-12-23 at 07:55 PM.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Halfling in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

Even with the danger of sounding terribly trite and older-brotherish, I want to say this CoffeeIncluded: Feel this affection that we in this thread have for you. We believe in you, and don't you dare forget it, young lady! And don't worry, we won't let you slip into a situation where that's even a possibility.

Edit: Lack of sleep makes Monzach a bad speller.
    Last edited by Monzach; 2009-12-23 at 07:56 PM.

7. - Top - End - #937

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post
    I hope I don't come off as insensitive or anything... but why does one need Physics to be a Veterinarian?
    Because I'm applying to a science-oriented college.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Early decision? Coffee, that doesn't mean you can't still get in. Its not like the only applicants they allow are early decision. That'd be silly...

C'mon Coffee, you know you can get through this. Did you drop AP class? If you haven't yet, you've still a chance to pull it off. If you spend next semester EATING, BREATHING, and LIVING Physics, you can pull it up. If you have to drop out of the Crack Pairing Thread... DO IT.

Just don't give up Coffee. You're not a failure. You can always succeed. The only way you won't succeed is if you give up!

Btw, if you need a laugh, just image this: While I'm typing this, my grandmaw's caregiver is randomly lecturing my little brother about how he should obey my parents or he's gonna have a short life and have to beg God on his knees not to go to Hell, or something like that. It was quite random.

9. - Top - End - #939

GreataxeFighterGirl

Btw, if you need a laugh, just image this: While I'm typing this, my grandmaw's caregiver is randomly lecturing my little brother about how he should obey my parents or he's gonna have a short life and have to beg God on his knees not to go to Hell, or something like that. It was quite random.
    Grammas are great that way, aren't they?

When I was young, my grandma used to give me little hints about me needing Jesus in my life to save me. Like, you know, saying that very phrase to me. Or giving me, a confirmed atheist from age 10 upwards, a "Boys' own little book of illustrated Bible stories" as a random gift. She was a precious old dear, though, and I miss her. It's been 9 years now since she died and I still think of her sometimes. But, I still get my dose of God-propaganda, just from a new generation. Namely my Mom.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground

Coffee, do you think that the only way to become a vet is graduate head of your class in high school, get into a top college, graduate valedictorian there, get into a top medical college, and graduate top of your class there?

If that were the case, there would not be anywhere near as many vets as we need.

You can still get into a top college even without a shining 4.0. And even if you don't go to a top college, you can still ace your MCAT and get into a top medical college. And even if you don't get your degree in veterinary medicine from a top medical college, you will still be a vet.

You can still get in. You can still take the AP exam in Physics - and the AP exam in Biology. And you can reapply again. Don't let the fact you aren't Early Decision stop you.
    Last edited by Raging Gene Ray; 2009-12-23 at 08:13 PM.

11. - Top - End - #941

There's a nightmare that I've repeatedly had as a child, and throughout my entire life.

In it, I meet my future self...And she's nothing. She's a pathetic loser who has done absolutely NOTHING with her life and the chances given to her. Nothing at all.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Actually, the funny part was that its not my grandmaw. Its the random stranger assigned to watch her for most of each day. So it was kinda awkward and kinda funny when this random nurse chick just walks into the living room and starts lecturing my brother.

And Coffee, I can honestly tell you this - you'll never be that loser. Never. Look how upset you are right now. Somebody with that much drive and passion will NEVER be a failure. They won't let themselves be.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2009-12-23 at 08:13 PM.

13. - Top - End - #943

And Coffee, I can honestly tell you this - you'll never be that loser. Never. Look how upset you are right now. Somebody with that much drive and passion will NEVER be a failure. They won't let themselves be.
    Why else do you think this is killing me? If I drop the class, I'm giving up.

14. - Top - End - #944

GreataxeFighterGirl

There's a nightmare that I've repeatedly had as a child, and throughout my entire life.

In it, I meet my future self...And she's nothing. She's a pathetic loser who has done absolutely NOTHING with her life and the chances given to her. Nothing at all.
    Okay, Coffee, let me tell you something. I had the same fears growing up. And you know what? I graduated high school in the top three of my school. And I was two years younger than my eventual classmates. I didn't get to university straight away, in fact, I ended up depressed and took, eventually, four years off. Now I'm almost 28 and I'm still at university. I have a good parttime job in a field I have an education for and still have time for random stuff like, y'know, this thread.

Trust me, your life is what you make of it. You shouldn't beat yourself on the head about it beforehand. You need to know that your life will only become what you make of it, but don't get stuck into the rut of fearing the future.

You are a bright young lady, and you need to learn to believe it yourself.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Orc in the Playground

So don't. Forgive me for being a little rude, but suck it up and carry on. You've got drive and ambition. There's no way you'll let yourself become some unemployed slob, so keep calm and carry on.

I mean, my dad was told by his guidance councilor that he shouldn't even bother applying to college, that he'd be better off just getting a job in the plant. He wasn't a very good listener, going to college, and is now an executive at a large-ish company.

The guidance councilor wound up hitting on my grandma at my grandpa's funeral. Just to bring the post back to the Grandma topic.

16. - Top - End - #946

GreataxeFighterGirl

Actually, the funny part was that its not my grandmaw. Its the random stranger assigned to watch her for most of each day. So it was kinda awkward and kinda funny when this random nurse chick just walks into the living room and starts lecturing my brother.
    I just need to say on thing: That's really awkward and random, dude.

Almost as random as this time me and a bunch of my mates ran into a woman dressed as a cow in the city streets. On a normal Friday night. And she was walking quite normally, talking with a normally dressed female friend.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Well, Coffee, there are two ways to look at dropping the class. If you stick with it, you're not giving up. But you'll be biting off a lot that you may not be able to chew. But if you REEEEEEEAALLLLYYYY push yourself, I think you can do it. You'll just have to dedicate most of your life to it. But if you drop it... You won't be giving up, so much as taking a slight step backwards so you can get into a better position and then take a huge stride forward. Does that make sense? You'll be able to clear your mind and focus on the regular Physics class - and you'll DESTROY IT. You'll blast through there with an A, leaving a trail of perfect scores and stunned teachers in your wake. And then next year, you'll do the same with AP Bio. When it comes to college, you won't have AP Physics on your resume - just an A in regular Physics, which will still count for a whole friggin' lot.

18. - Top - End - #948

GreataxeFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseMuncher View Post
    I mean, my dad was told by his guidance councilor that he shouldn't even bother applying to college, that he'd be better off just getting a job in the plant. He wasn't a very good listener, going to college, and is now an executive at a large-ish company.
    My mom was told at my birth that I was paraplegic, blind, deaf and would never breath unassisted. Much less eat by myself. Or, y'know...do anything.

I was diagnosed with severe learning disabilities at age five. They recommended that I should not go to a regular school. I was branded an idiot at five, basically.

Did I mention that I graduated high school in the top three of my class? And am now at university?

The guidance councilor wound up hitting on my grandma at my grandpa's funeral. Just to bring the post back to the Grandma topic.
    Epic. Lulz.

And, yeah, that guy sounds like kind of a...um...I can't think of a family friendly term unfriendly enough.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Monzach View Post
    I can't think of a family friendly term unfriendly enough.
    I propose "Bozzok."
    Formerly known as Discord here and Maladin on avatarspirit.net.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Titan in the Playground

She came crying to me about it and we had a pm chat over it. And I tried to help her out, but I don't think I did very much then delay her dwelling on it. But I think you guys have helped her alot more then what I did. Thank you.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

21. - Top - End - #951

...The thing is that I just don't want to hurt anymore.

22. - Top - End - #952

GreataxeFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    I propose "Bozzok."
    Hmm, yeah, that works.

I was thinking of "Nazgūl" at one point.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ogre in the Playground

Would a Nazgūl hit on anything though? Other than with their swords?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    She came crying to me about it and we had a pm chat over it. And I tried to help her out, but I don't think I did very much then delay her dwelling on it. But I think you guys have helped her alot more then what I did. Thank you.
    I now order that "we're a family through and through" becomes this thread's motto.
    Formerly known as Discord here and Maladin on avatarspirit.net.

24. - Top - End - #954

GreataxeFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    Would a Nazgūl hit on anything though? Other than with their swords?
    Well, I was thinking mainly of the blackness of their souls and the basic...creepiness.

I now order that "we're a family through and through" becomes this thread's motto.
    How about "Love - it's not just about the squick anymore"?

25. - Top - End - #955
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

...The thing is that I just don't want to hurt anymore.
    Be very, very careful with such thoughts. They lead to dark places, and that is nowhere you should ever allow yourself to go.

Its not the end of the world, Coffee. Even if it does hurt, it won't hurt forever. You'll get through this. You're strong. Stronger than any of us. I mean really, you want to be a Vet? That's something I would never even dare to attempt, even though I wanted to when I was younger. You're actually acting on your desires, and trying to follow your dreams.

Also, even if you don't get into one of those super-duper colleges (and you will get in), there's plenty of other places to go and learn to be a vet at. When one door shuts, another one opens...

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

Be very, very careful with such thoughts. They lead to dark places, and that is nowhere you should ever allow yourself to go.

Its not the end of the world, Coffee. Even if it does hurt, it won't hurt forever. You'll get through this. You're strong. Stronger than any of us. I mean really, you want to be a Vet? That's something I would never even dare to attempt, even though I wanted to when I was younger. You're actually acting on your desires, and trying to follow your dreams.
    Exactly!

I could never be a vet due to the fact I can't stand animals dying. Seriously, in Lord of the Rings 3, I was really hurting when the horses were getting destroyed by the elephant things. What hurt the most was when one of the foots stepped on a horse's head.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2009-12-23 at 08:40 PM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

27. - Top - End - #957

Coffeeincluded, I'm not good with this kind of situation, but I'd just like to say that in the scheme of all things one bad grade isn't really that bad. I hope I was able to help in even a very tiny itty-bitty way.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor Person Guy View Post
    O-kay, that is a lot of spelling errors. And weren't we in a courtroom or something just a minute ago?

Still, the story's good, and you certainly have a grasp of the characters' personalities. And since Part two was much better than Part one, I guess that means you're improving. Keep that up and by the time you're done, you might have something to rival even Water-Smurf.
    Thanks. I had a feeling there was a lot of mistakes. I'm going to spend a lot of time on the next one. And the second one is a scene change that takes place later after a mob of angry citizens try to kill Redcloak. See below.

Spoiler
    Show

The citizens thought the trial would go quickly and the goblin would get hung very soon. When he was promised an attorney, that meant the case could go on for years. People want a show, not a long, drawn-out, tax money wasting project of the paladins and Hinjo knew it.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Orc in the Playground

I hate to completely change the subject, but anyone up to doing part 4 of the round robin?

Here's what we've got so far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Vaarsuvius's eyes opened slowly, the last traces of memories drifting back into the past. And mercifully, they were no longer memories of the soldiers, once forsaken, never to be forgotten, but at least the elf was now forgiven. The ceiling swam into view.

Ceiling.

Vaarsuvius almost jumped in shock, heart racing, and looked around the room. It shouldn't be a room, it should be a desert. They were in the middle of a desert, searching for Girard's gate. The room stayed unwaiveringly real.

A warm hand touched the elf's bare shoulder, and Vaarsuvius realised with a creeping dread than not only was this not the desert, not only was the elf in an unfamiliar room in an unfamiliar bed, but the only thing preserving the Elf's modesty was a layer of sheets and blankets.

And the hand. There was someone else here. Vaarsuvius stared at the unfamiliar human who had reached out and was now creeping their hand up to one pointed ear. Sleepy eyes met the elf's and their owner smiled.

"You're awake early. Last night was something huh?"

Vaarsuvius stared, wide-eyed, and a small indistinct sound escaped the elf's throat. If the elf had been any other humanoid this could have been dismissed as a dream. But elves don't dream; this was real. The next second the mage had scrambled out of the bed and was pulling on the discarded robe that had been strewn haphazardly over a chair, presumably during the 'last night' of which there was no recollection.

"Wait, what -" the human started, but Vaarsuvius had already sped out of the door.

Vaarsuvius didn't get far. The door led to a corridor, and just as the elf was making an impromptu retreat another door opened a short distance along. The elf ran full-on into the person who then stepped out into the corridor, knocking the wind out of both of them. This gave them both an opportunity to notice who they had collided with.

"What in the nine hells are you?" Vaarsuvius exclaimed at the other figure.

"I could ask you the same." the other Vaarsuvius hissed back.

Neither Vaarsuvius had time to respond, because the strange human emerged from the bedroom, shaking his dark hair out of his blue eyes. "Hey, I don't know what your problem is, but-" He stopped short at the sight of the two Vaarsuviui.

"There are two of you." He said this with the air of someone who, upon arriving late to their own birthday party, was informed that all of the cake had been eaten.

"Who are you?" said the second Vaarsuvius, at the same time that the first said, "No there are not!"

"Sure looks like there are two of you," he said, in the same, slightly wounded voice. "And I, am the Sorcerer Xykon." He said this with flourish, as if they should know this already, and were slightly stupid for not.

The first Vaarsuvius let out a shrill squawk, and the second glared, shouting, "First you steal my image, and then you sleep with my enemy using it?"

"I did not steal your image, Interloper! If anything, I should be reducing you to a pile of soot! I am a wizard, fiend!"

"You're a wizard?" Xykon's voice took on a chilly edge, but neither Vaarsuvius heard him. They were sizing each other up, looking for weaknesses. "Hey! Elf Chick! Look at me when I am talking to you!" He roughly grabbed what he thought was his Vaarsuvius by the shoulders, spinning the elf to face him.

"I am not a 'Chick!' You seek my doppleganger." spat the 2nd Vaarsuvius.

"Great. Just frickin' great. I manage to shack up with some freaky clone elf wizard chick. This is just freakin' spectacular." He released the male elf, and grabbed the female by the throat.

"I oughta break your neck." The shouting had attracted attention. All up and down the hall, tousled heads poked out of heavy oak doors, similar expressions of shock and horror on each face.

Vaarsuvius was gasping for air when a door opened and... Vaarsuvius looked out. But not at her self, but the spliced her.

"What's going on." the spliced Vaarsuvius said with a tired voice.

"Another one. Wait you're that bitch I almost killed. Are you the same or do you only have one of those faces?" Xykon screamed.

"Well we are twins but that one I don't know about." The male elf said.

"Any ways. Fire ball." the female elf roared and pointed a finger to the... goth elf. Next they all stared at her finger that had absolutly not launched a fire ball.

"Sis we don't have our spellbooks. Nor any components." the male one said.
    "I don't think we got enough sleep last night to continue with things that are bad for us..."

Now Xykon realised that he didn't have any spells. The goth elf smiled.
    "Five, four, three, two, one. Why can't I wake up? Is it real?"

29. - Top - End - #959
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

The best I can come up with is for Ciaphas Cain to barge in and blast Xykon. So I'm going to have to decline for the time being.

Coffee? How ya doing?

30. - Top - End - #960

Coffee? How ya doing?
    ...The problem is that I hate myself. I mean I absolutely DESPISE myself.

I just took an opportunity away from myself, the best opportunity, because I was stubborn and prideful. And it's all my fault.