New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Thing you need to know about the first season of Angel. Thing you need to know, is...it's not good.

The show gets better, but the first season is sort of bad.
    See, I watched the 5th season and caught bits of the 4th.
    I'm liking it but this doesn't match up to, say, Buffy's first season. It feels too much like they're setting up plots for later series than they are developing current ones.

Also I liked Doyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    Too late! Ahahaha.

@Jibar: On the topic of Angel, I saw a comic today that was an Angel/Jim Henson Puppets crossover. When Angel is a felt puppet it adds a certain... surrealness to the whole franchise.
    That's not just a comic.

That's an episode.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

2. - Top - End - #602
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Too late! Ahahaha.

@Jibar: On the topic of Angel, I saw a comic today that was an Angel/Jim Henson Puppets crossover. When Angel is a felt puppet it adds a certain... surrealness to the whole franchise.
    Smite you in the face! Why did you cut it?

And Angel actually had an episode with an ANgel puppet. 'Twas funny and really weird. Especially when he fought - or spoke - to a werewolf and was oozing stuffing.
    Hehe.
    Stuffing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

3. - Top - End - #603
    Banned

Hmm. I would've thought you'd do Chiron Beta Prime. How disappointing, this means I will have to refine my observations.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Figured you'd know that one for sure. Probably the Kinks one too, but there isn't enough Kinks in the world.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #605
    Banned

Is that a clever pun designed to seduce me? That's sexual harassment.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Oh, come now. It wouldn't be Christmas otherwise.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2009-12-16 at 07:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Oh well. 's just grades. I'm not supposed to care, right?
    Whether or not you care is your own affair, but in your chosen career, it's not likely to matter much, at least not directly. But learning is good, and hopefully not entirely disconnected!
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

8. - Top - End - #608

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
    SPORTS!
    ATHLETICS!!
    No! No! You shall not capture me. I will not be beated by an ex-athlete! Even if he is now doing a Masters degree in Math and something complicated and to do with binary stars which is pretty sweet.
    But I will not be beaten by you.
    I was mostly just making the point that I don't think you can outrun me. Also,
    You shall not capture me. I will not be beated by an ex-athlete!
    These two sentences arrived in my head in the voice of Bluebottle.

Sweet!

CURLY plays:
    The Wrath of Achilles and The World's Greatest Playwright!
    Wrath of Achilles goes into aristeia mode. It's super-effective!
    The World's Greatest Playwright rewrites THUFIR's history making him an evil man. THUFIR's POPULARITY RATINGS take a critical hit!
    THUFIR plays:
    Magnetohydrodynamics in Binary Stars and Internet Sci-fi Reinterpretation!
    Magnetohydrodynamics in Binary Stars goes into advanced mathematics/physics mode. It's super-effective!
    Internet Sci-fi Reinterpretation makes THUFIR a popular mad scientist character to the vast majority of geeks via several alternate history stories. THUFIR's POPULARITY RATINGS are restored!

@Angel conversation: Smile Time is hilarious. "You're a wee little puppet man!"
    Last edited by Thufir; 2009-12-16 at 07:43 PM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ettin in the Playground

Rutskarn: Feliz Navidad? My Spanish teacher had us learn Jingle Bells in Spanish and sing it in a round as a class.

Cascabel, cascabel
    Hoy es Navidad
    Es un día de alegría
    Y felicidad!

Awesome Medieval History Teacher is awesome purely by his subject. Is he also amazing for any other reasons?
    He's the weirdest dude ever. He's super soft-spoken but has this serial killer stare . . . probably he's only 35, but he's always making jokes about how young we are. And there was this one time where he was in the middle of a quasi-lecture (it's a discussion class, so he never talks for that long) when suddenly he looked up at one of the guys and said

"You're a member of a fraternity?"
    Guy: "Yeah."
    "Huh."
    Guy: "What?"
    "Nothing. It's just guys like you who used to beat me up for being nerdy in high school."

And another time he had a similar moment that went

"You know, sometimes I despair at Whitman students because they just don't seem nerdy enough to me! I mean, I'm willing to bet that some of you could have been popular in high school!"

And he's always going on about the Beatles and Monty Python. He said one time he sponsored a viewing of The Life of Brian for a class and he got up there before they watched it and announced, "I want you to take every single detail you see in this film as one hundred percent historically accurate. Got it?"

So, yes. There's plenty of proof of his awesomeness beyond the fascinating subject.

10. - Top - End - #610

[QUOTE=Thufir;7517124]I was mostly just making the point that I don't think you can outrun me. Also,
    These two sentences arrived in my head in the voice of Bluebottle.[/QUOTE}

Undoubtedly, I hate running. And who's Bluebottle?

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    THUFIR plays:
    Magnetohydrodynamics in Binary Stars and Internet Sci-fi Reinterpretation!
    Magnetohydrodynamics in Binary Stars goes into advanced mathematics/physics mode. It's super-effective!
    Internet Sci-fi Reinterpretation makes THUFIR a popular mad scientist character to the vast majority of geeks via several alternate history stories. THUFIR's POPULARITY RATINGS are restored!
    o.O

CURLY is hit. It's super-effective! 8000/9050
    CURLY plays:
    The Bodleian Library. The Bodleian activates its special power!
    CURLY writes a world famous fantasy series. CURLY's POPULARITY RATINGS increase! RISING INTEREST in fantasy and literature decrease the power of all mathematics based monsters and theorums.
    The Bodleian withdraws all mathematical journals! There is nothing left for Magnetohydrodynamics in Binary Stars to survive on!

@Angel conversation: Smile Time is hilarious. "You're a wee little puppet man!"
    Best quotation fro that series. Ever. It's also my favourite episode solely for that three or so minute sequence where Spike finds out about Angel.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

11. - Top - End - #611
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Rutskarn: Feliz Navidad? My Spanish teacher had us learn Jingle Bells in Spanish and sing it in a round as a class.

Cascabel, cascabel
    Hoy es Navidad
    Es un día de alegría
    Y felicidad!
    What? That's terrible. It hardly resembles the original song, and it doesn't even deal with jingling bells outside the first line.

Now, to be fair, this is probably something the teacher came up with herself, and not the standard for Jingle Bells in Spanish-speaking countries. If it was, though, that'd be disappointing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

D:

D:

And I thought you were cool.

The hair was too long, too big for his boots, it was either him or me.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    What? That's terrible. It hardly resembles the original song, and it doesn't even deal with jingling bells outside the first line.

Now, to be fair, this is probably something the teacher came up with herself, and not the standard for Jingle Bells in Spanish-speaking countries. If it was, though, that'd be disappointing.
    Better than making up Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes, which is apparently standard in all spanish classes.
    Avatar by Recaiden Find more Necrons here
    Spoiler
    Show

Arena Characters: Gronk 2-1

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ettin in the Playground

I love my College Bowl team.

We currently have a hundred e-mail long chain that consists mostly of one-liners to make our catch-phrase and references to Firefly.

In related news, more people have professed that I am their favorite person ever today than in a long time.

15. - Top - End - #615

o.O Koorly doesn't know the Goon Show?

o.O

CURLY is hit. It's super-effective! 8000/9050
    CURLY plays:
    The Bodleian Library. The Bodleian activates its special power!
    CURLY writes a world famous fantasy series. CURLY's POPULARITY RATINGS increase! RISING INTEREST in fantasy and literature decrease the power of all mathematics based monsters and theorems.
    The Bodleian withdraws all mathematical journals! There is nothing left for Magnetohydrodynamics in Binary Stars to survive on!
    THUFIR plays:
    Logic. Logic points out that since the advanced knowledge of mathematics we have acquired over the years has a great number of applications in many extremely lucrative and interesting fields, this would never happen. CURLY's play is declared null and void, except for the fantasy series because I want to read it.

Best quotation from that series. Ever. It's also my favourite episode solely for that three or so minute sequence where Spike finds out about Angel.
    I dunno, I'm quite fond of the cavemen vs. astronauts argument...
    Also, my absolute favourite bits tend to be the more serious moments.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

16. - Top - End - #616

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Dogmantra: 18-odd
    I find this incredibly amusing. I always thought my voice was too high. Heh. Phase sucks at telling ages from voices. Write that on all your job applications. Maybe they'll feel sorry for you.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

17. - Top - End - #617

Aw man, one of my housemates is back. I was enjoying having the house to myself.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

18. - Top - End - #618
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aw man, one of my housemates is back. I was enjoying having the house to myself.
    Lounging about in your underwear, that sort of thing?
    Avatar by Recaiden Find more Necrons here
    Spoiler
    Show

Arena Characters: Gronk 2-1

19. - Top - End - #619

In winter? You must be joking.

Nah, I didn't really do anything different (Well, I sang more, and louder), but I just like my solitude at times. Also, I can find it easier to do big tasks (Like lengthy cooking or washing up or whatever) when I'm alone. I can get self-conscious about odd things.
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

Nah, I didn't really do anything different (Well, I sang more, and louder), but I just like my solitude at times. Also, I can find it easier to do big tasks (Like lengthy cooking or washing up or whatever) when I'm alone. I can get self-conscious about odd things.
    Same here. I'll get nervous about doing little things that I normally would do without second thought on my own. like eating. for some reason I'm really self conscious about having people watch me eat or eat with me. not with my family though, just people from school and those that I'm not super close with. which is a lot of people.

21. - Top - End - #621

Quote Originally Posted by Perenelle View Post
    Same here. I'll get nervous about doing little things that I normally would do without second thought on my own. like eating. for some reason I'm really self conscious about having people watch me eat or eat with me. not with my family though, just people from school and those that I'm not super close with. which is a lot of people.
    Quick! Do something impressive!

*summons up a crowd that stares intently at Perenelle*
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

22. - Top - End - #622
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Satellite doggy.

RaWrr Kitty.

Christmas card failure.

EDIT: Ew, my teeth.
    Last edited by CrimsonAngel; 2009-12-16 at 09:26 PM.
    ____

23. - Top - End - #623
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post

*blindfolds crowd*

There. Now you can do whatever you want without Dragonprime's crowd staring at you.
    My commiepuppy was a gift from BRC

Timeless Error stole all the things that I could possibly be mistaken for. *happy dances*

I made my avatar. If you want to see other stuff I made, click here.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ogre in the Playground

noo..... *hides*

25. - Top - End - #625

noo..... *hides*
    Quick, after the nervous girl!
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not that self conscious about having people watch me eat or eating with other people, unless they obviously look like they are staring at me. Often I sit at a small table at school if there is no opportunity to talk to someone I know.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

27. - Top - End - #627
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quick, after the nervous girl!
    Okay, I guess your crowd has x-ray vision or something. This leads me to believe that they are Kryptonians. So...

*throws kryptonite into the crowd*

Perenelle?...Are you okay?
    My commiepuppy was a gift from BRC

Timeless Error stole all the things that I could possibly be mistaken for. *happy dances*

I made my avatar. If you want to see other stuff I made, click here.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Troll in the Playground

Hey guys, I've got a favor to ask of you. I kinda fancy myself as a House producer, and I've been struggling to make a song I actually like. I got one, finally, and I'd love to hear some opinions.

nailed down+on fire

29. - Top - End - #629

Quote Originally Posted by groundhog22 View Post
    Okay, I guess your crowd has x-ray vision or something. This leads me to believe that they are Kryptonians. So...

Eh? You never exactly restrained my crowd in any way. They just took off the blindfolds.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by groundhog22 View Post

*peaks out from inside cave*
    yup. perfectly content here in my cave. where the mob cant get me.