New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    I hope it's broadcast on Boxing Day because that's when I intended to watch it! (shakes bbc.co.uk until a viewing schedule falls out)
    That's when it is! I keep forgetting. I remembered everything else though. Five o'clock, Channel 2 right?

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    Speaking of holiday viewing, if anyone sees Toy Story or Toy Story 2 on the upcoming schedule, flag it for me please. Somehow my husband has missed out on seeing either. I can't even show him the outtakes without spoiling a plot point or two.
    Toy Story: Christmas Day, 18:45, RTE 2.
    Toy Story 2: Boxing Day, 09:20, Disney Cinemagic.

I don't know about Toy Story 2, but you can definitely catch the first one.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-12-24 at 02:36 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    That's when it is! I keep forgetting. I remembered everything else though. Five o'clock, Channel 2 right?

Toy Story: Christmas Day, 18:45, RTE 2.
    Toy Story 2: Boxing Day, 09:20, Disney Cinemagic.

I don't know about Toy Story 2, but you can definitely catch the first one.
    Toy Story 2 was okay.

Anyone?

3. - Top - End - #1053

I liked it, the song was okay; the animation was excellent as were the characters. The antagonist was a bit 'meh', but the idea of rejection was wonderfully treated.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Banned

Sorry, Sneak, it's been too long. All I remember is my group breaking into cheers at the geek-appropriate Big Reveal, greatly annoying the other five people in the cinema--the anticipation had been killing us!

Thank you CurlyKitGirl for the schedule complete with localization!

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Barbarian in the Playground

Christmas is finally over.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ettin in the Playground

I liked Toy Story 2. Having younger brothers as I do, I still see it frequently.

In other news: I've started watching Doctor Who. I've only seen like four episodes and I'm already hooked.

7. - Top - End - #1057

@Quin: The internet is a lovely thing, and it didn't take all that long to find. D'you have both the channels?

EDIT:
    @DeeRee: Which Doctor? Tennant? Baker? Pertwee? (By the by, these are my mum's three favourite Doctors.) I'm pretty sure it's Tennant though. Mum, having seen all ten of the Doctors says that Tennant's one of the best of the lot, I think she rated him second. I don't think it was First.
    Ah mum, one of the original generation of the Hiders Behind the Sofa.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2009-12-24 at 04:01 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ettin in the Playground

@Quin: The internet is a lovely thing, and it didn't take all that long to find. D'you have both the channels?

EDIT:
    @DeeRee: Which Doctor? Tennant? Baker? Pertwee? (By the by, these are my mum's three favourite Doctors.) I'm pretty sure it's Tennant though. Mum, having seen all ten of the Doctors says that Tennant's one of the best of the lot, I think she rated him second. I don't think it was First.
    Yeah, it's Tennant. We're watching whatever season it is with Martha, because my brother (who's seen a lot more than I) says that she's his favorite companion.

In other news: I got my grades back for the semester!

Amusingly enough, I've got

Least favorite class: A
    Second-most-favorite class: A-
    Favorite class: B+
    Spanish: B

Amusing because my favorite is my second-to-worst grade and my least favorite is my best. Ah, well. That's a 3.5 GPA. Not the 4.0 I've pulled every term until now, but not bad either.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You don't know horror until you see the look David Tennant's face multiplied by about 20 after you've just got done having a roll in the hay though.

HORROR AND GENERAL PERTUBATION, indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Hamlet either tomorrow or Boxing Day. Why? It's Hamlet. With Patrick Stewart. I've always wanted to see a production of Hamlet. Oh, did I mention it has Patrick Stewart as . . . the uncle, I think.
    IIRC Patrick Stewart plays Claudius. Well, I laughed when I heard it...

Merry Xmas btw. May Santa be as a generous DM, showering you all with (well-earned, hard-fought-for) candy and bling. May your turkey be succulent, and your stuffing served in an everfull bowl.

*wombles off to watch Muppets Christmas Carol*

♪ After all there's only one more sleep 'til Christmas ♪
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2009-12-24 at 05:18 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1061

*Looks at clock*

Happy Decemberween everybloody!

Also I just wrapped my presents now, while watching the recorded Doctor Who Confidential for the last special. How's that for last minute?
    (Answer: Not quite as impressive as the time I forgot to wrap my brother's present, so quickly did it on christmas morning and smuggled it down inside my shirt so no-one noticed. Fortunately my chair is right next to the christmas tree.)

(Edit: The forum clock is slow...)
    Last edited by Thufir; 2009-12-24 at 06:55 PM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

Merry Christmas from Englandland.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Merry Christmas from Englandland.
    "Yesterday, 11:56 PM"

Hmmmmmmm....

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    "Yesterday, 11:56 PM"

Hmmmmmmm....
    Hmmm, indeed.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Pixie in the Playground

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas

16. - Top - End - #1066

Guess what? I'm posting from Miami. I'm currently at the airport waiting for my flight home. The wait is something like 4 hours but thanks to Google I have free WiFi

The flight here was fun. The kid besides me had the most awesome accent so it didn't bother me at all that he talked for all three hours of the flight. Also the pilot's last name was Batman! Actually it was Bateman but the guy on the speaker misread it as Batman

BTW is Spanish an official language in Miami or something like that? I swear I've heard more people talking in Spanish than people talking in English. Even the messages on the speakers are bilingual.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ettin in the Playground

Happy non-religious, politically correct holiday season everypeople! And a Happy New Year to those who follow the Gregorian calendar!

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fostire View Post
    BTW is Spanish an official language in Miami or something like that? I swear I've heard more people talking in Spanish than people talking in English. Even the messages on the speakers are bilingual.
    It might as well be.

(Insert crotchety old American "Why won't they speak English?" tyrade)

I lived in Key West for about 8 years. It's not quite as bad as Miami, but still. Annoying.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

19. - Top - End - #1069

I could use a bit of Miami about now, it's considerably warmer and less snowy than here. My maternal grandfather and his wife usually spend a month down there each winter, and it seems like 90% of old people I know spend at least some time down there every year.
    Last edited by Zocelot; 2009-12-24 at 09:41 PM.
    Step 1: Get workers to make goods for you.
    Step 2: Sell the goods for a higher amount than what you pay the workers.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit!

Thanks to Mortugg for my current avatar, and for this steampunk version:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1070

I just got 8 new albums of music. It's worth about how much I make in a week.

GLEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

21. - Top - End - #1071

Quote Originally Posted by Fostire View Post
    Also the pilot's last name was Batman! Actually it was Bateman but the guy on the speaker misread it as Batman
    Batman is available as a last name!
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Toy Story 2 was okay.

Anyone?
    Metallica rocks...

Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    IIRC Patrick Stewart plays Claudius. Well, I laughed when I heard it...
    He plays Claudius and the ghost of Old Hamlet.
    And let me tell you, he was excellant on stage.

AND MEEERRRRYYY CHRIIIISSSTTMAAAAAS ONE AND ALL!

(Jibar slept about 2 hours last night)
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    He plays Claudius and the ghost of Old Hamlet.
    And let me tell you, he was excellent on stage.

AND MEEERRRRYYY CHRIIIISSSTTMAAAAAS ONE AND ALL!
    So a case of identical brothers then, eh?

Merry Clonemas! *clone hug*
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Barbarian in the Playground

So a case of identical brothers then, eh?
    That makes the fact Gertrude married Claudius all the more disturbing.

I guess it makes an easier transition for her, though.
    Spoiler
    Show

Pirate Lucky by Ceika, Lady Luck by Ego, Lucky Luke by Captain Van Der Decken

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

So, on a complete change of topic, I am bummed that I cannot practice my Rock Band drumming over the holidays. It seems my method for not killing my calf with the kick pedal is detrimental to sad pedal, since I broke it. Right in half. Now I've got this floppy part where the heel would normally rest and a very strongly sprung, but now free floating, springy half where the toes are supposed to go. Looks like I'll be buying a metal kick pedal for my fake plastic drum kit if Santa doesn't bring me one.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

26. - Top - End - #1076

Hello, Playground. It's four in the morning, and due to the snorefest between my two parents in our hotel room, I've decided to give up on the charade of getting any more sleep. I had to make improvised ear plugs with toilet paper, and have two pillows so I could cover both of my ears (I sleep on my side most of the time). Luckily this place has free wireless, so I can stay mildly entertained during the wee hours of the morning.

So, yeah. Merry Christmas. Haven't gotten many presents yet so far, but I didn't ask for a whole lot, so it's not that surprising. I'll get my small list of movies that I asked for once I return home.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Troll in the Playground

I guess I'll go second on Christmas Wishes. It's 8:53 AM here, my dad is cooking bacon to go with the baked french toast, and my sister's cat is playing with a little toy with a feather and a bell, while my brother hastily tries to wrap the presents he got for us.

Also, I totally kept half the house up because I forgot that my cell phone makes an annoying beeping noise when it runs out of power.

...So since that happened early, hopefully the rest of the day will be better. Merry Christmas everyone!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

I just saw Clue. Tim Curry has such a unique way of acting. It's great.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2009-12-25 at 09:39 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Banned

I got a leather jacket for Christmas. Now, equipped with fedora, leather jacket and hip flask I only require a six gun.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-12-25 at 09:43 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, time to spend Christmas day going to a birthday party and playing Far Cry 2...