New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings V - We Revel in Infamy

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Among other things:

That the universe is conspiring against me in this regard

I channel my repressed sexual frustration into teasing my friends who actually have boyfriends, but I don't know when to stop. (Though there are a lot of other reasons for that one too.)

My self-esteem is basically non-existent.
    So your therapist isn't in the "self-esteem should come mostly from within" camp?

I wonder what would happen if one of the OOTS characters got similar theraputic advice...
    That's what she said.
    Susan Sto Helit avatar by Felyndiira.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyDelusion View Post
    So your therapist isn't in the "self-esteem should come mostly from within" camp?

I wonder what would happen if one of the OOTS characters got similar theraputic advice...
    No, she is. I think it was partly a joke.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Orc in the Playground

No, she is. I think it was partly a joke.
    That makes a ton of difference, then. You gotta treat a joke like a joke, unless you're in a fanfic where your therapist makes a similar joke in which case you must take it completely seriously in order to milk the potential for humor and pairing-ness in the fic as much as possible. I might do further musing on this concept after I finish today's project if I can only choose a victim--I mean character!
    That's what she said.

4. - Top - End - #964

That makes a ton of difference, then. You gotta treat a joke like a joke, unless you're in a fanfic where your therapist makes a similar joke in which case you must take it completely seriously in order to milk the potential for humor and pairing-ness in the fic as much as possible. I might do further musing on this concept after I finish today's project if I can only choose a victim--I mean character!
    I know! I was saying it tongue-in-cheek.

Stupid inability to effectively convey sarcasm over the internet...

5. - Top - End - #965
    Orc in the Playground

I know! I was saying it tongue-in-cheek.

Stupid inability to effectively convey sarcasm over the internet...
    It is quite an inconvenience.

I wonder if a young Nale would take such advice seriously...
    That's what she said.

6. - Top - End - #966

It is quite an inconvenience.

I wonder if a young Nale would take such advice seriously...
    That would explain Sabine, yes.

And how's the story going?

7. - Top - End - #967
    Orc in the Playground

That would explain Sabine, yes.

And how's the story going?
    Hm...

Pretty well. Looking at the DnD section on TvTropes Power Perversion Potential page in the name of "research" is not the best plan I've ever come up with, but things are coming along nicely, nonetheless. I think I should finish it up between now and 1:00, or maybe even noon if a friend of mine stops texting me smilies every thirty seconds (it's nearly 11:30 now, where I am), and I'll edit and post it after lunch.
    That's what she said.

8. - Top - End - #968

Hm...

Pretty well. Looking at the DnD section on TvTropes Power Perversion Potential page in the name of "research" is not the best plan I've ever come up with, but things are coming along nicely, nonetheless. I think I should finish it up between now and 1:00, or maybe even noon if a friend of mine stops texting me smilies every thirty seconds (it's nearly 11:30 now, where I am), and I'll edit and post it after lunch.
    Hooray! I can't wait!

9. - Top - End - #969
    Orc in the Playground

Since the smilies are getting more persistent and I'm not the best at doing three things at once under any circumstance, I think I shall log off now until I'm ready to post the story.
    That's what she said.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Barbarian in the Playground

And why didn't they listen? My respect for them has just fallen even more.
    Basically what Asta Kask said. They figured that she had an unhealthy embarrassment and shame of sexuality, and by exposing it to her more, they could ease her development.

In the strip where Xykon is fighting the spirit paladins, he shouts "Gaah! I forgot how much pain tends to hurt!"

...Presumable it could work the other way too.
    ...Oh God, I'm imagining the scene. Makeitstopmakeitstopmakeitstop...

I don't see Reddy being too happy about any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Oooohaloophole View Post
    About The Tiasal/Xycon thing I must say that she better realize that he is much more Manipulative than she thinks he is.

He is using Subtle manipulation into nudging her into the belief that she is evil. She is doing bad acts but is not EVIL. He is Telling her things she wants to think like When she Zombifies that rat and he tells her to kill it and tells her since she is already evil its ok. And She buys it, She is letting Xycon Shape Her psyche.
    Of course he's manipulating her. That's what he does. But because of the fact that he doesn't play with her emotions the way she feels Right-Eye did and by virtue of the fact that he is always honest, she's willing to allow that. She doesn't expect him to be kind or have her best interests in heart. (And she may be suffering from mild Stockholm Syndrome.) The moment he lies to her, though, is the moment he loses any trust she has for him.

Pray that he lies, guys.

Do you know if it stayed true to the books? A Holmes fan friend of mine who hasn't seen it yet is wondering.
    When I saw it, it felt more like an action film than a mystery. Sure, it's fun to see, but don't expect a very Sherlock Holmes-y feel.

Definitely not gag-worthy. It might help you understand what I meant if I say that I don't equate "mushy" with "narm" (unless I say "mushy in a bad way").
    Ah, that's good. I can't shake the feeling that the whole thing was a mess of narm.

But I still feel the same way about the first Tiasal fic.

Is that a rhetorical question, or are you actually looking for an answer?
    An answer would actually be nice. I mean, is there a spell for that? There should be. I mean, most liches would probably be epic-level spell-casters, and not all of them would be so willing to give up sex like Xykon, so they should have thought of a spell or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    *chokes with laughter*

Luckily, that would only matter for as long as it takes to say "High level cleric .vs. NPC".
    What if V refused to tell Reddy what the elf with the molten eyes would do? I mean, for all he'd know, the elf could have just been a really creepy old friend of Vaarsuvius that reminded her of something bad.

What's sad is that - the age gap and teacher/student dynamic aside - I think Aandy would have been a much better match for V than Kyrie was.
    Probably, but Aarindarius's love for V has been pretty thoroughly cemented as filial. He would have been good for her. Pity.
    Last edited by Water-Smurf; 2010-01-10 at 09:02 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Banned

Shiny Delusion: OUCH, that was harsh...(Completely deserved but still).
    I just reread what I wrote and I think I was high or something! What the hell? Telling people that Fanfiction is evil? Sheesh I sound like those 60s moms saying that DnD leads to the devil. I finaly got what troll was. Its an anoying dude that instead of shutting up procedes to call other people "STUPID POOPY HEADS". Dam I feel stupid.

Watersmurf: I meant that if you have a built in system of right and wrong its very hard to "Truly" bend it. She already knows that Kill bad, and a freeky lich who tells me im evil (HA a LIE!) doesnt exactly inspire lust. He lacks anything atractive , A persona at all, morals, physical stuff its like if I told a Ugly person "Your ugly" it doesnt atract much. Its your story but I thought that It would be funny if Xycon atracted was to her and it realy freeks her out (HA TAKE THAT Tsukio). Also I believe your latest story was fun and dandy but wouldnt it be a very dark plot twist if It turns out that Vs parents are now succubuses (As likely as a person faling in love to a lich) and are sent by the IFCC (Or is it ICCF?) to collect her soul.

Originally Posted by Zanaril
    I just remembered this:
    http://www.squidi.net/comic/amd/view.php?ep=3&id=66
    HAHAHAHHAHA....Sound like a funny comic.
    Last edited by Oooohaloophole; 2010-01-09 at 12:45 PM.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    What if V refused to tell Reddy what the elf with the molten eyes would do? I mean, for all he'd know, the elf could have just been a really creepy old friend of Vaarsuvius that reminded her of something bad.
    In that case, we hope that Redcloak knows V well enough to realise something's wrong before it's too late.

Or even better, that the situation never arises at all.

Probably, but Aarindarius's love for V has been pretty thoroughly cemented as filial. He would have been good for her. Pity.
    A pity indeed. There's so much potential for that pairing. Sexy, ear-stroking potential. Yes, I'm still pining for that lime.

Quote Originally Posted by Oooohaloophole View Post
    HAHAHAHHAHA....Sound like a funny comic.
    Unfortunately it's no longer updated. It's worth reading though.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-01-09 at 02:28 PM.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

13. - Top - End - #973

Unfortunately it's no longer updated. It's worth reading though.
    Don't remind me. It still has a place in my folder of webcomics I read. I know in my heart that it will update again! Someday!
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

My sentiments exactly, but, alas, it looks like, unsatisfied with failing to close the thread, he's back for more. And that is the last thing I will say about or to him.
    That "invisible word trick" sure is nifty. I have quoted it, that I might learn its secret and steal it from you. I am like a thief in the night. Behold as I ruin this thread with my poor writing. :P

Dark_Stryke, fantastic next chapter of "It Started With A Kiss". You've really gotten the characters personalities down, and several lines made me laugh. This one, in particular:

"Haley?" A voice called hesitantly from the other cell. "It's Elan, your boyfriend. Now, I've done hard time before, and I know it changes a man, and I guess it changes a girl too. But I just want you to know that these feelings you're having are just the result of your long isolation, and that I don't think you should give in to your urges."
    I can't wait for more of your work. Also, thank you for the compliment you gave me in your response to Oooohaloophole, though I don't think it's deserved. I'm really not that good of a writer.

Dark Apprentice, I liked your first attempt, and I can't wait to see more of your work. It seemed in character and to flow well, even if the very ending seemed a little too mushy. But I like that, because I'm an overly romantic fool.

Sereg, the Haley/Celia fic was adorable. Also, and I know I might regret this...I'm looking forward to seeing how you did RoyXEugene.
    Last edited by Nathander; 2010-01-09 at 01:02 PM.
    Assistant Executioneer of the Fanclub

Grunt Spearman of the Fanclub

15. - Top - End - #975
    Banned

You know I thought about Haleys Bisexuality and thought "Does everybody have this" I knew I think once in a while about how it would be like Homosexual. So I wondered does everybody has at least tiny piece of them that is bisexual? (Prays that other people will raise hands).
    Don't remind me. It still has a place in my folder of webcomics I read. I know in my heart that it will update again! Someday!
    Oh sorry For intruding Into your private life. (No offence but what is your avatar? Is it a flying jar?).

And LISTEN ALL PEOPLE WHO NOW HATE ME FOR LIGITIMATE REASONS!
    You have complete right to do so, Fanfiction is a way of having fun with writing. Not everything must be a Shakespearean play. So yeah, Sorry for troling.
    Last edited by Oooohaloophole; 2010-01-09 at 01:36 PM.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nathander View Post
    Dark_Stryke, fantastic next chapter of "It Started With A Kiss". You've really gotten the characters personalities down, and several lines made me laugh. This one, in particular:
    Thanks very much. That line was one of my favorites as well. I figured Elan is allowed to use big words and sound like he knows what he's talking about so long as he's completely wrong.

Shiny Delusion: I don't know if it stayed true to the books, because I haven't read them. A friend of mine has and said it was at least moderately true to the novels. It's still a good film, I think.

17. - Top - End - #977

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Stryke View Post
    Thanks very much. That line was one of my favorites as well. I figured Elan is allowed to use big words and sound like he knows what he's talking about so long as he's completely wrong.
    Very Elanish, to be sure. I loved that line as well.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ogre in the Playground

Darn, a random plot bunny just flew into my head.

Haley x....
    Spoiler
    Show
    genderswitched Elan and genderswitched Nale.

Well, maybe after my exams are over.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-01-09 at 01:56 PM.
    DeviantArt

19. - Top - End - #979

Darn, a random plot bunny just flew into my head.

Haley x....
    Spoiler
    Show
    genderswitched Elan and genderswitched Nale.

Well, maybe after my exams are over.
    Haley's Latent Bisexuality: *Passes out from joy*

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ogre in the Playground

Nale will, of course, retain his goatee.

And Sabine will join in, polymorphed into a female copy of the genderbent twins, with moustaches to allow the readers to tell them apart. (Haley naturally won't care about it since their facial hair certainly isn't what she's interested in.)
    Formerly known as Discord here and Maladin on avatarspirit.net.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    Nale will, of course, retain his goatee.

And Sabine will join in, polymorphed into a female copy of the genderbent twins, with moustaches to allow the readers to tell them apart. (Haley naturally won't care about it since their facial hair certainly isn't what she's interested in.)
    No, after they're finished the real Elan walks in on them.

Sabine polymorphs back into herself and admits it was fun while it lasted.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-01-09 at 02:12 PM.
    DeviantArt

22. - Top - End - #982

No, after they're finished the real Elan walks in on them.

Sabine polymorphs back into herself and admits it was fun while it lasted.
    No no no. Then Elan joins in.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ogre in the Playground

It reminds me that Haley must love having someone who knows Alter Self as her best friend; twice the Elan, twice the fun!

24. - Top - End - #984

It reminds me that Haley must love having someone who knows Alter Self as her best friend; twice the Elan, twice the fun!
    Hey, natural 18 Charisma!

And she's in the same room as V. But we already did this one.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ogre in the Playground

No no no. Then Elan joins in.
    Yes, after the above scenareo has taken place.

You can look like anyone, you say?

Ten minutes later:

What is all this noise ab- Oh. My. Gods.

Mis Starshine, I believe that the succubus need no longer look like that paladin; you now have the real thing.

Hey, when did you get here?!

I was here before you and Nale arrived. I initially hid under the bed.

So that's why Haley was already naked when we got here!

I'm so confused.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-01-09 at 02:23 PM.
    DeviantArt

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ogre in the Playground

Let's be honest; Haley x Miko is better than Haley x Elan.

If only because they both have 17+ Dex.

27. - Top - End - #987

Let's be honest; Haley x Miko is better than Haley x Elan.

If only because they both have 17+ Dex.
    Miko/Haley/Elan?

Elan/Shadowdancer, with erotic shadow puppets.

Which I have actually walked in on in real life.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-01-09 at 02:27 PM.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ogre in the Playground

Elan/Shadowdancer, with erotic shadow puppets.

Which I have actually walked in on in real life.
    What. But how...?
    DeviantArt

29. - Top - End - #989
    Ogre in the Playground

Crack Pairings X(XX): Everything Ends Up In An Orgy.

Meh, crack pairings are really starting to bore me. I'm out of here.

30. - Top - End - #990

What. But how...?
    Ribose and Mari.

A couple of years ago at nerd camp, which takes place at colleges. They were roommates and I had a room to myself literally right next door. It's how we became friends.

So one night I was brushing my teeth and was about to go to sleep when I walked past their room.

I heard talking, giggling, and...Sound effects.

Crack Pairings X(XX): Everything Ends Up In An Orgy.

Meh, crack pairings are really starting to bore me. I'm out of here.
    Wh-What?

...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-01-09 at 02:30 PM.