New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 419202122232425262728293031 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Eragon, Where Dragons dare

Percy

Despite the wards being broken in a dishonerable manner Percy takes this oppurtunity to strike. Moving to take out Eragon's throat with the Ebony Blade.

Leonidas

The Spartans break formation as the ghosts disapear. Looking to any surviving Elves. "Can you hit the possesed boy from here? Arrows? Magic? Anything?"
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

2. - Top - End - #842
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by industrious View Post
    Raistlin idly looks over the situation, his usual mocking laugh now slightly higher-pitched due to being in Arya's body.

"That's...quite a friend you have there, Mrs. Inverse. Such loyalty. Such dedication."
    At this point, Arya blinks. When her eyelids open again, Raistlin will see that Lina is now at the other side of the room, her hand streaking towards Gourry like a godly thunderbolt.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

As she touches him, the figure flickers and changes, the girls oozing into it. It now has the shape of an enormous figure, lumpy skin an odd, bluish color, like bruised, frozen meat. The head was that f a baby, tittering abomnibaly, and it's massive arms clapped together, grabbing Lina before she could twitch with inhuman timing.

Percy
    The blade draws a single drop of blood, but can't go any further, and Eragon launches a backhand that you desperately parry, his pummeling fists driving you back.

Leonidas
    The elves have been slaughtered, their technique relying on individual fighting rather then teamwork meaning they had no one to watch their backs.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Troll in the Playground

Raistlin

Leaning against the wall, the archmage blinks. "Fascinating."

Lu-Tze

Pressing his advantage, the monk shifts into Heron Wading in the Rushes(a dangerous stance that allowed for powerful blows but left one completely open), and attacked Eragon, fists striking at the back of the Rider's neck, and his kneecap.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

5. - Top - End - #845

Percy

Percy charges in again this time aiming for Eragon's spine. "Sorry about interupting your duel like this. Would either of you happen to have some flint on your persons?"

Leonidias

"Stay in formation. Artemis is in charge until I return." Leonidas explains passing the book to the younger Spartan.

Without another word Leonidas charges up towards the duel and throws his spear at Eragon's chest.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing the King rush over, Lu-Tze drops his guard for a moment to reach out a hand in warning to Leonidas. "Get away! Retreat! The Way demands it!"
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

7. - Top - End - #847
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    As she touches him, the figure flickers and changes, the girls oozing into it. It now has the shape of an enormous figure, lumpy skin an odd, bluish color, like bruised, frozen meat. The head was that f a baby, tittering abomnibaly, and it's massive arms clapped together, grabbing Lina before she could twitch with inhuman timing.
    "Wha- Aaaaaaah!!"
    Lina struggles to break free, but it is no use. Therefore, she tries another strategy, pressing her hand against the centre of its mass and shouting "DIGGER BOLT!"

This spell could be used at range, but it was most powerful when channeled directly into the target. (Note: "a direct hit by this spell most likely means death" applies to normal humans, though it has been shown to fell trolls)

Xellos makes no move to help her.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ogre in the Playground

A terrible wound opened in it's chest. The thing stood there, studying the wound in fascination, as though amazed by the temerity of the small women. Something like puss dribbled out, and then the wound reformed itself into a sucking leach mouth, making wet, gurgling sound. The head resumes it tittering as it draws you towards it.

Eragon catches the spear with inhuman timing, and drives it into Lu-Tze while his back is turned. The blow catches him above the hip, and is driven right through him. However, as a consequence he is unable to defend himself from Percy, and staggers under the blow, barely keeping his feet. More ghosts vanish.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-02-27 at 04:41 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

9. - Top - End - #849

Leonidas

Due to his attack being used against Lu-Tze, Lu-Tze's instructions and a lack of any other viable option, Leonidas returns to his troops.

Percy

Percy is begining to realize that nothing they are doing is truly going to stop Eragon now. They are at best holding him back temporarily. So while Eragon is distracted he grabs a pouch from his belt, the pouch of chemicals he would normally use to contact Merlin.

Now he knows little about magic but what he does know is that one of the compounds in this pouch is sulfer. He dumps the contents of the pouch on the distracted warrior hoping that the poison would slow him down or at the very least annoy him into making a mistake. Or better yet.

"There was some sulfer in that mix. If someone has some flint or some convieniet fire magic that'd be great."

10. - Top - End - #850
    Troll in the Playground

The monk staggers under the blow. He was going to die soon. And that was alright; he knew what would happen. There was just one last thing to do.

"You'll never get away with this."

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

Some Narativium transcends space and time. Eragon throws back his head and laughs. He's lost his grip on the spear, but it doesn't matter, your blood is leaking all over the earth. "And who is going to stop me, little man?" He says, flinching as the components splatter all over him, then glaring at Percy.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Troll in the Playground

"Some...one...will...some...one...always...doe s." Still smiling, Lu-Tze feels his last breath form. It was the end for him; with his death, it would be up to Leonidas to understand the Way. "Remember...Rule..." Silence.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

13. - Top - End - #853
    Dwarf in the Playground

Eragon had apparently forgotten about the cleric behind him, the combination of a blow to the head and a powerful monk attacking would do that to a person. Thus, chanting a prayer to vanquish evil, Parias strikes with the Mace of Contrition once again into the back of Eragon's skull, whilst the undead gloats.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

Eragon staggers again, loosing his footing and falling face first onto the ground. More of the ghosts are fading, but those that remain, all but a spectral ocean, threw themselves around the cleric. His faith protects him from dammage, but he can't move, encased in a cocoon of spirits.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Elric
    Elric orders a drink. Silently, he surveys the bar and its patrons. He contemplates if he should return to the world he was just on. His musing is interrupted by the wyrmling nibbling on his finger. With another gesture, he lets the bar-keep know that he'll need a small meal too. Amdist the nibbling, Elric finally calls out, "Does anyone happen to know a world with a good dragon rookery?"

Dilvish
    Dilvish withdraws his sword and lunges at the wizard, coating the blade in magic flames. He hopes Bilbo is nearby, to add another strike upon the warlock.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

16. - Top - End - #856

Leonidas

While he doesn't know what the number of the rule the Monk was about to cite he has a good feeling it was something along the lines of a student having to avenge his master.

"Eragon. As King of Sparta I have broken many children in my time and I shall break many more but now you have made this breaking personal." With a sword drawn Leonidas charges towards Eragon hoping Narativium will be with him or this is suicide.

Percy

Percy knows there is nothing he can do to defeat this monster on his own and he will need all the help he can get. Ignoring Eragon's glares he slashes at the ghosts that surround the Cleric, trusting the Ebony Blade to disrupt the magic that forbids them from passing on.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    A terrible wound opened in it's chest. The thing stood there, studying the wound in fascination, as though amazed by the temerity of the small women. Something like puss dribbled out, and then the wound reformed itself into a sucking leach mouth, making wet, gurgling sound. The head resumes it tittering as it draws you towards it.
    Regeneration? Damn it, this is going to hurt.
    "BOM DI WIND!"
    Lina fires an orb of compressed air at the beast. This spell was normally used to throw enemies back, but at such close range it was sufficient to blast Lina from its grasp and into a cave wall.

"Owowow." Lina climbs to her feet, rubbing her behind. The monster is coming closer.
    Uurgh, and I can't risk using Dragon Slave in here... I don't know the rules here, this might not even be a Mazoku. And if it doesn't have much of an astral presence the blast will destroy the mountain.
    "If you know any decent attack spells, help me out." she says, glancing at Raistlin. "We'll have to overwhelm this thing with damage before it can regenerate."

An orb of brilliant light forms in her hands, before launching itself at her target. "BLAST ASH!"

Xellos smiles at "Arya" and steps forward. It looks like he will help now.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-02-28 at 08:41 PM.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Troll in the Playground

Raistlin

"Very well."

Tapping the Staff of Magius to the ground, the wizard attempts to ascertain exactly what enchantments the creature is under. He'd much rather think before acting, as it were.

Lu-Tze

The disembodied spirit taps his foot impatiently. "It isn't like Death to be late for an appointment. Maybe his granddaughter is filling in again?"

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

Divlish
    The wizards magic needs time to focus, it is not a simple bending of will, and is unable to counter with more then a flailing arm. The blade sinks into his jut, and a smell like cooking pork assails your nostrils. But the wizard doesn't scream. Hateful eyes narrow on you, and he hisses "So you win again. But so be it, my work is finished here. This world shall die, chaos shall take it, and my power will grow until even Arioch kneels and calls me master." With a shove, he knocks you back. "It has been forseen."
    The wound will kill him in a matter f hours, but somehow he is using his arts to remain lucid and in control.

Elric
    A man in a white suit with a matching hat sits besde you. His face is plain, open and trustworthy, the sort of face you'd be happy to tell your life story to. "Elric. I expected I'd hear from you one day." He said, tipping his hat. "As to that, well Middle Earth is the best place for them. You want the Withered Hearth."

Percy
    As before, the ghosts simply reforn elsewhere, but it is enough, freeing the ceric from the clutches of the spirits enough for him to shake himself free.
    A single touch is enough to stop a heart, but you don't have one, and they are no more threat to you then a brisk wind.

Leonidas
    Eragon was a born swordsman, one who never had to learn as his tallent was enough, who relies on reflex more then skill. In short, no match for the finely honed discipline of the Spartan way. However, your blade finds no purchase, unable to break the skin, and if not for the ghosts fading around him you would doubt you were having any affect at all.

Raistlin
    The magic of this creature is something alien and elamental, older then any magic created by man. It is a guardian of some sort, and as it hasn't asked you riddles or such trite nonsense you would guess that whatever it's guarding isn't meant to be found at all, rather then by some chosen one or such nonsense.
    Lina's spell staggers it, but doesn't stop it, and a pair of grasping claws force their way out of the chest, stirring obscenely as though dragging imagineary food into the sucking mouth in its chest.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

20. - Top - End - #860

Both Percy turns away from the ghosts. Fighting them hasn't permanently stoped them but it has temporaily at least turned them away from the Cleric. Percy returns to attacking Eragon.

Percy though finds he has another warrior coming to aid him as Leonidas leaps into the air and comes down shield first on to Eragon's shoulder's hoping the weight of his body and the force of the blow will knock him to the ground.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Troll in the Playground

Raistlin

The archmagus quickly relays the relevant information to his companions, raising his staff as he does so. At a word, a thin beam of searing, penetrating light emerges from its tip, striking squarely into the creature's chest.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

22. - Top - End - #862
    Titan in the Playground

Xellos makes a slashing motion with his own staff, producing a wave of slicing energy.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ogre in the Playground

Eragon grabs leonidas and bodily throws him aside. "You call yourself a king?" He sneers. "You aren't worthy to lick the offal from my boots." As he advances, it occurs to you that he seems to have problems focussing on more then one fighter at once. He singles one of you out and directs all his efforts on them. Meaning Percy's blade catches him in the back of the neck without any sign or attempt at defense.

Beneath the mountain
    The thing is torn apart in an onslaught of magic. Beyond is a place beneath far off, alien stars, ruins of cyclopean towers and dead rivers of ash. It extends for a few miles, then suddenly is interupted by a grassy plain, where a battle is being fought. Raistlin recognizes the battle as the one he left. You've entered the vault of souls.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2010-03-02 at 08:19 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

24. - Top - End - #864

"If I'm so pitiful child then kill me." Leonidas boasts without even looking at Eragon. Instead his eyes fall upon Percy. The two warriors nod to each other and simultaneously run their blades towards Eragon's chest.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Dilvish
    "Not if I can help it." With that, Dilvish stabs Jelerak through the heart, silencing the warlock. For a moment, he savors the victory with Black. Pondering the wizard's words, though, he searches through the dead sorcerer's robes, looking for a clue that might stop Jelerak in his next incarnation.

Elric
    "Middle-Earth, you say? I'd have heard that dragons there are scarce and growing scarcer. As I hear it, Krynn is ripe with the beasts. Just pray tell, who are you? Your appearance strikes me as familiar..."
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ogre in the Playground

The man takes of his hat with an elaborate movement. "I am Honest John, John who has ethics, Just John, Fair John, and many similar things." He replies. "As to Krynn, the area is too unstable. Can't go a generation without upheaval, borders shifting and holy war." He chuckles, waving a hand, and a humanoid instantly places two glasses on the table. "And once you get there, it's almost impossible to leave. No, Krynn has it's charm, but I've always preferred stability. As to the dragons of Middle Earth dying, so they are. But enough remain."

Divlish
    The figure begins rotting at an extreme rate, decomposing until he no longer even resembles a man. In the pocket of his robes, you find an astrolabe of an unfamiliar world. Perhaps a clue.
    There is a feeling on the air, one you recognize from you're time in hell. Chaos has come to this world.

Leonidas and Percy
    Eragon flinches back. His army is fading, and protection going. the blades both part flesh, and he screams. To you the wounds seem superficial, yet his reaction far more pronounced then should be.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

27. - Top - End - #867

"Finally. Some progress." the two warriors continue their strategy of stabbing him everywhere they can reach while he is distracted by the seemingly enhanced pain.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ogre in the Playground

Eragon staggers, then lunges at Percy again. Fists pummeling with stone crunching force he leaves himself open to Leonidas.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Troll in the Playground

((ooc: via the laws of narrativium, Leonidas should remember some fragment of Lu Tze's wisdom, and use some technique or other to gain the upper hand))

Raistlin

Seeing Eragon once more before him, Raistlin smiles. Now he is strong again, and has a useful weapon at his disposal in the form of Mrs. Inverse. Raising his Staff, and murming a few choice words, he calls forth lightning, bolt after bolt, each one radiating out from the spirit it strikes to strike another, eyes aflame with the power he wields, lips turned up in an expression of arrogance. He is the Master; he will not be defeated. Eragon would serve him, in life or in death; he would serve.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

30. - Top - End - #870

((I was saving that in case things were getting worse but...))

Percy barely manages to get his shield up in time to incercept the on coming fists.

This just gives Leonidas an opening. He thrusts his sword into the small of Eragon's back, if there is anything fleshy left within his body this should hit a nerve cluster that should render him unable to raise his arms any higher than their current position.

"Yield child least I strike back with more of the Sweeper's training."