New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

Or if the child is born with only one pointy ear... and then V has to buy a fake ear-piece to put over the kid's non-pointy ear to cover the scandal up.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Or if the child is born with only one pointy ear... and then V has to buy a fake ear-piece to put over the kid's non-pointy ear to cover the scandal up.
    But what happens when someone inevitably pulls off the fake ear?

And who doesn't like being nice to others? It's something I've never understood.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Banned

Eh, i don't understand what being nice to others means.

As far as i know this is being nice

Just joking

"We believe that the silly organic has gone off-topic again"
    "Off-topic? HAMMER TIME"
    "EEP! O_O"
    "We knew this would happen"
    Last edited by Closak; 2010-02-23 at 02:57 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    But what happens when someone inevitably pulls off the fake ear?
    That's when the screaming begins...

And who doesn't like being nice to others? It's something I've never understood.
    I've met them. They are few and far between, but they are there. I've also met people who like gnawing the bitter old bones of wrongs past, who cherish past injustices and keep going over them. They don't have a happy life either.

Being nice to people involves a certain risk - you open yourself to being used or betrayed when you put your trust in other people. But I've weighed the risks and benefits and found that the benefits are greater.

And I'm only talking people in RL here - I don't know any of you nearly well enough to be able to say something like this.

Anyway, this is getting philosophical. Still working on RCxHaley - have run into a snag or two, but expect to have them ready by Friday. Especially since Thursday night's gaming was canceled.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-23 at 03:00 PM.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    Because if Inky's been away longer than V's been pregnant for, he's not the father. And from there on, the rampant speculation can begin.
    well what if he came home for a weekend or so and stayed overnight?

and since elves seem to age slower then humans, maby it takes longer for a female to get pregnent.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1086

Quote Originally Posted by Gicko View Post
    well what if he came home for a weekend or so and stayed overnight?

and since elves seem to age slower then humans, maby it takes longer for a female to get pregnent.
    Or someone else?

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Titan in the Playground

A spell to change shape (e.g., alter self) is the traditional method to gain acess - see Zeus and Alkmene or Uther and Igraine.

Isn't Aandy rather good at casting spells?

Edit: What does it say about the Greeks that when a husband can perform more than once per night, they automatically conclude that one time was a shape-changed god?
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-23 at 03:23 PM.

― Tim Fargo

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Titan in the Playground

Or someone else?
    like who? its inky going around with the order now, not V. she hasent met anyone new in years :P

incidentally, you could probibly replace V's name with inkys, remove the pregnency bit, and you will prity much have a day in the life of inkirus :P
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1089

A spell to change shape (e.g., alter self) is the traditional method to gain acess - see Zeus and Alkmene or Uther and Igraine.

Isn't Aandy rather good at casting spells?
    Yes. Yes he is.

................The dragon hoard.

Edit: What does it say about the Greeks that when a husband can perform more than once per night, they automatically conclude that one time was a shape-changed god?
    That there's a very good reason that the word "aphrodisiac" is of Greek origin.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-02-23 at 03:30 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Titan in the Playground

Here's an idea for Zanaril:

What if V tries to force herself on Aandy, only to have him tell her that he's really her father?

Or what if she spells him and finds out afterwards...

(would this be smurfy or coffelicious?)

The dragon hoard???
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-23 at 03:35 PM.

― Tim Fargo

11. - Top - End - #1091

What if V tries to force herself on Aandy, only to have him tell her that he's really her father?

The dragon hoard???
    Didn't Zeus impregnate a woman when he was a shower of gold?

...*Idea*

...Oh. Oh my.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm, that's a little more angsty than I had in mind...

*closes Word before she can get tempted to start writing something along those lines*

*twitches*

Damn my fallibility for morbid inspiration.

Would probably end up as a poor imitation of smurfyness. I also feel like the idea's been done before.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-23 at 03:43 PM.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Banned

What?

The ABD starts pumping out eggs as a result of lying on her hoard while there's a shapechanged god in it?

"What?"
    "We do not believe that would be wise"
    Last edited by Closak; 2010-02-23 at 03:39 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Titan in the Playground

Didn't Zeus impregnate a woman when he was a shower of gold?
    Danaë. Resulting in Perseus, who slew Medusa and founded Mycenae. Ancestor of Herakles.

― Tim Fargo

15. - Top - End - #1095

Danaë. Resulting in Perseus, who slew Medusa and founded Mycenae. Ancestor of Herakles.
    Yes, but can you see where my mind wandered off too? What crack pairings we can do with this?

Speaking of which, my id seems to have stopped hiding in the corner recently. Does it have to do with this thread?
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-02-23 at 03:45 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Barbarian in the Playground

It appears that even though the gods of the east died from the snarl, they are still popular here
    Avatar of a Drow priestess by Teutonic Knight.

This is where I put my writings. Want to take a look?

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Titan in the Playground

The gods of the east are the BEST.
    I liked the one when he was a swan. XD

I like V/Aandarious loads now. XD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    The gods of the east are the BEST.
    I liked the one when he was a swan. XD
    Leda and the Swan.

Which gaves rise to Castor, Pollux, Helena and Clytaemnestra (I think I spelled that one correctly.)

Coffee, didn't Haley spend a lot of time on that pile of gold?

Quote Originally Posted by icastflare! View Post
    It appears that even though the gods of the east died from the snarl, they are still popular here
    I love Greek mythology. Always have, always will.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-23 at 04:01 PM.

― Tim Fargo

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Titan in the Playground

cant forget the one were zeus turned his lover into a cow to protect her from an angry hera.

Hera later created a giant many-eyed snake to guard the cow so Zeus couldent return to her. that many-eyed snake later became the first peacock somehow. (the peacock is the symbol of hera)
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Barbarian in the Playground

Because it's so different from your style?
    No, because I don't want to tell you what I'm working on and/or planning to do.

Hm. Well, at least they're happy and Tia didn't fly off the deep end.
    No, she's still on the edge, but she's medicated for it and will be able to lead a perfectly good and normal life as long as she keeps up with the meds. And Reddy always makes sure that she has taken them each morning.

What about the rest of the Order?
    They're still neighbors. Belkar got a prostitute at Azure City knocked up and is currently laying low, much to the disapproval of everyone else. Durkon at some point in time is going to have a surprise visit from a young dwarf boy that strongly resembles him, claiming to be Hilgya's son who went off to find him. Elan is going to point out to both Durkon and Belkar that they should have expected this since, as per law of storytelling, all surviving protagonists must have children at some point, whether they want to or not.

Haley's probably going to get pregnant again, but she's gotten restless and may start traveling again once she feels Abram is old enough to be on his own. Elan is content with his life and feels like the happy ending has been achieved, and he still spends as much time with Tiasal as with his own son--he still somewhat sees her as his own kid, as do most if not all of the Order, and he remembers the time Tiasal disappeared and gets a little protective in his own dysfunctional way to make sure it doesn't happen again, as does the rest of the Order.

Roy's got two kids with a third coming along and still plans on destroying Xykon somehow, so he keeps his skills sharp and his levels steady, and his dedication makes the rest of the Order, who still see him as their leader, do the same despite their quiet life. Inkyrius disapproves of so much training and violent energy going on so close to children, but she/he holds hir tongue over it since Octavius and Terentius still technically live with hir.

Redcloak has promised himself and Vaarsuvius that he's never going to put his work ahead of his family again, and he makes a point to never leave for an extended amount of time, and when he does leave, it's to provide important guidance to the goblins, who, after peace talks, are tentatively trying to share the old Azurite land with the previous inhabitants. A generation or so has passed in goblin years since the battle, so tensions are not as high on their end, but the humans remember being shoved out of their homes and being enslaved, so it's a volatile process helped only by Prime Minister Jirix's charisma, Lord Hinjo's desire for peace and equality among the goblins and humans (knowing Tiasal did a lot to shake his human assumption that it was okay to kill goblins and treat them like fodder), and Redcloak's advice and quiet guidance from Sending to Jirix and occasionally visiting.

Of course, once Tiasal and any future children they have are grown and off on their own, Redcloak is probably going to go back to working on goblin equality full-time again, something Vaarsuvius is willing to support as long as he remembers to not allow his cause to consume him so much again.

They're going to have a lot of children, so it will be a while before he gets back to work anyway.

Vaarsuvius is unaware of this, but Redcloak plans on passing the Crimson Mantle on to another cleric when the time comes that it looks like she only has around fifty or forty years left. She has made it clear that she has no desire to make her long life longer, even with magical means, unless there's a practical reason she's still needed. And Redcloak doesn't want to live long without her.

Did I forget anything?

cant forget the one were zeus turned his lover into a cow to protect her from an angry hera.

Hera later created a giant many-eyed snake to guard the cow so Zeus couldent return to her. that many-eyed snake later became the first peacock somehow. (the peacock is the symbol of hera)
    I think you're talking about Io. (Poor girl. Raped, turned into a cow, tied up, chased by gadflies, and not recognized by her own dad.) Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that it wasn't a snake that guarded her. It was a man with eyes all over his body, and when Zeus sent Hermes to save Io, Hermes literally bored the man to death with a story. Hera got upset and put all the dead man's eyes on the peacock's feathers to remember him.

Same, same. :>

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

21. - Top - End - #1101

Leda and the Swan.

Which gaves rise to Castor, Pollux, Helena and Clytaemnestra (I think I spelled that one correctly.)

Coffee, didn't Haley spend a lot of time on that pile of gold?

Yes. Yes she did.

Also, Thor may have learned a few tricks from his divine drinking buddies before the Snarl attacked, for all we know...

Same here.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    Did I forget anything?
    Why does this 'and they all lived happily and peacefully until they died' type of thing always make me feel sad?

Sad in a calm way, but still sad.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-23 at 04:13 PM.
    DeviantArt

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Titan in the Playground

HaleyxZeus. XD

EVERYONE has kids. Yay. XD
    Hinjo?

Actually, Hermes bored him to SLEEP then decapitated him.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Titan in the Playground

man i really need to catch up on this tiassal story sometime. sounds awsome :P

maby we can make the whole thing an unnofical cannon webcomic to OOTS? :P (probibly wont be able to since the whole thing started in a "what if" scenario were o-chul and V didint escape azure city i beleive)

and now i mustg dissapear. for my laptop has fiove minutes of batery life left, and i must find an outlet. ill be back in three minnutes :P
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1105

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    No, because I don't want to tell you what I'm working on and/or planning to do.

No, she's still on the edge, but she's medicated for it and will be able to lead a perfectly good and normal life as long as she keeps up with the meds. And Reddy always makes sure that she has taken them each morning.

They're still neighbors. Belkar got a prostitute at Azure City knocked up and is currently laying low, much to the disapproval of everyone else. Durkon at some point in time is going to have a surprise visit from a young dwarf boy that strongly resembles him, claiming to be Hilgya's son who went off to find him. Elan is going to point out to both Durkon and Belkar that they should have expected this since, as per law of storytelling, all surviving protagonists must have children at some point, whether they want to or not.

Haley's probably going to get pregnant again, but she's gotten restless and may start traveling again once she feels Abram is old enough to be on his own. Elan is content with his life and feels like the happy ending has been achieved, and he still spends as much time with Tiasal as with his own son--he still somewhat sees her as his own kid, as do most if not all of the Order, and he remembers the time Tiasal disappeared and gets a little protective in his own dysfunctional way to make sure it doesn't happen again, as does the rest of the Order.

Roy's got two kids with a third coming along and still plans on destroying Xykon somehow, so he keeps his skills sharp and his levels steady, and his dedication makes the rest of the Order, who still see him as their leader, do the same despite their quiet life. Inkyrius disapproves of so much training and violent energy going on so close to children, but she/he holds hir tongue over it since Octavius and Terentius still technically live with hir.

Redcloak has promised himself and Vaarsuvius that he's never going to put his work ahead of his family again, and he makes a point to never leave for an extended amount of time, and when he does leave, it's to provide important guidance to the goblins, who, after peace talks, are tentatively trying to share the old Azurite land with the previous inhabitants. A generation or so has passed in goblin years since the battle, so tensions are not as high on their end, but the humans remember being shoved out of their homes and being enslaved, so it's a volatile process helped only by Prime Minister Jirix's charisma, Lord Hinjo's desire for peace and equality among the goblins and humans (knowing Tiasal did a lot to shake his human assumption that it was okay to kill goblins and treat them like fodder), and Redcloak's advice and quiet guidance from Sending to Jirix and occasionally visiting.

Of course, once Tiasal and any future children they have are grown and off on their own, Redcloak is probably going to go back to working on goblin equality full-time again, something Vaarsuvius is willing to support as long as he remembers to not allow his cause to consume him so much again.

They're going to have a lot of children, so it will be a while before he gets back to work anyway.

Vaarsuvius is unaware of this, but Redcloak plans on passing the Crimson Mantle on to another cleric when the time comes that it looks like she only has around fifty or forty years left. She has made it clear that she has no desire to make her long life longer, even with magical means, unless there's a practical reason she's still needed. And Redcloak doesn't want to live long without her.

Did I forget anything?

I think you're talking about Io. (Poor girl. Raped, turned into a cow, tied up, chased by gadflies, and not recognized by her own dad.) Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that it wasn't a snake that guarded her. It was a man with eyes all over his body, and when Zeus sent Hermes to save Io, Hermes literally bored the man to death with a story. Hera got upset and put all the dead man's eyes on the peacock's feathers to remember him.

Same, same. :>

Yay!

And it's not as if nothing's going to happen. Plenty of room for family drama, right along the "Aww" moments!

Why does this 'and they all lived happily and peacefully until they died' type of thing always make me feel sad?

I think...I think because it's over. And they're gone.
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2010-02-23 at 04:24 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Ogre in the Playground

maby we can make the whole thing an unnofical cannon webcomic to OOTS? :P (probibly wont be able to since the whole thing started in a "what if" scenario were o-chul and V didint escape azure city i beleive)
    There's been talk to doing a "choose what happens next" type of thing, what with all the different ending that are floating around, although it's still only a possiblity.

I think...I think because it's over. And they're gone.
    Yeah.

Maybe it's a subconscious urge to do something meaningful during my life?
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-23 at 04:26 PM.
    DeviantArt

27. - Top - End - #1107

There's been talk to doing a "choose what happens next" type of thing, what with all the different ending that are floating around, although it's still only a possiblity.

Yeah.

Maybe it's a subconscious urge to do something meaningful during my life?
    Help others. Save lives. Make lives better.

Hey, why did we drop that "Everyone goes at it at once" round robin crack pairing?

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Titan in the Playground

Because you're evil?

Or because, as Coffee says, it means that the time has come to close the book, put it back into the bookshelf, and go on with the real world? I feel that way too sometimes.

― Tim Fargo

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

Because you're evil?
    In that case, my goal in life is to squick everyone out as much as can be done without cause eye-stabbing. Or lawsuits.

Or because, as Coffee says, it means that the time has come to close the book, put it back into the bookshelf, and go on with the real world? I feel that way too sometimes.

It's kind of the opposite of when you dream about next day, then wake up and realize you have to go through it all again.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-23 at 04:34 PM.
    DeviantArt

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Titan in the Playground

It's kind of the opposite of when you dream about next day, then wake up and realize you have to go through it all again.
    *philosophical hat*

When we read a story that grips us, that makes us care about the characters - in other words, when we read a good story well told, we become friends with the characters. We share their loves and their losses, their highs and their lows, their triumphs and defeats. Is it so strange that we grow sad at the thought of leaving them? The music stops, the dancers look around, the story ends... but we can always take comfort in knowing that tomorrow will bring another story.

*/philosophical hat*

Round robin? Hmm... what pair and who starts? I want someone relatively easy - not some of the more... exotic options on the random pairings table.

― Tim Fargo