New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    *philosophical hat*

When we read a story that grips us, that makes us care about the characters - in other words, when we read a good story well told, we become friends with the characters. We share their loves and their losses, their highs and their lows, their triumphs and defeats. Is it so strange that we grow sad at the thought of leaving them? The music stops, the dancers look around, the story ends... but we can always take comfort in knowing that tomorrow will bring another story.

*/philosophical hat*

Round robin? Hmm... what pair and who starts? I want someone relatively easy - not some of the more... exotic options on the random pairings table.
    I would participate in a round robin crack pairings type thing
    Avatar of a Drow priestess by Teutonic Knight.

This is where I put my writings. Want to take a look?

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

:O
    I had that dream at primary school...

(Not to mention the one where i'm wrestling the green ranger in a custard filled swimming pool... that's not just me, right? RIGHT?!)

AarindariousTiasal. (Dark grin)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #1113

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    :O

(Not to mention the one where i'm wrestling the green ranger in a custard filled swimming pool... that's not just me, right? RIGHT?!)
    It was the yellow ranger for me
    Last edited by icastflare!; 2010-02-23 at 04:41 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Round robin? Hmm... what pair and who starts? I want someone relatively easy - not some of the more... exotic options on the random pairings table.
    The idea we had before was a meta-fic, with the various incarnations of characters stumbling upon each other and getting confused when apparent stranges claimed to have been in a relationship with them. It died an early death.

I vote for Vaarsuvius/every other member of the Order, without the others knowing.

Or this.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-23 at 04:42 PM.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by icastflare! View Post
    It was the yellow ranger for me
    Uhm, we should get back on topic.

So, something with the dragon hoard, Thor, and pregnancy?

6. - Top - End - #1116

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    Why does this 'and they all lived happily and peacefully until they died' type of thing always make me feel sad?

Sad in a calm way, but still sad.
    If you follow any story long enough, it'll always have a sad ending.

But you shouldn't feel too melancholy. In the OotS world, life continues after death. Only there's less breathing involved.

EVERYONE has kids. Yay. XD
    Hinjo?
    Ah, right! Well, Hinjo is still diligently working and is starting to understand why his uncle did the things he did. He's gotten older, but he still has the best interests of his people and his friends at heart, and a lady advisor has her eye on him. In a while, they'll fall in love and get married, and in a year or so, they'll have a kid.

O-Chul and Lien work as advisors, though they usually go travelling since they were never meant for cushy royal jobs. They still keep in close touch with the Order and visit often to talk with the adults and play with the kids. O-Chul grounds Tiasal very well, enough so that it's difficult to tell if she's on or off her meds when he's around, and since he cares about her he does his best to tolerate Redcloak and vice versa. Neither of them have forgotten the nasty history between them, so they generally avoid talking or being too close, though neither minds the other's interaction with Tiasal or Vaarsuvius, simply because the love they both hold for them (to varying degrees respectively) is evident and it's obvious that neither of them will hurt anyone.

There's been talk to doing a "choose what happens next" type of thing, what with all the different ending that are floating around, although it's still only a possiblity.
    Speaking of which, how do we start that?

Tiasal had a crush on Aandy, but it was more of a kid crush than anything.

Electra!Deirdre, on the other hand...

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Uhm, we should get back on topic.

In the dragons hoard, Haley (or some other female) finds an artefact created by, and anchored to Thor. She activates it, Thor notices, and comes down to the mortal plane to clame what is his. (The dragon stole it from him!) Haley (or whatever other girl) however, wants to keep it. and is willing to pay any price to do so

thar ya go.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2010-02-23 at 04:49 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Titan in the Playground

Flare, continuing in the subchat.

I always liked HinjoLien.
    Also, ThorHaley. XD What'd Durkon say?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Titan in the Playground

Also, ThorHaley. XD What'd Durkon say?

praise tha son ah Thor?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Titan in the Playground

Well, duh, other than that. XD

11. - Top - End - #1121

here is one with Thor, A hoard, pregnancy and durkon. I also establish our official extra planer mailing system

so like boom, here it is

Spoiler
    Show

Once upon a time, Thor was bored. He was more than bored actually. He was a drunken, slurring, horny god! The last part was the one he could fix easily. Time to see if one of his clerics will pass a test of “Endurance”. Oh the puns Thor could come up with.

Durkon was walking through the dungeon hall. Soon enough they would find Xykon. Suddenly an angel appeared before him. He was carrying a postman’s bag and had the official FedXXX logo: (FedXXX: It’s the mail we use for crack pairings plot devices or at least I do) “Delivery for Durkon Thundershield” The angel said. “Aye that be me. “ Durkon replied. Then the angel planeshifted him to Thor’s Domain.

Durkon was blinded for a second by the plane shift. He Then fell to his knee’s, realizing this was his patron deities domain. “Welcome Durkon. I have invited you for a test of your “Endurance”. Durkon was puzzled for a second, and then realized his god’s intent. “Point me to th’ bedroom, Mast’r.” This could be an interesting night.

“Oh this isn’t gonna happen in a bedroom. We are gonna do it here.” Thor then proceeded to fling open the door. Durkon was amazed at how much gold was in there. “So this is my offerings go” He said. Thor through the lucky dwarf into the pile of gold. “Relax yourself and say Thors Might” the god said

One month has passed since the incident. “Your getting kind of fat Durkon. Say no to the food” Said Belkar in his obnoxious tone. “ Sure ya, just some fat” Said a nervous Durkon.” He then thought to himself “ Now what am I gonna name the little boy?”

again like boom

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    Only there's less breathing involved.
    I'm sure V's parents are busy exploring the full potential of this.

But it's still sad, even with the afterlife considered. It's so... final.

Speaking of which, how do we start that?
    From the writing side, draw up a timeline, work out where stories connect and branch off, and where there are blanks that need filling in. Draw up starting ideas for other branches and invite people to fill them out wherever inpiration hits.

Bribe me with internet cookies so I stop doodling and draw some specific scenes.

From the more mechanical side, I guess that some custom setup on a webhosting site would be the easiest way to arrange it for navigating around, since most story hosting sites are a bit unflexible. Unless anyone knows something specifically talored to this kind of thing?

Tiasal had a crush on Aandy, but it was more of a kid crush than anything.

Electra!Deirdre, on the other hand...
    With Deirdre it's more of the Crushing Hand type of crush?
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-23 at 05:33 PM.
    DeviantArt

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Titan in the Playground

XDDD
    Nice boom.

14. - Top - End - #1124

I'm sure V's parents are busy exploring the full potential of this.
    And they're going to do their best to make Vaarsuvius and Redcloak do it too.

But it's still sad, even with the afterlife considered. It's so... final.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. But hey, there's always more time. And there's always a possibility someone will decide to go screwing with the laws of nature and find a way to resurrect people who died from old age.

From the writing side, draw up a timeline, work out where stories connect and branch off, and where there are blanks that need filling in. Draw up starting ideas for other branches and invite people to fill them out wherever inpiration hits.
    Hmm. Can you think of a site that will support that? (Maybe the one where we made the crack relationship chart...?)

Bribe me with internet cookies so I stop doodling and draw some specific scenes.
    *holds out cookie* A scene with Redcloak and Deirdre from Of All the Ways to Lose Someone?

From the more mechanical side, I guess that some custom setup on a webhosting site would be the easiest way to arrange it for navigating around, since most story hosting sites are a bit unflexible. Unless anyone knows something specifically talored to this kind of thing?
    I know jack about stuff like that. Is there anyone here who knows better?

With Deirdre it's more of the Crushing Hand type of crush?
    With a happy ending no one's too happy about.

Spoiler
    Show

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

15. - Top - End - #1125

And they're going to do their best to make Vaarsuvius and Redcloak do it too.
    MOOOOM!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I know what you mean. But hey, there's always more time. And there's always a possibility someone will decide to go screwing with the laws of nature and find a way to resurrect people who died from old age.
    Or:

Step 1. Kill yourself right before your time is up
    Step 2. State in your will that a druid should cast Reincarnate on your remains.
    Step 3. If you end up in the body of a species you don't want, Miracle/Wish.
    Step 4. Repeat when you're about to die of old age again.

Hmm. Can you think of a site that will support that? (Maybe the one where we made the crack relationship chart...?)
    Ooooh...

*holds out cookie* A scene with Redcloak and Deirdre from Of All the Ways to Lose Someone?
    Would that be board-appropriate?

16. - Top - End - #1126

MOOOOM!!!!!!!!!
    *blushes and hides from crazy in-laws*

Or:

Step 2. State in your will that a druid should cast Reincarnate on your remains.
    That seems like a lot of trouble to go through. Life just gets tiring after a while.

Would that be board-appropriate?
    No, I meant them talking in front of the windows or Deirdre slamming glass in his face. Or him comforting her during her psychotic break. Just any old scene with those two works.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1127

*blushes and hides from crazy in-laws*
    ...Wait.

You MUST do some sort of family meet-and-greet with V's parents and Reddy's family in the afterlife! This is way, way too good to pass up.

That seems like a lot of trouble to go through. Life just gets tiring after a while.
    Actually, it takes about 20 minutes, and then you're in your 20s (Or whatever your species' equivalent is) again!

No, I meant them talking in front of the windows or Deirdre slamming glass in his face. Or him comforting her during her psychotic break. Just any old scene with those two works.
    Ah.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

Ooh! *starts sketching ideas*
    DeviantArt

19. - Top - End - #1129

...Wait.

You MUST do some sort of family meet-and-greet with V's parents and Reddy's family in the afterlife! This is way, way too good to pass up.
    I was thinking about it, but how could Red's family possibly react to their crazy in-laws?

Actually, it takes about 20 minutes, and then you're in your 20s (Or whatever your species' equivalent is) again!
    God, I can't imagine going through so many years of life again. I wouldn't be able to stand it.

Ooh! *starts sketching ideas*
    Yay! :D

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ogre in the Playground

I was thinking about it, but how could Red's family possibly react to their crazy in-laws?
    Have you seen Meet the Fockers? I imagine it would be similar. Just even more cringeworthy.

Yay! :D
    *sigh* I have a chemistry exam tomorrow.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-23 at 06:48 PM.
    DeviantArt

21. - Top - End - #1131

any comments, critism about my recent crack pairing

22. - Top - End - #1132

It's good, but you need to work on the grammar more.

23. - Top - End - #1133

It's good, but you need to work on the grammar more.
    so par for course with my other work. think durkons accent and trying to bring that in mixed me up with the rest of it.

24. - Top - End - #1134

Have you seen Meet the Fockers? I imagine it would be similar. Just even more cringeworthy.
    I haven't seen it. :<

Ugh. That sucks. I have midterms this week and next week.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1135

I haven't seen it. :<
    Let me put it this way: Awkward time.

Ugh. That sucks. I have midterms this week and next week.
    *Hugs*

Know what the antidote is? Crack pairings!

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Titan in the Playground

I think there's a rule somewhere that says regardless of spell used to bring you back to life, the life span you had when you die is the one you keep. Regardless of getting a yound adult body.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Titan in the Playground

could you pass the brain bleach please?

but srsly. it was arright :P
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2010-02-23 at 09:29 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Titan in the Playground

Two solutions: make an epic spell that De-ages you. Or, become a lich. Or something. XD

Meet the Fockers is funny-it has the liberal, hippy parents meeting the straight-laced, ex special agent parents. xD

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Titan in the Playground

Chemistry is fun. At least when you reach an age where you don't have to sit exams.

Round robin: I suggest Thor visits each of the OotS members and gets to 'know them'. Difficult to say no to a god, eh?

And there's an epic feat that prolongs your lifetime.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-24 at 11:40 AM.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Titan in the Playground

The epic feat is only about D10 years or something...