New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    ...Wait.

You MUST do some sort of family meet-and-greet with V's parents and Reddy's family in the afterlife! This is way, way too good to pass up.
    *gets down on hands and knees, and begs Water-Smurf to write this*

Quote Originally Posted by Gicko View Post
    could you pass the brain bleach please?
    *passes Holy brain bleach*
    Your local Cleric.

Cleric of the Murphy's Law Thread
    (yes, that is possible)

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

if V and Reds parents meet in the afterlife somehow, one of V's parents should be like a plaidan or something.

"GOBLINS!? my daughter is dateing a GOBLIN!?"

"uhh... she married him sir..."

""you vile feinds! ILL KILL YOU!!!"

"...too late..."
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Titan in the Playground

Do you not remember V's parents?

"ooh... there, darling..."
    "Oooh.... oh, hello, Vaarsuvius, dear. Want to join in?"
    "... O_o ..."
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Titan in the Playground

indeed i do not. sorry :P

though Aandraius (i didint spell that right) DOSE look allot like V. maby he is her blood father? :P
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Do you not remember V's parents?

"ooh... there, darling..."
    "Oooh.... oh, hello, Vaarsuvius, dear. Want to join in?"
    "... O_o ..."
    My eyes eye!

Has he read Water-Smurf's stuff yet?

Also, question time again. What would Aarindarus do if he found out V had a crush on him? Would he just ignore it and hope V would get over it, or would he try to dicourage it? What if V began to be persistent about it?

though Aandraius (i didint spell that right) DOSE look allot like V. maby he is her blood father? :P
    ...This theory has some credibility if Aarindarius became friends with V's parents for one of the reasons that have been speculated.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-24 at 01:23 PM.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe Aarindarius was like V's parents when he was younger-one of their friends even. He took part in their FUN. But when V was born he went HOLY CHOCOLATE BANANAS, went straight laced, and started studying magic. But he felt guilty about V, cause he *knew* she was his, so he took her on as a student.
    CONSPIRACY THEORY COMPLEET.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    Also, question time again. What would Aarindarus do if he found out V had a crush on him? Would he just ignore it and hope V would get over it, or would he try to dicourage it? What if V began to be persistent about it?

...This theory has some credibility if Aarindarius became friends with V's parents for one of the reasons that have been speculated.
    These two questions really are related. If Aandy suspects something and IS V' blood father... he'll probably say something. Otherwise, he might just hope it'll pass on its own accord.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-24 at 01:34 PM.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Titan in the Playground

or maby V's "parents" did the same thing she did and addopted. and then later on become freinds with the blood father.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2010-02-24 at 01:32 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Titan in the Playground

Mines more interesting. XD

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    These two really are related. If Aandy suspects something and IS V' blood father... he'll probably say something. Otherwise, he might just hope it'll pass on its own accord.
    Yeah, I'm obviously not going with that for my story. Shipping them is hard enough as it is.
    DeviantArt

11. - Top - End - #1151

Let me put it this way: Awkward time.
    How did it work out? I could get ideas for a family vs. family story from it.

These two really are related. If Aandy suspects something and IS V' blood father... he'll probably say something. Otherwise, he might just hope it'll pass on its own accord.
    Probably something like that. If he suspects--and he knows that Vaarsuvius is well-aware of his and her parents' occasional trysts--then he'd probably say that to Vaarsuvius and try to discourage any advances from her. (But then she'd probably get curious and try to find out who was her father...)

Yeah, I'm obviously not going with that for my story. Shipping them is hard enough as it is.
    In which case, he'd probably be endeared (I mean, it's cute!) but gently rebuff her advances should she make them.

But seriously, any of you guys have an idea of how Reddy's family and V's family would bounce off each other?
    Last edited by Water-Smurf; 2010-02-24 at 01:38 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    Have you seen The Birdcage? Otherwise, you need to see it.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Meet the Fockers is funny-it has the liberal, hippy parents meeting the straight-laced, ex special agent parents. xD
    After some wacky and largely irrelevent hijinks the non-hippy family loosens up and they all party and so on.

I'm not so sure it would work that way with V and Reddy's parents. V's parents are a lot more weird, and Reddy's parents are a lot less eccentric.

Then again, maybe Reddy's family would end up finding V's parents endearing (as long as they were kept away from Reddy's little sister), much to V and Reddy's exasperation.

But we haven't even seen how Reddy would react to them yet. One step at a time?

I suspect that V might actually get on with her parents a bit better now. She's no longer in a position where their openness and misjudged attention affects her life, and they're no longer intimidating just being adults, because she's an adult too now and so they're not the ones in control.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-24 at 01:59 PM.
    DeviantArt

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Titan in the Playground

But seriously, any of you guys have an idea of how Reddy's family and V's family would bounce off each other?
    Reddys parents could be a pair of all srs all the time goblin rights activeists, and V's parents could be Hippies?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1155

Have you seen The Birdcage? Otherwise, you need to see it.
    Ooh! My camp did a musical version of that once! :D It was awesome.

I'm not so sure it would work that way with V and Reddy's parents. V's parents are a lot more weird, and Reddy's parents are a lot less eccentric.
    You're telling me. It's more like... normal vs. freakishly liberal.

Then again, maybe Reddy's family would end up finding V's parents endearing (as long as they were kept away from Reddy's little sister), much to V and Reddy's exasperation.
    To V's exasperation and Reddy's shocked horror. However he first encounters them, it's probably going to be when they or he and V (or both) are in... ahem, 'compromising' positions.

But we haven't even seen how Reddy would react to them yet. One step at a time?
    Speaking of which, how would he react?

I suspect that V might actually get on with her parents a bit better now. She's no longer in a position where their openness and misjudged attention affects her life, and they're no longer intimidating just being adults, because she's an adult too now and so they're not the ones in control.
    I suspect that she's much more ambivalent about them now. She recognizes the things that they did were inappropriate and royally screwed her up, but she also sees that they were good people, didn't have a bad bone in their bodies, and honestly had their love for her and her best interests at heart. They may not have done the 'parent' shtick traditionally, but they did love her, which is more than many people can say.

Reddys parents could be a pair of all srs all the time goblin rights activeists, and V's parents could be Hippies?
    Have you read the stories including V's parents?

Spoiler
    Show

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Titan in the Playground

Ooh! My camp did a musical version of that once! :D It was awesome.
    You go to band-camp? That would explain a lot...

Memo to self: do not disintegrate loved one's parents.

Anyway, I have a little trouble seeing how RC's and V's parents would meet. V's parents sound CG or CN, and RC's parents are probably LE or NE. That's almost as far apart in the afterlife as you can get...
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-24 at 02:52 PM.

― Tim Fargo

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Titan in the Playground

Have you read the stories including V's parents?
    indeed i have not, no.

Anyway, I have a little trouble seeing how RC's and V's parents would meet. V's parents sound CG or CN, and RC's parents are probably LE or LN. That's about as far apart in the afterlife as you can get...
    V and Reddy could summon the spirits of their parrents for permission to marry?
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2010-02-24 at 02:52 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Colossus in the Playground

To V's exasperation and Reddy's shocked horror. However he first encounters them, it's probably going to be when they or he and V (or both) are in... ahem, 'compromising' positions.
    Oh, this is gonna be good.

Depends on the circumstances of their first meeting.

Oh, and Water-Smurf, I found something you might find useful in your RC/V stories. I'll PM it in a moment as an extension of my last PM.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ogre in the Playground

However he first encounters them, it's probably going to be when they or he and V (or both) are in... ahem, 'compromising' positions.

In that scenario?
    There might be a brief moment where he thinks they walked in on them by accident, but the notion will be quickly dispelled.

Initially he's going to be outraged, at least after the initial shock and the mad dash by V and Reddy to get their clothes on. From what V mentioned, he seems to have the idea that they're nasty people who purposely antagonized V, and if they walk in on V and Reddy's private time it'll just make him think that even more.

But he'll look towards V for how to react, and possibly wait for her to say something first. If she seemed scared of them he'd get angry; if she was just annoyed he'd give them a chance.

Whichever, I think by the time they leave he'll just consider them an embarassing nuisance. He and V will probably end up laughing about it.

indeed i have not, no.
    *pushes Gicko forcefully in the direction of the archives*

*hands over some brain bleach as an afterthought*
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-24 at 04:11 PM.
    DeviantArt

20. - Top - End - #1160

indeed i have not, no.

V and Reddy could summon the spirits of their parrents for permission to marry?
    dought it would work. They are afterall on the opposite ends of the afterlife as stated above.

Its like trying to get a cleric of the dark one and a cleric of the twelve gods to see eye to eye and live in peace
    Avatar of a Drow priestess by Teutonic Knight.

This is where I put my writings. Want to take a look?

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by icastflare! View Post
    dought it would work. They are afterall on the opposite ends of the afterlife as stated above.

Its like trying to get a cleric of the dark one and a cleric of the twelve gods to see eye to eye and live in peace
    They could sing 'kumbaya"? Or "emerald and ivory"?

― Tim Fargo

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Titan in the Playground

*pushes Gicko forcefully in the direction of the archives*

*hands over some brain bleach as an afterthought*

ok im going im goin!... *grabs brain bleach*

edit: im just wondering. is Tiassal fertile? id hate if she wasent, but i honestly wouldent be surprised. Goblins and Elves dont seem to share very many similairitys besides pointy ears.

sorry for the bad spelling. too lazy to fix it right now :P
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2010-02-24 at 05:09 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1163

You go to band-camp? That would explain a lot...
    No, an arts camp. :P

Memo to self: do not disintegrate loved one's parents.

Anyway, I have a little trouble seeing how RC's and V's parents would meet. V's parents sound CG or CN, and RC's parents are probably LE or NE. That's almost as far apart in the afterlife as you can get...
    Can't Good people flit off to other afterlives to visit?

In that scenario?
    There might be a brief moment where he thinks they walked in on them by accident, but the notion will be quickly dispelled.

Initially he's going to be outraged, at least after the initial shock and the mad dash by V and Reddy to get their clothes on. From what V mentioned, he seems to have the idea that they're nasty people who purposely antagonized V, and if they walk in on V and Reddy's private time it'll just make him think that even more.

But he'll look towards V for how to react, and possibly wait for her to say something first. If she seemed scared of them he'd get angry; if she was just annoyed he'd give them a chance.

Whichever, I think by the time they leave he'll just consider them an embarassing nuisance. He and V will probably end up laughing about it.
    What if they wanted to see Tiasal? I can't see Vaarsuvius being too eager to let them near her daughter, especially if they wanted to be alone, and after that show, Reddy would be even less eager.

edit: im just wondering. is Tiassal fertile? id hate if she wasent, but i honestly wouldent be surprised. Goblins and Elves dont seem to share very many similairitys besides pointy ears.
    We went over this a while ago. According to the DnD rules, elves produce fertile offspring with everyone except orcs. In my head, everyone's just a different race of the same species, so elf/orc, human/halfling, goblin/dwarf and what have you can all have fertile children.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Titan in the Playground

Makes sense. Humanoid Snydrome, like Star Trek.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Colossus in the Playground

Can't Good people flit off to other afterlives to visit?
    They'd probably get skewered though.
    What if they wanted to see Tiasal? I can't see Vaarsuvius being too eager to let them near her daughter, especially if they wanted to be alone, and after that show, Reddy would be even less eager.
    Certainly not without one of them supervising. Heck, even Elan if V and Reddy were desperate!

Okay, maybe not Elan.

Aw, man!

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Titan in the Playground

Poor Elan. DXD

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ogre in the Playground

Certainly not without one of them supervising. Heck, even Elan if V and Reddy were desperate!

Okay, maybe not Elan.

Aw, man!
    Hey V! We're all invisible!
    DeviantArt

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Titan in the Playground

We went over this a while ago. According to the DnD rules, elves produce fertile offspring with everyone except orcs. In my head, everyone's just a different race of the same species, so elf/orc, human/halfling, goblin/dwarf and what have you can all have fertile children.
    h'uh. Wonder if they can have fertile offspring with bugbears... nahh.

Just because they have a fertile offspring doesn’t mean they are of the same species. Just that they are compatible. IMO it’s completely possible to have a fertile child with say an alien. And that’s just us in the real world, were we have only one intelligent species. In worlds like D&D, there are dozens of different sentient species (goblinoid (goblin, bugbear, hobgoblin), orcish (orcs... maybe something else), humanoid (elf, dwarf, human) short (gnome, halfling) reptile (lizardman, kobold, troq, ETC) ETC) its possible that by mere coincidence, two different species can produce fertile offspring.

Who knows? Maybe a scorpion can produce a fertile offspring with a praying mantis; they are just too busy eating one another to do so.

… Maybe elves would count as a separate species from humans, since they have subspecies like high elves, wood elves, Drow, grey elves, aquatic elves, ETC.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1169

h'uh. Wonder if they can have fertile offspring with bugbears... nahh.

Just because they have a fertile offspring doesn’t mean they are of the same species. Just that they are compatible.
    ...That's not how biology works. The actual criteria of being two separate species, I believe, is that the two cannot produce a fertile child between them. A horse and a donkey can breed, but a mule's always infertile, so horses and donkeys are different species. A poodle can breed with a Great Dane, so they're different races/breeds of the same species. That's the defining difference between different races and different species.

Okay, maybe not Elan.

Aw, man!
    I think that they probably wouldn't accept any supervision but their own if those two wanted to see Tia.
    Last edited by Water-Smurf; 2010-02-24 at 05:59 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Titan in the Playground

I completely understand. DXD I'd do the same, if i was V.