New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

ouch. well good luck to your brother i guess.

anyone have any ideas on how to get Redcloak and Miko together? most i can think of is the two of them insulting eachother on a deasert sildand, but i something tells me that wont help them... perhaps something that has to do with them both being lawful? hmmm...
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

Sounds sensible... common ground...
    MIKO IS INSANE. There is no common ground. DX
    Maybe after she falls, he's talking about how horrible it is to lose everything, like he lost his brother. And since she's so low and upset, she gives in?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    And congrats--you've inspired me to try to flesh them out a little further than just comic relief in something or other. Either one of my ongoing stories or in a one-shot. They do deserve some visible depth, or at least being something other than caricatures.
    I don't know whether to say "thank you", "you're welcome", "congratulations", or "ooo! Squee!" so I'll just settle on Have fun with that, and I can't wait to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by icastflare! View Post
    hmmm idea.ElanxV in a play and it leads to a moment that elan kisses v when he was supposed to kiss the female lead.
    I like the sound of that. Do you plan to write it?

Quote Originally Posted by Closak View Post
    Hmmm...I have an idea for a fic, hopefully i manage to get something out this week.

It involves...Ah but that would be telling.
    ...WORLD DOMINATION!
    Ooo, can't wait to read that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    *squee!*
    Thanks!

...Wait, does this mean no more Vaarsuvius/Vaarsuvius?
    Next time whoever wants to do it will just have to come up with a new reason that there's two Vaarsuvi (teehee). Magical accident? Doppelgangers? One's actively changing his/her appearance to look like the other? You could still get the same feel of the other one by doing this and even retcon it into that one's continuity by saying that they were lying for some reason if you wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sereg View Post
    Ooh. I like questions. They mean that people are interested. To answer, Tsukiko is effectively a level 1 human commoner. If she takes a class level before maximum human starting age for the easiest classes (19 which has now been retconned to be sooner than I originally planned), she can replace the commoner level with her new class level. (This is how I rule it in my campaigns. Other people don't necessarily do it that way.)
    Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Thoughts? I just wanted to make it really silly.
    You suceeded.
    Seriously though, nice job. The bits toward the end where she'd stop the narration to ask things like "Why are you looking at me like that?" made me laugh.

Does anyone know whether or not it would be considered okay if we had a link to the FF.net safty thread in the first post? I'm not sure whether it would be frowned upon the same way posting links to against-forum-rules pictures/stories is or if it would be allowed to stay on the basis that according to FF.net's rules (if memory serves (and assuming they were enforced)), there shouldn't be any explicit sex, cussing, flaming etc. there either. After all, we originally started it just to hold all the off-topic tangents we run away on.

Ooo, looks like it's almost time for a new thread. *looks around for Fiddler* What are we going to do on the day (its eventual occurence is inevitable) when someone else (*gasp*) will have to make the new thread?
    That's what she said.
    Susan Sto Helit avatar by Felyndiira.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Titan in the Playground

The FF.net rules are enforced about as tightly as...
    I have no end for that metaphor. Needless to say, they aren't enforced.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyDelusion View Post
    Seriously though, nice job. The bits toward the end where she'd stop the narration to ask things like "Why are you looking at me like that?" made me laugh.
    Thanks! How long do you think it took before they brought in the interviewers to the school?
    Does anyone know whether or not it would be considered okay if we had a link to the FF.net safty thread in the first post? I'm not sure whether it would be frowned upon the same way posting links to against-forum-rules pictures/stories is or if it would be allowed to stay on the basis that according to FF.net's rules (if memory serves (and assuming they were enforced)), there shouldn't be any explicit sex, cussing, flaming etc. there either. After all, we originally started it just to hold all the off-topic tangents we run away on.
    ...I dunno. You should ask Roland.

Ooo, looks like it's almost time for a new thread. *looks around for Fiddler* What are we going to do on the day (its eventual occurence is inevitable) when someone else (*gasp*) will have to make the new thread?
    Someone else will do it! In any case, we've got until tomorrow! Where's the list again?

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    The FF.net rules are enforced about as tightly as...
    I have no end for that metaphor. Needless to say, they aren't enforced.
    Well, yes, but the rules do exist, nonetheless. This is why I think the matter would be on the fence.

Thanks! How long do you think it took before they brought in the interviewers to the school?
    You're welcome! *shrug* Will it come up in a future fic?

...I dunno. You should ask Roland.
    I think I will, since we're approaching a new thread anyway. *begins carefully, reverentially, constructing a polite PM*

Someone else will do it! In any case, we've got until tomorrow! Where's the list again?
    Good question. I don't think it's been posted at any point in this thread. Maybe that's something that should go somewhere in the first post too. Does anyone who's on right now have a copy of the list? (I'm sure Fiddler does, and I think Sereg's kept it too, but I'm not sure.)
    That's what she said.

7. - Top - End - #1447

You're welcome! *shrug* Will it come up in a future fic?
    I find this messed up school very funny.

Also, today, I was talking to B and his friends, and one of his friends mentioned a...A crack pairing between two more of their friends (Different ones), one of which has no sense of personal hygiene whatsoever. Most of them screamed in horror at the mental image, B said that his mind was utterly, permanently shattered, and another one of his friends curled up in a little ball whimpering.

I just looked at them somewhat bemused, then started to laugh. I love the bonuses to squick saves this thread has given.

Good question. I don't think it's been posted at any point in this thread. Maybe that's something that should go somewhere in the first post too. Does anyone who's on right now have a copy of the list? (I'm sure Fiddler does, and I think Sereg's kept it too, but I'm not sure.)
    No, I don't. Sorry.

Is the half-elf template one next? Or is it #9?

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Titan in the Playground

...urge to make... shipper... base class... RISING...

9. - Top - End - #1449

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    ...urge to make... shipper... base class... RISING...
    Please, PLEASE do it!!!!

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Barbarian in the Playground

I found the title list:
    1: Crack Pairings
    2: Brain Bleach Not Included
    3: 50% More Squick
    4: You Can't Unread It
    5: We Revel in Infamy
    6: We’ve Finally Stooped to Shipping Ourselves
    7: Warning: Zanaril’s Drinks are Spiked with Love Potion (Ended up being "Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion")
    8: We need a Half-Elf Template (Because if it doesn’t end in elven sex, we’ve done something wrong)
    9: Your Soul is Now Forfeit
    10: This is Getting a Bit Ridiculous
    11: Leave your sanity at the Door
    12: If it Makes Sense, We’re Doing it Wrong!
    13: Ignoring Canon since May 2009
    I'll probably only be online for about 3-4 more hours tonight, then I won't be online until around 5PM EST tomorrow, so it's probably best that we make the next thread tonight.

It's around 21 more posts until the thread's full.
    Last edited by Lira; 2010-03-03 at 07:24 PM.
    Credits to half-halfling for my adorable avatar.

Come visit the Discussion Thread Index II.
    Looking for a new webcomic to read? Take a look at the Webcomic List.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Orc in the Playground

I find this messed up school very funny.

Also, today, I was talking to B and his friends, and one of his friends mentioned a...A crack pairing between two more of their friends (Different ones), one of which has no sense of personal hygiene whatsoever. Most of them screamed in horror at the mental image, B said that his mind was utterly, permanently shattered, and another one of his friends curled up in a little ball whimpering.

I just looked at them somewhat bemused, then started to laugh. I love the bonuses to squick saves this thread has given.
    Er...congratulations?

No, I don't. Sorry.

Is the half-elf template one next? Or is it #9?
    I can't remember for the life of me. I think I might start keeping the list too (once it pops up again) just so I'll know in advance.

Oh, hi Lira! What time tonight will you be getting off? If Fiddler doesn't show up, I wouldn't mind starting the thread myself, but I'd like to get a response from Roland about whether or not it's okay to have a link to the FF.net thread first.
    That's what she said.

12. - Top - End - #1452

Oh, hi Lira! What time tonight will you be getting off?
    Probably around 11PM EST. But I'm going off for about half an hour now to do something.
    If Fiddler doesn't show up, I wouldn't mind starting the thread myself, but I'd like to get a response from Roland about whether or not it's okay to have a link to the FF.net thread first.
    You could always just edit the first post when you get the reply.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lira View Post
    Probably around 11PM EST. But I'm going off for about half an hour now to do something.You could always just edit the first post when you get the reply.
    True. Okay. Want to say that unless Fiddler logs on and gets in touch with you before 10 PM EST we'll make the new thread then?
    That's what she said.

14. - Top - End - #1454

Quote Originally Posted by Sereg View Post
    Perhaps this should also go in the opening post.
    I'm pretty pissed upset off that it needs to, actually.

I feel like blaming myself for not paying as close attention to this thread as I used to, but I shouldn't need to police you, especially since I'm not a mod.

And, following the logic of not paying as much attention to the thread as I used to, I feel someone else should make the next thread. I'd suggest Lira (as she's already in control of the index), but anybody who posts frequently would be good, I suppose.

The title list as I have it:

1: Crack Pairings
    2: Brain Bleach Not Included
    3: 50% More Squick
    4: You Can't Unread It
    5: We Revel in Infamy
    6: We’ve Finally Stooped to Shipping Ourselves
    7: Warning: Drinks Spiked with Love Potion
    8: We need a Half-Elf Template (Because if it doesn’t end in elven sex, we’ve done something wrong) (?)
    9: Your Soul is Now Forfeit
    10: This is Getting a Bit Ridiculous
    11: Leave your sanity at the Door
    12: If it Makes Sense, We’re Doing it Wrong!
    13: Ignoring Canon since May 2009
    14: Because Depravity Loves Company
    15: Not leaving Anytime Soon
    16: Resistance is Futile

The question after 8 is because I was wondering if that second bit would be okay. I'd say no, but whatever.
    Last edited by The Dark Fiddler; 2010-03-03 at 07:54 PM. Reason: better word, but leaving the first for impact
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Orc in the Playground

Oh, hi Fiddler. Sorry we've disappointed you.

I guess, now that you've said it, it would make perfect sense for Lira to do the whole thing; she has the list, she gets on frequently enough not to miss it, and it would mean we wouldn't have to make sure two specific people were logged on every time we needed a new thread. When you log back on, Lira, let us know if you'd have a problem with this arrangement.

And as for the next title, I think the bit in parentheses was supposed to go in the first post, but instead you could just put something like "You all know why " since we do all know why and leave it at that.
    That's what she said.

16. - Top - End - #1456

And as for the next title, I think the bit in parentheses was supposed to go in the first post, but instead you could just put something like "You all know why " since we do all know why and leave it at that.
    I like that idea.

17. - Top - End - #1457

I'd be fine with making the new thread.

Edit: So, it's past 11 now and I'm heading off to bed. I'll post the new thread in the morning. Hopefully this one will be done by then.
    Last edited by Lira; 2010-03-03 at 11:26 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Orc in the Playground

That's great. In other news, Roland got back to me about the FF.net link and basically said that if we're posting really innappropriate content over there, then, no, don't link to over here.

I found this a little vexing at first, but I think I've found a good solution to this problem:

The original FF.net thread was for non-crack-pairing conversation. Wouldn't it make sense to make a different FF.net thread for crack-pairing conversation that can't go here (discussion of Water-Smurf's R-rated things, for example)? It's okay to link the chatter thread here, because, last time I checked it was merely off-topic, not inappropriate. We could then link the R-rated-crack-discussion thread somewhere in the chatter thread and be all set.

I know that that sounds a little complicated, but I think it's a reasonable course of action.

I have to log off now anyway, so I guess it's up to you guys.
    That's what she said.

19. - Top - End - #1459

That's great. In other news, Roland got back to me about the FF.net link and basically said that if we're posting really innappropriate content over there, then, no, don't link to over here.

I found this a little vexing at first, but I think I've found a good solution to this problem:

The original FF.net thread was for non-crack-pairing conversation. Wouldn't it make sense to make a different FF.net thread for crack-pairing conversation that can't go here (discussion of Water-Smurf's R-rated things, for example)? It's okay to link the chatter thread here, because, last time I checked it was merely off-topic, not inappropriate. We could then link the R-rated-crack-discussion thread somewhere in the chatter thread and be all set.

I know that that sounds a little complicated, but I think it's a reasonable course of action.

I dunno if I want to risk it...

20. - Top - End - #1460

That, to me, sounds just like you're trying to find a hole in the rules. If linking to inappropriate sites is not allowed, linking to a site that links to inappropriate sites would be equally disallowed, logically. Just my two cents.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

21. - Top - End - #1461

Can't stay on too long--gotta do homework--but I don't think we should push that. The separate forum was made because it would be against the rules to post that stuff here. Linking to it makes it pretty pointless. One can bookmark the thread on FF if they like, and if someone asks, we can PM them and tell them where the darker discussion's gone. But otherwise, let'd not try to make Roland's life harder. He's already been really generous towards us.

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, you're all right. Now I think that idea's rather half-baked. Here's a better version:

FF.net chatter thread is for rule-appropriate chatting only. There will be no link to inappropriate material there. We can link to this thread from here, since there won't be anything there against the rules.

FF.net questionable crack discussion thread will still exist and be mostly restricted to what it was made for.

One of the FF.net users (perhaps Water-Smurf) can be in charge of contacting posters in the chatter thread through FF.net's PM system, asking them if they would like a link to the other thread and providing it if asked.

This way, only crack ficcers who have actively asked to view these discussions through a system unaffiliated with GitP will get a direct link.

How's that?
    Last edited by ShinyDelusion; 2010-03-03 at 09:11 PM.
    That's what she said.

23. - Top - End - #1463

Yeah, you're all right. Now I think that idea's rather half-baked. Here's a better version:

FF.net chatter thread is for rule-appropriate chatting only. There will be no link to inappropriate material there. We can link to this thread from here, since there won't be anything there against the rules.

FF.net questionable crack discussion thread will still exist and be mostly restricted to what it was made for.

One of the FF.net users (perhaps Water-Smurf) can be in charge of contacting posters in the chatter thread through FF.net's PM system, asking them if they would like a link to the other thread and providing it if asked.

This way, only crack ficcers who have actively asked to view these discussions through a system unaffiliated with GitP will get a direct link.

How's that?
    That's still leading people to content that the Giant doesn't approve of indirectly through his forums. Quite honestly, it feels like I'm giving someone cheek in their own home to try to slip one past him like that, and since I respect Roland and Rich, I'm not willing to knowingly give either of them cheek. (I'm showing age. "Give them cheek"? How archaic can you get?)

It's pretty easy to find if anyone looks through the Order of the Stick FF category. We're the only OotS forum on the whole site, so if someone really is interested in it, they'll stumble on it. And if anyone new becomes a regular, we're probably going to mention the back alley in conversation anyway, so they'll figure it out or we'll PM an explanation. Otherwise, let's try to make Roland's life a little easier and not try to lead people onto stuff he's going to have to mod.

Spoiler
    Show

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

24. - Top - End - #1464

That's still leading people to content that the Giant doesn't approve of indirectly through his forums. Quite honestly, it feels like I'm giving someone cheek in their own home to try to slip one past him like that, and since I respect Roland and Rich, I'm not willing to knowingly give either of them cheek. (I'm showing age. "Give them cheek"? How archaic can you get?)

It's pretty easy to find if anyone looks through the Order of the Stick FF category. We're the only OotS forum on the whole site, so if someone really is interested in it, they'll stumble on it. And if anyone new becomes a regular, we're probably going to mention the back alley in conversation anyway, so they'll figure it out or we'll PM an explanation. Otherwise, let's try to make Roland's life a little easier and not try to lead people onto stuff he's going to have to mod.
    Water-Smurf's got a point here.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Titan in the Playground

wonder if my two pictures and my one story will be put on the front page of the new thread... *shrugs*
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Orc in the Playground

I suppose that works. My main concern was making sure everyone who needs to post in either of the alternate threads will have relatively easy access to the links and therefore be less tempted to just post questionable things here. It's a sticky matter on all sides, but, I suppose that unless FanFiction.net spontaneously sprouts more OotS fans and threads that would make ours hard to find or something equally strange happens we can just have our thread(s) and no links, since the general consensus seems to be that that would be for the best. Glad that's sorted out, then.

Edit: They already are, Gicko; Lira updates the list as she reads the thread, not at the beginning of every new thread.
    Last edited by ShinyDelusion; 2010-03-03 at 09:38 PM.
    That's what she said.

27. - Top - End - #1467

I suppose that works. My main concern was making sure everyone who needs to post in either of the alternate threads will have relatively easy access to the links and therefore be less tempted to just post questionable things here. It's a sticky matter on all sides, but, I suppose that unless FanFiction.net spontaneously sprouts more OotS fans and threads that would make ours hard to find or something equally strange happens we can just have our thread(s) and no links, since the general consensus seems to be that that would be for the best. Glad that's sorted out, then.

Edit: They already are, Gicko; Lira updates the list as she reads the thread, not at the beginning of every new thread.
    Don't worry--if anyone looks like they're pushing the envelop, we'll all just politely nudge them towards the alley. Wins on all sides.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Titan in the Playground

h'uh, whadea know. guess i didint notice my own name up there XD silly me!
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

But otherwise, let'd not try to make Roland's life harder. He's already been really generous towards us.
    Much appreciated ma'am. *Tips hat*
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah. No permanent link, just a PM to anyone who seems to be getting out of line.

As for the title - just "we need a Half-Elf template" is enough, I think. Sometimes less is more.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-03-04 at 01:45 AM.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo