New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: To Gain the Spark IC

Typhae

Vincent. Worked in the palace. Owns a shop.

Typhae compares the man with the image she saw, made by those two strange entities and Sara. There were far too many similarities for this to be coincidence. At least, so Typhae thinks- she's rather used to being in the center of things, whether purposefully or not. What rumors though? That might be an interesting thread to pick up on.

That last thought really perks her interest though. Someone didn't like this man at all...

There was an interesting story here, Typhae is sure of it. Very interesting story indeed. She tries to pick out who exactly made those three different comments, particularly the second and the last, and will move along with the assembly wherever they go next, though she might choose to head after the bride and groom if she senses them going too far.

Spoiler
    Show
    I believe that as long as I have line of sight, I can pick out whoever I'm hearing specific thoughts from. Also, with Mindsight, Typhae is going to try and keep track of the newlyweds, and see if they go too far away.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Typhae

The man is an almost exact match for Liuxi's image. The only real difference was that the Being's depictions gave him an expression; it was surprising how large of a difference that made. Well, that and the streak of gray the barber now had running through his hair.

The various thinkers are mingling with the other wedding guests, putting on cheerful expressions, even as some of them seethe inwardly. The jealous man in particular seems to be acting quite jocularly. A tad taller than Vincent, he also seems to be a few years older, if his entirely gray head is to be counted on. He also has a prominent hawk-like nose, and as he smiles in others' company, his eyes remain cold and fierce.

The married couple, whose thoughts Typhae hasn't been able to hear, move out of her range, vanishing from her Mindsight.
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-03-27 at 04:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Serah

<You know, if this guy can really make such a big mess of things, he's hiding it pretty well. Give me a minute.> Serah takes a few steps from her party, trying to get a good reading off the gaudy barber.

Spoiler
    Show
    Check his Int and type through Mindsight, see if there's anything special about him.

She approaches the merchant with a modest step, taking her role as a knight's speaker to heart. "Excuse me, sir. Could you spare a moment to help us out? We're looking for a man who, we're told, has a shop around here. My liege..." She subtly nods over to the mounted knight. "Would like to have a word with him. Would you happen to know of a Vincent Liuxi?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy is at +47, Bluff at +41. She'll take 10 if needed.
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Team Good, Bad, and Alien

Mindsight:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Type: Humanoid. Int score: 10

"Vincent Liuxi!" the man exclaims, with much waving and flourishing of his cape. "Thata no good dirty leetle barber! He no nearly as good the man as I! If your man trying to get a refund from his poor service, then he be on Flit Strit. Otherwise, know that Pereleli is the best in town!"
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Typhae

Typhae had been hoping to wait around, gather some more information, but... well, better to keep up with the target. Maybe?

Well, there was a chance the two were going to a reception or something along those lines, at which point she could quietly interrogate the guests. She focuses on each of the people who she heard the thoughts from, making sure she gets relatively close to them, then heads after Liuxi before he gets completely out of range.

Spoiler
    Show
    She makes sure she gets within 30ft of each of the people she saw and heard interesting thoughts from, examining them up close for the purposes of using Locate Creature later, then will go invisibly after Luixi.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Serah

"Oh, no, don't worry. After what we've heard of him, the last thing my liege would do would be to let him cut his hair. There are simply a few issues that he wishes to discuss with Mr. Liuxi." She gives him a smile and a bow. "Thanks you, you've been most helpful."

She heads back to the group. "...and now we have the street... Lets get going before that fool tries to get at your head Gram"
    Last edited by Ryuuk; 2010-03-29 at 01:38 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

Calebros

Calebros smiles as Serah returns to the group.
    <Maybe we should let him take a crack at it, I think the bear would look most dashing with a trim, especially around the ears>
    He projects to all 3 of his compatriots.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Typhae

The thoughts turn more disapproving of the couple as Typhae continues listening in.

Going back to work? On his wedding day? Shameful.

She isn't good enough for him. Hell isn't good enough for him.

The man is so cheap to not hold a reception for us. Typical.

Following after the couple, Typhae steadily heads to a section of the city that can only be described as a slum.

Everybody

Meeting up with each other, you see a battered sign, hastily repainted as "Liuxi's Tonsolorium," swinging in front of one of the nicer buildings on the street. It's dirty and colorless and ugly, but it doesn't look in danger of falling down anytime soon.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"I am not sure I would fit inside. Would someone like to duck in and see what can be seen?"

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Typhae

Typhae continues to follow stealthily, not wanting the man and his wife to get out of her sight. The more she thinks, the more she really can't comprehend what was going on here.

Unless...

It was possible that he was entirely in control. If he was really a man capable of destroying the planes, then controlling someone's mind should be simple. And she couldn't sense either of them. Or maybe she didn't exist at all, merely a figment created by him or something similar. The scenario seemed rather far fetched, but something along those lines was all she could think of. He merely went through it all for appearances, controlling her for... something. Hmm.

She continues to follow along stealthily, now focusing her sight to try and detect magical auras. Maybe she could see if there was some magic around the two.

Spoiler
    Show
    Warlock Detect Magic.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2010-03-30 at 02:09 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

Calebros

Quote Originally Posted by mhvaughan View Post
    "I am not sure I would fit inside. Would someone like to duck in and see what can be seen?"
    That'd be your cue sweet cheeks.
    Calebros remarks wryly to Serah.
    Though if you're too worried about it I can always slip in and stick to the shadows. Probably won't find much out without causing a ruckus that way though.
    Last edited by shadowedsoul; 2010-03-30 at 01:41 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Everybody

As Typhae casts a quick detect magic, she notices nothing magical about the pair. However, the succubus, knight-errant, and tall man with her radiate the stuff.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

((Doh. I can't believe I missed joining up with the others. >.<))

Typhae

<Having fun?>
    Typhae asks the others telepathically, a grin on her face.
    <It's a happy occasion, so you should be. Mr. Luixi wouldn't want you unhappy on his wedding day.>

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

((Don't feel bad Vael, I didn't realize we had met up, either.))

Gram is somewhat surprised to hear Typhae in his head, and even more at the coincidental timing. Examining the crowded street, he tries to identify this Liuxi.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Gram mutters under his breath, not quite sure yet what to do with the telepathy.

What now is our course of action? Try to talk to him, or merely watch him? And if we talk to him, what do we say? 'Mr. Liuxi, we were informed you know something about the imminent destruction of the multiverse, would you kindly tell us if your are behind it so we can kill you?'

((A joke from the Warden? Unthinkable!))

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"We remember a tradition" The first sound 'trix had made in half a city came down from her current rooftop, "that the humans have. When trying to interrogate someone. One kind, helpful interrogator. One... not so nice. Perhaps we should try it? 'Answer these questions and the insect and the bear will not eat you'... Certainly, we know of many who would rather implicate another than face death. Most, in fact. Worth an attempt?"

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

As you debate amongst yourselves, a shabbily-dressed man with a coarse set of whiskers (who Typhae does not recognize) bumps into Calebros("Terribly sorry, sirs"), and smoothly ascends the stairs to Liuxi's establishment.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"My concern is this: if he plans on destroying the multiverse, is it wise to tip our hands?"

Gram opens his second sight, taking the measure of those around him.

Spoiler
    Show
    I would like to know the alignment and strength of aura of Liuxi, the man who just bumped Calebros, the bride, and anyone else who seems to have a particularly strong aura.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"We do not think it is him. Consider: Were he alone capable of such an act, would a group such as us have been charged with this task? We would be so hopelessly outmatched as to make our participation meaningless. No, his danger lies in a group, maybe small, maybe large - but something that can be investigated or infiltrated, something that can be dismembered, piece by manageable piece. He is the first, not the whole."

And we really, REALLY hope we are right about that...

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Perhaps.

"And on the other hand, it might be that we must protect him from others who would silence him."

Suspicion suddenly fills Gram. That man that just entered, or someone on the street, or anyone else for that matter, could easily silence their only lead in this madness.

"We need to get him off the streets, alone and safe. We can deal with the details of his involvement afterwards. Serah, could you enclose Liuxi within your illusion, to hide him? Or Typhae, could you teleport him against his will, perhaps if he were unconscious?"

Gram begins making his way towards the couple, intent on shielding them from potential attackers with his bulk and getting the man out of here.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

Calebros

If we're going to be leaving anyway then just grab him and fly away, I'm guessing the guard in a city like this wouldn't really be able to stop us. Once we get out of town we can...discuss the matter with him on our terms.

Spoiler
    Show

spot check on the off chance that the guy who bumped into me tried to rob me or put something on me-(1d20+40)[46]

Calebros' hand darts out and grips the man's arm before he moves away.
    Watch where you're going old fool.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Typhae

<I could. But I think there's more to him than it appears.>
    Typhae says.
    <I don't know what, but something seems weird about him to me. I'm not sure just straight up going after him is the best idea.>

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Serah

Sweet cheeks... Looking over the establishment from a distance, Serah's aze turns to Calebros momentarily. "Go ahead, you'd finally start pulling your weight."

---

<Try talking to idiots for hours, you'll see it can be rather thrilling... Nice timing.> She'll make sure to ask her how she did it when they have the time.

She follows the discussion and watches Garm set off. <Say you've been tasked with safeguarding all life, and that you have reason to believe his might be in danger. Perhaps you're the only one of use that he'll believe that from, and its true, really. You know what my first idea was...> Kidnapping him, well, he hadn't phrased it like that, but its what it came down to. She maintains the illusion until Gram tries something that a mounted knight simply cannot do. <I can put it over him just as I did it on you, but I can only keep one at a time. Tell me when you want me to drop it.> She follows some distance behind her liege.
    Last edited by Ryuuk; 2010-03-30 at 05:34 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Gram continues walking, past the couple. He finally tries to use the telepathic link:

<What would you suggest then?>
    Last edited by Barbarian MD; 2010-03-30 at 07:59 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Typhae

<A bit of investigation. Isn't that what we came for in the first place? We've found him, and his shop. I was there at his wedding- or part of it- and heard a lot of interesting things. We could follow up with some of the people there...>

Typhae suggests.

<Though going after him now is the more straightforward method. I'm probably just making it too complicated.>

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

The man shrieks as Calebros's arm lands on him. "Sorry, good sir! I am merely attempting to go to the barber's! Please let me go..." He hasn't planted anything on you, nor do you notice anything missing.

Gram:
    Spoiler
    Show

In addition to the auras of your fellow party members, the man Calebros is holding emits a faint aura of law. Liuxi and his bride are inside; past the range of your second sight.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    It's not an active process; I just like to describe everything with fluff. The moment they came within range Gram would know their alignment.

The law guy: was he good, neutral, or evil?

Edit: or are you saying that he went inside before we got here?
    Last edited by Barbarian MD; 2010-03-31 at 06:44 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Ah. Sorry. Liuxi and his new wife entered his shop before you arrived. And the man didn't emit either good or evil.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

((Ah, okay. Tht negates most of what Gram said, then.))

((Rewind to talk of Calebros scouting))
    "Caleb, it is all yours."

Gram moves across the street, out of the way but close enough to respond to any developments.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

Calebros

Calebros nods to Gram and turns.
    Let's see what we can find then.
    He says, waiting until no one other than the group is in the immediate vicinity before disappearing and moving toward the building.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot Check (As requested)-(1d20+40)[50]
    Listen Check (For good measure)-(1d20+35)[53]
    Hide Check-(1d20+83)[97]
    Move Silently-(1d20+59)[77]

Active effects and other goodies-
    Darkstalker
    Assassin's Stance
    Blindsight 60 ft.
    Mind Blank
    Nondetection (Caster Level DC 35)
    Tongues
    Shadow Form
    See in Darkness
    Assassin's Shadow Step (Spending a swift action each round to maintain)
    Spell Resistance 27
    I can list energy immunities and the like if you want, but I don't think they're really relevant right now.

If crap gets hairy Calebros is fully prepared to teleport back into the midst of the group.