New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Eragon the Lynching II: The First Age

Stannis
    "Certainly." He agree's at last. He then returns to the map. He stares again at the men around the table, and has a flicker of understanding. Like bears, tigers and jackals surrounded by wolves. They'll fight together for now, but when they run of the wolves...
    "Well I have made my suggestion. Now if you will excuse me."

Melisandre
    "It does not matter." She says at last, and resumes walking. She will walk throughout the night without rest until she finds these spellcasters.

Feanor
    He feels a certain satisfaction, then turns to his summoner. "An honorable suggestion. Come then, let us begin our hunt."

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

Samurai Jack

Jack narrows his eyes at Malus, it is the warrior he fought upon first appearing in these lands. For now he makes no move other than placing his hand on his sword.

Eddie Riggs

Eddie catches the handkerchief. "Benton, whats going on here? Why are they celebrating?"
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Malus
    Seeing the Samurai, Malus finds his hand stray towards the warpsword. Painfully controlling himself, he instead bumps it against the pommel of his saddle and closes the distance between them. "It's a pleasure to see you again." He says. And then, because he is driven by an almost compulsive need to mannipulate, he adds "I would like to appologise for my earlier actions. I wasn't myself."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"You've me this ruffian in the past, I assume?" Quenthel asks from underneath her cloak.
    Last edited by The Tygre; 2010-05-13 at 11:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Malus
    The dark elf nods at the only companion he has anything in common with. "Oh yes. I saved his life." He replies. "Dark Mother alone knows why." He adds, under his breath.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

6. - Top - End - #336

Samurai Jack

The Samurai bows his head slightly to the Dark Elf. "I apologize to for my part in our battler earlier."

Jack knows better then to fall for this act but with the chosen in tow, he cannot afford to risk them being hurt in another battle like this.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

"Already forgotten." Malus replies, and spurs Spite on ahead.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

Surda War Room

They allow Stannis to go without incident, rising as he departs.

Surda Border

Angela continues to follow Melisandre. She has a pack with her.

"It's about two day's walk north of here. And I am not leaving you alone to be terrorized by...well who knows what by the battlefield. Crows, and such."

Dras-Leona

The absent-minded sage tugs at Feanor's sleeve.

"Did you want anything? Or can I continue trying to answer my Question now?"

Uru-Baen

"Because," Benton says slowly. "For over a hundred years, the Varden has raided our southern border. And due to the political infighting that the Empire has, yours is the first truly successful raid against them. You're a hero to them, sir."

The Great Plain of Gil'ead

The trees of the forest abruptly end at a certain point. While this seems to be a violation of all geography the two aboveworlders have known their entire lives, they eventually come to realize that the only possible explanation was magic. Why anybody would maintain such a spell is another matter entirely.

As the group continues southward, they spot a small horde of dark-skinned creatures ahead. Resembling man-sized trolls, they have ram's horns atop orc-like heads. The horde pauses from whatever activity it was perusing. A moment of silence. Then a charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

9. - Top - End - #339

Eddie Riggs

"We retreated? I'd hardly call that a success." Eddie says grimly. Normally he's not one to refuse a celebration but this is not the time.

"Worse then that, they know that you now have someone who could challenge them effectively. They will be planning a larger assault soon."

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Orcs. Pfft. Goddess, this is why you can't leave hired help in the soft, squishy hands of surface dwellers. "I do not mean to sound alarmed, but it appears a horde of flesh-eating barbarians are coming towards us. Do we have some kind of plan for this?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

11. - Top - End - #341

Samurai Jack

Jack draws his sword and pushes his horse forward towards the Orcs, swinging the magic blade with enough force to slice through steel, the orcs should start falling now.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Malus draws his sword. "Here's the plan." He declares, spurring Spite forward. They're not orcs. Can't be. Orcs are bigger, greener, and far more primitive. "Kill them until they run away."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

The Great Plain

Several of the Urgals find themselves suddenly headless due to the actions of the Samurai. However, by riding into the center of their group, Jack has rendered himself vulnerable. Sheer numbers have power, and Jack is pulled from his horse.

Malus engages with the Urgals, and finds himself confronted by a trio of the beasts far taller than the others. Standing nearly nine feet tall, they wear crudely, but effectively wrought steel plate, and carry deadly-looking long knives.

Spoiler
    Show

Uru-Baen

"And when your prior attacks ended in wholescale slaughter, this is something to celebrate," Benton mutters. "As for now, they are merry with excitement and the stench of relative victory. Of course such things always have their costs..."

Benton pushes Eddie to the side, while an arrow that would have been embedded between his eyes breaks on the cobblestones. "And your victory has made some of the nobles jealous. From the looks of the fletching, that would be Count Ortlov"
    Last edited by industrious; 2010-05-15 at 10:35 PM.
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

14. - Top - End - #344

Eddie Riggs

"So people are trying to kill me because I've become the hero I never wanted to be. I hate this world." Eddie groans. "Can you set me up a meeting with this count when you're arranging for the men?"

Samurai Jack

Pulled from his steed Jack brings his sword against the grasping arms of his grabbling foes. Once they have been severed he makes a move against the same Urgal's heads.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quenthel has no desire to ride into the center of a horde of barbarians. But males will be males, of course... Quehtnel tries to stay near Malus as she flails her serpents wildly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

Malus tugs sharply on Spite's reigns, causing the beast to turn, and it's tail to sweep into them as it balances itself, caving in the nearest one's ribs. His axe slams down at the second's collarbone with all the force he can put behind it.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Pixie in the Playground

Stannis stares ant the King. "You wanted to speak to me, your majesty?" He says. He is always sure to pay the proper respects. Whatever he may think of the Surdan Monarch, the man is a king and should be addressed as such.

Melisandre begins walking. She is very stubborn, unthinkingly so. To her, the walk doesn't mean a thing. "We won't sleep then, that will shorten the time."

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

Surda Basement

"Yes, actually." Orrin looks completely serious, as he speaks. "Come with me."

Taking a torch from one of the walls, he leads Stannis down several corridors, and down what seems to be an eternity of stairs. Eventually they are in a small dark room.

"Here it is. The center of the Varden's intelligence network."

It's an arch. Exactly like the one that had haunted his dreams. The sole difference is the symbol marked on the side. Where his had a triangle, this one had a single wavy line.

Surda Border

"Melly, you are my kind of crazy." Angela continues to follow her.

From the horizon, Melissandre can see the outline of a man on horseback, galloping towards the pair.

Uru-Baen

"Essentially, yes, sir. You are being attacked because you have accomplished what the Count had long since held was an impossible task. And there is no need to meet with him, as the King has called a Council of the highest nobles. You, of course, are included among that august score." One good thing about Benton. He is very good at sarcasm.

Eddie finds himself back in that same room he first met the king at. THe table has been replaced with one far larger, and it is crowded with perhaps a dozen nobles in addition to the king. Each is decorated in outfits more lavish than the next. Jewels and garish colors and puffs and frills and lace. They come in two shapes: enormously rotund, and in the case of three of them, nearly rail-thin. At the head of the table, Galbatorix is seated, an empty chair at his right.

"Hello, Count Riggs. Please, have a seat."

The Great Plain

The first Kull flies into the air, ribs now concave, as Quenthal's vipers bite and nibble at his airborne flesh. Malus's strikes sunder the Kull's weapon in two; the Kull's attempts to draw another are too late for the dark elf's follow up. The sole Kull remaining throws his knife sideways, sending the blade spinning straight at Malus's armor, too fast for the cursed elf to block. Furthermore, the Kull draws another two of the wickedly curved blades, and slashes at Spite's hide.

Jack's blade sends blood flickering into the air. While his robe has been torn off by the fall, he still manages to hold the Urgal's at bay. Severed heads line a rough circle about him. But the Urgal's draw daggers, and throw nearly a dozen of the weapons at Jack from different directions.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

19. - Top - End - #349
    Pixie in the Playground

Stannis
    The man nods. "I see. I take it you know this is how I arrived." He says, still examining the doorway. "What do they want? I do not believe they assist either of us out of charity."

Melisandre
    The priestess does not speak to the herbalist. She simply continues, hailing the man as he approaches.
    Last edited by Draxx; 2010-05-19 at 05:35 AM.

20. - Top - End - #350

Eddie Riggs

Eddie takes his seat at the table without saying a word. He doesn't even display any of his expected rudeness or uncoth mannerisms, other then the spinning of an arrow in his fingers.

Samurai Jack

Jack easily jumps above the projectiles, leaving them to follow their paths back into the urgal ranks. On his fall he brings his sword to bear against another Urgal's head.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Malus shakes his head. It is not wise to provoke Spite.
    The Cold One goes wild, nearly throwing Malus of it's back and bellowing deafeningly. It's powerful legs bunching it leaps onto the offending urgul, crushing it under it's scaly bulk, it's bullet head lowering to begin tearing up the chunky remnants.
    Malus painfully removes the knife, wincing at the ichor that drips out where there should be blood, and throws it hard and fast at the nearest victim. He then takes the axe in both hands and starts laying atround like a Kiurgan bezerker, killing or maiming everything in sight.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

Surda Basement

Orrin taps the bridge of his nose.

"Of course they don't. But we have scrolls and the like on their kind. What they want is sensation. Experience. Anyone who walks through that arch (or the other arch in Vroengard) by default is agreeing to let their memories and feelings be examined. They lift them out of your head(you still remember everything, by the way), and in return, you are allowed three questions. At least in this arch. We send new recruits here with lists."

Surda Border

The man is wearing a light set of mail; obviously, he is some sort of scout.

"Who are you that crosses the Surdian...oh, it's you, Angela. Who's your friend?"

Uru-Baen

Galbatorix wastes no time on pleasantries.

"Count Riggs. Please tell us about your raid on the Varden forces."

The Plain of Gil'ead

Between the three of them, and with the assistance of the Home Guard, the Urgal horde is decimated...ten times. The elven elite have a single Urgal bound in their custody. Aside from Malus's injury, none of them are injured in the slightest.

"We thought it would be best if we left one for interrogation. They're supposed to be our allies in this war."

Helgrind

In the morning, they come. Row after row of children, orphans of the war. With father's dead from the Empire's previously failed assaults, and mothers lying in unmarked graves as camp followers, they arrive not in chains, but with a small honor guard of Galbatorix's warriors. Their faces are dirty, and smudged, and the eldest of them can't be more than fifteen. But a fanatic resolve is in their eyes, and they stand ready, awaiting instructions.

At their head, a tall dark-haired man in flanged ceremonial armor walks brusquely forward. He's waiting for Shadar Haram to make his appearance.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

23. - Top - End - #353
    Pixie in the Playground

Surda
    Stannis considers. "No." He says. "No. We do not know their agenda. While I don't doubt they derive some pleasure from our minds, I do not doubt there is more to them. We do not know for sure how many arches their are, or how they receive their information." He stops. A terrible suspicion enters his mind. "To many doubts. We cannot even trust for sure what they say, only confirming a little each time. What if there is another in Uru'Baen? There is. Of course there is. They take what is useful from our minds, and pass it over to the other side, and do the same for us."

Melisandre
    The priestess stares at him. She considers for a moment, then steps uncomfortably close. For a moment, the horse tries to shy away, then docily lowers it's head. "That is a good horse." She says. "You take care of it, keep it clean and healthy. You are to be commended." Her hands snakes up and takes the bridle. "I will return it as soon as I may. Get off."

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quenthel is only aware that the word 'interrogation' has been passed around. She takes this news with a bit of joy; she needs to blow off some steam. She snaps the vipers in her hands, hissing, "Leave this one to me."
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

Malus slides over beside her. If he were with his own kin, there would already be smiles and laughter. Prisoners were good for relaxation and letting off aggression, and even better for moral. It's hard t remain terrified of something you know so intimately, when you can cite the breaking strain of muscles and bones.
    And the thing looks tough and strong. Who knows how long it would survive?
    Of course, he wasn't with his kin. He was with a party of dirt elves obsessed with their own superiority, and yet had not recognized they were being manipulated.
    This interested him. His people were rarely social with lesser races, confident in their superiority. So why had they allied with these? Perhaps they were more desperate then he thought.

Shaidar Haran
    The fade appeared behind the man, a slight smile on his eyeless face. "I am here. Where is the warrior?"
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

Helgrind

The armored man steps forward.

"I represent my Lord Galbatorix. He has some questions for you."

The Great Plain

Bound and forced to kneel, the captive Urgal still is only slightly shorter than Quenthal. Eyes ablaze with a savage fury stare at the drow as he hawks back to spit at her feet.

"Disgusting. A female in authority."

Surda Basement

"That hardly seems likely. Our writings indicate that there are only three ways to enter their realm. The Arch of the Aelfinn, the Arch of the Eelfinn, and the Tower of Ghenjii. And nobody aside aside from legend has ever entered the last and survived. The only other arch is on Vroengard."

Imperial Border

The scout hesitates, but at a nod from Angela, he dismounts. As Melissandre is about to start forward, she feels a set of slim hands around her waist. It's Angela.

"Don't think you're getting away from me that easily." Her tone is light-hearted, as per usual.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

27. - Top - End - #357

Samurai Jack

Jack looks down on the captured monster. Something doesn't seem right about the newer companions the least of which was the man who attacked him before but these monsters attacked them first.

"Why did you attack us?"

Eddie Riggs

"It didn't go as well as I planned but I got most of my men out alive so thats better then your previous record." Eddie says blandly. Still playing with the arrow. He looks down on the arrow and up at the assembled nobles trying to match the arrow to the man who wanted him dead.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Malus sneers. "What does it matter? They attacked us. Unprovoked." He spins a wicked looking knife meaningfully between his long fingers. "And now, they insult Quenthal. What more do they need to do? They are animals. Savage, unthinking, mad for blood. Not thoughts, no mind. Nothing."

Shaidar Haran
    "I am at your kings disposal. But first, this." He removes the black elfstone. "We have work to do."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

The Great Plain

The Urgal smiles. His yellow teeth would look perfectly normal on a large cat.

"Your kind is weak. You are led by women and sorcerers; cowards and weaklings. We are strong. We will destroy you. We have no need of you. It is our Time now. Our Age."

Castle Galbatorix

Galbatorix looks slightly annoyed.

Down by the other edge of the table, one of the other nobles slams his fist onto the wood. He's dressed in an overly ornate military uniform. Pure white silk with gold braiding and more medals and pins than necessary. He looks inordinately pleased with himself.

"So, what you are saying, Count Riggs, is that our own military forces are completely inadequate? That the Imperial Army is run by incompetants?"

Helgrind

Murtagh stares at the Elfstone. The corner of his mouth is twitching.

"Never seen that before in my life."

He steps forward, eyeball to eyeless sockets.

"Let me tell you this. I don't trust you. I think you're plotting something against the king, and I am not going to let that happen. If you betray him, I will be right. behind. you."

Bravado. Haram has seen better. Still, the younger Rider has a great deal of power at his disposal. Almost as much as he does passion.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

30. - Top - End - #360

Eddie Riggs

"Count Ortlov I presume?" Eddie asks while looking down at the arrow and up at the Count. He places the arrow on the table pointing towards the count and without skipping a beat continues.

"I'm saying that the Varden are stronger then either your well organized and trained but sloppily equipped army and my rag-tag band of heavily armed but barely controlable kids with something to prove put together. They have freaking Dragons for crying out loud and the magic to force someone to wander the desert aimlessly for the rest of their lives. I got my machines and music to help midigate some of that but what do you guys got?"

Samurai Jack

Jack looks over the Urgal and back at Malus. "The place of the strong is to serve the weak, you both should learn that."